IMG_0517 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0701 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0513 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1404 (resized).JPEG
IMG_1405 (resized).JPEG
IMG_7706 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,927 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 219.
#651 10 years ago

TS was my first topside shop, you can see a few pictures here...
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/63zuy5bbol6ezhm/U2j5ORt2UX
Those were taken before the new Aurich translite was finished, and that really makes the game look nice.

It was pretty straightforward, the only real PITA is removing the diverters. You'll need a tiny allen wrench for those, and you can't really get to the ramps or plastics underneath without removing the diverters first.

Someone had suggested using CLR on the wireforms and I might go back and do that someday. I may have a few usable spare plastics, if you need anything let me know.

Congrats on your Shadow! I'm really enjoying the game.

#652 10 years ago

Thanks MMP. From what I can tell, the diverters should come out first.

#653 10 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Thanks MMP. From what I can tell, the diverters should come out first.

Yes the diverters come out first, I'd also recommend upgrading from the grub screws to the hex socket head bolts while you're at it.

#654 10 years ago
Quoted from Philk:

Yes the diverters come out first, I'd also recommend upgrading from the grub screws to the hex socket head bolts while you're at it.

Can you elaborate a bit on this? What's a grub screw?

#655 10 years ago

They are the small hex cap bolts that are used on the flippers. They should be used on the diverter as well, instead of the recessed type that came with the game. Much less prone to stripping and easier to really tighten down.

#656 10 years ago

So I could probably just order the part number used for the flipper screws then when I shop?

#657 10 years ago

Blackbeard, here's a link to them with pic: http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=238

They use a larger hex key so they are a bit easier to tighten effectively. I'd imagine they wouldn't be hard to source from most places.

#658 10 years ago

Thanks Philk

The one I'm picking up Saturday needs a good shop.

#659 10 years ago

Ace Hardware typically carries these.

#660 10 years ago

Guys, does anyone make any sort of protection for the right saucer? The one I'm bringing home is a little scuffed up. I didn't see Cliffys for it..

Thoughts?

#661 10 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Guys, does anyone make any sort of protection for the right saucer? The one I'm bringing home is a little scuffed up. I didn't see Cliffys for it..
Thoughts?

I dont think they do, but maybe Im wrong. It doesnt seem like the saucers take much abuse on this game, but I would still love a set just for piece of mind. Congrats on the shadow! You'll love it

#662 10 years ago

This WILL be my next machine. Oh yes, it WILL.

#663 10 years ago

Here is a pic of that saucer. Should I be concerned?image-134.jpgimage-134.jpg

#664 10 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Here is a pic of that saucer. Should I be concerned?

image-134.jpg 15 KB

Wow there's a Shadow that has actually seen some play! That mode start shot is so tight half my friends that come over rarely even hit it more than a couple times

Some local pinball wizard must have nailed that hole all the time on location. Hmmm that just sounds wrong...

I bet after you get all the black gunk off that hole you'll be left with just the small chip in the front and you could clean that out a bit and put a little varithane or any type of clearcoat in that spot. For home use I doubt it will get any worse.

#665 10 years ago

Kinda what I was thinking. I don't want to have to fill it in any.

#666 10 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Wow there's a Shadow that has actually seen some play! That mode start shot is so tight half my friends that come over rarely even hit it more than a couple times

Try back handing it. I can hit it pretty consistently on location. Still looking for one for myself though.

#667 10 years ago

Does anyone have pictures of powdercoating the ramps and/or habitrails in anything other than gold? I was thinking some black powder or black nickel plating, but would love to see any pics if someone has done this.

#668 10 years ago

Just a quick and dirty clip of my TS.

#669 10 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Thoughts?

I had similar damage which is caused by the a ball hitting the wood back of the saucer. When I restored my Shadow I took a dremel with a sanding attachment to reshape and smooth the back of the saucer and then spot cleared it. But for damage inside the saucer you might try the Mantis saucer protector for TOTAN.

http://www.mantisamusements.com/totan.htm

#670 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinmeister:

I had similar damage which is caused by the a ball hitting the wood back of the saucer. When I restored my Shadow I took a dremel with a sanding attachment to reshape and smooth the back of the saucer and then spot cleared it. But for damage inside the saucer you might try the Mantis saucer protector for TOTAN.
http://www.mantisamusements.com/totan.htm

Thanks. I wonder if that protector would fit.

The ball ejects towards the flippers, correct?

#671 10 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

The ball ejects towards the flippers, correct?

No it ejects out to the right loop, and falls towards the upper flipper.

#672 10 years ago

In.
Thanks juandylan. Enjoy my pinbot!
image-725.jpgimage-725.jpgimage-598.jpgimage-598.jpg

#673 10 years ago
Quoted from Laseriffic:

By suggestion here are our new flipper bat covers. These are laser cut from green acrylic with sticky on the back.
$5.50 + $2.35 shipping.
Joe

Super cool flippers man!

1 week later
#675 10 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Does anyone have a decent screen-cap of one of the Mongol Warriors from the film? Thinking about painting mine (inspired by a post a few pages back where they were nicely touched up) and would love to match the costumes from the movie.

I'm still thinking about having my Mongol Warriors painted with better detail, so I took a few pictures with my iPhone while watching the new Blu-ray of The Shadow this evening (hadn't seen it since the drive-in in '94, it was fun and cheesy as I remembered and definitely worth watching just to hear the call-outs from the game). Not as nice as you'd get doing screen captures if you've got the time and software, but this seemed good enough for my purposes (getting a general sense of the color scheme and pattern of the Mongol costumes in the movie).

Anyway, in case anyone else is interested, here's a link to a few of my pictures of the Mongol Warriors from the film: https://plus.google.com/photos/107054748656177255713/albums/5985719877865948481?authkey=CO_au6Ljt5zYxAE

#676 10 years ago

someone had a painted mongol warrior they did here couple months back, looked great

#677 10 years ago

Shadow in the house! just arrived 11:30 last night needs a good cleaning but overall very nice!

#678 10 years ago

Has anyone put black chrome or gold side mirrors on their Shadow? I see Blackbeard (^above^) has chrome mirrors on his, which look good, but I've been tossing around the idea of the others. A bit pricey at $200 or so, but might give a really nice finished look.

I have brass plated side rails and a lockdown bar coming from Chestnut (thanks for that idea, Aurich! I'm going broke!), which should go well with my brass shooter. So I'm leaning towards black chrome to tie everything together and not look like the Gold-member mobile.

GoldMemberMobile.jpegGoldMemberMobile.jpeg

#679 10 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

thanks for that idea, Aurich! I'm going broke!

Pics when you get it!!!

I'd definitely go black chrome. Black and brass is a sweet combination. What color are your legs?

#680 10 years ago

On my shadow, sometimes when the ball is moved after being caught by the magnet, it pushes the ball up to lock and it doesn't smoothly go around the bend all the way into the lock position. It only happens about 10 to 20% of the time but its annoying when it doesn't lock. Is there an adjustment for this?

#681 10 years ago
Quoted from Don44:

On my Shadow, sometimes when the ball is moved after being caught by the magnet, it pushes the ball up to lock and it doesn't smoothly go around the bend all the way into the lock position. It only happens about 10 to 20% of the time but its annoying when it doesn't lock. Is there an adjustment for this?

Like your magnet isn't flinging it hard enough? Maybe you need to crank the magnet a little closer to the playfield to boost its intensity?

#682 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

What color are your legs?

Pale white right now, they haven't seen the sun since last August! HA!

But seriously folks, just got in some brand new black legs, gold colored bolts and levelers. The bolts shine up real nice with chrome polish, but not the levelers. I might end up painting them black if I find they don't look right.

I'll post pics when I get everything done, I'm in the re-populating stage right now. I take a lot of time to do things like this, as I'm very anal with details.

#683 10 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

Pale white right now, they haven't seen the sun since last August! HA!
But seriously folks, just got in some brand new black legs, gold colored bolts and levelers. The bolts shine up real nice with chrome polish, but not the levelers. I might end up painting them black if I find they don't look right.
I'll post pics when I get everything done, I'm in the re-populating stage right now. I take a lot of time to do things like this, as I'm very anal with details.

Sounds like it's gonna be a winner, take your time, but looking forward to the pics.

#684 10 years ago

hey Guys i needed something special on my second TS!!!

what do you think???

shadow2 016.jpgshadow2 016.jpg

#685 10 years ago
Quoted from DavidC:

what do you think???

shadow2 016.jpg 125 KB

Thats kinda neat, but I dont think it matches the playfield art at all. If you cut down on the gradients, removed the sparkle stuff, and uses the original font, I think it could look alright. The most important thing is to do whatever you think looks good. Its your game

#686 10 years ago
Quoted from DavidC:

what do you think???shadow2 016.jpg 125 KB

Do you plan on reselling it? If so, you may want to listen to the guy above.

#687 10 years ago
Quoted from DavidC:

what do you think???

shadow2 016.jpg 125 KB

I think it looks killer with the graphic. The font needs to be changed though.

#688 10 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Do you plan on reselling it? If so, you may want to listen to the guy above.

I think it is too late as I believe there is already 4 coats of clear on it. I'm not digging the font at all and would have been better if the original font was used to match the rest of the game inserts. Also too many lens flares, I count 5 but 2 of them could be from the flash

#689 10 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

I think it looks killer with the graphic. The font needs to be changed though.

Ditto..and remove sparkles as mentioned.

#690 10 years ago

thanks for comments Guys,
4 more clear coats today and buffing, it ll stay like that, i like it...
easiest way was to duplicate original art , but it was not what i wanted
i wanted a personal touch and it does.

#691 10 years ago

Probably a silly question, but did they make any shadows with a launch button instead of the gun or are all gun-less games due to someone removing it?

#692 10 years ago

That's what counts, enjoy it. Post a pic after you repopulate the playfield too.

#693 10 years ago

Whats you're favorite mode? For some reason I always like Discover Hotel Monolith.

#694 10 years ago

I love starting Farley and smacking him around on the Battlefield.

I also love stacking Vengeance with Secret Laugh Mode.

#695 10 years ago
Quoted from EZG:

Probably a silly question, but did they make any shadows with a launch button instead of the gun or are all gun-less games due to someone removing it?

are any gun mounting holes? look inside cab see if you find holes that are covered up. i bet the SHADOW knows!

#696 10 years ago

Members: Thinking of redoing the head decals. I'd appreciate your feedback on my plan of attack.

Peel off old decals and sand the sides of the cab. I"ll probably just sand the middle section of each side where the decal was. OR I could sand each side completely, then spray paint gloss black prior to attaching decals.

Also, what kind of wood filler should one use in case I want to build back up any scratches?

Thanks!

#697 10 years ago

Anyone have a spare Phurba they could sell to me? I have one that has broken screw mounts with not enough left to repair.

Can't find any for sale at any suppliers or e-bay.

Thanks.

#698 10 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Members: Thinking of redoing the head decals. I'd appreciate your feedback on my plan of attack.
Peel off old decals and sand the sides of the cab. I"ll probably just sand the middle section of each side where the decal was. OR I could sand each side completely, then spray paint gloss black prior to attaching decals.
Also, what kind of wood filler should one use in case I want to build back up any scratches?
Thanks!

Perfect timing on this. The only issue when I bought my Shadow was the head decals. He threw in a set with the sale but i never did this before.I'll be watching this intently. Any insight or bid would help. Let me know how it goes.

#699 10 years ago

It may be a little time before I get to this tata.

I found a website where a guy gives a step by step on how to do it. Looks fairly simple and doesn't require removing the head, etc.. just the bolts that go into the sides of the backbox.

Basically it was pull bolt, remove old decal, sand with palm sander, fill divots if there are any, resand, attach decal.

Wish this "club" would be a little more awake to these posts. Someone here must've done a redecal on the head before!

#700 10 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

Anyone have a spare Phurba they could sell to me? I have one that has broken screw mounts with not enough left to repair.
Can't find any for sale at any suppliers or e-bay.
Thanks.

I'm pretty sure I have a spare phurba. I'll check when I get home tonight.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Aurora, IL
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

5,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tucson, AZ
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

5,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Thornton, CO
There are 10,927 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 219.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-club/page/14 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.