IMG_0517 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0701 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0513 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1404 (resized).JPEG
IMG_1405 (resized).JPEG
IMG_7706 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,927 posts in this topic. You are on page 134 of 219.
#6651 4 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

I'd almost consider that cheating--at best, it's not OEM location.

Every pin needs to be adjusted in some way, and I never found anything in the manual about an OEM position, just standard pics of the shot map. There are no adjustment holes for it obviously - People adjust flippers in different ways (most can't even agree on using the hole or lining up with the guides, and some games seem to have a slight droop)

To me it makes no sense having a clunky side shot coupled with a clunky mode shot , and since making this adjustment there is no denying the game feels like it was meant to be set this way - holding the flipper feeds the ball to start a mode - almost like you need to hold up the left upper flipper on TZ to hit the camera.

I just want the game to play the best it can, there is no reason to make the game less enjoyable or play worse over it, but I encourage people to try it at least.
Maybe someone can hit up Brian Eddy over at stern to get his take

#6652 4 years ago

I just watched the Shadow promo video one Youtube. Here is an image of the upper flipper from the video. Definitely doesn't look flat against the metal rail but the tip of the flipper sits a little lower than flush to the plastic above the flipper. One would assume this is how Brian E designed it if this was the game used to shoot this video for the game's release

Edit: I just looked closer at my game. The flipper in the video may in fact be sitting flat against the metal ballguide.
shadow (resized).JPGshadow (resized).JPG

#6653 4 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

What is the OEM location? Right up against the metal?

#6654 4 years ago

I put mine against the rail. Makes game so much more fun.

#6655 4 years ago

My shadow went off to the pinball doctor today. Replacing both playfield with CPR gold playfields

20200115_131749 (resized).jpg20200115_131749 (resized).jpg
#6656 4 years ago
Quoted from Stuieb84:

My shadow went off to the pinball doctor today. Replacing both playfield with CPR gold playfields[quoted image]

How do you keep track of putting everything back, and in backwards order? Have to be very organized to take on this task. I get lost replacing a rubber

#6657 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

How do you keep track of putting everything back, and in backwards order? Have to be very organized to take on this task. I get lost replacing a rubber

You don't have to remove everything to clear a playfield. Everything on top comes off and some bottom pieces. I just did my I500 and Congo. I will always clear playfields on my keepers going forward.

20191216_121908 (resized).jpg20191216_121908 (resized).jpg20200111_122439 (resized).jpg20200111_122439 (resized).jpg
#6658 4 years ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

hold the right flipper it puts the ball in the khan hole 99% of the time.

This makes the Khan shot too easy.

The super jackpot is a gimme this way, plus starting modes is no challenge either.

Shadow is one of my favorite games because of the brutal challenge.

#6659 4 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

What is the OEM location? Right up against the metal?

Not bent out into the middle of the playfield!

30003602 (resized).jpg30003602 (resized).jpg
#6660 4 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Not bent out into the middle of the playfield![quoted image]

Again, here is the pic of the flipper at rest - it's not bent out into the middle of the playfield (maybe you were looking at the held pic)

Either way it's subjective, are you guys seriously saying you don't modify anything on your machines because you want it OEM, or are you saying you want to change whatever you want but JUST the flippers need to stay? By that logic, anything that isn't set the way it was out of box, built by B/W, and has parity with the flyer is therefore wrong.

Shadow is too easy with default flipper orientation and you want to swap in lightnings or droop em further? - Wrong, sell the game, it's not OEM and you've made it too hard.

Different rubbers from OEM? - Wrong

Extended swtich arm or bracket mod? - Wrong

flip (resized).JPGflip (resized).JPG
#6661 4 years ago

I just like the action of it being "part of the orbit" and is how I always set my games with an upper flipper. Left orbit shot = right flipper return. You do you.

#6662 4 years ago
Quoted from isJ:

I just like the action of it being "part of the orbit" and is how I always set my games with an upper flipper. Left orbit shot = right flipper return. You do you.

Yep pretty much, everyone will set the game how they wish (which was my point i guess)
Either way, all I was trying to show was that the game flows and plays so much better this way, it wasn't about making it easier (even though I can concede that it does) but you still have to shoot an orbit and have it bounce/flow into the kahn hole regardless, a hell of a lot harder than shooting a scoop hole on most games to start a mode. It's not like it makes this game a breeze.

#6663 4 years ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

Yep pretty much, everyone will set the game how they wish (which was my point i guess)
Either way, all I was trying to show was that the game flows and plays so much better this way, it wasn't about making it easier (even though I can concede that it does) but you still have to shoot an orbit and have it bounce/flow into the kahn hole regardless, a hell of a lot harder than shooting a scoop hole on most games to start a mode. It's not like it makes this game a breeze.

The game is even easier too if you move the posts lower to make the outlines smaller, and increase the angle of lower flippers.

#6664 4 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

yeah def not correct

#6665 4 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

yeah def not correct

If nobody how they came from the factory then there is no wrong anser no? I doubt that every flipper could have been installed in the same exact position so if there was a particular position in the specs, it would need to be flush against the metal. But even then, not all mounting holes in the guides were in the same exact spot.
And I would not consider that cheating. If the machine was used in some sort of competition, all players would benefit from easier shot.

#6666 4 years ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

Again, here is the pic of the flipper at rest - it's not bent out into the middle of the playfield (maybe you were looking at the held pic)
Either way it's subjective, are you guys seriously saying you don't modify anything on your machines because you want it OEM, or are you saying you want to change whatever you want but JUST the flippers need to stay? By that logic, anything that isn't set the way it was out of box, built by B/W, and has parity with the flyer is therefore wrong.
Shadow is too easy with default flipper orientation and you want to swap in lightnings or droop em further? - Wrong, sell the game, it's not OEM and you've made it too hard.
Different rubbers from OEM? - Wrong
Extended swtich arm or bracket mod? - Wrong[quoted image]

My flipper gap is much smaller and I still make that orbit to scoop shot on clean shots. Yours does look really far out compared to literally any other Shadow ive seen. If anything, I find most are just back as far as they go and the orbit to scoop is nigh impossible. It would be nice if the upper flipper had one of the little holes to go off of.
20200116_225418 (resized).jpg20200116_225418 (resized).jpg20200116_225424 (resized).jpg20200116_225424 (resized).jpg

#6667 4 years ago

I am trying to find these silver washer things, anyone know a source? or what they are called?

20200120_162300 (resized).jpg20200120_162300 (resized).jpg
#6668 4 years ago

It’s a button washer.

The Hillman Group 2906 Number-8 Stainless Steel Finish Washer, 40-Pack https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HYLZZMQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_TEJjEbKSZ23W3

Quoted from woody76:

I am trying to find these silver washer things, anyone know a source? or what they are called?[quoted image]

#6669 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

I am trying to find these silver washer things, anyone know a source? or what they are called?[quoted image]

have them at most true value hardware stores

#6670 4 years ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

If nobody how they came from the factory then there is no wrong anser no? I doubt that every flipper could have been installed in the same exact position so if there was a particular position in the specs, it would need to be flush against the metal. But even then, not all mounting holes in the guides were in the same exact spot.
And I would not consider that cheating. If the machine was used in some sort of competition, all players would benefit from easier shot.

all the holes in the guides should be in the same place, there is a template when drilling..... and this big gap from back of flipper to the guide is def not correct. we're not talking cunt hairs here, we're talking centimeters.

#6671 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

It’s a button washer.
The Hillman Group 2906 Number-8 Stainless Steel Finish Washer, 40-Pack amazon.com link »

thank you

#6672 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

a playfield replacement is too intimidating a task for me to take on, so it is going off to the pinball technician. It's going to be an expensive venture all up, but this is my only pin - so I want it to look and play great for years to come.

