IMG_7706 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7705 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0617 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0618 (resized).jpeg
shadow-repairdone (resized).jpg
IMG_4396 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,922 posts in this topic. You are on page 154 of 219.
#7651 3 years ago

I also installed my new shroud. It looks great but the thickness of the metal is causing a slight fit problem. The lower arrow is the top slide bolt. It makes contact on both sides. The old plastic one was thin enough to slip past the bolt while the new metal one can’t. The upper arrow is the gap caused by the fit issue. To resolve the problem I’m swapping out the screws that hold the front of the shroud on with longer ones (3/4” should do the trick). I’m also adding a spacer on both sides to suck up that gap. As is, the factory screws barely make contact. Is anybody else having the same issue?
20201016_104035(0) (resized).jpg20201016_104035(0) (resized).jpg20201019_105459 (resized).jpg20201019_105459 (resized).jpg

#7652 3 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

I also installed my new shroud. It looks great but the thickness of the metal is causing a slight fit problem. The lower arrow is the top slide bolt. It makes contact on both sides. The old plastic one was thin enough to slip past the bolt while the new metal one can’t. The upper arrow is the gap caused by the fit issue. To resolve the problem I’m swapping out the screws that hold the front of the shroud on with longer ones (3/4” should do the trick). I’m also adding a spacer on both sides to suck up that gap. As is, the factory screws barely make contact. Is anybody else having the same issue?
[quoted image][quoted image]

I'm curious if anyone else has seen this too, no one else has made any mention of any of this. Anyone?

#7653 3 years ago

Yes the factory screws were not long enough so I also had to use a longer ones to get it started

#7654 3 years ago

The Shadow is one of my favorite games, so I was excited to do our Hologram topper for this game. You cannot experience a hologram in a 2D video, and the holograms look 10 times better in person then on video. The hologram comes with about 20 videos, and you can choose which ones you want on the hologram.

The set has additional rings, mongols, city scapes, another car , puebla and character.

Each video section is about 30 seconds, this video has:
1. Ring
2. Puebla
3. Shadow with taxi
4. Mongol
5. City Scape
6. Title
7. Dragon
8. Shadow figure

This will be available here and on our website in a few days.

#7655 3 years ago
Quoted from Litedpinballmods:

The Shadow is one of my favorite games, so I was excited to do our Hologram topper for this game. You cannot experience a hologram in a 2D video, and the holograms look 10 times better in person then on video. The hologram comes with about 20 videos, and you can choose which ones you want on the hologram.
The set has additional rings, mongols, city scapes, another car , puebla and character.
Each video section is about 30 seconds, this video has:
1. Ring
2. Puebla
3. Shadow with taxi
4. Mongol
5. City Scape
6. Title
7. Dragon
8. Shadow figure
This will be available here and on our website in a few days.

What is this witchcraft?! Looks impressive!

#7656 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

What is this witchcraft?! Looks impressive!

Thank you. We have this for about 20 different games, and are working to get about another 20 titles done in the next 45 days. We showed these off at the Chicago Expo last year, and won an award for best new mod for 2019.

They do an excellent good of giving you a 3D effect as a topper. It runs off of microSD card and can hold up to 50 videos. If you want just want one video to repeat, it will do that seamlessly, if you have multiple videos on it it will play through that playlist, and then repeat. It is a bit under 18 inches and fits on a game with a standard 8 foot ceiling. We will also sell the video sets to other games for, so if you get it for this game, and later want to put this on another game that is not a problem. It can install on any game, and will turn on and off with that game.

I have been wanting to do this for The Shadow for a while, but it took me some time to get the ring and the Phurba. I felt without those 2 it would not be a complete set.

#7657 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

In case anyone was on the fence on buying a sonic MRS switch. Do it.
I just installed mine and makes the game so much better... More than it has any right to. I didn't have problems with the ball getting stuck (as I previously had an extended switch), however getting a successful shot to register was such a crap shoot. When you have flow, are accurate and the ball was flying, it would often not trigger the switch due to speed.
Now with this MWS switch, it works flawlessly. It's so much better to hit a shot and everything works... Much better than having to check if it registered, and feeling relief if it did. No idea how long these will be available, but if you can get one, I strongly recommend.

Honestly think that was the last issue I had with this game, no matter what I did there was no rectifying the situation. Either you install a switch that's to long and it gets stuck or to short and it doesn't register all the time... There was no middle ground. I installed mine like a month ago and it works great, registers every time. Thanks M&M for coming up with this solution!

#7658 3 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

Honestly think that was the last issue I had with this game, no matter what I did there was no rectifying the situation. Either you install a switch that's to long and it gets stuck or to short and it doesn't register all the time... There was no middle ground. I installed mine like a month ago and it works great, registers every time. Thanks M&M for coming up with this solution!

No problem - we're here to help! Since our Shadow switch - we've already resolved an issue for Rob Zombie owners (upper playfield rollovers) and just last night built our first MRS for Mustang (we didn't know it had a bowl).....

Matt

#7659 3 years ago

A friend of mine re-engineered the pluger kicker arm. According to him every owner of a "the Shadow" knows this problem all too well and apparently it is not available for purchase anywhere. He made spares.

The square piece in increased in thickness from 6.2mm to 7mm.
The whole part is Zink-coated.

Price is EUR 25 plus EUR 5 for shipping to USA.
He has 20 pieces left.

Please contact him at [email protected]
20201015_131959 (resized).jpg20201015_131959 (resized).jpg20201015_132059 (resized).jpg20201015_132059 (resized).jpg20201015_132252 (resized).jpg20201015_132252 (resized).jpg20201015_140311 (resized).jpg20201015_140311 (resized).jpg

Added over 3 years ago:

Wow, this was fast - SOLD OUT

#7660 3 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

If you can find at least 10 buyers, I'll ask him to make it. Shouldn't be an issue if there are enough that want it.

I'll grab one, that part was broken on my shadow when I bought it. Luckily at the time of my restore that Australian pinball parts company had a spare. but I know they break, so it can't hurt to have another.

#7661 3 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

I'll grab one, that part was broken on my shadow when I bought it. Luckily at the time of my restore that Australian pinball parts company had a spare. but I know they break, so it can't hurt to have another.

I would be in for one as well. Lmk

#7662 3 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

If you can find at least 10 buyers, I'll ask him to make it. Shouldn't be an issue if there are enough that want it.

I’m in for one. Lmk

#7663 3 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

I'll jump in and get one of it helps. Cant hurt to have a spare for an unobtanium part.

#7664 3 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

I'm in, unobtainium is more and more a word we use, unfortunately..

#7665 3 years ago

@sprudeldudel I am in for one as well. Thank you for posting. Let me know how to move forward.

#7666 3 years ago
Quoted from Elicash:

sprudeldudel I am in for one as well. Thank you for posting. Let me know how to move forward.

He left the email of the person to contact.

#7667 3 years ago

Email sent

#7668 3 years ago

Who are we contacting for these ? I can’t seem to find the info. Thanks !
Nevermind. Got it !

#7669 3 years ago

Hey Shadow owners - How many of us are playing with a stress cracked one of these (the Shadow mini playfield kicker guide)? Mine is broken on the thin side but the games still plays flawlessly. I have a spare that I paid a premium for but haven’t installed it since I’m not having issues. The part is very unobtainable now. Anybody have a fix for this?
[quoted image]

If you come across someone who is willing to make these I would be in for one. Lmk !

#7670 3 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

Done. Mantis will have a replacement ready for purchase in the coming weeks.

I will take two !! Lol!!! Please contact me when they’re finished. Thank you !

#7671 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

I personally love the Tilt cityscape blades on my Shadow. It really adds to the feel of the game for me. Very consistent with the art and theme. Especially if you have the matching decal for the back of the cab. It’s true some pins have little room on the sides to accommodate blades without damaging them when raising/lowering the playfield. I do have the plastic removable protectors which work well. My Junkyard is so tight that I almost couldn’t physically fit the blade on the left side. It can be tricky. I’ve destroyed 3-4 sets of blades by catching the playfield on them. It’s a quick $85 down the terlet.

Can you still buy the plastic removable protectors? Thanks.

#7673 3 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

A little bit of a teaser, but on M&M Creations whiteboard we had a solution for a Shadow to explore. Finally a couple a weeks ago - someone came forward asking for a solution via an MRS to the infamous left ramp/diverted to the right switch register issue. Well, it took a lot of R&D, but we think we nailed it and it's out for beta testing with wmsfan if all is good - we'll begin offering the solution next week. I've included some pics of the long-lever solution most folks employ and some pics of our solution installed and by itself for visualization.
Thanks!
Matt
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Have received and fitted this in the U.K.
Great little product that works well.
Thanks a lot Matt

IMG_20201025_091618927 (resized).jpgIMG_20201025_091618927 (resized).jpgIMG_20201025_091624793 (resized).jpgIMG_20201025_091624793 (resized).jpg

#7674 3 years ago

Pinball MIX can now make you a custom mix for your Shadow! You will need a Pinsound board if you don't already have one. Inquire for more details. It could be a mix of your favorite music, a music theme of some form, or even a tribute to your favorite band/artist ... like this:

#7675 3 years ago
Quoted from bartron:

Have received and fitted this in the U.K.
Great little product that works well.
Thanks a lot Matt
[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks Stan! We like creating these as mods (like Creech, Transporter, Mustang, Diner, etc...) but since both of us are engineers - we love fixing oversights....so some of our switches were created for that purpose - like Shadow & Rob Zombie....

Matt & Dan
M&M Creations

#7676 3 years ago

Currently doing a restoration on a Shadow that came into the shop. Bought a set of CPR plastics. Got to the bottom of the entire pile and have this one left, and have no idea of where it goes? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! Thank you
It is a clear plastic. Holes drilled in it are to far away from the edge for angle clips

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#7677 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballMIX:

Pinball MIX can now make you a custom mix for your Shadow! You will need a Pinsound board if you don't already have one. Inquire for more details. It could be a mix of your favorite music, a music theme of some form, or even a tribute to your favorite band/artist ... like this:

I think the audio in Shadow is stellar. Would be interesting to see the voices replaced with clips from the old time radio show.

#7678 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I think the audio in Shadow is stellar. Would be interesting to see the voices replaced with clips from the old time radio show.

Cool idea on the radio show, unfortunately I am not doing full callout replacements at the moment. I agree, the original music is great in Shadow. My service is for anyone who wants to refresh the game. The Van Halen Shadow Mix is simply a demo. I’ve also done a full Jazz/Blues/Swing mix for Shadow. That might be more of what you are thinking. Clients send the music they want mixed in. I just make it as tight and immersive as I can. Smooth cuts, tight loops, non jarring transitions, balanced levels. That kind of thing.

#7679 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballOrphanage:

Currently doing a restoration on a Shadow that came into the shop. Bought a set of CPR plastics. Got to the bottom of the entire pile and have this one left, and have no idea of where it goes? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! Thank you
It is a clear plastic. Holes drilled in it are to far away from the edge for angle clips
[quoted image]

I think that's the one that goes under the mini playfield. Don't use it unless your old one is missing or broken. The OEM one has a bend in it that's hard to do with the CPR plastic.

#7680 3 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

Thanks Stan! We like creating these as mods (like Creech, Transporter, Mustang, Diner, etc...) but since both of us are engineers - we love fixing oversights....so some of our switches were created for that purpose - like Shadow & Rob Zombie....
Matt & Dan
M&M Creations

Off topic - but have you considered making one for the Taxi skill shot? That seems to be a common issue where the switch itself slows the ball enough to make several revolutions difficult. I believe it would be similar to the Diner cup? Although i dont have a Diner.

#7681 3 years ago

I can’t believe how much it transforms the game from a playability point of view since swapping out the incandescents . Still kicks my ass but great to be able to see the ball all the time

3814678E-6C4A-49DD-979A-72897705B7EC (resized).jpeg3814678E-6C4A-49DD-979A-72897705B7EC (resized).jpeg401C98FD-1568-42F6-9928-618AE0B07A9F (resized).jpeg401C98FD-1568-42F6-9928-618AE0B07A9F (resized).jpeg

#7682 3 years ago
Quoted from Elicash:

Off topic - but have you considered making one for the Taxi skill shot? That seems to be a common issue where the switch itself slows the ball enough to make several revolutions difficult. I believe it would be similar to the Diner cup? Although i dont have a Diner.

Considered?! You bet - we already have one!!! .....Anything with a bowl - we've likely developed (getting ready to announce Mustang soon).....you can check out testimonial on the Taxi forum - I believe there are some folks that posted pics and such - but shoot me a PM - I can set you up! Further - we have MRS' for both the plastic ramps on Taxi as well - up at the top - you can see some pics of that on Taxi forum again....

Matt

#7683 3 years ago

Okay wow, cool. I am way behind in the Taxi thread, so I missed this! I will send a PM. Likely will buy for both Shadow and Taxi.

#7684 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Is there a place that has good quality audio for the radio show? It's public domain by now, isn't it?

#7685 3 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Is there a place that has good quality audio for the radio show? It's public domain by now, isn't it?

The Shadow knows...

#7686 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

The Shadow knows...

You can find some of the ones with Orson Welles here: https://archive.org/details/RkoOrsonWelles-TheShadow-RadioRecodings

And other recordings here: https://www.oldradioworld.com/shows/The_Shadow.php

Check out The Temple Bells of Neban, it's an episode somewhat reminiscent of the origin story seen in the movie.

#7687 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

You can find some of the ones with Orson Welles here: https://archive.org/details/RkoOrsonWelles-TheShadow-RadioRecodings
Check out The Temple Bells of Neban, it's an episode somewhat reminiscent of the origin story seen in the movie.

OK, now you made me look on ebay for lp's and of course there was a beautiful lot. Thanks for the inspiration! These are gonna be fun to listen to while we play!
ebay.com link: THE SHADOW Radio Broadcasts LP 2 3LP Boxed Sets Orson Welles EXCELLENT

Who is going to make a pin sound version with this guy as the voice actor?

I need to stay off the internet. You guys make me spend money.

#7688 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Dude....Pretty freak’n cool. Love listening to classic stuff like that. Nice find.

#7689 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Wow. Thanks for that trip back in time. The good old days when our imagination was more powerful than most of what we are fed today!

A real treat to listen to. Thanks.

#7690 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballMIX:

Wow. Thanks for that trip back in time. The good old days when our imagination was more powerful than most of what we are fed today!
A real treat to listen to. Thanks.

If you enjoy the Old Time Radio Shows, I also recommend the show ‘Suspense’ which features premier actors of yesteryear, including Humphrey Boghart, Agnes Moorehead, Kirk Douglas and Jimmy Stewart.

https://archive.org/details/OTRR_Suspense_Singles

There are so many great episodes. One of my favorite that comes to mind is “Pigeon in the Cage” about a worker who gets stuck in an elevator and overhears a murder.

https://www.oldtimeradiodownloads.com/thriller/suspense/pigeon-in-the-cage-1953-05-25

#7691 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

If you enjoy the Old Time Radio Shows, I also recommend the show ‘Suspense’ which features premier actors of yesteryear, including Humphrey Boghart, Agnes Moorehead, Kirk Douglas and Jimmy Stewart.

Another favorite radio mystery/detective series i love is Paul Temple. One of my favorites is "Paul Temple and the Alex Affair" but they are all charming and great serial mysteries.

https://oldradioprograms.us/Adventures%20Of%20Paul%20Temple.htm

#7692 3 years ago

So I have had my Shadow for a month or so and am starting to build my shopping list- LED's, Rubbers, and some other odds and ends.

Can anyone point me to a post (or comment) that shows trouble spots or areas where I should be looking to replace any parts while I am in there doing LED's and Rubbers?

TIA

#7693 3 years ago
Quoted from daveddd14:

So I have had my Shadow for a month or so and am starting to build my shopping list- LED's, Rubbers, and some other odds and ends.
Can anyone point me to a post (or comment) that shows trouble spots or areas where I should be looking to replace any parts while I am in there doing LED's and Rubbers?
TIA

Really depends how far you want to go
- flipper rebuild kits
- coil sleeves
- new balls
- do you have a credit dot (aka issue) that needs to be addressed
- any cracked plastics
- the wall drop target at the sanctum can be have some worn linkage parts but if you're not seeing issues then maybe not worth worrying about (again it just depends where you want to draw the line)

#7694 3 years ago
Quoted from dung:

And here I thought you were coming to visit me. Keep your lies straight, last time I am responding to you. Ignored.
On a lighter note, someone offered me some alternate artwork I might try out. Also thanks to the PBL sale I have new rails on the way.

i guess i made your boyfriend mad, you had to have a few of them with you, remember?

#7695 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

- flipper rebuild kits
- coil sleeves
- new balls
- any cracked plastics
- the wall drop target at the sanctum can be have some worn linkage parts but if you're not seeing issues then maybe not worth worrying about (again it just depends where you want to draw the line)

Flippers/Coils are great
New Balls are on the list
EOS Error currently working on (happened during the move, because it wasn't there when I looked through it)
Wall Drop- I will inspect thanks!
Also have two lights out (on the battlefield) which I am also looking into

#7696 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

- flipper rebuild kits
- coil sleeves
- new balls
- any cracked plastics

I will start to do the same on Shadow in a few weeks! I feel anyone that has a pin should work at making it better anyway! She'll still be played and enjoyed in 25 years or so!

#7697 3 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

I will start to do the same on Shadow in a few weeks! I feel anyone that has a pin should work at making it better anyway! She'll still be played and enjoyed in 25 years or so!

I am building my list of wants now so I can order right away on Black Friday.

#7698 3 years ago

Ok, starting to diagnose my two problems.

Two lights out (not bulbs) I thankfully haven’t had to look into bulb issues too much, bulb 61 & 71. Any thoughts on where to start?

Also, the dreaded F1 EOS error, I “think” when the right flipper was rebuilt the wires may have been put on the wrong side of the switch. If anyone has pictures handy on both the Left and Right flipper EOS switches I would appreciate seeing them, I will start looking through the images as well.

BA6C1F15-221B-48F9-940F-0D91B5DCF73A (resized).jpegBA6C1F15-221B-48F9-940F-0D91B5DCF73A (resized).jpegDA7E8046-01AF-4668-B343-06EBE74A63B4 (resized).pngDA7E8046-01AF-4668-B343-06EBE74A63B4 (resized).png
#7699 3 years ago

The two lights out both appear to be on your mini playfield. If you flip that up you'll notice that those are actually two small PCBs with twist sockets. You said the bulbs / LEDs were good so we'll skip that check. The vibration of the kicker causes solder joints to crack. Re-flow the solder on the headers of the two PCBs. That should do the trick.

#7700 3 years ago

The two lights out both appear to be on your mini playfield. If you flip that up you'll notice that those are actually two small PCBs with twist sockets. You said the bulbs / LEDs were good so we'll skip that check. The vibration of the kicker causes solder joints to crack. Re-flow the solder on the headers of the two PCBs. That should do the trick.

I had one out yesterday and I just reseated it in the twist socket and it was fine.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits
Electronics
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Aurora, IL
6,895 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
Plastics
€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals
Flipper parts
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus
Shooter rods
$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.
Interactive
5,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Thornton, CO
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,922 posts in this topic. You are on page 154 of 219.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-club/page/154 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.