Topic Stats

• 7,491 posts
  • 594 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 19 hours ago by MG7322
  • Topic is favorited by 207 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,047 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

28FDCBC2-98F1-4781-8D9A-377A65E45A33 (resized).jpeg
BA7095D1-72D6-4343-9D5F-5525DA7196A5 (resized).jpeg
064C242C-4320-4668-BC00-2AAF8F5F6C08 (resized).jpeg
Resized_20200829_105329 (resized).jpeg
20200908_161555 (resized).jpg
20200910_080048 (resized).jpg
27DE85FF-B9D4-41C9-AA5E-D62A413F4521 (resized).jpeg
6506B55E-A459-4077-9103-B05694F3E98D (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20200908-151223_Chrome (resized).jpg
845617A2-C1F9-4CFA-B88F-D966E0E81AB5 (resized).jpeg
D84F8335-E80E-46D2-9E2A-4C4D2CAB3F0A (resized).jpeg
8A4451A7-CEE1-4D6E-89E2-CF331BCC276A (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20200827-111252 (resized).png
IMG_20200826_184823228 (resized).jpg
2703A7DA-CDC4-485F-B20A-6203BC95B86B (resized).jpeg
85F77451-6826-46D2-BB15-535982564C03 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7491 posts in this topic. You are on page 150 of 150.
#7451 7 days ago
Quoted from delt31:

Hey guys.... On a dead stop/trapt ball left flipper - can you consistently hit the right ramp shot or is it random?
My flipper seems perfectly fine but I swear on a dead ball, it doesn't make it up ever single time....I have the right cool and all checks out with the typical issues including dirty opto.
It hits majority but not 100% assuming I got the ball right

No issues for me on that shot. I tried it out and it made it easy

#7452 7 days ago
Quoted from delt31:

Hey guys.... On a dead stop/trapt ball left flipper - can you consistently hit the right ramp shot or is it random?
My flipper seems perfectly fine but I swear on a dead ball, it doesn't make it up ever single time....I have the right cool and all checks out with the typical issues including dirty opto.
It hits majority but not 100% assuming I got the ball right

The other thing I've read (think it was in this thread) is that the Mantis ramps are slightly steeper - I thought this might be worth mentioning, in case you have replacement ramps and the flipper rebuild doesn't address the issue.

I struggle with my ramps however that's because my machine is in need for some TLC

#7453 7 days ago

A little bit of a teaser, but on M&M Creations whiteboard we had a solution for a Shadow to explore. Finally a couple a weeks ago - someone came forward asking for a solution via an MRS to the infamous left ramp/diverted to the right switch register issue. Well, it took a lot of R&D, but we think we nailed it and it's out for beta testing with wmsfan if all is good - we'll begin offering the solution next week. I've included some pics of the long-lever solution most folks employ and some pics of our solution installed and by itself for visualization.

Thanks!
Matt

Resized_20200829_105329 (resized).jpeg20200908_161555 (resized).jpg20200910_080048 (resized).jpg
#7454 7 days ago
Quoted from Sonic:

A little bit of a teaser, but on M&M Creations whiteboard we had a solution for a Shadow to explore. Finally a couple a weeks ago - someone came forward asking for a solution via an MRS to the infamous left ramp/diverted to the right switch register issue. Well, it took a lot of R&D, but we think we nailed it and it's out for beta testing with wmsfan if all is good - we'll begin offering the solution next week. I've included some pics of the long-lever solution most folks employ and some pics of our solution installed and by itself for visualization.
Thanks!
Matt
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

sweet. I am in on this

#7455 7 days ago

Dude that is genius. So simple and clean.

#7456 7 days ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Dude that is genius. So simple and clean.

And hidden - we didn't like the idea of cantilevering where the switch normally is (it was too much in view) - that was the lengthy part of the R&D - moving it over where it was more hidden and the ball was traveling in a more stable vector - made sense - but made the engineering tricky....we must have made 8 or 9 iterations I think?

#7457 7 days ago
Quoted from Sonic:

Thanks!
Matt

Looks promising. I've been spending a lot of time with my Shadow the last few weeks on a project I'll be sharing hopefully soon (Pinsound related) and I tackled this issue by extending the switch location further with Lexan. The only issue I'm having now is the ball jumping the ramp occasionally. I may end up trying to reseat the wireform and if I do, this may be a good time to install this mod. In the photo the wires are running back the long way towards the left diverter instead of the right side of the machine, since it's mounted near the upper flipper. Is there a way to run the wires out the right side to hide them better?

#7458 7 days ago
Quoted from jedimastermatt:

Looks promising. I've been spending a lot of time with my Shadow the last few weeks on a project I'll be sharing hopefully soon (Pinsound related) and I tackled this issue by extending the switch location further with Lexan. The only issue I'm having now is the ball jumping the ramp occasionally. I may end up trying to reseat the wireform and if I do, this may be a good time to install this mod. In the photo the wires are running back the long way towards the left diverter instead of the right side of the machine, since it's mounted near the upper flipper. Is there a way to run the wires out the right side to hide them better?

That's just pics from testing...the leads are long enough to run to the right and underneath the playfield to the left again for connection....

#7459 7 days ago

I am in on a MRS solution for that shot. The lexan extender has helped but I find that it moves around when it gets hit by airballs, so I still end up with either stuck balls or the switch not registering occasionally.

#7460 6 days ago

sonic I am very interested in this as well! Please let me know when the testing is complete and how it perfect. I’ll likely be buying one...looks great!

#7461 6 days ago
Quoted from Sonic:

Thanks!
Matt

These work great. With Matt’s help I converted all 3 of my main physical switches on my Who Dunnit 3-way ramp to MRS several months ago. They are fantastic. Sensitive enough to register even fast-moving balls through the side of the plastic ramp. I was nervous about cutting the green and white wires on my stock switches to attach 3 MRS switches, but it’s been well worth it! I’m in on these for my Shadow for sure. Nice work, Matt.

064C242C-4320-4668-BC00-2AAF8F5F6C08 (resized).jpegBA7095D1-72D6-4343-9D5F-5525DA7196A5 (resized).jpeg
#7462 5 days ago
Quoted from Sonic:

Thanks!
Matt

Put me down for one as well please

#7463 5 days ago

Wow, great idea!

#7464 5 days ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

These work great. With Matt’s help I converted all 3 of my main physical switches on my Who Dunnit 3-way ramp to MRS several months ago. They are fantastic. Sensitive enough to register even fast-moving balls through the side of the plastic ramp. I was nervous about cutting the green and white wires on my stock switches to attach 3 MRS switches, but it’s been well worth it! I’m in on these for my Shadow for sure. Nice work, Matt.
[quoted image][quoted image]

How much we talking per switch?

#7465 5 days ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

How much we talking per switch?

$30 plus shipping....

#7466 4 days ago
Quoted from Sonic:

$30 plus shipping....

Go ahead and get me on list. I for sure want one.

#7467 4 days ago

I'm in as well!

#7468 4 days ago
Quoted from Sonic:

$30 plus shipping....

#7469 4 days ago

So I was fortunate enough to beta test the MRS switch from Sonic for The Shadow, and all I can say is wow!

No more ball hang-ups. Heck, no more switch actuator that even slightly slows the ball down. The flow of the game just feels nicer! You can remove those 'extenders' and the microswitch- I would make sure the MRS switch does work before you remove the microswitch. We probably have 25-30 games on it with it installed, with no issues at all.

I would recommend this switch upgrade to any Shadow owner.

Thank you M & M Creations for this! Now to figure out what other games could use one of these style of switches...

#7470 4 days ago
Quoted from Wmsfan:

I would make sure the MRS switch does work before you remove the microswitch. We probably have 25-30 games with it installed, with no issues at all.

So, whats the deal with this? It doesnt work for every game?

#7471 4 days ago

I don't see why it wouldn't in places it logistically can fit, but it's kinda pricey compared to a standard mechanical switch so I imagine it's probably a waste of money to replace random switches for no reason.

#7472 4 days ago

The body shape of this one is designed to fit this game in the location that was decided on. I also got switches for my Diners, that have a different shape body that allows fit on the curved Diner cup. So it’s kind of a game specific design.

#7473 4 days ago
Quoted from Wmsfan:

The body shape of this one is designed to fit this game in the location that was decided on. I also got switches for my Diners, that have a different shape body that allows fit on the curved Diner cup. So it’s kind of a game specific design.

That's exactly correct....some are universal - like the original OEM MRS, and the plastic ramp MRS...but some are specific to a solution....We have MRS' for the bowls of CC, TTR, Diner, Taxi, CFTBL...and specific ramp solutions on Taxi and IJ....all kinds of solutions....

#7474 4 days ago
Quoted from Sonic:

That's exactly correct....some are universal - like the original OEM MRS, and the plastic ramp MRS...but some are specific to a solution....We have MRS' for the bowls of CC, TTR, Diner, Taxi, CFTBL...and specific ramp solutions on Taxi and IJ....all kinds of solutions....

Gotcha.

#7475 3 days ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

Thanks for the leads I will email them much appreciated

did you have any luck finding that ramp?
I used plastic welder to get the left side back on a year or so ago, even stuck a finishing nail below the ramp to support it. A few days ago I found both the right and left side broke off .
I took it apart and am welding it back together, gonna try to use epoxy and maybe even bedliner to coat the seams. But It'd be nice to have a new one.

#7476 3 days ago

Alright, we've got our testing feedback (thanks wmsfan ) thus we are ready for Shadow orders....just shoot me a PM and I'll put you on the wait-list and provide payment details and such! Ask any questions, you can find A LOT of posts/info on Pinside about our MRS'....we've got all kinds of different variations - most popular being the OEM of course as they were stock in 7 WMS pins...followed by the popular CFTBL whirlpool MRS....Diner has been very popular, Taxi, IJ, Cactus, Transporter...and the ramp ones that Pinkitten noted which are universal and have been used in W?D ...and several homebrew pins....

Matt

#7477 2 days ago

On topic? Off topic?... My Shadow now has a friend!
28FDCBC2-98F1-4781-8D9A-377A65E45A33 (resized).jpeg

#7478 2 days ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

On topic? Off topic?... My Shadow now has a friend.[quoted image]

Comes off as a bit of a brag, but there’s worse things I guess. Congrats of the R&M!

#7479 2 days ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Comes off as a bit of a brag, but there’s worse things I guess. Congrats of the R&M!

Thank you!

And fair, just enthused to have my second pin to put with my Shadow. I’ve been part of this thread community for a few years now and have hopefully supported fellow Shadow owners to have generated good will and trust to not be bragging.

#7480 2 days ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Cool duo - congrats!

#7481 2 days ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Thank you!
And fair, just enthused to have my second pin to put with my Shadow. I’ve been part of this thread community for a few years now and have hopefully supported fellow Shadow owners to have generated good will and trust to not be bragging.

not bragging at all. about time you added a second pin.

#7482 1 day ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

[quoted image]

It's nice to have such cool friends, congrats!!

#7483 1 day ago

Just thinking about the Battlefield plastic replacement? I’m about ready to tear down my Shadow for a refresh and cabinet restore. I remember a list was started for black chrome awhile back. I Will be sending the wire guides down for a swap I remember that there was a project on this as well.

#7484 1 day ago
Quoted from MG7322:

Just thinking about the Battlefield plastic replacement? I’m about ready to tear down my Shadow for a refresh and cabinet restore. I remember a list was started for black chrome awhile back. I Will be sending the wire guides down for a swap I remember that there was a project on this as well.

Yes, they are very close to being ready.

#7485 1 day ago
Quoted from MG7322:

Maybe PM sc93cobra who was making them to see if he was making any spare ones or if you can go on a waiting list in case someone pulls out

#7486 1 day ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Maybe PM sc93cobra who was making them to see if he was making any spare ones or if you can go on a waiting list in case someone pulls out

there are spares.

#7487 1 day ago

I was on the original list for one way back, did I get bumped?

#7488 1 day ago
Quoted from MG7322:

I was on the original list for one way back, did I get bumped?

No, I passed that list on to Chris when I started it. My house got hit by a tornado and Chris stepped in and took the project over. It is getting close. I have the decals ready. Should be all done in the next 2-3 weeks - fingers crossed.

#7489 20 hours ago
Quoted from woody76:

No, I passed that list on to Chris when I started it. My house got hit by a tornado and Chris stepped in and took the project over. It is getting close. I have the decals ready. Should be all done in the next 2-3 weeks - fingers crossed.

Really looking forward to this upgrade ... might be time for a complete resto

Have you been able to get started on rebuilding your house or has Covid delayed everything?

#7490 20 hours ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Really looking forward to this upgrade ... might be time for a complete resto
Have you been able to get started on rebuilding your house or has Covid delayed everything?

We are 7 weeks from moving in. TN has pretty much stayed open except for nashville. The nashville mayor made headline news today for lying about COVID numbers to keep businesses closed. he is about to be in deep crap.

#7491 19 hours ago

I’ll be sending my shadow rails for swap out so maybe the timing will be close to get them plus the battlefield in one box!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Portland, OR
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
4,700 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Carlsbad, CA
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
There are 7491 posts in this topic. You are on page 150 of 150.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside