Topic Stats

• 8,272 posts
  • 631 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Chitownpinball
  • Topic is favorited by 222 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,299 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Shadow (resized).jpg
0E7B5B18-141B-4C00-BD62-795FCFF7AE87 (resized).jpeg
C972A673-B452-4518-8991-4F78035D0EDD (resized).jpeg
TS backboard - new (resized).JPG
TS backboard - old (resized).JPG
20210220_221907 (resized).jpg
6BFEADEC-08C3-49C4-B10A-DB38D2552420 (resized).jpeg
C672D9F4-5273-41E8-9037-090FC114A6A4 (resized).jpeg
TS MiniPF bracket 2 (resized).jpg
TS MiniPF bracket 1 (resized).jpg
01E8B613-EC84-4483-BBCE-B4BDE167ADA4 (resized).jpeg
A0A9D4D6-CFD3-4E86-880E-B083E65B90E8 (resized).jpeg
FFF48BFD-C368-4DF5-9449-670585E119B3 (resized).jpeg
CD096C6B-1973-4A9C-9F04-F024B55FB4FC (resized).jpeg
F25D6CBA-BE22-48DF-A281-96E267CCB7A8 (resized).jpeg
9CCE52D8-C649-4A49-A04C-32B30788509C (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8272 posts in this topic. You are on page 166 of 166.
#8251 4 days ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Wow!! I think the value of any Shadow pin with aurich signature artwork has just hit a new high

Are they not being made anymore?

#8252 4 days ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Are they not being made anymore?

Well aurich announced around 9 months ago that the printer he uses was selling off the printers used to print the translites and he made a "last call", however as of a couple months ago the printer has kept 2 of these printers so Aurich is again collecting names for another run.

If anyone wants to jump on board for a new translite and speaker plastic - here is Aurich's thread https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aurich-s-shadow-translite-final-run-last-call/page/5#post-6044749

#8253 3 days ago
Quoted from jedimastermatt:

Presenting my Pinsound Shadow orchestration. This one took a long time to come together with many starts ands stops on the project. The one nice thing about the pandemic has been forcing me to get projects done that I've left lingering.
Every sound file has been either replaced with source audio, new high resolution cues, or for the custom pinball related call outs - some digital cleanup to remove as much noise and distortion as possible.
Of all the mixes I've done, this is the one I'm most proud about how it turned out due to the effort involved.
I decided to tap into the film's origin story for the Shadow in Mongolia/Tibet and use a lot of prayer bells, gongs, and even some throat singing to go along with the call outs that I replaced from the film. Those with a good ear may notice a certain archeology professor's film series being used for some of the gunfire and punches as I think no series has ever done those sound effects better.
I've always been a big fan of the soundtrack with the synth and drums combined with the orchestra. It's one of Goldsmith's underrated scores.
This is a big file and requires a very fast USB flash drive with good read speeds to eliminate any audio delays. Included in the download is a boot.wav so your game as a proper greeting message when it starts up.
https://www.pinsound-community.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/347-the-shadow-ultimate-orchestration-music-and-sfx/
*This is awaiting approval from Pinsound and should be available shortly.

*Please excuse the horrible video quality and play while this was recording. The "clown puke" look for this doesn't appear this way in person. Digital camera sensors almost always oversaturate blue.

It looks like the file is approved and is now available. Enjoy!

https://www.pinsound-community.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/347-the-shadow-ultimate-orchestration-music-and-sfx/

#8254 3 days ago

Switched out my backboard decal and modified the lighting,made a little decal extending the cityscape to the blue plastic plate below the battlefield,might try an art deco battlefield theme as well

20210220_221907 (resized).jpg
#8255 3 days ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

Switched out my backboard decal and modified the lighting,made a little decal extending the cityscape to the blue plastic plate below the battlefield,might try an art deco battlefield theme as well
[quoted image]

Do you have a pic of the decal you had there before?

#8256 3 days ago
Quoted from Stebel:

Do you have a pic of the decal you had there before?

if you look back maybe three pages you can see it in some of my prior posts . it was the one with a cityscape with purple and blue colors and a moon, the buildings were more like modern buildings though .

#8257 3 days ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

if you look back maybe three pages you can see it in some of my prior posts . it was the one with a cityscape with purple and blue colors and a moon, the buildings were more like modern buildings though .

old vs new - matches the theme much better and looks great

TS backboard - old (resized).JPG TS backboard - new (resized).JPG

#8258 3 days ago
Quoted from Manny65:

old vs new - matches the theme much better and looks great
[quoted image] [quoted image]

Thank you!

#8259 3 days ago

Does anyone close to my area (Langhorne, PA) need original ramps for a players Shadow? My game had the Mantis replacement ramps installed when I purchased it but the originals were given to me as well. Right ramp looks fine. Left ramp was spot welded to repair and seems solid...could use some sanding I guess but not sure if that’d compromise the integrity or not.

0E7B5B18-141B-4C00-BD62-795FCFF7AE87 (resized).jpegC972A673-B452-4518-8991-4F78035D0EDD (resized).jpeg
#8260 2 days ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

And I found another crack in the bracket. I’m surprised it’s played this long!

That entire part on mine broke off years ago. Amazingly, the game plays just fine without it ...

Shadow (resized).jpg
#8261 2 days ago

My game is missing one of the thumbscrews that secures the mini-playfield. Does anyone have one of these lying around, or know where I might be able to buy a replacement?

#8262 2 days ago
Quoted from gweempose:

That entire part on mine broke off years ago. Amazingly, the game plays just fine without it ...[quoted image]

mine had the usual corner break when i bought it but worked fine .

as far as i can tell from the original design the rolled edge of the bracket allows the shaft of the the gear to rotate along it and keeps the gear really tight to the teeth of the rack , so with a broken bracket without the shaft contacting the rolled edge it is just the weight of the whole mechanism that keeps the gear from chattering along the rack, it seems like the weight is just enough.

the original design is a damn tight fit( particularly if the set screw or roll pin are not flush) and it seems like it can be too much friction for the motor to turn the gear , i fixed my old bracket with jb weld and using that one or the mantis bracket (with some filing of the rolled edge to even get the gear to fit in the bracket ) my motor would not turn the gear or it would run out of steam after a pass or two back and forth. maybe the motor loses power as it ages as it or the power board does not supply enough voltage to drive the tight setup? would checking the voltages at the motor or power board confirm this theory?

at any rate mine is working really smooth with the mantis bracket filed to allow a " loose" setup.

#8263 2 days ago

on a related note anyone have a picture of the inside of the gearbox?

#8264 2 days ago
Quoted from gweempose:

My game is missing one of the thumbscrews that secures the mini-playfield. Does anyone have one of these lying around, or know where I might be able to buy a replacement?

Missing one of? It only uses one (on the left).

#8265 2 days ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Missing one of? It only uses one (on the left).

Oops! I lifted up the mini-playfield today to take the photo and I just glanced really quickly and it looked like there was a hole on the other side.

#8266 2 days ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Oops! I lifted up the mini-playfield today to take the photo and I just glanced really quickly and it looked like there was a hole on the other side.

I thought the same thing when I first got my shadow.

#8267 2 days ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

I thought the same thing when I first got my shadow.

Yeah, but I've had mine for like eight years, so what's my excuse?

#8268 2 days ago
Quoted from SNES:

I just installed the grumpy Battlefield mod and I have to say, it is awesome! I’m super pumped as I like to play in the dark and it was so hard to see up there. This is a perfect solution.
I also want to say, Grumpy really helped me through my lighting issue as well. Went above and beyond to help. Stand up guy all around!

Is this mod still available?

#8269 2 days ago
Quoted from beefzap:

grumpy will make you one if you ask nicely

#8270 2 days ago
Quoted from beefzap:

I can still make one for you if you like.

#8271 2 days ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Hmm!

#8272 2 days ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 50.00
Boards
PCB Emporium
$ 99.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
There are 8272 posts in this topic. You are on page 166 of 166.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside