error error (resized).jpg
error mini bad (resized).jpg
20210503_173310 (resized).jpg
1D9F838B-08DC-4A00-A01C-3C17B7AF82E6 (resized).jpeg
0F7FA3CA-1900-4EB7-ADCB-72B043441546 (resized).jpeg
TS Extended Target (resized).JPG
5392192D-6014-4F44-8929-5DD6C052934B (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8528 posts in this topic. You are on page 148 of 171.
#7351 9 months ago
Quoted from Tortelvis:

Does anyone have one of these toppers they would like to sell?[quoted image]

Oooo! Now I have another item to buy.

#7352 9 months ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

I’m trying my best to forget that movie was ever made.
Great pin awful movie.

Lol, I barely remember that movie, but my gf loves it and so she loves the pin - that works with me!

#7353 9 months ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Lol, I barely remember that movie, but my gf loves it and so she loves the pin - that works with me!

Also think the studios had big plans for The Shadow movie, you know, big star Alec and Penelope.. lol

Visionner « THE SHADOW TOY"S COMMERCIAL » sur YouTube

#7354 9 months ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Also think the studios had big plans for The Shadow movie, you know, big star Alec and Penelope.. lol
Visionner « THE SHADOW TOY"S COMMERCIAL » sur YouTube

Ninja shadow!

#7355 9 months ago

Stumbled across these Shadow instruction cards and thought I post here in case people haven't seen them (and he does lots of other games as well - very talented)

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-apron-cards-printable-versions-only/page/16#post-5486603

#7356 9 months ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Stumbled across these Shadow instruction cards and thought I post here in case people haven't seen them (and he does lots of other games as well - very talented)
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-apron-cards-printable-versions-only/page/16#post-5486603

Now I'll need to rotate my cards dammit!! Lol

#7357 9 months ago

Anyone looking for a backglass version of the factory translite (the Alex Baldwin one)? PM me.

#7358 9 months ago

Hi,
If someone has a spare of jonesjb decal, please pm me
Thanks

#7359 9 months ago

Upgraded my Shadow with Mr_Tantrum 's fabulous flipper toppers as well as green Titan rings & post sleeves; purple star posts; and target decals.

DSC05425 (resized).JPG
DSC05430 (resized).JPG
DSC05431 (resized).JPG
DSC05432 (resized).JPG

#7360 9 months ago

Looks good.

#7361 9 months ago

Those are nice

#7362 9 months ago

Hi,
I don’t know where to go in settings to remove the factory setup each time i turn on the game.
Thanks for help

#7363 9 months ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Hi,
I don’t know where to go in settings to remove the factory setup each time i turn on the game.
Thanks for help

Once you change the settings, they should stay that way.
Likely that your batteries are dead, or are not making contact.
The batteries provide power to save your settings when the game is turned off. If they are dead the game will forget your settings and go back to factory.

#7364 9 months ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Once you change the settings, they should stay that way.
Likely that your batteries are dead, or are not making contact.
The batteries provide power to save your settings when the game is turned off. If they are dead the game will forget your settings and go back to factory.

Hi buddy,
I drained my post as i checked (after asking on pinside) in the backbox. There were no battery.
Didn’t pay attention at first as when i recieved the game i made some little work on it.
Thznks for your help

#7365 9 months ago

I would like to know when you hit right orbit, where the ball is supposed to arrive on left flipper?
With the post sleeve rubber above standup targets (I need to check as i feel the ball is slightly deflected coz of post sleeve), the ball arrives at the end of my left flipper, need sometimes to save the drain.

#7366 9 months ago

I would like to know when you hit right orbit, where the ball is supposed to arrive on left flipper?
With the post sleeve rubber above standup targets (I need to check as i feel the ball is slightly deflected coz of post sleeve), the ball arrives at the end of my left flipper, need sometimes to save the drain.

I think this is what you want. I tried to make it slo mo but my app is having a hard time making a gif slo mo for some reason. I can post a slo mo video on youtube too, let me know.

This gif turned out so weird. My game went into a ball search when I was passing the ball around trying to setup the shot.
15B7C4AA-076A-42F9-8B52-DAD7FB7E08A9.gif

#7367 9 months ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

I think this is what you want. I tried to make it slo mo but my app is having a hard time making a gif slo mo for some reason. I can post a slo mo video on youtube too, let me know.
This gif turned out so weird. My game went into a ball search when I was passing the ball around trying to setup the shot.
[quoted image]

Nice pass and shot!

#7368 9 months ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Nice pass and shot!

+1

#7369 9 months ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Nice pass and shot!

Thanks! This game will need flipper rebuilds by winter I bet. I havent touched them after I half assed one of them back together by cutting the spring shorter, lol. Its on the list of cold weather projects.

#7370 9 months ago

[quoted image]

Exactly.
I can see clearly there is no deflection at the rubber sleeve post.
Do you get one on your game or does it exist less thick? Weird question i guess as i probably need to tweak what is there.

#7371 9 months ago

Exactly.
I can see clearly there is no deflection at the rubber sleeve post.
Do you get one on your game or does it exist less thick? Weird question i guess as i probably need to tweak what is there.

I assume you are referring to the post sleeve circled in blue? I don't believe your issue is the sleeve (it's just a standard sized sleeve) but rather the ball guide - I would loosen the screw that holds the end of the ball guide and slightly move/push the ball guide towards the centre of the PF and re-tighten the screw, so that the post sleeve doesn't protrude from the guide as much. If that doesn't work, you may need to loosen some of the other ball guide screws, to get enough movement such that the ball doesn't clip the post sleeve when making an orbit shot.

TS orbit (resized).jpg

#7372 9 months ago
Quoted from Manny65:

I assume you are referring to the post sleeve circled in blue? I don't believe your issue is the sleeve (it's just a standard sized sleeve) but rather the ball guide - I would loosen the screw that holds the end of the ball guide and slightly move/push the ball guide towards the centre of the PF and re-tighten the screw, so that the post sleeve doesn't protrude from the guide as much. If that doesn't work, you may need to loosen some of the other ball guide screws, to get enough movement such that the ball doesn't clip the post sleeve when making an orbit shot.
[quoted image]

Yes, that is it.
Found a slightly thinner rubber and it is slightly better.
So i checked my guide. There is a kind of curve at the end. Is there the same on yours? I think my issue comes from my metal guide too
Thanks

9E2E9EAC-A239-4F8F-981E-7EF22EDB982C (resized).jpeg
#7373 9 months ago

Yes, that is it.
Found a slightly thinner rubber and it is slightly better.
So i checked my guide. There is a kind of curve at the end. Is there the same on yours? I think my issue comes from my metal guide too
Thanks[quoted image]

Looking pics of my machine I couldn't see a bend (I can't get to my machine atm) however looking online is does seem that the ball guide has that bend in it. Are you sure that the ball is clipping the post sleeve? as I'm wondering whether the ball is hitting the end of the ball guide that is kinked out? You might need to take a slo-mo video of the ball coming out of the orbit to determine exactly where the ball is making contact.

#7374 9 months ago
Quoted from Manny65:

No my ball guide doesn't have that bend in it - are you sure that the ball is clipping the post sleeve? as I'm wondering whether the ball is hitting the end of the ball guide that is kinked out? You might need to take a slo-mo video of the ball coming out of the orbit to determine exactly where the ball is making contact. Also have you checked that the rest of the ball guide is smooth with no other bends in it? I wonder whether a previous owner put that bend in deliberately because they were struggling to get it back on or did they do a PF swap and they could align the screw holes ... it just seems very odd. If the video proves that the ball is hitting the ball guide then you'd best remove the ball guide completely and try to carefully straighten that bend, but I suspect it'll be a lot of trial & error to get it back playing right

I need to check and take a video.
physically, it would make sense for the ball to follow the metal guide with centrifugal force and then rebound at the bend

#7375 9 months ago

I need to check and take a video.
physically, it would make sense for the ball to follow the metal guide with centrifugal force and then rebound at the bend

I found this pic online, which shows the ball guide better - so it looks like that bend is actually there

TS ball guide (resized).JPG
#7376 9 months ago

Yes but the bend seems progressive like a guide, mine gets more a frank folding. sorry about my poor english, don’t know if i write correctly what i would like or think exactly

#7377 9 months ago

Yes but the bend seems progressive like a guide, mine gets more a frank folding. sorry about my poor english, don’t know if i write correctly what i would like or think exactly

Mate your English is far better than my French

Yes your ball guide does have a very definite kink - I think trying to get a slow motion video of the ball exiting the orbit will provide a better view of what is happening and then hopefully someone (maybe Chitownpinball ) can provide a similar version for a comparison.

#7378 9 months ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Mate your English is far better than my French
Yes your ball guide does have a very definite kink - I think trying to get a slow motion video of the ball exiting the orbit will provide a better view of what is happening and then hopefully someone (maybe chitownpinball ) can provide a similar version for a comparison.

Seems to be fixed.
I have slightly redressed the folding and it changed the path of the ball that now arrives perfectly on my left flipper (not in use). Before it was straight in the middle (needed to use the flipper to save drain and the ball arrived on the end of it)
Thanks buddy

#7379 9 months ago

Seems to be fixed.
I have slightly redressed the folding and it changed the path of the ball that now arrives perfectly on my left flipper (not in use). Before it was straight in the middle (needed to use the flipper to save drain and the ball arrived on the end of it)
Thanks buddy

Awesome work - well done!!!

#7380 9 months ago

I feel I need to go check that metal guide as well, but the bend is definitely machine made and was there originally.

#7381 9 months ago

I agree. My Shadow has that same bend at the end of the left orbit lane guide. Mine just barely bends past the post, so the ball does not hit the post.

#7382 9 months ago

How to select mod or is it random?
The other thing i did not yet understand is what diverters are used for? I mean what is the gain to get the ball going to the right or to the left flipper, just feeding the wanted flipper?

#7383 9 months ago

The diverters make it so the game turns into a 4 ramps pin, also affects scoring according to what you will read on the DMD during gameplay..

#7384 9 months ago

First game to ever have such diverters, I believe.. could be wrong.. but it does allow for deeper in-game rules.

#7385 9 months ago

The other thing i did not yet understand is what diverters are used for? I mean what is the gain to get the ball going to the right or to the left flipper, just feeding the wanted flipper?

Mode select is changed by going up ramps (and cycles whether you go to the left or the right on the diverter).

The diverters primarily do two things:
1. Light all four rings to go into vengeance mode.
2. Give you so much more control over staging your next shots (from the flipper of your preference), because you choose what flipper the ball returns to.

#7386 9 months ago

Shoot the ramps to change the currently flashing scene/mode that will start next. Divert the ball left to move the flashing scene up the list (shown below), divert the ball right to move the flashing scene down the list. The list loops around the top & bottom

The scenes are:

Punish the Guilty
Farley Claymore
Duel of Wills
The Beryllium Sphere
Escape Underwater Doom
Discover Hotel Monolith

Depending upon how brutal your ramps are, super vengeance can be very lucrative for big scores

#7387 9 months ago

[quoted image]

Interesting. Shadow is the only modern game I own that will not allow post passes, and I thought that was the norm. I guess my geometry must be different. I actually like the extra challenge though, so no complaints.

#7388 9 months ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Interesting. Shadow is the only modern game I own that will not allow post passes, and I thought that was the norm. I guess my geometry must be different. I actually like the extra challenge though, so no complaints.

Mine won’t post pass either. Weird right?

#7389 9 months ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Quoted from jonesjb:

Mine won’t post pass either. Weird right?

As steve richie says: “play better”.

Im not sure how a game doesnt post pass and another does. The elements are all there. A flipper. A post. A button. Maybe your flipper switches are super lose or tight and dont allow for that "flutter" slap motion you have to do to get it to pass?

1 week later
#7390 9 months ago

I was having some really good games on shadow and then the battlefield up kicker stopped working. It would go to ball search in order to have to get the ball out.

