IMG_0517 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0701 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0513 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1404 (resized).JPEG
IMG_1405 (resized).JPEG
IMG_7706 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,927 posts in this topic. You are on page 143 of 219.
#7101 3 years ago

I slip a credit card in to get my desired gap.

20200505_164527 (resized).jpg20200505_164527 (resized).jpg
#7102 3 years ago

Could the owners who have brassed their ramps and phurba please post some pics? Thanks.

#7103 3 years ago

Never mind I figured out the topic images.
How are.you going about the ramp flaps? I see the first pics.in the thread have brassed ramps and rivets. What would be involved in the plating process? Cheers

#7104 3 years ago

Anyone know what material the ramps are made from? Thanks

#7105 3 years ago

Aluminum? They arent magnetic

#7106 3 years ago
Quoted from Elicash:

I was obsessing over this a few pages back when I picked up my game. The upper flipper should rest against the metal rail. This is how the game was designed as a shot from right flipper through left orbit and past the upper flipper will return the ball back to the lower right flipper.
I also looked at the game flyer and promo video (from 1994) and confirmed the game in these pics have the flipper flat against the metal ball guide.
This does in fact make the Kahn hole shot quite difficult. I suspect this is by design.
Of course - it is your game and you can set the flipper angle however you want. Many on here have changed this. But i did a good amount of digging on it.

Interesting... I’ll have to do some digging and playing with the setting I think my right rail is actually a bit off. It’s seems like it moves a bit so it may be loose. When I shop it out completely I’ll try and adjust it but enjoying playing it too much right now.

#7107 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Stainless steel no?

#7108 3 years ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

Stainless steel no?

Non magnetic is leading me to believe no

#7109 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Not all stainless steel is magnetic. I'd suspect the ramps are stainless steel 304 (definitely not aluminum)

#7110 3 years ago

Got my city scape decal installed lastnight. Looks absolutely awesome. I am waiting on 6-7 purple flasher bulb caps to come in so I left the orange ones uninstalled as the wood only has so many tries before it gets stripped out.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Dude, there was glass ALL OVER this game. It was under all the plastics, on the ramps, UNDER the mini PF (and I mean lodged in the wiring underneath the mini-PF - check out the photo below ), and some of it was grounded into a fine powder on the ramps and ball guide walls. I had to stirp a good amount of the game, run my 30 gallon air compressor and blow the entire game with compressed air, then vacuum it, then shake the game and find more hiding under plastics, shop vac, rinse and repeat. Finally got to the point I used Windex on a rag and gently pressed on the PF and the ramps to get the literal powered dust-sized particles of glass off both surfaces. Swapped all the balls out to be safe. Going to check the ball trough to be 100% safe, and then I think we will be good.

I have a theory on what happened, but I am not going to speculate publicly as that's all it is - speculation.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#7111 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

stick a magnet on your stainless steel fridge, see how long it holds.

#7112 3 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

stick a magnet on your stainless steel fridge, see how long it holds.

Shh! My ugly white fridge might hear you talking about nicer fridges.

#7113 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Never mind I figured out the topic images.
How are.you going about the ramp flaps? I see the first pics.in the thread have brassed ramps and rivets. What would be involved in the plating process? Cheers

Black-nickel is more expensive than brass, but I think it looks very nice on this game.

#7114 3 years ago

Black chrome is incredible:
blackchrome_shadow_gun (resized).jpgblackchrome_shadow_gun (resized).jpg

#7115 3 years ago

Does anyone know this part and who sells it. It's from the upper playfield

received_603444190518572 (resized).jpegreceived_603444190518572 (resized).jpeg
#7116 3 years ago
Quoted from Stuieb84:

Does anyone know this part and who sells it. It's from the upper playfield
[quoted image]

A-17790.1

I grabbed a spare from Mark C. and haven't used it (PM me if interested) https://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/a-17790-1.html

#7117 3 years ago

Heres a clip of my grumpy mod in action. Hope to diffuse better soon. Havent found anything useful to do so around the house yet.

https://clips.twitch.tv/BombasticBrightDugongDogFace

#7118 3 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Heres a clip of my grumpy mod in action. Hope to diffuse better soon. Havent found anything useful to do so around the house yet.
https://clips.twitch.tv/BombasticBrightDugongDogFace

Looks good to me. One thing I have done in the past is take a 600 grit sandpaper and lightly sand the soft shell covering the LED strip. Typically defuses it just enough without loosing the light.

#7119 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Looks good to me. One thing I have done in the past is take a 600 grit sandpaper and lightly sand the soft shell covering the LED strip. Typically defuses it just enough without loosing the light.

Not a bad idea. Wish I would have done that before I stuck it to that plate, lol.

Ive been trying to find a material like this in low quantities but thats super hard to do so far...
432457F8-0097-4396-9E09-90D9453DBA79 (resized).jpeg432457F8-0097-4396-9E09-90D9453DBA79 (resized).jpeg64D0C4F7-8634-4995-83DD-61054EEC18FF (resized).jpeg64D0C4F7-8634-4995-83DD-61054EEC18FF (resized).jpeg

#7120 3 years ago

Not a bad idea. Wish I would have done that before I stuck it to that plate, lol.
Ive been trying to find a material like this in low quantities but thats super hard to do so far...
[quoted image][quoted image]

Those would be Photography Gels. Very cheap on Amazon and available in any color. You can mix and match or layer them for darker shades. Thin as paper and simple to cut. I also keep a variety pack of these to make insert masks in the playfield. 1 pack will last a lifetime lol. Find your shade, a dot of hot glue and stick done. Good luck.

https://www.amazon.com/Fotograf%C3%ADa-Speedlite-Balance-Universal-Olympus/dp/B00QN48X0Q/ref=mp_s_a_1_12

#7121 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Those would be Photography Gels. Very cheap on Amazon and available in any color. You can mix and match or layer them for darker shades. Thin as paper and simple to cut. I also keep a variety pack of these to make insert masks in the playfield. 1 pack will last a lifetime lol. Find your shade, a dot of hot glue and stick done. Good luck.
amazon.com link »

I work in live events and have access to every shade of lighting fixture gel. This is not what I want. I want to deflect light, not tint it. There are specialty deflecting/refracting plastics made for this type of application.

#7122 3 years ago

I work in live events and have access to every shade of lighting fixture gel. This is not what I want. I want to deflect light, not tint it. There are specialty deflecting/refracting plastics made for this type of application.

Sorry just a suggestion.

#7123 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Sorry just a suggestion.

I got ya, sorry to seem abrasive.

#7124 3 years ago

Anyone on the fence about selling/leaving the club near MD/PA/VA send me a pm. Have a beautiful TZ and a HUO AMH to trade

#7125 3 years ago
Quoted from ramegoom:

[quoted image]

Wow, that looks amazing!

#7126 3 years ago
Quoted from ramegoom:

[quoted image]

the shadow I had previously to my current one I put ALL black nickel trim on it with a black nickel shooter gun. It was sick looking.

#7127 3 years ago

Anyone got a spare mini PF thumb screw they’d be willing to sell me, or know a source for them? I just recently swapped CPR PFs into my Shadow and having a regular philips head bolt in place of it is driving me crazy.

Not my pic, but I’m referring to the knurled headed bolt being held

6DDD23DE-24B9-46CF-A380-38330C04BDB2 (resized).jpeg6DDD23DE-24B9-46CF-A380-38330C04BDB2 (resized).jpeg
#7128 3 years ago
Quoted from TheCount:

Anyone got a spare mini PF thumb screw they’d be willing to sell me, or know a source for them? I just recently swapped CPR PFs into my Shadow and having a regular philips head bolt in place of it is driving me crazy.
Not my pic, but I’m referring to the knurled headed bolt being held
[quoted image]

That min-PF thumb screw (02-5142) is like hen's teeth ... hard to find

https://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/playfield-parts/metal-posts/02-5142.html

#7129 3 years ago
Quoted from DMC:

I had issues with mine and it turned out to be a faulty Q5 transistor on the Fliptronics board. I had that, it's pre-driver transistor and diode replaced and all is well.

Thank you so much for this.

I have been having the "faulty yellow target" problem all night. I installed a brand new switch and calibrated it, yet the drop target would never go back up after the ball left the Battlefield. No matter how many times I triggered it to go up and down in coil test mode, it would fail in the middle of a game. I would even leave the game in attract mode with no credit dot, and after some time, the credit dot would just randomly appear in attract mode. Was about to lose my mind.

I re-seated all the connections and that has made the drop target behave. I had no idea that thing was controlled by the Fliptronics board. Now I know which connector it is and know the source of my problem if it comes back. That happens again, I'll clean the male header pins and crimp a new Molex connector to that point.

THANK YOU for this post.

#7130 3 years ago

So what do think of the blue between the original playfield and CPR?

20200510_202109 (resized).jpg20200510_202109 (resized).jpg
#7131 3 years ago
Quoted from cavalier88z24:

So what do think of the blue between the original playfield and CPR?[quoted image]

My first thought was - why is one Playfield bigger than the other? Lol
But the blue on the original is heaps better looking. That just confirmed to me that I don’t want a CPR

#7132 3 years ago
Quoted from ramegoom:

[quoted image]

They look great. Who does these?

#7133 3 years ago

So what do think of the blue between the original playfield and CPR?

Honestly, after you get it installed you don't even notice. Is it totally the same? Nope. Does it still look amazing? Yup! I had to pull out my old PF and check it to even see the difference.

#7134 3 years ago

You know what The Shadow needs? Someone to sell a Sanctum decal that matched the playfield. Maybe sell a 5 pack in different gradients. Hard to believe the only option (for purchase) is about 10 shades too light.

#7135 3 years ago

So what do think of the blue between the original playfield and CPR?[quoted image]

that is why I went with a restored original playfield.

#7136 3 years ago
Quoted from BrewNinja:

Honestly, after you get it installed you don't even notice. Is it totally the same? Nope. Does it still look amazing? Yup! I had to pull out my old PF and check it to even see the difference.

I noticed it as soon as i put maylar down last night. not happy about it but still better then the old playfield

#7137 3 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

They look great. Who does these?

Chris Royalty hot rod arcade

#7138 3 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

that is why I went with a restored original playfield.

wish i would have known

#7139 3 years ago
Quoted from BrewNinja:

I agree, I never noticed till I saw his post. Why would a shade of blue difference on the PF matter on a game most people change out the original trans on?

#7140 3 years ago
Quoted from TheCount:

I agree, I never noticed till I saw his post. Why would a shade of blue difference on the PF matter on a game most people change out the original trans on?

Had the different shade of blue somehow been associated with an LE version back in the day, pinsiders would be scrambling to have that color.

I've had the game 10 years and I honestly don't know for sure which is the original from that picture. I'd actually have to go look at my game.

People have no problem sticking a big round ugly green sticker to cover their worn sanctum area. That, I can notice.

#7141 3 years ago

Hi there club! I was looking for some feedback on PinSound for Shadow. Has any one installed it, are you happy with the product? Has anyone installed the shaker motor, is it worth it?

#7142 3 years ago
Quoted from jameshalko:

Hi there club! I was looking for some feedback on PinSound for Shadow. Has any one installed it, are you happy with the product? Has anyone installed the shaker motor, is it worth it?

I like the shaker motor, but have no experience with the pinsound

#7143 3 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

You know what The Shadow needs? Someone to sell a Sanctum decal that matched the playfield. Maybe sell a 5 pack in different gradients. Hard to believe the only option (for purchase) is about 10 shades too light.

I have honestly thought about making these until I sold my game with the decal and found a game with barely any sanctum wear. I still might explore the idea. Baffles my mind how off the current ones that are available are.

#7144 3 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

I have honestly thought about making these until I sold my game with the decal and found a game with barely any sanctum wear. I still might explore the idea. Baffles my mind how off the current ones that are available are.

I made my own that was really close years ago. It was one of the cool greys that was almost a perfect match. I had a ton of extras and tossed them in the trash a while back.

#7145 3 years ago

Is that Gold, Silver or Bronze or are they all like that?

EDIT: Not to dump on the CPR playfield (or your playfield), I have many of their products (2 backglass, plastics...) but even the yellow and orange look lighter.

#7146 3 years ago

Never even noticed until you brought it to my attention. Guess that means it is nothing to lose sleep over. Game is still badass.

#7147 3 years ago
Quoted from jameshalko:

I have three Pinsound cards in my games, Tommy, Getaway and Dr. Who. I have never thought about installing a Pinsound card in my Shadow. I think the biggest problem is limited orchestrations to choose from. There appear to only be three in the Pinsound Community. I be interested to hear if others find these three orchestrations to be a big improvement over the original. Thanks.

http://pinsound-community.org/forum/index.php?/files/category/37-the-shadow/

#7148 3 years ago

Shadow IMHO doesn't need a PinSound re-orchestration. The music is solid as is with plenty of callouts from the movies. It doesn't have that "MIDI sound" like TAF - to me that music (Shadow's) is nearing a full on orchestra.

#7149 3 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Shadow IMHO doesn't need a PinSound re-orchestration. The music is solid as is with plenty of callouts from the movies. It doesn't have that "MIDI sound" like TAF - to me that music (Shadow's) is nearing a full on orchestra.

Because of the high quality dcs mix, upgrading the speakers alone gave me a nice boost in fidelity, and plenty of bass. I’m a huge pinsound fan but it’s not necessary for the shadow.

#7150 3 years ago

I’d like to purchase the aurich speaker panel and translite . I sent him a message but haven’t heard back . If anyone has the set available PLEASE let me know .

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hamilton, ON
€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Aurora, IL
There are 10,927 posts in this topic. You are on page 143 of 219.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-club/page/143?hl=brewninja and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.