Topic Stats

• 7,385 posts
  • 586 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by jonesjb
  • Topic is favorited by 208 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,024 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

TS ball guide (resized).JPG
9E2E9EAC-A239-4F8F-981E-7EF22EDB982C (resized).jpeg
TS orbit (resized).jpg
15B7C4AA-076A-42F9-8B52-DAD7FB7E08A9.gif
DSC05432 (resized).JPG
DSC05430 (resized).JPG
DSC05425 (resized).JPG
DSC05431 (resized).JPG
321EE77E-7145-48BB-8126-6CB8940F07F2 (resized).jpeg
8286B364-5ED7-4B6E-A208-DE6EC14E22D1 (resized).jpeg
20200728_175826 (resized).jpg
the-shadow-movie-montage-alternate-pinball-translite-alternative-flipper-backglass-700x700 (resized).jpg
20200209_160727 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20200404-151323~2 (resized).png
2A9B76C9-E6F7-4852-A634-72FD902F47D3.gif
Screenshot_20200726-004953~2 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7385 posts in this topic. You are on page 148 of 148.
#7351 10 days ago
Quoted from Tortelvis:

Does anyone have one of these toppers they would like to sell?[quoted image]

Oooo! Now I have another item to buy.

#7352 10 days ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

I’m trying my best to forget that movie was ever made.
Great pin awful movie.

Lol, I barely remember that movie, but my gf loves it and so she loves the pin - that works with me!

#7353 10 days ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Lol, I barely remember that movie, but my gf loves it and so she loves the pin - that works with me!

Also think the studios had big plans for The Shadow movie, you know, big star Alec and Penelope.. lol

Visionner « THE SHADOW TOY"S COMMERCIAL » sur YouTube

#7354 10 days ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Also think the studios had big plans for The Shadow movie, you know, big star Alec and Penelope.. lol
Visionner « THE SHADOW TOY"S COMMERCIAL » sur YouTube

Ninja shadow!

#7355 10 days ago

Stumbled across these Shadow instruction cards and thought I post here in case people haven't seen them (and he does lots of other games as well - very talented)

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-apron-cards-printable-versions-only/page/16#post-5486603

#7356 10 days ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Stumbled across these Shadow instruction cards and thought I post here in case people haven't seen them (and he does lots of other games as well - very talented)
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-apron-cards-printable-versions-only/page/16#post-5486603

Now I'll need to rotate my cards dammit!! Lol

#7357 9 days ago

Anyone looking for a backglass version of the factory translite (the Alex Baldwin one)? PM me.

#7358 9 days ago

Hi,
If someone has a spare of jonesjb decal, please pm me
Thanks

#7359 7 days ago

Upgraded my Shadow with mr_tantrum 's fabulous flipper toppers as well as green Titan rings & post sleeves; purple star posts; and target decals.

DSC05425 (resized).JPG
DSC05430 (resized).JPG
DSC05431 (resized).JPG
DSC05432 (resized).JPG

#7360 7 days ago

Looks good.

#7361 7 days ago

Those are nice

#7362 5 days ago

Hi,
I don’t know where to go in settings to remove the factory setup each time i turn on the game.
Thanks for help

#7363 5 days ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Hi,
I don’t know where to go in settings to remove the factory setup each time i turn on the game.
Thanks for help

Once you change the settings, they should stay that way.
Likely that your batteries are dead, or are not making contact.
The batteries provide power to save your settings when the game is turned off. If they are dead the game will forget your settings and go back to factory.

#7364 4 days ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Once you change the settings, they should stay that way.
Likely that your batteries are dead, or are not making contact.
The batteries provide power to save your settings when the game is turned off. If they are dead the game will forget your settings and go back to factory.

Hi buddy,
I drained my post as i checked (after asking on pinside) in the backbox. There were no battery.
Didn’t pay attention at first as when i recieved the game i made some little work on it.
Thznks for your help

#7365 4 days ago

I would like to know when you hit right orbit, where the ball is supposed to arrive on left flipper?
With the post sleeve rubber above standup targets (I need to check as i feel the ball is slightly deflected coz of post sleeve), the ball arrives at the end of my left flipper, need sometimes to save the drain.

#7366 4 days ago

I would like to know when you hit right orbit, where the ball is supposed to arrive on left flipper?
With the post sleeve rubber above standup targets (I need to check as i feel the ball is slightly deflected coz of post sleeve), the ball arrives at the end of my left flipper, need sometimes to save the drain.

I think this is what you want. I tried to make it slo mo but my app is having a hard time making a gif slo mo for some reason. I can post a slo mo video on youtube too, let me know.

This gif turned out so weird. My game went into a ball search when I was passing the ball around trying to setup the shot.
15B7C4AA-076A-42F9-8B52-DAD7FB7E08A9.gif

#7367 3 days ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

I think this is what you want. I tried to make it slo mo but my app is having a hard time making a gif slo mo for some reason. I can post a slo mo video on youtube too, let me know.
This gif turned out so weird. My game went into a ball search when I was passing the ball around trying to setup the shot.
[quoted image]

Nice pass and shot!

#7368 3 days ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Nice pass and shot!

+1

#7369 3 days ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Nice pass and shot!

Thanks! This game will need flipper rebuilds by winter I bet. I havent touched them after I half assed one of them back together by cutting the spring shorter, lol. Its on the list of cold weather projects.

#7370 3 days ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

[quoted image]

Exactly.
I can see clearly there is no deflection at the rubber sleeve post.
Do you get one on your game or does it exist less thick? Weird question i guess as i probably need to tweak what is there.

#7371 3 days ago

Exactly.
I can see clearly there is no deflection at the rubber sleeve post.
Do you get one on your game or does it exist less thick? Weird question i guess as i probably need to tweak what is there.

I assume you are referring to the post sleeve circled in blue? I don't believe your issue is the sleeve (it's just a standard sized sleeve) but rather the ball guide - I would loosen the screw that holds the end of the ball guide and slightly move/push the ball guide towards the centre of the PF and re-tighten the screw, so that the post sleeve doesn't protrude from the guide as much. If that doesn't work, you may need to loosen some of the other ball guide screws, to get enough movement such that the ball doesn't clip the post sleeve when making an orbit shot.

TS orbit (resized).jpg

#7372 3 days ago
Quoted from Manny65:

I assume you are referring to the post sleeve circled in blue? I don't believe your issue is the sleeve (it's just a standard sized sleeve) but rather the ball guide - I would loosen the screw that holds the end of the ball guide and slightly move/push the ball guide towards the centre of the PF and re-tighten the screw, so that the post sleeve doesn't protrude from the guide as much. If that doesn't work, you may need to loosen some of the other ball guide screws, to get enough movement such that the ball doesn't clip the post sleeve when making an orbit shot.
[quoted image]

Yes, that is it.
Found a slightly thinner rubber and it is slightly better.
So i checked my guide. There is a kind of curve at the end. Is there the same on yours? I think my issue comes from my metal guide too
Thanks

9E2E9EAC-A239-4F8F-981E-7EF22EDB982C (resized).jpeg
#7373 3 days ago

Yes, that is it.
Found a slightly thinner rubber and it is slightly better.
So i checked my guide. There is a kind of curve at the end. Is there the same on yours? I think my issue comes from my metal guide too
Thanks[quoted image]

Looking pics of my machine I couldn't see a bend (I can't get to my machine atm) however looking online is does seem that the ball guide has that bend in it. Are you sure that the ball is clipping the post sleeve? as I'm wondering whether the ball is hitting the end of the ball guide that is kinked out? You might need to take a slo-mo video of the ball coming out of the orbit to determine exactly where the ball is making contact.

#7374 3 days ago
Quoted from Manny65:

No my ball guide doesn't have that bend in it - are you sure that the ball is clipping the post sleeve? as I'm wondering whether the ball is hitting the end of the ball guide that is kinked out? You might need to take a slo-mo video of the ball coming out of the orbit to determine exactly where the ball is making contact. Also have you checked that the rest of the ball guide is smooth with no other bends in it? I wonder whether a previous owner put that bend in deliberately because they were struggling to get it back on or did they do a PF swap and they could align the screw holes ... it just seems very odd. If the video proves that the ball is hitting the ball guide then you'd best remove the ball guide completely and try to carefully straighten that bend, but I suspect it'll be a lot of trial & error to get it back playing right

I need to check and take a video.
physically, it would make sense for the ball to follow the metal guide with centrifugal force and then rebound at the bend

#7375 3 days ago

I need to check and take a video.
physically, it would make sense for the ball to follow the metal guide with centrifugal force and then rebound at the bend

I found this pic online, which shows the ball guide better - so it looks like that bend is actually there

TS ball guide (resized).JPG
#7376 3 days ago

Yes but the bend seems progressive like a guide, mine gets more a frank folding. sorry about my poor english, don’t know if i write correctly what i would like or think exactly

#7377 3 days ago

Yes but the bend seems progressive like a guide, mine gets more a frank folding. sorry about my poor english, don’t know if i write correctly what i would like or think exactly

Mate your English is far better than my French

Yes your ball guide does have a very definite kink - I think trying to get a slow motion video of the ball exiting the orbit will provide a better view of what is happening and then hopefully someone (maybe chitownpinball ) can provide a similar version for a comparison.

#7378 3 days ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Mate your English is far better than my French
Yes your ball guide does have a very definite kink - I think trying to get a slow motion video of the ball exiting the orbit will provide a better view of what is happening and then hopefully someone (maybe chitownpinball ) can provide a similar version for a comparison.

Seems to be fixed.
I have slightly redressed the folding and it changed the path of the ball that now arrives perfectly on my left flipper (not in use). Before it was straight in the middle (needed to use the flipper to save drain and the ball arrived on the end of it)
Thanks buddy

#7379 3 days ago

Seems to be fixed.
I have slightly redressed the folding and it changed the path of the ball that now arrives perfectly on my left flipper (not in use). Before it was straight in the middle (needed to use the flipper to save drain and the ball arrived on the end of it)
Thanks buddy

Awesome work - well done!!!

#7380 3 days ago

I feel I need to go check that metal guide as well, but the bend is definitely machine made and was there originally.

#7381 22 hours ago

I agree. My Shadow has that same bend at the end of the left orbit lane guide. Mine just barely bends past the post, so the ball does not hit the post.

#7382 6 hours ago

How to select mod or is it random?
The other thing i did not yet understand is what diverters are used for? I mean what is the gain to get the ball going to the right or to the left flipper, just feeding the wanted flipper?

#7383 4 hours ago

The diverters make it so the game turns into a 4 ramps pin, also affects scoring according to what you will read on the DMD during gameplay..

#7384 3 hours ago

First game to ever have such diverters, I believe.. could be wrong.. but it does allow for deeper in-game rules.

#7385 3 hours ago

How to select mod or is it random?
The other thing i did not yet understand is what diverters are used for? I mean what is the gain to get the ball going to the right or to the left flipper, just feeding the wanted flipper?

Mode select is changed by going up ramps (and cycles whether you go to the left or the right on the diverter).

The diverters primarily do two things:
1. Light all four rings to go into vengeance mode.
2. Give you so much more control over staging your next shots (from the flipper of your preference), because you choose what flipper the ball returns to.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
There are 7385 posts in this topic. You are on page 148 of 148.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside