IMG_0517 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0701 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0513 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1404 (resized).JPEG
IMG_1405 (resized).JPEG
IMG_7706 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,927 posts in this topic. You are on page 166 of 219.
#8251 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Wow!! I think the value of any Shadow pin with aurich signature artwork has just hit a new high

Are they not being made anymore?

#8252 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Are they not being made anymore?

Well Aurich announced around 9 months ago that the printer he uses was selling off the printers used to print the translites and he made a "last call", however as of a couple months ago the printer has kept 2 of these printers so Aurich is again collecting names for another run.

If anyone wants to jump on board for a new translite and speaker plastic - here is Aurich's thread https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aurich-s-shadow-translite-final-run-last-call/page/5#post-6044749

#8253 3 years ago
Quoted from jedimastermatt:

Presenting my Pinsound Shadow orchestration. This one took a long time to come together with many starts ands stops on the project. The one nice thing about the pandemic has been forcing me to get projects done that I've left lingering.
Every sound file has been either replaced with source audio, new high resolution cues, or for the custom pinball related call outs - some digital cleanup to remove as much noise and distortion as possible.
Of all the mixes I've done, this is the one I'm most proud about how it turned out due to the effort involved.
I decided to tap into the film's origin story for the Shadow in Mongolia/Tibet and use a lot of prayer bells, gongs, and even some throat singing to go along with the call outs that I replaced from the film. Those with a good ear may notice a certain archeology professor's film series being used for some of the gunfire and punches as I think no series has ever done those sound effects better.
I've always been a big fan of the soundtrack with the synth and drums combined with the orchestra. It's one of Goldsmith's underrated scores.
This is a big file and requires a very fast USB flash drive with good read speeds to eliminate any audio delays. Included in the download is a boot.wav so your game as a proper greeting message when it starts up.
https://www.pinsound-community.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/347-the-shadow-ultimate-orchestration-music-and-sfx/
*This is awaiting approval from Pinsound and should be available shortly.

*Please excuse the horrible video quality and play while this was recording. The "clown puke" look for this doesn't appear this way in person. Digital camera sensors almost always oversaturate blue.

It looks like the file is approved and is now available. Enjoy!

https://www.pinsound-community.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/347-the-shadow-ultimate-orchestration-music-and-sfx/

#8254 3 years ago

Switched out my backboard decal and modified the lighting,made a little decal extending the cityscape to the blue plastic plate below the battlefield,might try an art deco battlefield theme as well

20210220_221907 (resized).jpg20210220_221907 (resized).jpg
#8255 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

Switched out my backboard decal and modified the lighting,made a little decal extending the cityscape to the blue plastic plate below the battlefield,might try an art deco battlefield theme as well
[quoted image]

Do you have a pic of the decal you had there before?

#8256 3 years ago
Quoted from Stebel:

Do you have a pic of the decal you had there before?

if you look back maybe three pages you can see it in some of my prior posts . it was the one with a cityscape with purple and blue colors and a moon, the buildings were more like modern buildings though .

#8257 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

if you look back maybe three pages you can see it in some of my prior posts . it was the one with a cityscape with purple and blue colors and a moon, the buildings were more like modern buildings though .

old vs new - matches the theme much better and looks great

TS backboard - old (resized).JPGTS backboard - old (resized).JPG TS backboard - new (resized).JPGTS backboard - new (resized).JPG

#8258 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

old vs new - matches the theme much better and looks great
[quoted image] [quoted image]

Thank you!

#8259 3 years ago

Does anyone close to my area (Langhorne, PA) need original ramps for a players Shadow? My game had the Mantis replacement ramps installed when I purchased it but the originals were given to me as well. Right ramp looks fine. Left ramp was spot welded to repair and seems solid...could use some sanding I guess but not sure if that’d compromise the integrity or not.

0E7B5B18-141B-4C00-BD62-795FCFF7AE87 (resized).jpeg0E7B5B18-141B-4C00-BD62-795FCFF7AE87 (resized).jpegC972A673-B452-4518-8991-4F78035D0EDD (resized).jpegC972A673-B452-4518-8991-4F78035D0EDD (resized).jpeg
#8260 3 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

And I found another crack in the bracket. I’m surprised it’s played this long!

That entire part on mine broke off years ago. Amazingly, the game plays just fine without it ...