1 week later
#6673 4 years ago

I think I might have stumbled upon a led replacement for the ring lights:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00RRBWUMG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00

I had to cut the leads to match the length of the original bulbs, but it seemed to work. Only hitch is that it the bulb needs to be threaded in through the ring before being pushed into the socket, as the bulb is a bit wider than the stock bulb. And because it's an led, it does only work in one polarity direction, so if it doesn't light rotate it 180 degrees.

I used the red led because...... seemed like the thing to do. White is listed as being brighter, but I didn't see that when I ordered it. Seems to work pretty well. A bit dimmer than the stock bulb, but worth the trade off if they don't burn out constantly.

Video of the lights here:

IMG_20200128_200253 (resized).jpgIMG_20200128_200253 (resized).jpgIMG_20200128_200330 (resized).jpgIMG_20200128_200330 (resized).jpgIMG_20200128_200409 (resized).jpgIMG_20200128_200409 (resized).jpgIMG_20200128_200423 (resized).jpgIMG_20200128_200423 (resized).jpgIMG_20200128_200809 (resized).jpgIMG_20200128_200809 (resized).jpg
#6674 4 years ago

Count me in...
Great game to be honest, still need to swap those flipper bats, maybe blue with yellow rubbers.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#6675 4 years ago
Quoted from trolldownstairs:

I think I might have stumbled upon a led replacement for the ring lights:
amazon.com link »
I had to cut the leads to match the length of the original bulbs, but it seemed to work.

Be sure to add a resistor inline with one of the leads. I can't remember, but I believe the original lamp operates on 12 volts, so if you run full current to a standard LED, you'll burn it out in a hurry.

A series resistor, about 10K, will keep it alive.

#6676 4 years ago
Quoted from RGAires:

Count me in...
Great game to be honest, still need to swap those flipper bats, maybe blue with yellow rubbers.
[quoted image][quoted image]

To each his own, but I think pinstadiums really ruin the lighting of this game.

#6677 4 years ago
Quoted from ramegoom:

Be sure to add a resistor inline with one of the leads. I can't remember, but I believe the original lamp operates on 12 volts, so if you run full current to a standard LED, you'll burn it out in a hurry.
A series resistor, about 10K, will keep it alive.

The LEDs I used actually have built in resistors and are rated for 12 volts.

#6678 4 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

To each his own, but I think pinstadiums really ruin the lighting of this game.

You think it looks too purple? I’ve never added pinstadium to a game but curious on people’s thoughts

#6679 4 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

You think it looks too purple? I’ve never added pinstadium to a game but curious on people’s thoughts

You can control the color and the dim of it... you have a lot of options on the table.
I think is one of the best machines to have it, just my 2cents

#6680 4 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

In my opinion it washes out a lot of the contrast in the playfield, and casts a change in the color that is not complementary to the artwork. And the striping effect on all of the reflective parts, especially the metal wire forms.

#6681 4 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I use Pinstadium and think it works well on Shadow. I have mine set up with a dim warm white, and I find that it works well and compliments the artwork.

#6682 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I use Pinstadium and think it works well on Shadow. I have mine set up with a dim warm white, and I find that it works well and compliments the artwork.

Warm white GI is by far the best scheme on this machine, so that makes sense.

#6683 4 years ago

Pinside I need your help.
My sanctum wall assembly is busted.
I need #A-18752 and the only onlineshop I can find is Marco......but he charges 50 euro shipping costs.

Does anybody know another site that has these in stock?
Or is there perhaps a club member that has a spare their willing to sell?

Thanks in advance.

#6684 4 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

In my opinion it washes out a lot of the contrast in the playfield, and casts a change in the color that is not complementary to the artwork. And the striping effect on all of the reflective parts, especially the metal wire forms.

Agree. Pinstadium is for streaming on twitch, not for regular play. It totally ruins the ambience for me.

The battlefield is the only thing that needs additional lighting in this game for the most part. Its pretty well lit and you an see everything pretty well.

#6685 4 years ago

There is someone parting out a shadow on Ebay, Netherland...did you send them a message?

How about the Amigos? They get packages all the time from US to save up on shipping?

#6686 4 years ago

Fixed my sanctum by airbrush. Clearing playfield today.

20200130_211442 (resized).jpg20200130_211442 (resized).jpgdownload_20200130_220327 (resized).jpgdownload_20200130_220327 (resized).jpg
#6687 4 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

Fixed my sanctum by airbrush. Clearing playfield today.[quoted image][quoted image]

Nice job matching the color!

#6688 4 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

Fixed my sanctum by airbrush. Clearing playfield today.[quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome. Looks like is wasn't damaged too badly to begin with thankfully.

#6689 4 years ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

Awesome. Looks like is wasn't damaged too badly to begin with thankfully.

Fortunately it wasn't.

#6690 4 years ago

You guys like virgin sanctums?

#6691 4 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

You guys like virgin sanctums?

Nah...I like sanctimonious virgins!

#6692 4 years ago

Any advice on adjusting the 3rd ball lock switch or magnetic throwing power? Balls 1 and 2 lock fine and sit correctly on their switches. Ball 3 gets thrown back, hits ball 2 and then bounces back past its switch and just sits directly behind the 3rd switch. A little shake gets it to roll over the switch and register. If the magnet would throw it back softer then the ball wouldn’t bounce back as far. If the switch was more of a curved roll over then the straight up angled wire it currently is then the ball would probably roll back over it.

#6693 4 years ago

Can someone tell me where the 2 circled plastics are installed? I was replacing them yesterday but could find where either is installed.

Shadow Plastics (resized).jpgShadow Plastics (resized).jpg
#6694 4 years ago
Quoted from Fish17:

Can someone tell me where the 2 circled plastics are installed? I was replacing them yesterday but could find where either is installed.[quoted image]

The one with "The Shadow" is a key chain plastic...

I think at least one of the others goes around the inner loop under the upper playfield that is prone to break (maybe some extras?)

#6695 4 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

The one with "The Shadow" is a key chain plastic...
I think at least one of the others goes around the inner loop under the upper playfield that is prone to break (maybe some extras?)

Thanks, I must have missed it. I had the battlefield up and didn't see it but I'll look closer.

#6696 4 years ago
Quoted from Fish17:

Can someone tell me where the 2 circled plastics are installed? I was replacing them yesterday but could find where either is installed.[quoted image]

Yeah the inner loop under the battle field. I could use one of those extras if you wouldn't mind shipping it out to me. I'd be happy to pay for it.

#6697 4 years ago

Guys, anyone have a problem with the mode start/extra ball hole? Problem is that sometimes the mech is just not strong enough to push the ball out.

It happens every other game or so. Ball registers the switch, but the solenoid / plunger just taps the ball without enough strength to get it out. I have to turn off game, take glass off, etc.

I can clean and rebuild the mech with new coil sleeve, but wanted to start here to see if this is a common problem?

#6698 4 years ago

I joined the club today! Pics coming!

#6699 4 years ago
Quoted from Elicash:

Guys, anyone have a problem with the mode start/extra ball hole? Problem is that sometimes the mech is just not strong enough to push the ball out.
It happens every other game or so. Ball registers the switch, but the solenoid / plunger just taps the ball without enough strength to get it out. I have to turn off game, take glass off, etc.
I can clean and rebuild the mech with new coil sleeve, but wanted to start here to see if this is a common problem?

Not a common problem that I've heard of. I'd firstly check the alignment of the plunger to ensure that it is striking the seated ball cleanly (maybe the bracket has came loose etc), if that is ok then clean/rebuild the eject mech (A-15368).

#6700 4 years ago
20200203_203953 (resized).jpg20200203_203953 (resized).jpg20200203_204000 (resized).jpg20200203_204000 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Aurora, IL
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

There are 10,927 posts in this topic. You are on page 134 of 219.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-club/page/134?hl=trolldownstairs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.