IMG_0517 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0701 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0513 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1404 (resized).JPEG
IMG_1405 (resized).JPEG
IMG_7706 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,927 posts in this topic. You are on page 165 of 219.
#8201 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

I am looking for someone in this club to take pictures of my Lenticular cards installed, in exchange for a free set. The first one to post to this thread with interest (and I haven't sent you cards before for the same offer- gotta spread the love) will get them.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1289-youbentmywookie/04836-the-shadow-lenticular-apron-cards
[quoted image]

If you are interested in other cards I make, my playground is over here-
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lenticular-apron-cards
Thanks!

Damn. I had looked to see if you had Shadow cards and didn't see them. Now, I'm too late to the party for the freebie. But I will need to buy a set. They look great.

#8202 3 years ago

I had ordered a set of Reese Rails for my Shadow in blue that arrived today. I've always loved the blue on the playfield. You don't see a lot of the rails on Shadow, but hopefully they will accent nicely. And if nothing else, they are much more rigid than the stock rails.

20210216_204946 (resized).jpg20210216_204946 (resized).jpg20210216_210514 (resized).jpg20210216_210514 (resized).jpg
#8203 3 years ago
Quoted from epeabs:

I had ordered a set of Reese Rails for my Shadow in blue that arrived today. I've always loved the blue on the playfield. You don't see a lot of the rails on Shadow, but hopefully they will accent nicely. And if nothing else, they are much more rigid than the stock rails.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Nice!!! You'll have to post some pics with them installed

#8204 3 years ago

Just finished my first pf swap, fresh cleared upper and lower pfields, all custom midnight blue with metallic powder coating. Super stoked to get playing it once I get it dialed in.

20E937F1-59E0-49EB-8365-2358D57AC164 (resized).jpeg20E937F1-59E0-49EB-8365-2358D57AC164 (resized).jpeg9700A848-E035-4D64-8AD1-356E63126D76 (resized).jpeg9700A848-E035-4D64-8AD1-356E63126D76 (resized).jpeg
#8205 3 years ago

Looks great. Any closeups of the playfield and powdercoat?

#8206 3 years ago

I love that Apron! Where did you source that?

#8207 3 years ago
Quoted from epeabs:

Looks great. Any closeups of the playfield and powdercoat?

Pics dont do it justice...

48CD6C3E-7F10-4E88-9BE3-B903B12E2FB3 (resized).jpeg48CD6C3E-7F10-4E88-9BE3-B903B12E2FB3 (resized).jpegB77EBD21-38FD-41A0-9BE1-8205DAA2AACE (resized).jpegB77EBD21-38FD-41A0-9BE1-8205DAA2AACE (resized).jpegCD682730-9C02-4B66-88DE-B94BE795B6F3 (resized).jpegCD682730-9C02-4B66-88DE-B94BE795B6F3 (resized).jpeg
#8208 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I love that Apron! Where did you source that?

Thx, a guy in northern Canada does them. ill see if I can find him, he’s on pinside

#8209 3 years ago

Beautiful Shadow.

#8210 3 years ago

My center drop target is not working, but I'm not sure why. Everything works in test.

I get the error msg: ER. BAT. DROP BAD CHK. SWITCH/COIL

In game, the drop never gets reset to the up position.

However, in switch test mode, Switch #55 (battlefield drop down) works when target is lowered. And in solenoid test, both single drop up and single drop down work. Not sure what else to try since everything appears to work in test.

#8211 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

My center drop target is not working, but I'm not sure why. Everything works in test.
However, in switch test mode, Switch #55 (battlefield drop down) works when target is lowered. And in solenoid test, both single drop up and single drop down work. Not sure what else to try since everything appears to work in test.

Post a pic of you drop target switch and mech - do you have the guide actuator installed?

#8212 3 years ago
Quoted from misfitdart:

Thx, a guy in northern Canada does them. ill see if I can find him, he’s on pinside

If you could that would be brilliant thank you!

#8215 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I would try changing the switch. Might work in a test, but when the machine is in use, vibrating from coils firing, the switch might not work correctly.

#8216 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Post a pic of you drop target switch and mech - do you have the guide actuator installed?

Quoted from yellowghost:

I would try changing the switch. Might work in a test, but when the machine is in use, vibrating from coils firing, the switch might not work correctly.

Thanks guys, I got it working. The drop wasn't *staying* up so the machine still thought it was broken. I took it apart and cleaned up the target, washers, etc and then used a pliers to crimp the C-clip back on. It's working for the moment. That mid-target lug (the one with the spring) really doesn't have much of a groove for that C-clip. The groove is MUCH more pronounced on the bottom lug and the clip stays in easily. There's barely any groove on the top lug, which is why I had trouble getting the clip to stay in place. Hopefully it stays put for a while now.

#8217 3 years ago

Does anyone know where to get the stainless steel battlefield shroud? Looks like Twister is out of stock and doesn’t look to be producing them anymore. I heard someone here in the states can make them. Any help is appreciated! Here’s a pic of what I’m looking for:

3C25EEBF-B315-4268-8A1C-380A540F80DA (resized).jpeg3C25EEBF-B315-4268-8A1C-380A540F80DA (resized).jpeg
#8218 3 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Does anyone know where to get the stainless steel battlefield shroud? Looks like Twister is out of stock and doesn’t look to be producing them anymore. I heard someone here in the states can make them. Any help is appreciated! Here’s a pic of what I’m looking for:
[quoted image]

[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com

#8219 3 years ago
Quoted from misfitdart:

Just finished my first pf swap, fresh cleared upper and lower pfields, all custom midnight blue with metallic powder coating. Super stoked to get playing it once I get it dialed in.
[quoted image][quoted image]

looks really good , the backboard decal from jonesb would be a perfect color scheme complement to the powder coating

#8220 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

looks really good , the backboard decal from jonesb would be a perfect color scheme complement to the powder coating

Thx, thats one area I’m not pleased with, ill check it out.

#8221 3 years ago

My wall target broke. I remember reading some years ago that the various replacement options sucked -- brittle plastic. Is this still an issue? Is it pretty safe to just order one from Marco?

Mine may be repairable as the crack is at the very bottom of the vertical slot, but if the replacements are sound I'll get one to put in while I fix the original.

#8222 3 years ago
Quoted from horseflesh:

My wall target broke. I remember reading some years ago that the various replacement options sucked -- brittle plastic. Is this still an issue? Is it pretty safe to just order one from Marco?
Mine may be repairable as the crack is at the very bottom of the vertical slot, but if the replacements are sound I'll get one to put in while I fix the original.

I haven't heard of anyone in recent years having any issues with replacements

#8223 3 years ago

Super, thanks Manny65 !

#8224 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

If you aren’t able to locate one, I can put you on the list. I’m planning a reprinting of my decal.

Add me to your list too, please! I don't have a Shadow yet but hoping to in the near future. I already have a Aurich translite patiently waiting. If anyone knows of a Shadow for sale PM me!

#8225 3 years ago

Does anyone have a solution to light the battlefield when the ball is ready to go up there and turn off when it leaves?

#8226 3 years ago
Quoted from misfitdart:

Thx, thats one area I’m not pleased with, ill check it out.

ha! trick response from me as he is currently out of stock but let him know you are interested in getting one

#8227 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Does anyone have a solution to light the battlefield when the ball is ready to go up there and turn off when it leaves?

grumpy had a mod for this

#8229 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I just added purple strips under my diverters too, lights up the whole ramp
I would suggest some post leds will light up your lower playfield a bit more. I went with white under light blue star posts
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I love the ambition here and process documentation. Being that I'm no longer a huge fan of auxiliary or over the top Led lighting. you might be surprised by the results of trying to emulate the natural lighting of the game with some nice comet warms (clears, sometimes frosted if too hot or pining the eye wrong). Playfield art is so gorgeous and considered from a compositional and color stand point, to transmit color info over the original pf or plastics colors; kind of defeats the purpose. Anyway, looking forward to seeing the results on this. I'll stay tuned and have said my piece.

#8230 3 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

I love the ambition here and process documentation. Being that I'm no longer a huge fan of auxiliary or over the top Led lighting. you might be surprised by the results of trying to emulate the natural lighting of the game with some nice comet warms (clears, sometimes frosted if too hot or pining the eye wrong). Playfield art is so gorgeous and considered from a compositional and color stand point, to transmit color info over the original pf or plastics colors; kind of defeats the purpose. Anyway, looking forward to seeing the results on this. I'll stay tuned and have said my piece.

I have to say I'm not a fan of warm white, use cool white GI in all my games though I did put a little orange in the brick wall section of this game. I'm not sure why I like the cool white better, I just do

#8231 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I have to say I'm not a fan of warm white, use cool white GI in all my games though I did put a little orange in the brick wall section of this game. I'm not sure why I like the cool white better, I just do

Cool white works if you are wanting to make the pin look modern noir. Use warm white if you want to go with an golden era Art Deco look. I go warm.

#8232 3 years ago

I’m all warm white too unless the game was designed to have cool white. In that case I do nothing. Haha.

#8233 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Cool white works if you are wanting to make the pin look modern noir. Use warm white if you want to go with an golden era Art Deco look. I go warm.

Yup, since I cant make up my mind, almost every game has sunlight.

#8234 3 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Yup, since I cant make up my mind, almost every game has sunlight.

I was about to say, sunlight is a nice in-between!

#8235 3 years ago

I was personally struggling with lighting color choice on my Shadow so I installed sunlight on the left half of the GI and white/yellow/orange colored inserts, and warm white on the right half. Warm white won out easily for both myself and my wife (who has much better eye for color than I do). To me it really depends on the game. My Jurassic Park Premium came with factory warm whites and I changed those out to sunlight - I thought it suited it better.

I’ve gone with Comet 2SMD frosted pretty much everywhere on Shadow.

#8236 3 years ago

Blech...I hate warm white. I personally can't stand the way incandescent looks, so I always replace them with cool white.

#8237 3 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

3 sets. Yours, a Dark Walnut, and the inlay, I kept for myself.

Hi Art, please remind me (I'm trying to do a stain match to the gun grips)... Do you recall the stain for the reddish grip I have (not dark walnut)?

#8238 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Hi Art, please remind me (I'm trying to do a stain match to the gun grips)... Do you recall the stain for the reddish grip I have (not dark walnut)?

To my knowledge, there is no stain on the red heartwood. Just Bees Wax rubbed on and heated with a Hair dryer.

You can try matching this up to a stain board at store, but it also depends on the wood, for the end result.

My Son is also testing a Plug and Play Mod that is an easy solution for the battlefield, and other games/areas
that can benefit from Light, when a Ball is present. Protos should arrive in 60-90 days, then testing before any production.
If they work as expected, it will be an affordable solution for everyone..... His first attempt!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#8239 3 years ago

jonesjb please add me to the decal list as well, may already be on it but can't remember. Thanks

#8240 3 years ago

Presenting my Pinsound Shadow orchestration. This one took a long time to come together with many starts ands stops on the project. The one nice thing about the pandemic has been forcing me to get projects done that I've left lingering.

Every sound file has been either replaced with source audio, new high resolution cues, or for the custom pinball related call outs - some digital cleanup to remove as much noise and distortion as possible.

Of all the mixes I've done, this is the one I'm most proud about how it turned out due to the effort involved.

I decided to tap into the film's origin story for the Shadow in Mongolia/Tibet and use a lot of prayer bells, gongs, and even some throat singing to go along with the call outs that I replaced from the film. Those with a good ear may notice a certain archeology professor's film series being used for some of the gunfire and punches as I think no series has ever done those sound effects better.

I've always been a big fan of the soundtrack with the synth and drums combined with the orchestra. It's one of Goldsmith's underrated scores.

This is a big file and requires a very fast USB flash drive with good read speeds to eliminate any audio delays. Included in the download is a boot.wav so your game as a proper greeting message when it starts up.

https://www.pinsound-community.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/347-the-shadow-ultimate-orchestration-music-and-sfx/
*This is awaiting approval from Pinsound and should be available shortly.

*Please excuse the horrible video quality and play while this was recording. The "clown puke" look for this doesn't appear this way in person. Digital camera sensors almost always oversaturate blue.

#8241 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

I wonder if putting something like a delrin or similar bushing with a semi tight tolerance to the diverter shaft in the hole in the ramp or hole in the play field to stabilize the diverter might help

I used a thick washer screwed under the playfield. See post here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-club/page/76#post-3734248

cf7e00189c8432b1a0a44047a786538bbce0c0e5 (resized).jpgcf7e00189c8432b1a0a44047a786538bbce0c0e5 (resized).jpg
#8242 3 years ago
Quoted from jedimastermatt:

Presenting my Pinsound Shadow orchestration. This one took a long time to come together with many starts ands stops on the project. The one nice thing about the pandemic has been forcing me to get projects done that I've left lingering.
Every sound file has been either replaced with source audio, new high resolution cues, or for the custom pinball related call outs - some digital cleanup to remove as much noise and distortion as possible.
Of all the mixes I've done, this is the one I'm most proud about how it turned out due to the effort involved.
I decided to tap into the film's origin story for the Shadow in Mongolia/Tibet and use a lot of prayer bells, gongs, and even some throat singing to go along with the call outs that I replaced from the film. Those with a good ear may notice a certain archeology professor's film series being used for some of the gunfire and punches as I think no series has ever done those sound effects better.
I've always been a big fan of the soundtrack with the synth and drums combined with the orchestra. It's one of Goldsmith's underrated scores.
This is a big file and requires a very fast USB flash drive with good read speeds to eliminate any audio delays. Included in the download is a boot.wav so your game as a proper greeting message when it starts up.
https://www.pinsound-community.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/347-the-shadow-ultimate-orchestration-music-and-sfx/
*This is awaiting approval from Pinsound and should be available shortly.

*Please excuse the horrible video quality and play while this was recording. The "clown puke" look for this doesn't appear this way in person. Digital camera sensors almost always oversaturate blue.

looking forward to installing it..

#8243 3 years ago

I found an issue on the paddle in the battlefield...the coil stop bracket has two screws with a nut on them. One of the screws is snapped off and bolt missing. I can’t find them inside the game, so this appears to be a long standing issue that presented itself with these symptoms:

1) Ball not kicking up into battlefield when it’s in the entrance saucer.

2) Loose paddle

3) Paddle coil is “frozen” to where the paddle is between the two optos.

Before I go tearing it all completely apart, has this happened to anyone before?

Is the screw that snapped off replaceable, or is it welded to the whole bracket piece?
9CCE52D8-C649-4A49-A04C-32B30788509C (resized).jpeg9CCE52D8-C649-4A49-A04C-32B30788509C (resized).jpeg844E1295-5F50-4784-BC1E-3231E5418920 (resized).jpeg844E1295-5F50-4784-BC1E-3231E5418920 (resized).jpegF25D6CBA-BE22-48DF-A281-96E267CCB7A8 (resized).jpegF25D6CBA-BE22-48DF-A281-96E267CCB7A8 (resized).jpeg

#8244 3 years ago

I found an issue on the paddle in the battlefield...the coil stop bracket has two screws with a nut on them. One of the screws is snapped off and bolt missing. I can’t find them inside the game, so this appears to be a long standing issue that presented itself with these symptoms:
1) Ball not kicking up into battlefield when it’s in the entrance saucer.
2) Loose paddle
3) Paddle coils is “frozen” to where the paddle is between the two optos.
Before I go tearing it all completely apart, has this happened to anyone before?
Is the screw that snapped of replaceable, or is it welded to the whole bracket piece?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Yep I've had this on mine, although I've not seen many posts showing this issue. The bolt is part of the bracket but you could possibly drill it out and replace; alternatively Mantis has recently started making a replacement bracket. I did see someone post recently saying there was an issue with the new one (clearance for the pinion) so you'd want to ensure that has been addressed

#8245 3 years ago

Here are a few more pics...the screws that the nuts attach to appear welded or tacked into place. The yellow circle is where the screw mounts on the back.

Also...the other screw next to it is “loose”...it wiggles a little bit but the flat part underneath doesn’t wiggle..so I think it’s safe to assume that it is also cracked and will fail at some point too

CD096C6B-1973-4A9C-9F04-F024B55FB4FC (resized).jpegCD096C6B-1973-4A9C-9F04-F024B55FB4FC (resized).jpegFFF48BFD-C368-4DF5-9449-670585E119B3 (resized).jpegFFF48BFD-C368-4DF5-9449-670585E119B3 (resized).jpegA0A9D4D6-CFD3-4E86-880E-B083E65B90E8 (resized).jpegA0A9D4D6-CFD3-4E86-880E-B083E65B90E8 (resized).jpeg

#8246 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Yep I've had this on mine, although I've not seen many posts showing this issue. The bolt is part of the bracket but you could possibly drill it out and replace; alternatively Mantis has recently started making a replacement bracket. I did see someone post recently saying there was an issue with the new one (clearance for the pinion) so you'd want to ensure that has been addressed

Drilling will be hard because the little bracket on the underside overlaps those two screws, and the little bracket is not removeable, like it’s welded somehow as part of the overall bracket.

Thanks for the heads up on mantis. I don’t see any screws on the backside of it. Maybe bad angle of the photo?

01E8B613-EC84-4483-BBCE-B4BDE167ADA4 (resized).jpeg01E8B613-EC84-4483-BBCE-B4BDE167ADA4 (resized).jpeg
#8247 3 years ago

Drilling will be hard because the little bracket on the underside overlaps those two screws, and the little bracket is not removeable, like it’s welded somehow as part of the overall bracket.
Thanks for the heads up...I’ll try mantis. Until then, the shadow sits idle.

Btw you're missing a brass bushing

TS MiniPF bracket 1 (resized).jpgTS MiniPF bracket 1 (resized).jpgTS MiniPF bracket 2 (resized).jpgTS MiniPF bracket 2 (resized).jpg
#8248 3 years ago

Good catch! It was floating and came off with the metal rod when I pull it apart

And I found another crack in the bracket. I’m surprised it’s played this long!

C672D9F4-5273-41E8-9037-090FC114A6A4 (resized).jpegC672D9F4-5273-41E8-9037-090FC114A6A4 (resized).jpeg

6BFEADEC-08C3-49C4-B10A-DB38D2552420 (resized).jpeg6BFEADEC-08C3-49C4-B10A-DB38D2552420 (resized).jpeg
#8250 3 years ago

Wow!! I think the value of any Shadow pin with Aurich signature artwork has just hit a new high

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Aurora, IL
€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

7,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hamilton, ON
€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

5,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tucson, AZ
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,927 posts in this topic. You are on page 165 of 219.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-club/page/165 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.