IMG_0517 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0701 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0513 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1404 (resized).JPEG
IMG_1405 (resized).JPEG
IMG_7706 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,927 posts in this topic. You are on page 132 of 219.
#6551 4 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

Does anyone have clear rubbers with out lit posts? I’d love to see how it looks. I’m thinking cool white gi as well.

My Shadow uses clear rubbers. I have many photos of it in this thread, just search for my posts.

#6552 4 years ago

I was just admiring both of your games, jonesjb and tilt monster. I’m definitely going clear with blue flipper rubber.
Also are those uv in the center inserts?

#6553 4 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

I was just admiring both of your games, jonesjb and tilt monster. I’m definitely going clear with blue flipper rubber.
Also are those uv in the center inserts?

Passion purple 2 SMDs from Comet Pinball.

#6554 4 years ago

My current setup
20190926_204733 (resized).jpg20190926_204733 (resized).jpg20190930_205349 (resized).jpg20190930_205349 (resized).jpg20190921_205959 (resized).jpg20190921_205959 (resized).jpg
I lit every star post (which doesn't show in one of the pics) and removed the stock GI bulbs (pointless to have both). Sunlight GI and pinstadium (sunlight)

#6555 4 years ago

That stupid sanctum sticker still drives me nuts. I have been clearing all my playfields recently and will most likely swap out this playfield with a better and clear.

#6556 4 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

Thx, but just curios, why warm white in the orange/yellow instead of orange and yellow?
I’m not planning on lighting the star posts, but was wondering about clear rubbers. Not sure if they will look good with basic color lighting though

Warm white just looks better for orange/yellow inserts. I would avoid putting color bulbs in the gi since it does wash out artwork and change color tones.

#6557 4 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

My current setup
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
I lit every star post (which doesn't show in one of the pics) and removed the stock GI bulbs (pointless to have both). Sunlight GI and pinstadium (sunlight)

I did a visual breakdown experiment of different star post and star post light combinations. Earlier in this thread.

#6558 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I did a visual breakdown experiment of different star post and star post light combinations. Earlier in this thread.

Cool. Unless the color contrasts too much I only use light blue. They are the best color star post made. My buddy and I always buy them. I think we just cleared out mad amusement of their stock. They only come on star wars I believe but they are the best. My WW, I500, F14, has them. Doing a Congo next but that color doesn't suit the game. I am in hoarding mode now as I don't know when they will be back in stock. I removed the red trough light on WW. Didn't like.
20190109_221136 (resized).jpg20190109_221136 (resized).jpg20190726_175911 (resized).jpg20190726_175911 (resized).jpg20190921_223909 (resized).jpg20190921_223909 (resized).jpg20191119_064724 (resized).jpg20191119_064724 (resized).jpg

#6559 4 years ago

I use clear on all my games....keeps inventory holding costs down....No need to buy 1 orange when it breaks, or stock multiple color replacements.
2 SMD Sunlight, Purple Passion.....Crappy pics I took up there as well....Run the topic photo gallery link.

#6560 4 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

I use color matched 1smd non ghosting in the inserts with varying lens covers and find they work well. I feel the the sunlight and warm white can change the tone of the insert and the same goes for the natural white. Now when we're talking about gi bulbs I'm 100% on board, warm white/sunlight with warm tones and natural white with cool tones.
As for the rubber goes, that's a personal preference but I only use color on the flipper bats, it's trial and error....
[quoted image]

The black flippers look great!

#6561 4 years ago
Quoted from SeaLawyer:

The black flippers look great!

Thank you!

#6562 4 years ago

hello , i have a slight problem with mine : the popper for the mini playfield doesnt eject the ball as it should : sometimes it works fine, sometime the ball doesnt get high enough and falls down again. This repeats several times until the ball manadges to get high enough and gets up to the mini playfield. Any ideas ? thanks alot

#6563 4 years ago
Quoted from gismo31:

hello , i have a slight problem with mine : the popper for the mini playfield doesnt eject the ball as it should : sometimes it works fine, sometime the ball doesnt get high enough and falls down again. This repeats several times until the ball manadges to get high enough and gets up to the mini playfield. Any ideas ? thanks alot

Check the coil bracket hasn’t come loose, try manually moving the coil plunger if it’s doesn’t move freely you may need to swap the coil sleeve (check the coil stop at the same time), on the head of the plunger is a cap to cradle the ball check that it isn’t getting caught on anything and is still attached to the plunger

#6564 4 years ago

Hey Guys,

I have just open my Shadow that has not been used in a few years.. before storing the game would turn off on both or one flipper would be engaged. Some suggested it was a rectifier of which I do not where or what this is. Now the machine will not even start up. Board have steady red light on and some buzzing from the sound..