Shadow (resized).jpgShadow (resized).jpg
#8261 3 years ago

My game is missing one of the thumbscrews that secures the mini-playfield. Does anyone have one of these lying around, or know where I might be able to buy a replacement?

#8262 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

That entire part on mine broke off years ago. Amazingly, the game plays just fine without it ...[quoted image]

mine had the usual corner break when i bought it but worked fine .

as far as i can tell from the original design the rolled edge of the bracket allows the shaft of the the gear to rotate along it and keeps the gear really tight to the teeth of the rack , so with a broken bracket without the shaft contacting the rolled edge it is just the weight of the whole mechanism that keeps the gear from chattering along the rack, it seems like the weight is just enough.

the original design is a damn tight fit( particularly if the set screw or roll pin are not flush) and it seems like it can be too much friction for the motor to turn the gear , i fixed my old bracket with jb weld and using that one or the mantis bracket (with some filing of the rolled edge to even get the gear to fit in the bracket ) my motor would not turn the gear or it would run out of steam after a pass or two back and forth. maybe the motor loses power as it ages as it or the power board does not supply enough voltage to drive the tight setup? would checking the voltages at the motor or power board confirm this theory?

at any rate mine is working really smooth with the mantis bracket filed to allow a " loose" setup.

#8263 3 years ago

on a related note anyone have a picture of the inside of the gearbox?

#8264 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

My game is missing one of the thumbscrews that secures the mini-playfield. Does anyone have one of these lying around, or know where I might be able to buy a replacement?

Missing one of? It only uses one (on the left).

#8265 3 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Missing one of? It only uses one (on the left).

Oops! I lifted up the mini-playfield today to take the photo and I just glanced really quickly and it looked like there was a hole on the other side.

#8266 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Oops! I lifted up the mini-playfield today to take the photo and I just glanced really quickly and it looked like there was a hole on the other side.

I thought the same thing when I first got my shadow.

#8267 3 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

I thought the same thing when I first got my shadow.

Yeah, but I've had mine for like eight years, so what's my excuse?

#8268 3 years ago
Quoted from SNES:

I just installed the grumpy Battlefield mod and I have to say, it is awesome! I’m super pumped as I like to play in the dark and it was so hard to see up there. This is a perfect solution.
I also want to say, Grumpy really helped me through my lighting issue as well. Went above and beyond to help. Stand up guy all around!

Is this mod still available?

#8269 3 years ago
Quoted from beefzap:

grumpy will make you one if you ask nicely

#8270 3 years ago
Quoted from beefzap:

I can still make one for you if you like.

#8271 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Hmm!

#8272 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

#8273 3 years ago

Hi Shadow fans. I'm sure I'm not alone, but I am looking for a left diverter. The set screw area on mine is in really poor shape. The repro ones I find at Pinball Center in the UK don't look like they are built too sturdy.

#8274 3 years ago
Quoted from epeabs:

Hi Shadow fans. I'm sure I'm not alone, but I am looking for a left diverter. The set screw area on mine is in really poor shape. The repro ones I find at Pinball Center in the UK don't look like they are built too sturdy.

I had asked Kerry at Mantis if he would make these, as I'm sure he'd do it justice, but said he didn't have the tooling to do it...so I left mine as they are for now...they seem to be becoming another unobtainium part

#8275 3 years ago
Quoted from monkfe:

I had asked Kerry at Mantis if he would make these, as I'm sure he'd do it justice, but said he didn't have the tooling to do it...so I left mine as they are for now...they seem to be becoming another unobtainium part

I just purchased the Mantis Battlefield replacement part and the ramps. I don't want to install the new ramps until I have the proper parts to put it back together properly.

#8276 3 years ago
Quoted from epeabs:

I just purchased the Mantis Battlefield replacement part and the ramps. I don't want to install the new ramps until I have the proper parts to put it back together properly.

You Said the set screw was the issue, but that located on the arm...what's wrong there? Pic?

#8277 3 years ago

I don't have a picture. The crank arm was blown out so bad I removed the old collar and I welded on a new collar. Honestly, I think someone tried to weld the diverter shaft to the crank arm. I have two new crank arms in my Pinball Life cart. Ultimately I will try to somehow rebuild my left diverter shaft and turn it down on my lathe, or buy a "good" left diverter.

#8278 3 years ago

Confused also. If it need a new set-screw, just change the set screw.

#8279 3 years ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

Confused also. If it need a new set-screw, just change the set screw.

I think he's saying the shaft of the diverter is chewed up where the set screw is hitting it.. if he's a skilled tig welder he could add some metal in that area and turn it or grind it smooth again.

#8280 3 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

I think he's saying the shaft of the diverter is chewed up where the set screw is hitting it.. if he's a skilled tig welder he could add some metal in that area and turn it or grind it smooth again.

Correct. The set screw area is screwed up I'm sure like they most are. What initially looked like somebody tried to weld it, is actually a drill hole from drilling out I think a broken set screw. I welded on a new coller onto the arm and installed a couple 8/32 bolts that I had in stock for now. Just wanted to have everything nice and tight so thought a new diverter with the new pinball life crank arms would be the way to go. In the long run I will probably try tig welding the end of this one and clean it up. When I recently bought the machine, I pulled the crank arm area apart to clean and check, and realized the collar actually had a wood screw on one side of it. Definitely not my cup of tea.

20210301_064804 (resized).jpg20210301_064804 (resized).jpg20210301_065147 (resized).jpg20210301_065147 (resized).jpg
#8281 3 years ago
Quoted from epeabs:

Correct. The set screw area is screwed up I'm sure like they most are. What initially looked like somebody tried to weld it, is actually a drill hole from drilling out I think a broken set screw. I welded on a new coller onto the arm and installed a couple 8/32 bolts that I had in stock for now. Just wanted to have everything nice and tight so thought a new diverter with the new pinball life crank arms would be the way to go. In the long run I will probably try tig welding the end of this one and clean it up. When I recently bought the machine, I pulled the crank arm area apart to clean and check, and realized the collar actually had a wood screw on one side of it. Definitely not my cup of tea.[quoted image][quoted image]

So it looks like you just need a new crank arm, I would just clean up the shaft with a file as it doesn't look too bad. Unless the diverter has a lot of wobble in the area where the tubing meets the frame, you should be good with the new crank arm. I replaced mine too...worn out a lot like yours.

#8282 3 years ago
Quoted from monkfe:

So it looks like you just need a new crank arm, I would just clean up the shaft with a file as it doesn't look too bad. Unless the diverter has a lot of wobble in the area where the tubing meets the frame, you should be good with the new crank arm. I replaced mine too...worn out a lot like yours.

Replaced my arms with the PBL beefed up bad boys. My rods are just as chewed up. Havent had an issue since.

#8283 3 years ago
Quoted from monkfe:

Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Replaced my arms with the PBL beefed up bad boys. My rods are just as chewed up. Havent had an issue since.

Maybe I'll just try to clean it up better and order the PL upgraded version. Thank you.

#8284 3 years ago

I ended up tig welding a little bit on the end of the divertor shaft as well as on the end of the divertor itself which was beat up from ball's slamming into it. Both are in much better shape now. Now I will order the pinball life upgraded crank arms.

20210301_154235 (resized).jpg20210301_154235 (resized).jpg20210301_171715 (resized).jpg20210301_171715 (resized).jpg
#8285 3 years ago
Quoted from epeabs:

I ended up tig welding a little bit on the end of the divertor shaft as well as on the end of the divertor itself which was beat up from ball's slamming into it. Both are in much better shape now. Now I will order the pinball life upgraded crank arms.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Nice job!!

#8286 3 years ago

Pinball Life upgraded crank arms have been ordered.

#8287 3 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

A friend of mine re-engineered the pluger kicker arm. According to him every owner of a "the Shadow" knows this problem all too well and apparently it is not available for purchase anywhere. He made spares.
The square piece in increased in thickness from 6.2mm to 7mm.
The whole part is Zink-coated.
Price is EUR 25 plus EUR 5 for shipping to USA.
He has 20 pieces left.
Please contact him at [email protected]
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Added 126 days ago: Wow, this was fast - SOLD OUT

Is your friend going to have any more of these made? I would be in for two.

#8289 3 years ago

I just picked up an older set of Pinstadium lights and wanted to try it out on my Shadow. Can someone share their set up for the two wires (four alligator clips) that they found works best for the lighting and flasher. Greatly appreciate the help!

