IMG_7706 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7705 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0617 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0618 (resized).jpeg
shadow-repairdone (resized).jpg
IMG_4396 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,922 posts in this topic. You are on page 133 of 219.
#6601 4 years ago
Quoted from isJ:

Hangup problem is still around after adjusting the plastic in the bottom side of the ramp. I am thinking the ball is supposed to roll differently off the clear plastic above the ramp? My plastic is straight, should it be angled somehow/is the ball supposed to drop from the battlefield to the wireform?[quoted image]

What degree is your game leveled at?

#6602 4 years ago

I'm looking for a replacement socket for the Ring lights. I found the part number but unfortunately they are not available anywhere

Does anyone have a spare socket they are willing to sell or donate?

Perhaps someone who did or plans on doing the Ring LED mod and kept the old parts.

Added over 4 years ago:

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-19545-2

The part the bulb goes into.

#6603 4 years ago
Quoted from Fish17:

I'm looking for a replacement socket for the Ring lights. I found the part number but unfortunately they are not available anywhere
Does anyone have a spare socket they are willing to sell or donate?
Perhaps someone who did or plans on doing the Ring LED mod and kept the old parts.

Socket? What do you mean by socket?

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/24-8855

#6604 4 years ago

@tiesmasc:

Thanks! Maybe I am missing a piece on the guide by the battlefield that pushes it toward the loop? Is that upper clear plastic laying flat? (4 black supporting posts all even?)

#6605 4 years ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

What degree is your game leveled at?

Idk, I can check, too steep? Too shallow? Its level side to side and plays well, so I don't bother looking at the angle of the PF. Seems weird that a hangup would be cause by the pitch of the playfield, but possible.

#6606 4 years ago
Quoted from isJ:

tiesmasc:
Thanks! Maybe I am missing a piece on the guide by the battlefield that pushes it toward the loop? Is that upper clear plastic laying flat? (4 black supporting posts all even?)

The spacers on that plastic are two different sizes to create an escape route for the ball. The taller spacers are on the right while the shorter ones are on the left.

#6607 4 years ago

Also notice the plastic only has 2 holes in it. The other two spacers are below the plastic to create more of a pitch.
20191215_145938 (resized).jpg20191215_145938 (resized).jpg

#6608 4 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Also notice the plastic only has 2 holes in it.
[quoted image]

So if I'm seeing this right, the slope runs to the left and uses the plastic/wireform to guide the ball off of the plastic and in to the left loop instead of on to the wireform?

#6609 4 years ago
Quoted from isJ:

So if I'm seeing this right, the slope runs to the left and uses the plastic/wireform to guide the ball off of the plastic and in to the left loop instead of on to the wireform?

Correct.

#6610 4 years ago
Quoted from isJ:

Idk, I can check, too steep? Too shallow? Its level side to side and plays well, so I don't bother looking at the angle of the PF. Seems weird that a hangup would be cause by the pitch of the playfield, but possible.

It could be that you're not set steep enough - I have mine set to 6.5.

#6611 4 years ago

So the ball should run like this, and UNDER the circled part of the ramp and off? Does it clear the plastic underneath and drop onto the playfield/left orbit?

shoo (resized).JPGshoo (resized).JPG
#6612 4 years ago
Quoted from isJ:

So the ball should run like this, and UNDER the circled part of the ramp and off? Does it clear the plastic underneath and drop onto the playfield/left orbit?[quoted image]

And the bracket should make it so that it always drops onto that plastic and doesn't bounce onto the wireform, etc. Want to make sure I'm getting this right before I go fiddle-fart around w/ it tonight.

#6613 4 years ago
Quoted from isJ:

And the bracket should make it so that it always drops onto that plastic and doesn't bounce onto the wireform, etc. Want to make sure I'm getting this right before I go fiddle-fart around w/ it tonight.

You are correct. When the ball falls off the mini playfield and hits the slopped clear plastic it will get redirected to the far left orbit. The ball should also hit the switch in the left orbit as well (most of the time).

#6614 4 years ago
Quoted from isJ:

So the ball should run like this, and UNDER the circled part of the ramp and off? Does it clear the plastic underneath and drop onto the playfield/left orbit?[quoted image]

close... I hope this picture helps make it a bit more obvious.pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#6615 4 years ago
Quoted from isJ:

When the ball exits the front of the mini-PF, it drops down either side of the kicker and the black shroud around the mini-PF directs the ball down and towards the back of the PF away from the wireform. The bottom of the shroud is more or less level with the wireform to ensure the ball cannot land on the wireform. If the ball falls to the right side of the kicker it'll typically drop into the shadow loop, while to the left of the kicker it'll drop into the orbit. The clear plastic is angled towards the back of the PF to ensure the ball cannot roll into the back of the ramp under the wireform. However we still don't know how the ball is ending up on the wireform - is it coming over the top of the shroud? Or is the mini-PF sitting down fully - is it screwed down? It would be worthwhile taking a video while you are playing to try to capture how the ball is ending up on the wireform.

On a side note, I see that your wireform has extra bracing (see picture) to the PF compared to mine - I wonder whether this was added during the production run to better support the wireform to avoid these types of hangs ...

TS wireform (resized).jpgTS wireform (resized).jpg
#6616 4 years ago

Mine lands on the ramp sometimes and don't get stuck. Add a washer or two to make the ramp a little higher on the right side.

#6617 4 years ago

I need some Shadow help. About every 15 games or so my game goes crazy. All the balls eject and switches go off that aren't being touched. This lasts for a couple minutes then everything goes back to normal. I have not been able to catch the problem in test mode. All my boards are stock.

The funny thing is one of my customers had the same problem on a Addams Family that I fixed. I don't want to say what I did to make the repair because I don't want to sway anyone's troubleshooting guesses. I was able to duplicate my customer's problem in test. Here is a photo of the swich test with the fipper buttons pushed and a second photo after it was repaired. The repair was not my first thought hence why I don't want to mention it. Has anybody experienced this on The Shadow? If so, what was the fix? Thanks in advance.
20190815_110818 (resized).jpg20190815_110818 (resized).jpg20190815_114133 (resized).jpg20190815_114133 (resized).jpg

#6618 4 years ago

I guess it is kind of obvious what I did to fix the Addams Family after I looked at the photos. Still need feedback on my Shadow problem. I just don’t want to throw a board at it.

#6619 4 years ago

Symptom sounds like a battery corrosion issue.

#6620 4 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

When the ball exits the front of the mini-PF, it drops down either side of the kicker and the black shroud around the mini-PF directs the ball down and towards the back of the PF away from the wireform. The bottom of the shroud is more or less level with the wireform to ensure the ball cannot land on the wireform. If the ball falls to the right side of the kicker it'll typically drop into the shadow loop, while to the left of the kicker it'll drop into the orbit. The clear plastic is angled towards the back of the PF to ensure the ball cannot roll into the back of the ramp under the wireform. However we still don't know how the ball is ending up on the wireform - is it coming over the top of the shroud? Or is the mini-PF sitting down fully - is it screwed down? It would be worthwhile taking a video while you are playing to try to capture how the ball is ending up on the wireform.
On a side note, I see that your wireform has extra bracing (see picture) to the PF compared to mine - I wonder whether this was added during the production run to better support the wireform to avoid these types of hangs ...[quoted image]

Thanks for the thorough feedback - I'm going to see what I can diagnose today and how many washers I can stack and where.

#6621 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Symptom sounds like a battery corrosion issue.

That is always my first thought also but Shadow has that floating daughter board where the batteries are installed plus I see no evidence of leakage.

#6622 4 years ago

Today, after owning a Shadow for almost 8 years, I found out that you can stack Shadow Multiball in your Final Battle

20200111_205548 (resized).jpg20200111_205548 (resized).jpg
#6623 4 years ago
Quoted from RobDutch:

Today, after owning a Shadow for almost 8 years, I found out that you can stack Shadow Multiball in your Final Battle [quoted image]

Why do you have a credit dot after 8 years?

#6624 4 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

Why do you have a credit dot after 8 years?

There are some things that need to be fixed, but currently busy repairing other machines

#6625 4 years ago
Quoted from isJ:

Thanks for the thorough feedback - I'm going to see what I can diagnose today and how many washers I can stack and where.

I think my machine has been listening into my conversation as the next time I played it I had a ball come off the mini-PF onto the wireform ... although it didn't get hung but simply returned to the inlane.

From what I could tell, the ball went down the left side of the kicker and came out onto the wireform between the shroud and kicker - the bottom of the shroud has a cutout where the kicker moves left & right, at the time the kicker was roughly in the centre but was moving left, I believe the ball ended up wedged between the kicker and the shroud cutout but as the kicker was moving left it's forced the ball to pop out forward ending up on the wireform (there was a partial delay from the ball coming off the min-PF to when it appeared to pop out). The thing is that even so the ball was then able to roll down the wireform - I'd suggest putting a washer under the wireform support strut that you have (below the front right hand corner of the mini-PF) to marginally increase the angle of the wireform.

#6626 4 years ago
Quoted from RobDutch:

There are some things that need to be fixed, but currently busy repairing other machines

That credit dot might represent a beneficial error that helped with your high score.

#6627 4 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

That credit dot might represent a beneficial error that helped with your high score.

Actually the opposite.
The target bank on the upper flipper stays low, so it's harder to finish the upper playfield. (And impossible to do so in the Final Battle)
Also it's not a high score hahah

#6628 4 years ago
Quoted from isJ:

And just to prove that I'm totally wrong, my game put the ball twice onto the wireform when coming off the mini-PF - straight out thru the shroud cutout to the left of the kicker. Neither got hung on the wireform

#6629 4 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

And just to prove that I'm totally wrong, my game put the ball twice onto the wireform when coming off the mini-PF - straight out thru the shroud cutout to the left of the kicker. Neither got hung on the wireform

It looks like the last person that shopped this put those plastic stands in backwards, I added a longer machine screw and stacked up some washers to give the ramp more lean to the left.

Thanks for the help on the easy fix, I wanted to do it stock, but I'm not breaking the whole game down to make it perfect at this time.

#6630 4 years ago

Hello, I'm new on Pinside and yesterday I bought The Shadow.
What a great machine, I love the gameplay as it is fast and challenging.

I tried to reset the high scores and that workes somewhat. But now I got these factory preset high scores.

Since the machine is quite tough to play and my kids like to get their names on it, I wonder if it is possible to delete those factory high scores or to set them on a lower score.

#6631 4 years ago
Quoted from JeanPS71:

Hello, I'm new on Pinside and yesterday I bought The Shadow.
What a great machine, I love the gameplay as it is fast and challenging.
I tried to reset the high scores and that workes somewhat. But now I got these factory preset high scores.
Since the machine is quite tough to play and my kids like to get their names on it, I wonder if it is possible to delete those factory high scores or to set them on a lower score.

I believe there should be the ability to change the 'default' high scores in the settings (try under adjustments?)

#6632 4 years ago

Change the "Backup HSTDs" and then when you reset the high scores, they will reset to whatever you set them to.

Shadoiw High Scoire Adjustments (resized).pngShadoiw High Scoire Adjustments (resized).png
#6633 4 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Change the "Backup HSTDs" and then when you reset the high scores, they will reset to whatever you set them to.[quoted image]

Change the backup high scores as mentioned above. Reset the high scores in utilities menu after you do this.

#6634 4 years ago

Does anyone have a good picture of this area? It looks like the previous owner tried to adjust this metal guide so I'm curious if it is in the correct spot.
IMG_8567 (resized).jpegIMG_8567 (resized).jpeg
Also is this part on top of the post real or does it look to be a custom add-on?
IMG_8565 (resized).jpegIMG_8565 (resized).jpeg

#6635 4 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

Does anyone have a good picture of this area? It looks like the previous owner tried to adjust this metal guide so I'm curious if it is in the correct spot.
[quoted image]
Also is this part on top of the post real or does it look to be a custom add-on?
[quoted image]

So that's what a filthy sanctum looks like.....

#6636 4 years ago

Thanks for letting me know how to change the high scores.

#6637 4 years ago

@joelbob

The lower pictures looks like it is installed fine. Don't know why there are the "extra" screw holes for him moving the post... For reference here's a picture of mine with the plastics on... and also with plastics off (but with the inner lane guide removed... though you can see the holes where it would be installed match with your picture).

Shadow-LockArea-WithPlastics (resized).jpgShadow-LockArea-WithPlastics (resized).jpg Shadow-LockArea-WithoutPlastics(but1guideRemoved) (resized).jpgShadow-LockArea-WithoutPlastics(but1guideRemoved) (resized).jpg

Regarding that part over the saucer... my game doesn't have that and I suspect it is not stock. Was it to hold the switch that is normally attached to the ramp guide?

#6638 4 years ago
Quoted from tiesmasc:

joelbob
The lower pictures looks like it is installed fine. Don't know why there are the "extra" screw holes for him moving the post... For reference here's a picture of mine with the plastics on... and also with plastics off (but with the inner lane guide removed... though you can see the holes where it would be installed match with your picture).
[quoted image] [quoted image]
Regarding that part over the saucer... my game doesn't have that and I suspect it is not stock. Was it to hold the switch that is normally attached to the ramp guide?

Thank you!

#6639 4 years ago

Hi guys, I have a question about the upper flipper. How should it be oriented? Should it be sitting flat against the metal ball guide rail? Or sitting off the rail and flush with the plastic that is above it?

I just did a full flipper rebuild. It is now almost impossible to make the Kahn multiball hole. The flippers are strong and screaming fast now, maybe that is just how the game is supposed to play.

Thanks,

#6640 4 years ago
Quoted from Elicash:

Hi guys, I have a question about the upper flipper. How should it be oriented? Should it be sitting flat against the metal ball guide rail? Or sitting off the rail and flush with the plastic that is above it?
I just did a full flipper rebuild. It is now almost impossible to make the Kahn multiball hole. The flippers are strong and screaming fast now, maybe that is just how the game is supposed to play.
Thanks,

It's going to be trial and error.
I've adjusted mine so I can make the shadow loop, or if I shoot the left orbit and hold the right flipper it puts the ball in the khan hole 99% of the time.
Another cool thing is you can also cradle the ball on the upper flipper once the khan hole ejects it out.
Once you get this dialed in it makes the game that much more amazing.

#6641 4 years ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

It's going to be trial and error.
I've adjusted mine so I can make the shadow loop, or if I shoot the left orbit and hold the right flipper it puts the ball in the khan hole 99% of the time.
Another cool thing is you can also cradle the ball on the upper flipper once the khan hole ejects it out.
Once you get this dialed in it makes the game that much more amazing.

Any chance you could snap a pic of your flipper from above?

#6642 4 years ago
Quoted from Elicash:

Any chance you could snap a pic of your flipper from above?

That sounds dirty, but yeah I will post it later

#6643 4 years ago

Here is my flipper orientation.

15790297376603489976081907527026 (resized).jpg15790297376603489976081907527026 (resized).jpg
#6644 4 years ago

Wow, okay interesting. I expected it to be "lower". I will adjust mine to a similar height. Thanks for posting.

Is this a common issue or discussion point? I just joined the club. Seems like there would be a good amount of variety here. Wonder if anyone else can weigh in.

#6645 4 years ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

Here is my flipper orientation.

You can also slightly bend the bracket that the flipper paw rest against to have the bat rest against the side more. This won't affect the up travel of the flipper.

#6646 4 years ago

I always align my top flippers so they don't interfere with a ball rolling over them without flipping (ie: they are part of the orbit, and the ball should return to the bottom flipper if the top flipper isn't flipped). I can snap a pic tonight if we really want to dissect this

#6647 4 years ago
Quoted from isJ:

I always align my top flippers so they don't interfere with a ball rolling over them without flipping (ie: they are part of the orbit, and the ball should return to the bottom flipper if the top flipper isn't flipped). I can snap a pic tonight if we really want to dissect this

Yep totally agree and both Shadow loop and Khan saucer are doable from that position.

#6648 4 years ago
Quoted from isJ:

Would love a pic. Thanks.

Related- seems that earlier WPC games (wh20 comes to mind) would put the handy little alignment hole in the place where you should set the flipper orientation. I believe they were designed so a toothpick in the hole set the location. They must have stopped this by the release of shadow.

#6649 4 years ago

Here's a pic of my flipper held.

Also, with respect to the orbit, it feeds consistently to the left flipper if I do a left orbit shot and let it ride around.
Hope that helps you dial it in. The game flows so well set up like this, I dont believe the Khan hole or shadow loop should be that tough to hit (although hitting 2 or 3 in a row is very tough because of the speed) the mode hole/ex ball shot is already too tight as it is.

15790437858503837468966734949378 (resized).jpg15790437858503837468966734949378 (resized).jpg
#6650 4 years ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

Here is my flipper orientation.[quoted image]

I'd almost consider that cheating--at best, it's not OEM location.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Machine - For Sale
Buffalo, NY
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Aurora, IL
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.
Interactive
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations
Other
Boards
Slap Save Creations
Boards
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits
Electronics
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals
Flipper parts
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
There are 10,922 posts in this topic. You are on page 133 of 219.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-club/page/133?hl=djshakes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.