IMG_0517 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0701 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0513 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1404 (resized).JPEG
IMG_1405 (resized).JPEG
IMG_7706 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,927 posts in this topic. You are on page 168 of 219.
#8351 3 years ago

Yellow sets added! One of the yellows I have is a fairly close match.

woody76 You mentioned getting another color. Since you were the first one to order, pick another color and Ill throw in a set for free to say thanks

Shadow Opto Covers Yellow1 (resized).jpgShadow Opto Covers Yellow1 (resized).jpgShadow Opto Covers Yellow2 (resized).jpgShadow Opto Covers Yellow2 (resized).jpg
#8352 3 years ago

The yellow look good!

#8353 3 years ago

Quoted from BrewNinja:

woody76 You mentioned getting another color. Since you were the first one to order, pick another color and Ill throw in a set for free to say thanks [quoted image][quoted image]

The yellow looks great! How do we order? Edit- Click on the page............

#8354 3 years ago
Quoted from BrewNinja:

woody76 You mentioned getting another color. Since you were the first one to order, pick another color and Ill throw in a set for free to say thanks [quoted image][quoted image]

heck yea, I will take yellow

#8355 3 years ago

Howdy.

So all my ring lights are missing the sockets/harness and have standard incandescent bulbs soldered to wires.

Two are burnt out and it's driving me nuts.

I ordered some 3mm LEDs with resistors to replace and they are so dim it's crazy. They may as well not even be there.

Does anybody know where I can purchase the correct socket/harness for standard bulbs (everywhere I look is OOS) so I can just buy a bunch of bulbs and easily swap them without breaking out my soldering iron?

Or more ideally, does anybody know a suitable LED replacement that is as bright as standard bulbs?

Cheers.

#8356 3 years ago

Not all LED's are created equal! Im guessing you put in 12v leds. Find some 5v leds and you should be set. Ill also mention you may want to find some that arent crazy bright either. I just have some random ones I had laying around and had to shove a resistor in with it because they were too bright at first.

#8357 3 years ago

BrewNinja Well dang yup you are correct I thought 12v was the way to go thanks!

Would these guys look to be a decent fit?

https://www.amazon.com/Pre-Wired-Transparent-Resistor-Indicator-Emitting/dp/B08G48CK6W/ref=mp_s_a_1_8

Cheers!

#8358 3 years ago

Arg no. That’s wrong. Also 12v. Presume clear or warm white is the best color to get once I find some?

#8359 3 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Arg no. That’s wrong. Also 12v. Presume clear or warm white is the best color to get once I find some?

I can send you some mini 5 volts for free, depending on the color. I ordered a bunch a long time ago in a variety of colors when I was doing chest mods for IronMan figures.

#8360 3 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-club/page/160#post-6040435

i did a lot of internet searching for the original sockets with no luck, this is what i ended up doing . works well

#8361 3 years ago

Anyone have Pinsound for their Shadow? Is it worth it? Is it as good of an upgrade as it is on Indiana Jones?

The upgraded sound and callouts on IJ are amazing, and i'd hope there is something similar available for Shadow...

#8362 3 years ago

Howdy.
So all my ring lights are missing the sockets/harness and have standard incandescent bulbs soldered to wires.
Two are burnt out and it's driving me nuts.
I ordered some 3mm LEDs with resistors to replace and they are so dim it's crazy. They may as well not even be there.
Does anybody know where I can purchase the correct socket/harness for standard bulbs (everywhere I look is OOS) so I can just buy a bunch of bulbs and easily swap them without breaking out my soldering iron?
Or more ideally, does anybody know a suitable LED replacement that is as bright as standard bulbs?
Cheers.

Hey Gorillabusicuits, I went through this a while back(in this thread). I wound up just using comet 1 smd bulbs where I removed the housing. worked perfectly, need more light? use a 2 smd. bulb...

8753a0befa527c16d64f49e555c117d5f93f0679 (resized).jpg8753a0befa527c16d64f49e555c117d5f93f0679 (resized).jpg

#8363 3 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Anyone have Pinsound for their Shadow? Is it worth it? Is it as good of an upgrade as it is on Indiana Jones?
The upgraded sound and callouts on IJ are amazing, and i'd hope there is something similar available for Shadow...

An Orson Wells mix would be cool. I know some one who has all the files in FLAC if any one has the skills...

#8364 3 years ago

Battlefield shroud is up for sale if interested...

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/112054

Thanks!

