IMG_7706 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7705 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0617 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0618 (resized).jpeg
shadow-repairdone (resized).jpg
IMG_4396 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,922 posts in this topic. You are on page 137 of 219.
#6801 4 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

I’m happy with twisters effort. It looks amazing. Because mine never had the cover from the beginning I have no clue why you say that it’s not an exact replica? I’m just happy to have one at all at this point. I will say that I think it would look amazing in brass to match the metal rails. I think I only had the choice of black nickel when I ordered from Twister? Great product either way. I love mine.

I cannot speak for Woody but I think the top has a slight notch on the left top side and on the right side there is an outward indentation its subtle when you look at it quickly.

#6802 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

not yet, checking interest now. Before i go produce a ton of these things I want to make sure they sell. I used to sell the plated parts, so all that is not problem . Black nickel looks fantastic.

I’m in for one. Add me to the list

#6803 4 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

I cannot speak for Woody but I think the top has a slight notch on the left top side and on the right side there is an outward indentation its subtle when you look at it quickly.

Yea, just a few differences. To be exact replica will take more time and be a little more costly.

#6804 4 years ago

Looks like there is for sure some interest in doing some brass battlefield shrouds. Maybe do 80% black nickel and 20% brass

#6805 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Looks like there is for sure some interest in doing some brass battlefield shrouds. Maybe do 80% black nickel and 20% brass

I agree with this, I have a Twister battlefield (in black chrome), so wouldn't buy another black, but I would buy a brass one from you woody76 if you offer that option. Having both varieties would likely generate more interest and potential buyers.

#6806 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I agree with this, I have a Twister battlefield (in black chrome), so wouldn't buy another black, but I would buy a brass one from you woody76 if you offer that option. Having both varieties would likely generate more interest and potential buyers.

I would need a different color decal for the brass one. Maybe clear vinyl with just black print.

#6807 4 years ago

I would be in for the black nickel, would look good in the purple retro lighting

IMG_0065 (resized).jpgIMG_0065 (resized).jpg
#6808 4 years ago
Quoted from Demoman1:

I would be in for the black nickel

Me too!

#6809 4 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

I’m in for one. Add me to the list

Quoted from jonesjb:

I would buy a brass one from you woody76 if you offer that option

Quoted from Demoman1:

I would be in for the black nickel, would look good in the purple retro lighting[quoted image]

The numbers for this mod are building ... I'm getting excited, fingers crossed

#6810 4 years ago

I’m in the club.

39632365-5999-4D86-834B-F02713B1512A (resized).jpeg39632365-5999-4D86-834B-F02713B1512A (resized).jpeg
#6811 4 years ago
Quoted from Phesson:

I’m in the club.[quoted image]

Awesome!

You going to get a color DMD?

#6812 4 years ago
Quoted from Phesson:

I’m in the club.[quoted image]

Congratulations!
What's your high score so far?

#6813 4 years ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

You going to get a color DMD?

A color DMD sounds like a great Father's Day gift!!

Quoted from Daditude:

What's your high score so far?

I brought her home yesterday and I'm still getting a feel for the game. Will update you in a few days

I have 2 "floppy" rings that need secured and I am ordering a ring light for one of those as well as some extra ones from Marco.
What are the important points to check? Must have mods/upgrades?

#6814 4 years ago
Quoted from Phesson:

Must have mods/upgrades?

You already have the Aurich translite. That was the biggest one for me. The factory translite is awful.
I really like the Grumpy light mod that lights up the battlefield when the ball is up there.

#6815 4 years ago

PinStadium is kind of a must on Shadow I think because the game is pretty dark.

They aren't exactly cheap which sucks.

#6816 4 years ago

I need to get a ring light and a couple extras and of course my plastic below the battlefield is all beat up. It's on my wish list.

plastic (resized).jpgplastic (resized).jpg
#6817 4 years ago
Quoted from Bwilson:

They aren't exactly cheap which sucks.

Make them. I buy plastic corner rails from koffersales. They come with adhesive and easy to cut and light weight. https://kofflersales.com/p/corner-guards-textured.asp.

Leds aluminum strips from aliexpress or splurge and buy from comet and I use the comet matrix system to connect. Use a comet dampener to adjust brightness. Total cost is about $30. I swear I should sell these.
20200305_211417 (resized).jpg20200305_211417 (resized).jpg
Resized_Resized_20200207_231741 (resized).jpegResized_Resized_20200207_231741 (resized).jpeg

#6818 4 years ago
Quoted from Bwilson:

I disagree with this, but different folks will have different opinions.
I think that "The Shadow" should have some shadow to it.

#6819 4 years ago

In the club - first pin! Immediately took the pic after set up. I do have one issue, I'm hoping someone could shed some light on. the 'N' light (for MONGEL) doesn't light up during play. However, during attract mode/end of game it does flash. Any insight on what I should look for? Any other advice is welcome, as well!

IMG_4191 (resized).jpegIMG_4191 (resized).jpeg
#6820 4 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

I disagree with this, but different folks will have different opinions.
I think that "The Shadow" should have some shadow to it.

Thats how I feel too but damned if I dont love how the extra light looks. Thanks for the heads up on the channel. I may make something for streaming with magnets. I have some ghetto home depot strips that are too dim and blue.

#6821 4 years ago
Quoted from Bwilson:

PinStadium is kind of a must on Shadow I think because the game is pretty dark

Yeah i don't agree either. I think spotlights from the slings + the GRUMPY battlefield light mod are more than enough.

#6822 4 years ago
Quoted from jhummel:

In the club - first pin! Immediately took the pic after set up. I do have one issue, I'm hoping someone could shed some light on. the 'N' light (for MONGEL) doesn't light up during play. However, during attract mode/end of game it does flash. Any insight on what I should look for? Any other advice is welcome, as well![quoted image]

Check the switch target. Sounds like the switch does not work so game never turns bulb on.

#6823 4 years ago
Quoted from grandy:

Yeah i don't agree either. I think spotlights from the slings + the grumpy battlefield light mod are more than enough.

The beauty is you can adjust the darkness and it is even throughout. Those sling style spots are a bit old school and why clutter the playfield detracting from it? In addition, they only highlight areas of the playfield. I guess it is preference. You can see here the variation in adjusting the lighting. You simply turn a set screw and adjust to your desire. So nice. FYI, I had two different shadows in the last month so these are different games but you get the idea. You can make it very dark (not really any images of that below) or not. The flexibility is great.
20190926_204733 (resized).jpg20190926_204733 (resized).jpg20190930_205342 (resized).jpg20190930_205342 (resized).jpg20200305_211417 (resized).jpg20200305_211417 (resized).jpg

#6824 4 years ago
Quoted from grandy:

Yeah i don't agree either. I think spotlights from the slings + the grumpy battlefield light mod are more than enough.

Spots from the slings...taking notes.

#6825 4 years ago

I get why people are anti "pin stadium." Most people have the brightness cranked up and UV shit flashing all over. Fully understood.

I did my own version of "stadium" lighting for a couple reasons:
1. I love all the brass on The Shadow and wanted to high light it a bit.
2. The game is really dark stock.
3. I very much dislike, for the most part, the way spotlights stick out and block artwork and other parts of the game. (yes I still have one).

I also, did something a little different in that I used LED "neon" to avoid the "striping" affect that people also seem to dislike.

I'm willing to admit it's not for everyone, but I think it helps the game play better and show off the art deco-ness of the game without burning out your retinas.

Sorry for the glass on pic, but I'm lazy..
ShadowLedNeon (resized).JPGShadowLedNeon (resized).JPG

#6826 4 years ago

No stadium lighting or spots on my Shadow. Just good LEDs. All the GI is sunlight Comet bulbs.

20200306_181657 (resized).jpg20200306_181657 (resized).jpg
#6827 4 years ago

I’ve seen stadium lighting in quite a few pins. Generally, it’s not my cup of tea, but I think one nice thing about it is that non-reflective glass becomes unnecessary when you have that kind of lighting.

#6828 4 years ago
Quoted from Paul_from_Gilroy:

I’ve seen stadium lighting in quite a few pins. Generally, it’s not my cup of tea, but I think one nice thing about it is that non-reflective glass becomes unnecessary when you have that kind of lighting.

I made my own for only of my games. Blackout. A very dark game. I ended up removing them in the end. A trough light and some bright LEDs were enough for me.

#6829 4 years ago

Best shadow apron cards?

I saw some foil cards for a grand prix that were super dope. I thought it might look nice for the shadow.

These are pretty cool. Still would like a shiny foil edition though...

0692876C-B3AE-4E2C-8780-A028E7335187 (resized).png0692876C-B3AE-4E2C-8780-A028E7335187 (resized).png
#6830 4 years ago

They definitely are cool!

#6831 4 years ago

Just joined the club. What’s the one must upgrade item other than LED’s and the Aurich translight?

#6832 4 years ago
Quoted from Digimatt:

Just joined the club. What’s the one must upgrade item other than LED’s and the Aurich translight?

Color dmd is a must on this title

#6833 4 years ago

I can't stand pinstadiums. Pinball games are supposed to have contrast in lighting. The reason you like the stadium light effect is that it overpowers glare. If you can't see the ball, get some Roman glass. Far better investment. Best addition to any pin, hands down. I've had people try to reach into my machines because it works so well.

#6834 4 years ago

How long have you owned a Shadow, but never seen the original movie? Worth the $10 just to better understand some of the images on the playfield and modes, etc.

#6835 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

How long have you owned a Shadow, but never seen the original movie? Worth the $10 just to better understand some of the images on the playfield and modes, etc.

Funny, I got the game and after a week or so I rented the movie to understand some things. The pin is way better than the movie in my opinion, but it was cool to see where some of the stuff came from

#6836 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I can't stand pinstadiums. Pinball games are supposed to have contrast in lighting. The reason you like the stadium light effect is that it overpowers glare. If you can't see the ball, get some Roman glass. Far better investment. Best addition to any pin, hands down. I've had people try to reach into my machines because it works so well.

That is 100% false. It's not about glare.

I agree that "invisi" glass is awesome. But, that doesn't solve anything if there isn't enough light to begin with.

#6837 4 years ago

I just watched the movie for first time a couple weeks ago. It wasn't bad! Really liked all the film noir elements. The story is pretty hoakey, but it is based on a pulp story after all.

It is crazy how well integrated the game is with the movie storyline

#6838 4 years ago
Quoted from Elicash:

It is crazy how well integrated the game is with the movie storyline

You're right they did an amazing job on this pin, I'd forgotten how well the gameplay and modes align with the movie storyline. My son (a few years ago now) stumbled on the DVD in a sale for $2 - Dad's Xmas present done!! One of my favourite pins

#6839 4 years ago

No need to watch the movie to understand the modes. The red inserts allert you where to shoot the ball.

#6840 4 years ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

No need to watch the movie to understand the modes. The red inserts allert you where to shoot the ball.

Haha yep, shoot the flashing light!! Works a treat

#6841 4 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

You're right they did an amazing job on this pin, I'd forgotten how well the gameplay and modes align with the movie storyline. My son (a few years ago now) stumbled on the DVD in a sale for $2 - Dad's Xmas present done!! One of my favourite pins

Sweeeeet!!

Quoted from yellowghost:

I dunno, playing the game and not knowing w t f is going on and why was weird at first. At least now I know why he says “the sun is shining, but the ice is slippery”. Otherwise I was like “wtf is he saying???” Lol

#6842 4 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

I dunno, playing the game and not knowing w t f is going on and why was weird at first. At least now I know why he says “the sun is shining, but the ice is slippery”. Otherwise I was like “wtf is he saying???” Lol

I’m trying to figure out what the call out is the says “what in the ___ was that” I can’t make it out.

#6843 4 years ago
Quoted from Digimatt:

I’m trying to figure out what the call out is the says “what in the __ was that” I can’t make it out.

#6844 4 years ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

That is 100% false. It's not about glare.
I agree that "invisi" glass is awesome. But, that doesn't solve anything if there isn't enough light to begin with.

Everyone playing pinball from 1940 - 2000 would disagree with you.

#6845 4 years ago

Hey guys - doing a complete restore (minus the cabinet) and I grabbed the plastics set from CPR. Great quality, but it came with two large plastics - one with The Shadow logo and one with The Shadow character. These aren't part of the normal game but they have slots as if they are supposed to go somewhere....any ideas?

#6846 4 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

Hey guys - doing a complete restore (minus the cabinet) and I grabbed the plastics set from CPR. Great quality, but it came with two large plastics - one with The Shadow logo and one with The Shadow character. These aren't part of the normal game but they have slots as if they are supposed to go somewhere....any ideas?

“3D” desktop assembly that can also be used as a small topper

https://classicplayfields.com/shop/pinball-plastics/shadow-2/

#6847 4 years ago
Quoted from Digimatt:

I’m trying to figure out what the call out is the says “what in the __ was that” I can’t make it out.

I thought it was "What in Christ was that?!"

#6848 4 years ago

Hey people, im in the market for a shadow. Got to play a nice one last week and now I ireally want one. I have my jurassic park premium listed for trade and have a few leads. My question is if there is any way to get an aurich translite set at this point. Cant find them for sale anywhere. Hit me up if you have a lead (or want to trade) thanks for your time

#6849 4 years ago

OK guys, so as some know my house was destroyed in the recent tornadoes. I will be unable to continue with the metal battlefield shroud project. Chris Royalty is going to pick up the project. He is the platting guy anyway so this will all workout for the better. He has twister's info and I also gave him my spreadsheet that had everyone's pinside name and platting finish they wanted on the shroud. There are for sure enough folks to make this happen with very little advertising. Chris is awesome and will get things moving asap.

Chris Royalty - pinsider sc93cobra
Hot Rod Arcade
Pinball Plating

#6850 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

OK guys, so as some know my house was destroyed in the recent tornadoes. I will be unable to continue with the metal battlefield shroud project. Chris Royalty is going to pick up the project. He is the platting guy anyway so this will all workout for the better. He has twister's info and I also gave him my spreadsheet that had everyone's pinside name and platting finish they wanted on the shroud. There are for sure enough folks to make this happen with very little advertising. Chris is awesome and will get things moving asap.
Chris Royalty - pinsider sc93cobra
Hot Rod Arcade
Pinball Plating

Anything we can do to support you while rebuilding?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 37.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals
Flipper parts
€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods
Toys/Add-ons
5,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Thornton, CO
$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus
Shooter rods
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Boards
Slap Save Creations
Boards
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Aurora, IL
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
7,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hamilton, ON
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 10,922 posts in this topic. You are on page 137 of 219.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-club/page/137?hl=pinballjah and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.