Any help out there?

20191225_140932 (resized).jpg20191225_140932 (resized).jpg20191225_141002 (resized).jpg20191225_141002 (resized).jpg
#6565 4 years ago
Quoted from Flystoyer:

Hey Guys,
I have just open my Shadow that has not been used in a few years.. before storing the game would turn off on both or one flipper would be engaged. Some suggested it was a rectifier of which I do not where or what this is. Now the machine will not even start up. Board have steady red light on and some buzzing from the sound..
Any help out there?[quoted image][quoted image]

It is a good chance that your power / driver board needs rebuilt. That is the largest board in the backbox. You are correct, It could be a bad bridge rectifier. Those are the 3 square things on that board. It is also likely the capacitors need replaced on that same board. It is an advanced repair. If you're not comfortable, I would recommend sending it in for repair. Before you do that, swap the board with the one in your Indy 500 to prove that is the problem child. Knowing what board is bad is half the battle. Fixing it yourself is about $20 in parts. Sending it in for repair is around $150 and replacing it with a modern replacement is around $300. I use the Coin Op Caldron for my board repairs.

#6566 4 years ago

On my Shadow all the head lights in the back box are out. I don’t have a manual just wondered what connector is responsible for these lights? Not seeing any burnt connectors either..

I checked all the GI fuses and they are good.

#6567 4 years ago

Fixed, just was a loose connection.. lol

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#6568 4 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

On my Shadow all the head lights in the back box are out. I don’t have a manual just wondered what connector is responsible for these lights? Not seeing any burnt connectors either..
I checked all the GI fuses and they are good.

You can download the manual for free. You can just save the PDF or even print a hard copy. You'll need it eventually.

https://www.ipdb.org/files/2528/Manual_Bally_1994_The_Shadow.pdf

#6569 4 years ago

Looking for a front cabinet decal, anyone have one?

#6570 4 years ago

Hey there fellow "Shadowist"--I am looking to get my game back together as It will not start--all board led are lit with no flashing. Upon moving the game, sometimes the game would shut down at flipper engagements.. I was told it was issues with a rectifier of which I do not know what this is?

Can anyone help on this topic and walk me through a series of test to find the issues.. Also looking to LED install in the ready that I am eager to get started on but need to the game to be operational.. This is my keeper!

Warm Regards,

Fly-(Jeffrey)

20191225_140932 (resized).jpg20191225_140932 (resized).jpg20191225_141002 (resized).jpg20191225_141002 (resized).jpg
#6571 4 years ago

Hey guys, I noticed I started a thread earlier and mad dog answered some good advise ... Keep them coming please.. Any way to test the board with an Addam family board? Indy is in another location, but could to that in a pinch..

I am pretty handy and can learn to board solder, I have the skill and the tools just have never done and happy to learn.

#6572 4 years ago
Quoted from Flystoyer:

Hey there fellow "Shadowist"--I am looking to get my game back together as It will not start--all board led are lit with no flashing. Upon moving the game, sometimes the game would shut down at flipper engagements.. I was told it was issues with a rectifier of which I do not know what this is?
Can anyone help on this topic and walk me through a series of test to find the issues.. Also looking to LED install in the ready that I am eager to get started on but need to the game to be operational.. This is my keeper!
Warm Regards,
Fly-(Jeffrey)[quoted image][quoted image]

Top led should be off after bootup. The middle one should be flashing. The bottom should stay on. Here is info I found online:

D19 – Blanking,
D20 – Diagnostic
D21 – +5VDC

D19 – At game turn on, this should be on for appx 3 seconds, then should go out AND STAY OUT! This indicates that the blanking circuit is disabled and therefore the machine cannot energise solenoids etc.
D20 – After D19 has gone out, this should stay flashing permanently while the game is on. This indicates (when flashing continuously that the CPU is running)
D21 – This should always be on. This indicates that the 5VDC power is on the CPU board.

Not sure what it means if top two stay on. Wouldn't hurt to reseat ribbon cables and check all fuses. You do have a burnt connector on J120 but believe that is part of your gi. You have any bulbs out?

The "shut down at flipper engagements" is a reset issue common on wpc games. There was a good website to step through diagnostics for this issue but forget what it was. If anything, you can send the boards out for service.

#6573 4 years ago

I'd suggest working on why the MPU status LEDs aren't correct (the reset issue associated with the flippers can be looked at later). First thing would be to reseat your connectors (with the machine turned off) - the ribbon cable connections on all boards in the backbox, as well as connectors J101, J102, J114 on the power driver board and J210 on the MPU board.

I also noticed that LED2 on the Power Driver Board is off (but should be on).

#6574 4 years ago

Hey Guys,

You are great, it is true~~~All pinball people are the best in helping each other...

Ok, now to get to work and will get back to you. Thank for the first step guidanceances..

#6575 4 years ago

Hey Guys,

All good news, machine is working well.. Thanks to you and the suggestions--loose wire and some fuses to be checked.. Now going into the full LED transformation. I have been waiting for 5 years now to get this done!

Help to have a few new kids to help and enjoy with motivation to boot!

#6576 4 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Check the coil bracket hasn’t come loose, try manually moving the coil plunger if it’s doesn’t move freely you may need to swap the coil sleeve (check the coil stop at the same time), on the head of the plunger is a cap to cradle the ball check that it isn’t getting caught on anything and is still attached to the plunger

did check : I totally dissambled the popper assembly . everything's fine... coil is correct one also. any other ideas ?

FOUND : the j-107 connector didnt work fine ! Cleanded it with contact spray and now it's fine !

#6577 4 years ago
Quoted from gismo31:

did check : I totally dissambled the popper assembly . everything's fine... coil is correct one also. any other ideas ?
FOUND : the j-107 connector didnt work fine ! Cleanded it with contact spray and now it's fine !

Try taking a slow motion video with your phone when the vuk is trying to kick the ball up onto the mini-PF - this may give you a clue as to what is happening. For example maybe the wireform and vuk are misaligned so the ball is losing momentum hitting, rattling or dragging on the wireform

#6578 4 years ago

I’m in the club. As is, it’s in great shape. But, I plan a full restore. CPR Playfield swap and new Mantis ramps. Anything else you all recommend I do? Any place in US for replating wire frames?

Thanks,
Stan

AA2EF2F6-89E1-4EA3-8938-8316E94D57BD (resized).jpegAA2EF2F6-89E1-4EA3-8938-8316E94D57BD (resized).jpegA1D7B151-4A3C-4959-BD7A-AA91E3C2FCB1 (resized).jpegA1D7B151-4A3C-4959-BD7A-AA91E3C2FCB1 (resized).jpeg2F960BD6-5005-447C-9C7B-890B7C06D550 (resized).jpeg2F960BD6-5005-447C-9C7B-890B7C06D550 (resized).jpeg648558D4-FD68-4FBE-86DC-1FEA75A34C48 (resized).jpeg648558D4-FD68-4FBE-86DC-1FEA75A34C48 (resized).jpegA3DF35EE-46FD-4926-B806-A0814B3231BA (resized).jpegA3DF35EE-46FD-4926-B806-A0814B3231BA (resized).jpegE4BBC996-5756-42CC-AFB2-2DC790A289B6 (resized).jpegE4BBC996-5756-42CC-AFB2-2DC790A289B6 (resized).jpeg
#6579 4 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

Anything else you all recommend I do?

Swap games with me before you do all that work.

On a serious note, see if Grumpy is still selling his mini-playfield light mod. It's cool and useful.

#6580 4 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

I’m in the club. As is, it’s in great shape. But, I plan a full restore. CPR Playfield swap and new Mantis ramps. Anything else you all recommend I do? Any place in US for replating wire frames?
Thanks,
Stan[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The wood gun grips are nice.

#6581 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Where can I get the wood grain grip?

Thanks,
Stan

#6582 4 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Swap games with me before you do all that work.
On a serious note, see if Grumpy is still selling his mini-playfield light mod. It's cool and useful.

Who sells the what now? Do you have a link?

Also that game looks very nice. Why even bother doing all that to it? Just play it. Plenty of time for that later. Boggles my mind when people have nice playable games and are like “planning on dropping 2k+ into it” right away. I get it if its a beater, but not a nice looking player.

#6583 4 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Also that game looks very nice. Why even bother doing all that to it? Just play it. Plenty of time for that later. Boggles my mind when people have nice playable games and are like “planning on dropping 2k+ into it” right away. I get it if its a beater, but not a nice looking player.

Right. Games looks fantastic in those pics. Is there something wrong with the playfield? Why replace playfield, ramps, and parts and struggle to get everything playing right if everything is good from the start? If the sanctum has heavy wear, I would just focus on fixing that area and save money for another game. It's going to cost thousands and still not be worth much more than a nice player Shadow.

#6584 4 years ago

Go back to post #3357 and you will see what RCA1 is talking about.

#6587 4 years ago

Genius, very nice mod... interested.

#6588 4 years ago

Yep, I'm crazy! As you can see, I only have 4 pins (the "hole" is for GOTG premium coming next week). I've played and owned most of the top pins and even in this line up, I like Shadow the best. I also like to restore pins. So, yes, I plan to add $1.5-2K to make this a beauty. I have already ordered CPR playfield/plastics/mini-playfield. That cost $900. Mantis ramps, another $150ish. Got Phurba Dagger pair from Little Shop of Games for $35. And, as I restore, I will rebuild all mechs. Half the fun in this hobby, at least for me, is fixing them. But, I do play a lot as well.

#6589 4 years ago

Oh ya, nice. Id be in.

Quoted from tiltmonster:

Genius, very nice mod... interested.

I can still make these if you like one. PM me if you do.

#6591 4 years ago

You guys with the grumpy mod, how many seconds delay did you do and do you still like it that amount of time or would you change it?

Any pics of the Comet lights you used?

Thx!!

#6592 4 years ago

You guys with the grumpy mod, how many seconds delay did you do and do you still like it that amount of time or would you change it?
Any pics of the Comet lights you used?
Thx!!

Really? You guys were all about telling me about this and now no one will share theirs? Lol

#6593 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

The Shadow (character) has pearl or ivory inlay grips on his guns. I like the look of the wood ones but it would bother the comic fan in me.

#6594 4 years ago

Really? You guys were all about telling me about this and now no one will share theirs? Lol

I am interested in one of these as well

#6595 4 years ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

I am interested in one of these as well

Hit up GRUMPY bro, im all setup. Hes a good dude.

#6596 4 years ago

HI,

Was there a guide here somewhere how to light up the battlefield with an LED - Strip only when the Battlefield is active ? Been looking but am a bit lost..

Thanks
Matt

#6597 4 years ago
Quoted from Flippermatt:

HI,
Was there a guide here somewhere how to light up the battlefield with an LED - Strip only when the Battlefield is active ? Been looking but am a bit lost..
Thanks
Matt

Bro, weve literally just had this convo. Ive already ordered. Look up at the last few posts. Theres a video, and info from others.

#6598 4 years ago
Quoted from isJ:

In reference to an earlier post: ball is getting stuck here pretty frequently. Maybe a leveling issue?[quoted image]

Hangup problem is still around after adjusting the plastic in the bottom side of the ramp. I am thinking the ball is supposed to roll differently off the clear plastic above the ramp? My plastic is straight, should it be angled somehow/is the ball supposed to drop from the battlefield to the wireform?

7824a23eb3f068226bc6527f930c55878edf9570 (resized).jpg7824a23eb3f068226bc6527f930c55878edf9570 (resized).jpg
#6599 4 years ago

@zrbrt

When I was fixing my magnet area I removed everything from topside and took some pictures. Here's what the plastic looked like on mine.
Shadow-BF-Plastic-00 (resized).pngShadow-BF-Plastic-00 (resized).png

and FYI: I rarely (maybe never??) have the ball drop down and then end up on the ramp. Usually falls into the left orbit.

#6600 4 years ago
Quoted from isJ:

Hangup problem is still around after adjusting the plastic in the bottom side of the ramp. I am thinking the ball is supposed to roll differently off the clear plastic above the ramp? My plastic is straight, should it be angled somehow/is the ball supposed to drop from the battlefield to the wireform?[quoted image]

Wow! Ym g

Quoted from tiesmasc:

zrbrt
When I was fixing my magnet area I removed everything from topside and took some pictures. Here's what the plastic looked like on mine.
[quoted image]
and FYI: I rarely (maybe never??) have the ball drop down and then end up on the ramp. Usually falls into the left orbit.

Hmmmm...so weird that my ball got hung up there the other night too. Im not sure if it was the plastic or not, Ill look closer if it happens again. I had to shake the crap out of the game to get it loose.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

5,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tucson, AZ
$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 37.50
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Buffalo, NY
€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

5,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Thornton, CO
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

7,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hamilton, ON
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

There are 10,927 posts in this topic. You are on page 132 of 219.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-club/page/132?hl=pinasco and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.