Matt

#8365 3 years ago

Howdy.
Does anybody know where I can purchase the correct socket/harness for standard bulbs (everywhere I look is OOS)
Cheers.

https://shop.thepinwitch.com/Geraetespezifisches/Bally/The-Shadow/the-shadow-lampenfassung-fuer-ring.html

#8366 3 years ago

aurich translite for sale if anyone is looking for one ( i am not the seller)

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aurich-shadow-translite#post-6194090

#8367 3 years ago

Anyone know the part # for the 2 metal brackets that hold the transformer down in the cab? I looked through the manual and didn't find anything. My machine has the wrong brackets installed...

Screen Shot 2021-03-19 at 11.03.44 AM.pdfScreen Shot 2021-03-19 at 11.03.44 AM.pdf
#8368 3 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Anyone know the part # for the 2 metal brackets that hold the transformer down in the cab? I looked through the manual and didn't find anything. My machine has the wrong brackets installed...
[quoted image]

I believe Planetary has a catalog on their website with all those obscure part numbers...gray or green goods as I recall

#8369 3 years ago
Quoted from monkfe:

I believe Planetary has a catalog on their website with all those obscure part numbers...gray or green goods as I recall

Thanks I emailed Planetary and they gave me this reply:

"The part # is not listed as those brackets are part of the transformer itself, so are not a separate item. We do not have those brackets, Sorry."

If anyone knows where to find a spare set of these brackets I would greatly appreciate it. If not, looks like I'll have to search around at the local hardware store...

#8370 3 years ago

Turned my machine on last night, switch error 35. I am wondering if it never worked. No obvious broken wires, two white green and one green orange both look to be making solid connections. If someone is under the machine in the coming days and could take a picture of the switch/wires I would appreciate it.

View recent photos (resized).pngView recent photos (resized).png
#8371 3 years ago
Quoted from daveddd14:

Turned my machine on last night, switch error 35. I am wondering if it never worked. No obvious broken wires, two white green and one green orange both look to be making solid connections. If someone is under the machine in the coming days and could take a picture of the switch/wires I would appreciate it.[quoted image]

Does register when you are running a switch edge test?

#8372 3 years ago
Quoted from EStroh:

Does register when you are running a switch edge test?

No it doesn’t.

#8373 3 years ago
Quoted from daveddd14:

No it doesn’t.

I don't know where that is in the matrix , but check where those switch wires run to next both the column and row...could be broken there I only see one wire (green) so I'm guessing it's at the end of the line...so follow that one first

#8375 3 years ago
Quoted from monkfe:

I don't know where that is in the matrix , but check where those switch wires run to next both the column and row...could be broken there I only see one wire (green) so I'm guessing it's at the end of the line...so follow that one first

Loose connection in the back box. All fixed now!

#8376 3 years ago
Quoted from daveddd14:

Sweet

#8377 3 years ago
Quoted from daveddd14:

It's nice when it is simple stuff. My favorite repairs have a zero dollar cost.

#8378 3 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Thanks I emailed Planetary and they gave me this reply:
"The part # is not listed as those brackets are part of the transformer itself, so are not a separate item. We do not have those brackets, Sorry."
If anyone knows where to find a spare set of these brackets I would greatly appreciate it. If not, looks like I'll have to search around at the local hardware store...

The Shadow and Corvette mounted the transformer directly to the back of the cabinet with no additional bracket. After these 2 machines B/W introduced a mounting plate (called a "Drip Plate") 01-13936 that was placed between the cabinet and the transformer.

There are no service bulletins for the Shadow transformer mount, so it sounds like someone decided to retrofit a plate to your machine

Edit: Hang on - are you referring to the actual transformer brackets? But there are 4 of those (one on each corner) - if you mean these, then yes they are part of the transformer. You'd need to pick up a dead /damaged transformer or make your own.

#8379 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

The Shadow and Corvette mounted the transformer directly to the back of the cabinet with no additional bracket. After these 2 machines B/W introduced a mounting plate (called a "Drip Plate") 01-13936 that was placed between the cabinet and the transformer.
There are no service bulletins for the Shadow transformer mount, so it sounds like someone decided to retrofit a plate to your machine
Edit: Hang on - are you referring to the actual transformer brackets? But there are 4 of those (one on each corner) - if you mean these, then yes they are part of the transformer. You'd need to pick up a dead /damaged transformer or make your own.

Hey thanks for the reply. Yes, I’m speaking specially to the transformer brackets. Planetary said the same thing, I can’t purchase these individually so I’m just hoping someone can let me know the size and length of 1 of the brackets so I can find some or make some. I would greatly appreciate it.

#8380 3 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Hey thanks for the reply. Yes, I’m speaking specially to the transformer brackets. Planetary said the same thing, I can’t purchase these individually so I’m just hoping someone can let me know the size and length of 1 of the brackets so I can find some or make some. I would greatly appreciate it.

Should be basically the same as the brackets on your IJ

#8381 3 years ago

I've had a lot of people over the last few months ask if I was going to reprint the shadow backboard decals I used to have. I've been asked enough that I figured I would make another run. Going forward, Ill try to keep them in stock. Here is a link to them in my pinside shop: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1180-slap-save-creations/02484-the-shadow-backboard-decal

Also, I should mention, these are NOT the same ones jonesjb makes. Just wanted to make sure there was no confusion

#8382 3 years ago

New mini DMD I added to my Shadow. Can change the text to what you want and comes in various colors. Think the blue text looks the best for the Shadow. Pretty cool mod for $35!

#8383 3 years ago

Hi,
My right flipper seems weak. I checked the mech and the coil is a FL11629/50V blue as on the left side. Or the manual says that i should have a FL15411 orange. Can i have confirmation? Could it be the reason of my issue?
Thanks

#8384 3 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Hi,
My right flipper seems weak. I checked the mech and the coil is a FL11629/50V blue as on the left side. Or the manual says that i should have a FL15411 orange. Can i have confirmation? Could it be the reason of my issue?
Thanks

The FL11629 is the stronger coil of the two you have listed. Might just need to rebuild the mechanism.

#8385 3 years ago

Hi,
Thanks

Both lower flippers should be the stronger FL-11629, while the upper right should be the FL-15411 (it doesn't need to be that strong for the shots that are available) - this is as per the manual.

Which right flipper are you saying is weak?

#8386 3 years ago

Lower one.
Mech Seems working properly.
Had an issue on left side, changed plunger+sleeve and then fixed it.
I think to do the same right side and see how it works.

#8387 3 years ago

Lower one.
Mech Seems working properly.
Had an issue on left side, changed plunger+sleeve and then fixed it.
I think to do the same right side and see how it works.

So it should be a FL-11629, which I believe you have based on your previous post. Yes I'd be putting a flipper rebuild kit in - sleeve, plunger & linkage and coil stop. Worth checking/replacing the flipper bushing as well

#8388 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

So it should be a FL-11629, which I believe you have based on your previous post. Yes I'd be putt a flipper rebuild kit in - sleeve, plunger & linkage and coil stop. Worth checking/replacing the flipper bushing as well

So i changed the plunger + sleeve + coil stop and it fixed my issue. What a change!
Thanks

#8389 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

New mini DMD I added to my Shadow. Can change the text to what you want and comes in various colors. Think the blue text looks the best for the Shadow. Pretty cool mod for $35!

Thats kinda cool. Can you do any pixel art or just letters?

#8390 3 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Just come around and get your measurements off of my game.

#8391 3 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Just come around and get your measurements off of my game.

I might just “borrow” one and take it to a metal shop to make 4...

#8392 3 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Thats kinda cool. Can you do any pixel art or just letters?

You can create your own text art with the app.

#8393 3 years ago

Hello, i recently pick up a Shadow pinball... so i am in the club.
Glad to exchange with you about, this game. I really wanted it and i am not disapointed. It s a very nice game.

#8395 3 years ago
Quoted from tomawax360:

Glad to exchange with you about, this game. I really wanted it and i am not disapointed. It s a very nice game.

Welcome to Pinside and The Shadow club. Yep it's one of my favourite go to machines and reach out if you have any queries

#8396 3 years ago
Quoted from tomawax360:

Welcome! The Shadow is a fantastic game.
You’ll find great tips and advice here about it. Enjoy!

#8397 3 years ago

Has anyone used the cabinet decal set from Pinball Haus in Germany? I inquired about what material they were printed on, and they said PVC foil. Never heard of that material before. I've installed several sets of cabinet decals and most have been printed on Orajet material, and I've had good luck with them.

#8398 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

You can create your own text art with the app.

What app? Post a link where to find this stuff?

#8399 3 years ago

https://www.pinballlife.com/minidmd.html

I am sure you can find it other places like Amazon and Ebay for a few bucks less, but it looks like PBL includes the bulbs to tap for power.

Here is a whole discussion on it-
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-minidmd-product-from-britemods-pinball-life

#8400 3 years ago

App is called LEDBadge.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

7,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hamilton, ON
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

5,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Thornton, CO
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 10,927 posts in this topic. You are on page 168 of 219.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-club/page/168?hl=manny65 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.