The switch seemed to not be clicking at the right spot when the ball rests in the ball popper cup. I fixed that, reinstalled the mech. Still no kick.

I put a ball in there and it was indeed clicking when in the cup. Hmmm..

Switch test says "mini kicker" is closed. I cant get it to say otherwise when I activate the switch/cup.

Bad switch? Bad diode?

My only thought is that if the switch was registering as closed, wouldnt it fire the up kicker over and over thinking there was a ball there?

Any input is appreciated. I dont want to buy a new switch if its something easy I can do here with what I have in hand. I have some diodes, etc.

#7391 9 months ago

I was having some really good games on shadow and then the battlefield up kicker stopped working. It would go to ball search in order to have to get the ball out.
The switch seemed to not be clicking at the right spot when the ball rests in the ball popper cup. I fixed that, reinstalled the mech. Still no kick.
I put a ball in there and it was indeed clicking when in the cup. Hmmm..
Switch test says "mini kicker" is closed. I cant get it to say otherwise when I activate the switch/cup.
Bad switch? Bad diode?
My only thought is that if the switch was registering as closed, wouldnt it fire the up kicker over and over thinking there was a ball there?
Any input is appreciated. I dont want to buy a new switch if its something easy I can do here with what I have in hand. I have some diodes, etc.

The Mini Kicker is sw 36 and is the long range opto right in front of the yellow battlefield kicker. It seems like the sw you are referring to is sw 68, popper

shadow sw matrix (resized).JPG
#7392 9 months ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

The Mini Kicker is sw 36 and is the long range opto right in front of the yellow battlefield kicker. It seems like the sw you are referring to is sw 68, popper
[quoted image]

Thank you! Let me look again once these kids go down for nap.

#7393 9 months ago

OK, so switch is open. I can close it by shorting the switch, so that means my matrix is good, right? Could it be the diode or the switch itself? The diode reads open going one way and 5.5 going the other. I think the diode is working properly. Can any one confirm?

So probably the switch.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/5647-12693-24

Guess I need to start a pinball parts list...

#7394 9 months ago

OK, so switch is open. I can close it by shorting the switch, so that means my matrix is good, right? Could it be the diode or the switch itself? The diode reads open going one way and 5.5 going the other. I think the diode is working properly. Can any one confirm?

Adjust the switch.
But most likely your switch is toast after +25 years of service. This switch near the popper does tremble a lot during it’s life and one day it’s just game over and time to replace it. Adjusting it might solve the issue temporarely.

#7395 9 months ago
Quoted from Maurice:

Adjust the switch.
But most likely your switch is toast after +25 years of service. This switch near the popper does tremble a lot during it’s life and one day it’s just game over and time to replace it. Adjusting it might solve the issue temporarely.

I bent the shit out of it to get it to click/register, still nothing. Its def a bad switch. Cooking up a PBL order now...maybe i rebuild my flippers and diverter mechs while Im at it....

#7396 9 months ago

Mine is problematic also. Need to adjust every few months.

#7397 9 months ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

Mine is problematic also. Need to adjust every few months.

I'll pull the mech edit:(now) and test the switch, but Im 90% sure its bad.

Edit: Yep, its bad. DB3 in there. PBL has them, sweet! Diode seems fine, I will reuse.

Flipper mechs and beefed up diverter crank arms here I come!

#7398 9 months ago

Another thing. My sling star posts are red, what color are yours? I am thinking I would like purple, but I saw in the manual its listed as 03-8319-13 which is clear. Interesting...so are mine changed out???

#7399 9 months ago

Another thing. My sling star posts are red, what color are yours? I am thinking I would like purple, but I saw in the manual its listed as 03-8319-13 which is clear. Interesting...so are mine changed out???

I think purple would look badass! But instead I changed the rubber rings to purple.

#7400 9 months ago

My sling star posts are red, what color are yours? I am thinking I would like purple ...

I like your thinking ...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-club/page/148#post-5774550

There are 8528 posts in this topic. You are on page 148 of 171.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside