IMG_0517 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0701 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0513 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1404 (resized).JPEG
IMG_1405 (resized).JPEG
IMG_7706 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,927 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 219.
#701 10 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

Anyone have a spare Phurba they could sell to me? I have one that has broken screw mounts with not enough left to repair.
Can't find any for sale at any suppliers or e-bay.
Thanks.

Brock over at Pinballcustoms repros these along with mongols too if you are missing any of the 3 on your game.

http://www.pinballcustoms.com/contact/

#702 10 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Wish this "club" would be a little more awake to these posts. Someone here must've done a redecal on the head before!

I paid to have mine done. Cost me 2600 but came with free Shadow pinball machine ,)

#703 10 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Wish this "club" would be a little more awake to these posts. Someone here must've done a redecal on the head before!

So do a search, or start a new topic. It's hardly a Shadow specific question, you'll have a ton more responses from the general site than you will in a club thread for a generic question.

My head decals were redone before I got the game apparently, they're in awesome shape.

#704 10 years ago

Hi all,

Just introducing myself as a proud new owner of The Shadow - my first pin.

Any other owners in the Far East?

#705 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

So do a search, or start a new topic. It's hardly a Shadow specific question, you'll have a ton more responses from the general site than you will in a club thread for a generic question.
My head decals were redone before I got the game apparently, they're in awesome shape.

Hmm. Thanks.

#706 10 years ago

Hi

I have owned this machine for just under a month and find the first error. The door to the Battlefield now stays permanently down. When I run a test I get 2 error messages (see attached). Any advice on how to solve this? I am new to pins so please 'dumb it down'.

Thanks!

Error 1.jpgError 1.jpg Error 2.jpgError 2.jpg
#707 10 years ago

Hi charsiufan

Please go to switch test (open coin door, push button and search for test>switch test)

Remove glass. Then empty balls from playfield, raise playfield a bit, pull it out (towards yourself) till you hear the click, then raise it upwards and lean against the back of the head of the machine.
Search for the drop target below the playfield and touch the switch below the target with your finger to test if you hear the 'beep' sound. (=switch test sound in switch test mode). If not, the switch is broken. Therefor the machine does not know that the door is down. The machine then performance a safety measure to ensure you always can reach the battlefield and keeps the door open at all times. You should replace the swith by soldering a new one on it. (take pictures!)

Hope this helps! And I'm sure someone else know things better than me
Peter

#708 10 years ago

Peter

Thanks - they were perfect instructions. Managed to locate the switch (as in the picture) and you are spot on. It doesn't beep when activated. I guess the only solution is to locate a replacement part and solder it in?

Is there an easy way to get the balls out when flipping up the playing field? I can catch them as they come out the shoot as I lift it but usually one or two balls stay in the machine.

Switch.jpgSwitch.jpg
#709 10 years ago

Manually actuate the coil for the ball trough.

#710 10 years ago
Quoted from charsiufan:

Peter
Is there an easy way to get the balls out when flipping up the playing field?
Switch.jpg 123 KB

Go into Test mode. Test 18: empty ball test.

This will essentially kick out all balls. Easy way to remove!

#711 10 years ago

I tried that and nothing happened. Must have been because I had the door open. Will try again tomorrow (bit late now in this part of the world) and don't want to wake the house up!

Had a read of the game manual and managed to locate this switch. Numbered 55, which of course is what the error code told me! All very useful learning experience.

Looks like I can get the part here http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=379

A $2.75 switch but $40 shipping

I guess I should stock up on a few. Any other of these parts I should be keeping in the tool kit? I have already ordered new balls, rubbers, led's and a few other bits and pieces from Marco which shipped yesterday.

#712 10 years ago

Great, thanks for the feedback! Enjoy the game, it's on my office and played daily by our employees! Fast and furious gameplay! Love it!

#713 10 years ago
Quoted from charsiufan:

I tried that and nothing happened. Must have been because I had the door open. Will try again tomorrow (bit late now in this part of the world) and don't want to wake the house up!
Had a read of the game manual and managed to locate this switch. Numbered 55, which of course is what the error code told me! All very useful learning experience.
Looks like I can get the part here http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=379
A $2.75 switch but $40 shipping
I guess I should stock up on a few. Any other of these parts I should be keeping in the tool kit? I have already ordered new balls, rubbers, led's and a few other bits and pieces from Marco which shipped yesterday.

You should be able to find it some place a little local. I know I can order parts like that from China on ebay.

#714 10 years ago
Quoted from charsiufan:

Is there an easy way to get the balls out when flipping up the playing field? I can catch them as they come out the shoot as I lift it but usually one or two balls stay in the machine.

Just stuff a rag into the eject area of the shooter lane, no need to take the balls out at all. Just don't do what I did yesterday, was working on my Scared Stiff, did the rag trick, and then totally spaced and put the glass back on without removing it.

#715 10 years ago

or just install one of these.. I have one on my shadow, pretty sweet.
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1168

#716 10 years ago
Quoted from Troutfarm:

or just install one of these.. I have one on my Shadow, pretty sweet.
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1168

I have on on my Shadow too, but it's kinda sticky, doesn't reliably fall down to stop the balls. I should look at it more closely I guess.

#717 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I have on on my Shadow too, but it's kinda sticky, doesn't reliably fall down to stop the balls. I should look at it more closely I guess.

I have one in every machine that supports it. works great. maybe yours is gunked up...

#718 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Mine works great. I did have an issue with the ball bouncing off the far side of the lane back over the lane and getting stuck out of the way of the plunger so it was not launching(this is what that post with the rubber was preventing).. little piece of foam tape on the swinging piece of metal and it works great.

#719 10 years ago
Quoted from charsiufan:

Hi all,
Just introducing myself as a proud new owner of The Shadow - my first pin.

Interesting choice for your first machine. I usually would recommend easing into the hobby with a more user friendly game Congo, TAF or MB for ex. But The Shadow is the best advanced players DMD game out there. Similar to BSD it will punish you and you will love every minute of it! Great choice, welcome to the club!!

#721 10 years ago

I know this is a long shot, but does anyone have an extra ring light harness/connector?

As I'm repopulating my playfield I remembered one was missing (after searching an hour) when I bought it. I suppose I could make one but that would be a real pita.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

#722 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Shadow was my first game.

Same here. I maybe overpaid a bit but don't regret the purchase. It is a great game. The more I play other machines the more I realize how well laid out Shadow's playfield is. The sound is great, too but the machine doesn't have any shitty shots.

#723 10 years ago

Thanks!

Quoted from PinPeet:Great, thanks for the feedback! Enjoy the game, it's on my office and played daily by our employees! Fast and furious gameplay! Love it!

#724 10 years ago
Quoted from OldSchoolBlood:

Interesting choice for your first machine. I usually would recommend easing into the hobby with a more user friendly game Congo, TAF or MB for ex. But The Shadow is the best advanced players DMD game out there. Similar to BSD it will punish you and you will love every minute of it! Great choice, welcome to the club!!

Thanks. First few games was a little confused but after reading the manual and a bit of time on Google have really begun to appreciate just how clever and addictive this table is. No regrets. Quite the opposite. It was purely by chance. I don't think I have ever seen a working pinball table here in Hong Kong and certainly never seen one for sale.

#725 10 years ago

If anyone is interested , I have a Bag of Shadow p/f plastics ( even the Promo plastic )

I'll Post a pict- of what i have later today .. Buy 1 or All !!

#726 10 years ago

Here ya go ...... All are Sold !! 1 member bought All.

The Shadow plastics 001.JPGThe Shadow plastics 001.JPG
The Shadow plastics 002.JPGThe Shadow plastics 002.JPG
The Shadow plastics 003.JPGThe Shadow plastics 003.JPG

#727 10 years ago

pm me a price on that plastic with the skyscraper on it... dead center of your pic. The one that rides along the right side of the playfield

#728 10 years ago

Gonna play the insufferable parent card here, but this cracked me up when my daughter drew it the other day and handed it to me:

daddyshadow.jpegdaddyshadow.jpeg

#729 10 years ago

Aurich its these little things in life that make it all worth it! thanks for sharing

#730 10 years ago

Love the drawing of the Shadow figure on the bg.

#731 10 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Aurich its these little things in life that make it all worth it! thanks for sharing

Except he forgot to mention his daughter is 36.

#732 10 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Except he forgot to mention his daughter is 22.

the drawing says 36!

#733 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Gonna play the insufferable parent card here, but this cracked me up when my daughter drew it the other day and handed it to me:

daddyshadow.jpeg 100 KB

So, this was your inspiration!

#734 10 years ago

I decided to take the shooter off for cleaning- it was really dirty in there! But I was surprised to see the plastics are stuck on. I just kept them in place for now, because I didn't want to break them. Anyone who's had theirs chromed, were your plastic grips hard to remove or did they pop right off?

#735 10 years ago
Quoted from MMP:

I decided to take the shooter off for cleaning- it was really dirty in there! But I was surprised to see the plastics are stuck on. I just kept them in place for now, because I didn't want to break them. Anyone who's had theirs chromed, were your plastic grips hard to remove or did they pop right off?

You just need to gently slide something thin under them and work them loose, they're not glued on or anything, just stuck with years of grime. It takes some work, they won't just drop off when you unscrew things, that's normal.

#736 10 years ago

Cool, thanks for the confirmation Aurich. I did lots of small details today and my shooter did not clean up as well as I hoped it would. Time to send it out for some chrome.

#737 10 years ago
Quoted from MMP:

Cool, thanks for the confirmation Aurich. I did lots of small details today and my shooter did not clean up as well as I hoped it would. Time to send it out for some chrome.

I love my Mike Chestnut chrome shooter. Only problem is it makes me want to plate more things!

#738 10 years ago

Mike did my FT shooter, so I know how good that can look! I've got a new coin door and legs coming for my Shadow since that is not going anywhere soon.

#739 10 years ago

Went out to find a replacement switch (number 55 - the switch on the left in the picture). Tried quite a few stores and the switch on the right is the only one I could find. Other than the length of the strip at the top will this switch work on the table?

Thanks

20140330_011251.jpg20140330_011251.jpg
#740 10 years ago
Quoted from charsiufan:

Went out to find a replacement switch (number 55 - the switch on the left in the picture). Tried quite a few stores and the switch on the right is the only one I could find. Other than the length of the strip at the top will this switch work on the table?
Thanks

20140330_011251.jpg 41 KB

just pop the original switch lever to the new switch and test GL

#741 10 years ago

Thanks. What's GL?

#742 10 years ago

GOOD LUCK!

#743 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I love my Mike Chestnut chrome shooter. Only problem is it makes me want to plate more things!

whats it cost to get the shadow gunshooter chromed?

#744 10 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

whats it cost to get The Shadow gunshooter chromed?

I forget, I traded him some stuff as part of it, I want to say for the whole thing, trigger and all it was maybe $90 shipped?

#745 10 years ago

I have noticed on the front of my Shadow are three bolts - which appear to have been over-tightened in two cases. I can't see what function they have. Can anyone shed some light?

Thanks

The Shadow Front.jpgThe Shadow Front.jpg
#746 10 years ago
Quoted from charsiufan:

I have noticed on the front of my Shadow are three bolts - which appear to have been over-tightened in two cases. I can't see what function they have. Can anyone shed some light?

I don't know what the upper left one is, but I'm assuming the bottom two were for a lock bar that went across the coin door. A lot of ops installed these to help thwart theft.

#747 10 years ago
Quoted from charsiufan:

Thanks

Coin door lockdown bar from when it was routed, extra security to prevent someone from prying the coin door open.

I'd patch them and paint black. Won't match the decals exactly, but you could probably get it so no one would notice unless they were looking, be a lot better looking at least.

#748 10 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Members: Thinking of redoing the head decals. I'd appreciate your feedback on my plan of attack.
Peel off old decals and sand the sides of the cab. I"ll probably just sand the middle section of each side where the decal was. OR I could sand each side completely, then spray paint gloss black prior to attaching decals.
Also, what kind of wood filler should one use in case I want to build back up any scratches?
Thanks!

Sorry for the late reply...I only check this post once a month or so. I re-decaled the head of my Shadow a while back. Nothing to it. The steps you have outlined pretty much sum it up. I made the mistake of thinking it would be easier to sand the original decals off. Big mistake...just made an unholy mess! I quickly realized it was easier just to peel them off with the assistance of a flexible scraper. I used goo-gone to remove the decal residue. You will find white primer under most of the original decal. I filled the scratches and what not with Durham's Rock Hard putty and sanded each side completely. Masked off the head and sprayed it with rattle cans. Follow the usual rattle can best practices (several light coats) and you will be all set to re-decal. Oh yeah, you will want to use semi gloss paint for the best factory match. I used Rustoleum Painter's Touch semi-gloss black.

#749 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Coin door lockdown bar from when it was routed, extra security to prevent someone from prying the coin door open.
I'd patch them and paint black. Won't match the decals exactly, but you could probably get it so no one would notice unless they were looking, be a lot better looking at least.

Thanks for the replies. Remove the bolts, careful wood filler and paint them black I think.

#750 10 years ago

Oh, And I've also ordered some new black legs. Should make the machine look a lot better.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Boards
Slap Save Creations

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

5,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tucson, AZ
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
Machine - For Sale
Buffalo, NY
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

7,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hamilton, ON
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 10,927 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 219.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-club/page/15 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.