IMG_0517 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0701 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0513 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1404 (resized).JPEG
IMG_1405 (resized).JPEG
IMG_7706 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,927 posts in this topic. You are on page 169 of 219.
#8401 3 years ago
Quoted from tomawax360:

Hello, i recently pick up a Shadow pinball... so i am in the club.
Glad to exchange with you about, this game. I really wanted it and i am not disapointed. It s a very nice game.

Please share pics. I love to see machines from those new to the club.

#8402 3 years ago
Quoted from epeabs:

Has anyone used the cabinet decal set from Pinball Haus in Germany? I inquired about what material they were printed on, and they said PVC foil. Never heard of that material before. I've installed several sets of cabinet decals and most have been printed on Orajet material, and I've had good luck with them.

Orajet material is PVC. I have a print shop and we use PVC stuff on everything and it works well. We make decals for cars, windows, signs, etc...

#8403 3 years ago

Came up with a mod to brighten the back of the battlefield, a little bling and adds some diffuse lighting, tried to come up with art deco graphics and lighting to complement the machine ,I think I like the yellow fan design the best,

what do you guys think?

20210331_210537 (resized).jpg20210331_210537 (resized).jpg20210331_212149 (resized).jpg20210331_212149 (resized).jpg20210328_163403 (resized).jpg20210328_163403 (resized).jpg20210331_212313 (resized).jpg20210331_212313 (resized).jpg
#8404 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

Came up with a mod to brighten the back of the battlefield, a little bling and adds some diffuse lighting, tried to come up with art deco graphics and lighting to complement the machine ,I think I like the yellow fan design the best,
what do you guys think?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Fan looks great.

#8405 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

what do you guys think?

Very nice. I’d be in for one if you sell them.

#8406 3 years ago
Quoted from Stebel:

Fan looks great.

+ for the fan. looks great. Have you tried a warmer color temp on the LED?

#8407 3 years ago

Hi, I just purchased a shadow and have been going through all the burnt out bulbs, rubbers, etc. A random, stupid question, but how do you change the bulbs in the "Start" & "Extra Ball" buttons? I've tried applying slight pressure to twist it, assuming that it would disengage from the nuts / screw, but it's plastic and seemingly fragile that I'm a little reluctant to push this further as I'm not even sure that it's how it comes apart. Any guidance would be appreciated. Thanks,
Chris

#8408 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

what do you guys think?

Fan looks very impressive. How to I buy?

#8409 3 years ago
Quoted from KrazyIvan14:

Hi, I just purchased a shadow and have been going through all the burnt out bulbs, rubbers, etc. A random, stupid question, but how do you change the bulbs in the "Start" & "Extra Ball" buttons? I've tried applying slight pressure to twist it, assuming that it would disengage from the nuts / screw, but it's plastic and seemingly fragile that I'm a little reluctant to push this further as I'm not even sure that it's how it comes apart. Any guidance would be appreciated. Thanks,
Chris

There are 2 versions (both look much the same) - the original ones pulled straight out (sometimes you'll need quite a bit of force to pull it out, the switch and lamp housing all comes off the back of the button assembly). More recent version of the switch however changed and you need to turn the housing anti clockwise first before you take it out.

Start Button (resized).jpgStart Button (resized).jpg
#8410 3 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

+ for the fan. looks great. Have you tried a warmer color temp on the LED?

Agreed. I need this to soften up my grumpy mod!

#8411 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

sometimes you'll need quite a bit of force to pull it out, the switch and lamp housing all comes off the back of the button assembly

Yup. This thing can be a pain.

#8412 3 years ago

Thanks for the compliments guys. i was not planning to sell these but i have had a lot of interest in this and it does really add to our beautiful shadows so i will make a few more with the materials i have left over . pm me if you want one

i think you could power it with the grumpy mod and have it turn off and on with the battlefield activation if you are powering a 5 v bulb .

#8413 3 years ago

In case anybody is interested, I just listed a full set of cabinet decals for sale. These came with my Shadow when I bought it but I don't think I'm up for a cab restore right now - I'm focusing more on the playfield for the immediate future.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/112919

#8414 3 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

In case anybody is interested, I just listed a full set of cabinet decals for sale. These came with my Shadow when I bought it but I don't think I'm up for a cab restore right now - I'm focusing more on the playfield for the immediate future.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/112919

Dang I wish this was posted earlier! I’m on the 2nd month of waiting for my new Shadow decals from Europe... and it’s been 3 months on parts from Australia... the shipping lead times are just insane right now.

#8415 3 years ago

I'll just leave this here for now, my Shadow always looked a little naked, but not anymore...

This is an idea I had, in the spirit of the Shadow Pulp and Radio series. I mean it's where the modes start, so it just makes sense.

I reached out to Scott from https://pinballmods.co/ about collaborating on a design. I'm very pleased with how it came out, I mean the thing even lights on an off along with the "Start scene" insert. Scott's team did an amazing job bringing this to life.

I think he may likely be selling more versions of this on his site in the next week or so, I'm not sure how many are being made though. But just a heads up.

IMG_3515 (resized).JPGIMG_3515 (resized).JPG

IMG_3519 (resized).jpgIMG_3519 (resized).jpg

IMG_3521 (resized).jpgIMG_3521 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#8416 3 years ago

Back in the club here real soon. Does anyone have a set of wood gun grips that they’re willing to sell? These were commissioned a few years ago by Art on Pinside.
Thank you in advance, LMJ.

#8417 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I'll just leave this here for now, my Shadow always looked a little naked, but not anymore...
This is an idea I had, in the spirit of the Shadow Pulp and Radio series. I mean it's where the modes start, so it just makes sense.
I reached out to Scott from https://pinballmods.co/ about collaborating on a design. I'm very pleased with how it came out, I mean the thing even lights on an off along with the "Start scene" insert. Scott's team did an amazing job bringing this to life.
I think he may likely be selling more versions of this on his site in the next week or so, I'm not sure how many are being made though. But just a heads up.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Very cool! Maybe you could offer it in different colors, red, green, yellow? Color schemes are subjective on my pin I'd go for a green or red but honestly I'd be in for whatever you do, nice work.

#8418 3 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Very cool! Maybe you could offer it in different colors, red, green, yellow? Color schemes are subjective on my pin I'd go for a green or red but honestly I'd be in for whatever you do, nice work.

We actually experimented with a few colors (including blue which I thought would match quite well). I even color matched the pantone to the radio, but it just didn't convey sophisticated "radio", it looked more like a McDonalds toy. The brown veneer works, since the wireforms are veneer (And the paint for the dial is brass flake paint). Those that bought my shadow backboard decal would hopefully agree I'm pretty meticulous with detail.

I checked and Scott has does have a few extra ones available for sale (he created something pretty cool with the wiring, where the radio has a socket on the end, so you insert it in the board under the playfield and it lights both the insert and the radio at the same time).

I originally reached out to Scott with the idea and helped the design and look, really as a personal passion, but he is the creator (I'm not making any money off recommending if you buy, I just think the thing looks damn cool). He currently has a few available:

https://pinballmods.co/radio-mod-interactive

IMG_3734 (resized).JPGIMG_3734 (resized).JPG

#8419 3 years ago

A great idea ,well executed!
Scott comes up with some cool stuff,with his electronic skills I would have made the 4 knobs micro leds with each led tied into one of the saucer insert lights.

With where it is positioned Is the view of the ball in the saucer obscured from the players view?

#8421 3 years ago

during the shut down i pplayed around wtih some warmer lighting for the battlefield backplate but still like the fan in yellow the best. Like jones jb i always thought the saucer area needed a little something so came up with this , i thought the turquoise one would be a winner to tie into the design and color of the mode inserts but i think it needs a little work

20210410_155532 (resized).jpg20210410_155532 (resized).jpg20210410_155244 (resized).jpg20210410_155244 (resized).jpg20210411_203613 (resized).jpg20210411_203613 (resized).jpg20210411_204211 (resized).jpg20210411_204211 (resized).jpg20210411_204315 (resized).jpg20210411_204315 (resized).jpg20210411_204539 (resized).jpg20210411_204539 (resized).jpg

#8422 3 years ago

lots of pms about the mods made a thread over in the mod section so i don't clog up the club thread .

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-battlefield-and-mode-scoop-mods-#post-6226623

played a few games last night trying only to get to vengance and complete it, best was 1 3/4 , a lot of fun!

#8423 3 years ago

This design was an absolute pain to make. Glad to be done with it and have something to wear to the arcade.

172720389_10158575152177690_148301766874716884_n (resized).jpg172720389_10158575152177690_148301766874716884_n (resized).jpg173529712_10158575152192690_4044319722596516392_n (resized).jpg173529712_10158575152192690_4044319722596516392_n (resized).jpg
#8424 3 years ago

Hi,
Anyone have the battlefield wire form spares kicking around? Working with Chris at hot rod arcade and we are in need of this to finish a shadow project. Also néed the smaller wire form shown. PM me details or any leads of where we can find them.

Thanks!

A3A6039A-30E5-48C6-B3B5-23044DFD336E (resized).jpegA3A6039A-30E5-48C6-B3B5-23044DFD336E (resized).jpegB857623D-59FA-4CE7-9E3A-3A1B5BA517C6 (resized).jpegB857623D-59FA-4CE7-9E3A-3A1B5BA517C6 (resized).jpeg
#8425 3 years ago

In case you were one of the people looking for it, I now have some reproduction shadow battlefield screws up in my pinside shop. These were a lot more work than I expected (mostly a huge learning experience for me). I also had to buy a lot of new equipment/tooling to get it finished close to original. Anyways, if you want one, here is the link to them: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1180-slap-save-creations/05008-the-shadow-upper-playfield-thumbscrew-02-5142

Shadow Screw 2 (resized).jpgShadow Screw 2 (resized).jpg
#8426 3 years ago
Quoted from BrewNinja:

In case you were one of the people looking for it, I now have some reproduction shadow battlefield screws up in my pinside shop. These were a lot more work than I expected (mostly a huge learning experience for me). I also had to buy a lot of new equipment/tooling to get it finished close to original. Anyways, if you want one, here is the link to them: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1180-slap-save-creations/05008-the-shadow-upper-playfield-thumbscrew-02-5142
[quoted image]

nice work

#8427 3 years ago

Hi,
Anyone have the battlefield wire form spares kicking around? Working with Chris at hot rod arcade and we are in need of this to finish a shadow project. Also néed the smaller wire form shown. PM me details or any leads of where we can find them.
Thanks!

Wire forms found! Thank you Pinside. Donation sent.

#8428 3 years ago

Ramps found and on the way. Donation sent to Pinside!

#8429 3 years ago

Is there a shooter lane protector that fits Shadow that someone can recommend?

#8431 3 years ago

Public Service Announcement: I just learned about this stuff when I received my GnR. I highly recommend it, use it to clean the playfield in between waxings:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002U729UA/ref=twister_B06XKFKYF2

#8432 3 years ago

I can’t seem to find instructions for the radio mod install. Looks pretty easy, but I want to be sure I do it right. It has 2 plugs to connect to make it interact with the scoop light and a few zip ties, which I’m guessing are to keep the wires neat.

If someone installed this, maybe you could message me. I’m sure it’s simple.

Thx!

#8433 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

I can’t seem to find instructions for the radio mod install. Looks pretty easy, but I want to be sure I do it right. It has 2 plugs to connect to make it interact with the scoop light and a few zip ties, which I’m guessing are to keep the wires neat.
If someone installed this, maybe you could message me. I’m sure it’s simple.
Thx!

How to Install…
1. Unscrew the two machine screws from the two posts to the left and right of the “Start Scene” shot.
2. Place the radio over the two posts, and use the two #6/32 screws to fix the radio over the shot (it’s likely that the default hex screws heads will be too large).
3. Feed the wired around behind the right ramp, into the hole in the playfield.
4. Lift up the playfield, and replace the current twist socket with the one at the end of the wire.
5. Enjoy!

#8434 3 years ago

Thanks, regarding step #4, where exactly to these wires attach? (Pic below).

C89D7AE1-66A2-4210-9BAE-05FF592DC6B2 (resized).jpegC89D7AE1-66A2-4210-9BAE-05FF592DC6B2 (resized).jpeg
#8435 2 years ago

Mod Bonanza!

I installed the pinballjj battlefield fan today and it looks beautiful. I wired it in with the Grumpy activation board too (you can set it to be lit at all times), you can also see Scott's lit radio that we built too (https://pinballmods.co/radio-mod-interactive)...

#8436 2 years ago

looking good ! you have a green light behind the battlefield?

#8437 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

looking good ! you have a green light behind the battlefield?

Yep I added a strip back there years ago.

#8438 2 years ago

A lot of folks looking to join the club. The wanted ads are full.

I’ve had this pin for a couple months and find it to be one of the best I’ve played. Shoot for shadow loops, vengeance mode or try to reach the wizard mode. So much fun.

#8439 2 years ago
Quoted from OCP2:

I’ve had this pin for a couple months and find it to be one of the best I’ve played. Shoot for shadow loops, vengeance mode or try to reach the wizard mode. So much fun.

Yep so much to do, and different ways to approach the game... it is a pin really ahead of its time. And I'd say in terms of suite of unique toys in a game, The Shadow would rank in top 5 of all time (Magnet lock, battlefield, diverters, gun shooter).

#8440 2 years ago

Question for people. My shadow was a basketcase when I bought it, so I have nothing to compare to. The mode start shot on mine is SUPER difficult to make. I put on titan regular posts, but wondering if putting on the slim stern ones would work better. Right now I almost never shoot for a mode start because its that hard to make the shot (I typically just go for super vengeance jackpot for high scores...). Is that shot supposed to be that difficult to make? I feel like it shouldn't because its a really important shot. I had to put in a CPR playfield, so the posts should be in the correct spot.

#8441 2 years ago
Quoted from OCP2:

When I first got into the hobby 6 or 7 years ago a guy that had been around a while told me to buy a Shadow. At the shows it would get ignored and they could be purchased for $1500 or so. It was my second machine ever and I am on my third Shadow now. Each one has been in better condition than the other. One day I want a fully restored top to bottom.

#8442 2 years ago
Quoted from BrewNinja:

Question for people. My shadow was a basketcase when I bought it, so I have nothing to compare to. The mode start shot on mine is SUPER difficult to make. I put on titan regular posts, but wondering if putting on the slim stern ones would work better. Right now I almost never shoot for a mode start because its that hard to make the shot (I typically just go for super vengeance jackpot for high scores...). Is that shot supposed to be that difficult to make? I feel like it shouldn't because its a really important shot. I had to put in a CPR playfield, so the posts should be in the correct spot.

It is an important, but difficult shot. But I like your idea of adding slim ones, I might try that too. I do suspect the difficulty of the shot is an unintended consequence of adding so much to the playfield, It's actually one of the few pins to have full orbits, two ramps, and an inner orbit. I mean when you think about it, what others have that too (especially older pins)? Star Trek and GnR are the only one that come to mind.

#8443 2 years ago

I have to place an order for rubbers anyways, so might as well grab them and try them I guess. Just was wondering if its normally a pretty difficult shot or what. Sounds like it might be.

#8444 2 years ago

Well Titans are thicker than the stock post sleeves I believe, so you’re making it harder on yourself by using those. I kept my post sleeves stock. Shot is hard, but makable.

#8445 2 years ago

i have thought of trying thinner post sleeves but the shot is tight but makeable and satisfying to hit especially on a clean shot. most of mine rattle around before making it to the saucer...

HOW MANY TIMES have i had 3/4 of the scarves lit with only a mode or two left to start final battle and FAILED ???? i won't even mention the times everything is 4/4 lit and i failed to get a saucer shot to start final battle

#8446 2 years ago

Modes is always the last one for me. Haha.

My point is, why make it harder than stock? Putting Titans on makes the shot smaller.

#8447 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

i have thought of trying thinner post sleeves but the shot is tight but makeable and satisfying to hit especially on a clean shot. most of mine rattle around before making it to the saucer...
HOW MANY TIMES have i had 3/4 of the scarves lit with only a mode or two left to start final battle and FAILED ???? i won't even mention the times everything is 4/4 lit and i failed to get a saucer shot to start final battle

You can activate the final battle by shooting at the scoop under the ramp aswell..not that its a easy shot either.

#8448 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Modes is always the last one for me. Haha.
My point is, why make it harder than stock? Putting Titans on makes the shot smaller.

So the Slim Stern ones are probably closer to stock anyway!

#8449 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

So the Slim Stern ones are probably closer to stock anyway!

For sure.

#8450 2 years ago

Added star post illumination to all the lower yellow posts. I think it looks good.

Tough to get a good picture, to really showcase it.

68546F2C-166A-4B75-890B-C92F83532D29 (resized).jpeg68546F2C-166A-4B75-890B-C92F83532D29 (resized).jpegDEFC835F-BFD9-49B5-85EA-BCCB9651874F (resized).jpegDEFC835F-BFD9-49B5-85EA-BCCB9651874F (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

7,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hamilton, ON
5,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Thornton, CO
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Boards
Slap Save Creations

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Aurora, IL
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

There are 10,927 posts in this topic. You are on page 169 of 219.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-club/page/169?hl=afinemoose and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.