#8290 3 years ago

I just installed new Mantis ramps and Pinball Life diverter crank arms. Holy cow, what a difference with the crank arms. To say mine were blown out is an understatement. The ramps are a huge improvement over stock.

20210306_220554 (resized).jpg20210306_220554 (resized).jpg20210306_220557 (resized).jpg20210306_220557 (resized).jpg20210306_203625 (resized).jpg20210306_203625 (resized).jpg
#8291 3 years ago

95% complete on my friends Shadow cabinet decals. Just some fine tuning on the backbox edges to go.

20210306_145128 (resized).jpg20210306_145128 (resized).jpg20210306_145213 (resized).jpg20210306_145213 (resized).jpg
#8292 3 years ago
Quoted from epeabs:

95% complete on my friends Shadow cabinet decals. Just some fine tuning on the backbox edges to go.

Wow looks great!

Where did you purchase the decals from?

#8293 3 years ago
Quoted from epeabs:

Your friend is a lucky guy - the playfield pics you posted in the Spraymax thread look amazing also.

Did you trim the backbox decals to match the original shape or did you just trim them to the edge? I have some decals that came with my Shadow and I'm trying to decide what to do there - I'm leaning towards making a template from the original and cutting them to match.

#8294 3 years ago

That would be me! I purchased the decals from pinballdecalseu.com. We were surprised by how much more purple the new decals have in them vs. the original but overall it fits the theme I have going with purple flash domes etc. The cabinet restore/clear coat of the playfield was the last item on the list. Can’t wait to get it back. But its good to play Erik’s while I’m waiting for mine!

#8295 3 years ago
Quoted from MG7322:

That would be me! I purchased the decals from pinballdecalseu.com. We were surprised by how much more purple the new decals have in them vs. the original but overall it fits the theme I have going with purple flash domes etc. The cabinet restore/clear coat of the playfield was the last item on the list. Can’t wait to get it back. But its good to play Erik’s while I’m waiting for mine!

Thanks! I’m still waiting for my CPR gold playfield to get back from being cleared by Ron Kruzman. Not sure if I want to swap yet since the original Pf is pretty nice already.

#8296 3 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

Your friend is a lucky guy - the playfield pics you posted in the Spraymax thread look amazing also.
Did you trim the backbox decals to match the original shape or did you just trim them to the edge? I have some decals that came with my Shadow and I'm trying to decide what to do there - I'm leaning towards making a template from the original and cutting them to match.

I did not trim them to match the original shape. I went to the edge of the backbox and sanded them off at a 45 angle.

20210307_141934 (resized).jpg20210307_141934 (resized).jpg
#8297 3 years ago

working on a mod for the backbox area,

"day"
20210228_173948 (resized).jpg20210228_173948 (resized).jpg

would love to have the lighting changes tied in to the modes or the multiballs as it seems like some of the modes are based on scenes that occur in the night or day but triggering off the switch matrix is not easy or perhaps even possible.

i have it wired with a timing circuit ,looking at the audits average ball time is 70 seconds ( seems low for a player of my skills right ? ) so with the timing change at 60 seconds with a good ball you go through at least one whole day

"Night"
20210228_174301 (resized).jpg20210228_174301 (resized).jpg

#8298 3 years ago

Keep pushing forward with this Shadow. Playfield and battlefield have been sanded and final buffed.

20210308_193514 (resized).jpg20210308_193514 (resized).jpg20210308_195342 (resized).jpg20210308_195342 (resized).jpg20210308_195354 (resized).jpg20210308_195354 (resized).jpg
#8299 3 years ago
Quoted from epeabs:

Keep pushing forward with this Shadow. Playfield and battlefield have been sanded and final buffed.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Dang my old original play-field for a addam's family. Shoulda restored it.

#8300 3 years ago

Got my first machine last week and still dialing it in. Going to do a flipper rebuild over the next few days.

Just wondering what angle/how steep should the flippers be when activated? Compared to modern stern's I'm having trouble cradling the ball (and is there a big difference between WPC and a modern stern in flipper angles/stroke length).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

5,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Thornton, CO
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

5,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tucson, AZ
There are 10,927 posts in this topic. You are on page 166 of 219.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-club/page/166?hl=tinyblackdog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.