Topic Stats

• 6,521 posts
  • 550 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by Elicash
  • Topic is favorited by 183 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,720 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20191208_194048 (resized).jpg
20191207_222439 (resized).jpg
armature-staked (resized).jpg
armature-loose (resized).jpg
terminal-crimp (resized).jpg
9585A586-ABF3-40DF-9C45-D87EECF62F76.jpeg
20191207_171446 (resized).jpg
shadow (resized).png
IMG_20191128_085228 (resized).jpg
6BF1F4D7-1AEC-4149-B7D9-F8C7E0FF3912 (resized).jpeg
07B5FF77-D083-491F-B2D0-E2265BADE01B (resized).jpeg
D2C0D758-F9D5-4430-B74E-AA2DCCD26058 (resized).jpeg
SW_02 (2) (resized).jpg
0D8E8B02-5CDD-4059-8C30-31C7B1A30CCC.jpeg
cityscape decal (resized).jpg
playfield lights 1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6521 posts in this topic. You are on page 129 of 131.
#6401 29 days ago

Got it! Thank you Mad_Dog!

#6402 29 days ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

Hi guys, I had 25 of these made as I made a run of airball protectors. I'll throw an ad up. $18 shipped. Don't plan on making more unless demand is high, demand is low I'll drop the price. It was more of a novelty to make them and I wanted one in my machine that was engraved.
[quoted image]

Looks nice. Where does it go?

#6403 29 days ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Looks nice. Where does it go?

It's to mount the ramp switch in the extended position, as discussed previously in this thread.
Eliminates the issue of the ball blowing past the switch without registering.
Not really what I think of as an airball protector, but not sure what else you would call it.

#6404 29 days ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

Hi guys, I had 25 of these made as I made a run of airball protectors. I'll throw an ad up. $18 shipped. Don't plan on making more unless demand is high, demand is low I'll drop the price. It was more of a novelty to make them and I wanted one in my machine that was engraved.
[quoted image]

Where does it go?

#6405 29 days ago
Quoted from RCA1:Not really what I think of as an airball protector, but not sure what else you would call it.

Shadow ramp switch extender

#6406 29 days ago
Quoted from RCA1:

It's to mount the ramp switch in the extended position, as discussed previously in this thread.
Eliminates the issue of the ball blowing past the switch without registering.
Not really what I think of as an airball protector, but not sure what else you would call it.

Sorry, I make airball protectors for Indiana Jones and tales from crypt. I just made a run and so had guy make these as well. Yes, they are switch extenders.

#6407 28 days ago

Post of a picture of it installed, thanks.

#6408 28 days ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Post of a picture of it installed, thanks.

This was one I hand made before having the laser cut and engraved.
ba4746b072d5ceb0223f6321a72e224abcafbd7b (resized).jpg

Link to buy.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/87645

#6409 28 days ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

This was one I hand made before having the laser cut and engraved.
[quoted image]
Link to buy.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/87645

Done!

#6410 28 days ago

Just been offered one of these in fantastic condition for $2000 with a 2 hour commute, should i go?

#6411 28 days ago
Quoted from Heypresto86:

Just been offered one of these in fantastic condition for $2000 with a 2 hour commute, should i go?

Uhhhhh duh.

#6412 28 days ago

sorry this is all still new to me.haha

#6413 28 days ago
Quoted from Heypresto86:

you should already be half way there

#6414 28 days ago
Quoted from Heypresto86:

If you make more than $500 an hour, waste of your time.

#6415 28 days ago
Quoted from Heypresto86:

Is that a lot where you live? In the states it’s an amazing deal

#6416 28 days ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Is that a lot where you live? In the states it’s an amazing deal

Yeh, that's about half of what you'd pay in the US for one in nice condition.

#6417 28 days ago

Ok it’s a done deal, collecting it tomorrow now. No it’s not a lot of money at all. Will upload some pics tomorrow

#6418 28 days ago

Battlefield plastic in rough shape. Any ideas on options? I can try to repair because spares do not seem to be out there.

79147C0A-4AE6-4C03-9516-2E4CE8ADB630 (resized).jpeg
#6419 23 days ago

Hello All! I just picked up Shadow this weekend and I am absolutely loving it. Can;t wait to read through all the past posts. The one I picked up is completely stock so I will probably be asking for suggestions Happy to join the club!

#6420 23 days ago
Quoted from MG7322:

Battlefield plastic in rough shape. Any ideas on options? I can try to repair because spares do not seem to be out there.[quoted image]

These are currently being made. See previous posts.

94BB8972-A47A-47CF-8169-CCD27ECA364F (resized).png
#6421 23 days ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

These are currently being made. See previous posts.[quoted image]

I wish they were being made. He is between runs. I tried to get on the list but there isn’t an ETA on the next run as of yet.

#6422 23 days ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

I wish they were being made. He is between runs. I tried to get on the list but there isn’t an ETA on the next run as of yet.

I hope he makes more for those of you who wanted one and didn't get one because it's even better looking in person than my photo shows. I'd say it's worth the wait if you can hold out, good luck

#6423 23 days ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

I hope he makes more for those of you who wanted one and didn't get one because it's even better looking in person than my photo shows. I'd say it's worth the wait if you can hold out, good luck

I guess I should hold onto my spare.

#6424 23 days ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

Or you could sell it to me.

#6425 23 days ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

have some made, I would rather have a plastic one.

Got your switch extender today. Looks fantastic!! thanks

#6426 23 days ago

What list do I get on? Would like to be in the next run.

#6427 23 days ago

Or you could sell it to me.

Make me an offer I can't refuse. I'll have to look at the condition. I know it isn't perfect. I bought a ton of shadow parts from someone for a very reasonable price. I got an entire populated upper playfield, Both Divertor mechs, Phurbas, and some other stuff. I was stoked because they are unobtainium.

#6428 23 days ago
Quoted from woody76:

have some made, I would rather have a plastic one.
Got your switch extender today. Looks fantastic!! thanks

Thanks, I have about 18 left I think.

#6429 23 days ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

Looks like a great idea. Somebody cut my wires to that switch and re-attached so not enough slack to reach the switch if i installed one tho.

#6430 22 days ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

Looks like a great idea. Somebody cut my wires to that switch and re-attached so not enough slack to reach the switch if i installed one tho.

I would add wire. Simple. Game sucks without it. Making that shot and not registering during critical moments. Game killer.

#6431 22 days ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

I would add wire. Simple. Game sucks without it. Making that shot and not registering during critical moments. Game killer.

I will see what I can do. Rarely do I play the machine in any sort of competition but when I do, I never aim for that shot, other less-risk ways to get points. Unless x-tra ball is a skillshot..those are awesome.

#6432 21 days ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

I will see what I can do. Rarely do I play the machine in any sort of competition but when I do, I never aim for that shot, other less-risk ways to get points. Unless x-tra ball is a skillshot..those are awesome.

So you never do vengeance/super vengeance then?

#6433 21 days ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

Soon...I cant buy anything until after xmas at this point. This is first on my list though. Ive noticed the skipped switch a lot now.

#6434 21 days ago

We've got the switch extenders too, $12 shipped. Yeah, it's not engraved, but these are not really visible from the players perspective and it works 100% of the time. Nice to have choices, buy whichever you like, but I would bet if you don't have an extender and have the switch in the stock position, you are not registering shots every time, it's not a great design to put the switch there. So get one of them.

https://lermods.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fshadow-left-ramp-switch-bracket

#6435 20 days ago
Quoted from Lermods:

We've got the switch extenders too, $12 shipped. Yeah, it's not engraved, but these are not really visible from the players perspective and it works 100% of the time. Nice to have choices, buy whichever you like, but I would bet if you don't have an extender and have the switch in the stock position, you are not registering shots every time, it's not a great design to put the switch there. So get one of them.
https://lermods.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fshadow-left-ramp-switch-bracket

I like the look of this one and just ordered. I’d rather the item be subtle, I don’t need ‘The Shadow’ written on it. I got it, I’m playing Shadow, I don’t need to be reminded at every possible opportunity.

#6436 20 days ago

Anyone install the ramp protectors from Pinball Life? Just wonder how they look installed. Think they are useful? Thanks.

#6437 20 days ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Anyone install the ramp protectors from Pinball Life? Just wonder how they look installed. Think they are useful? Thanks.

Do you mean the two pieces of plastic that cover the ramps? If so the are totally necessary to keep the ball from going airborne plus add some structural integrity.

#6438 20 days ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I like the look of this one and just ordered. I’d rather the item be subtle, I don’t need ‘The Shadow’ written on it. I got it, I’m playing Shadow, I don’t need to be reminded at every possible opportunity.

I hear you, but the LERmods one kinda looks like a car reflector to me. Id like to see it in person. The other one looks totally clear other than the writing.

Its a hard choice.

#6439 20 days ago

Put the translucent PinballLife coin rejects on a NOS coin door with the custom reject decals I posted a while back.
Now I just need to get my gun plated!

IMG_20191122_232936 (resized).jpg
#6440 19 days ago

Can you buy the cheap Shadow promo topper anywhere? Thanks.

#6441 19 days ago

Do you mean the two pieces of plastic that cover the ramps? If so the are totally necessary to keep the ball from going airborne plus add some structural integrity.

Yes, exactly. I just ordered them. I figured for $10, no loss. I was just wondering if the plastic film is noticeable when installed on the ramps and playfield. Thanks.

#6442 19 days ago
Quoted from dudah:

Put the translucent PinballLife coin rejects on a NOS coin door with the custom reject decals I posted a while back.
Now I just need to get my gun plated![quoted image]

Are these the stern buttons? I dont see a wpc in green.

#6443 19 days ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Are these the stern buttons? I dont see a wpc in green.

Read the post, they're translucent WPC repros from Pinball Life with green LED's in there.

#6444 19 days ago

I hear you, but the LERmods one kinda looks like a car reflector to me. Id like to see it in person. The other one looks totally clear other than the writing.
Its a hard choice.

I ordered one and will report back.

#6445 19 days ago

sealawyer reached out to ask about my bulb configuration in the backbox. For reference, I used 2SMD Comet bulbs and followed the configuration on this post by smiley. I went and found the post so it's easily available:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-club/page/23#post-1931151

Shadow (resized).jpgShadow 3 (resized).jpgShadow 2 (resized).jpg
#6446 19 days ago

So you never do vengeance/super vengeance then?

I don't aim for that no. If it happens, I will sometimes try to complete it. Its not like the switch Never works. Maybe one time outa 15 it doesn't. Just saying that if you are competing against somebody, there are easier ways to earn points.

#6447 19 days ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

sealawyer reached out to ask about my bulb configuration in the backbox. For reference, I used 2SMD Comet bulbs and followed the configuration on this post by smiley. I went and found the post so it's easily available:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-club/page/23#post-1931151[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Interesting! I thought the color looked similar to smiley’s, but yours didn’t look as bright. Was thinking they might be 1SMDs.

I’m a big fan of PinStadiums—have them on several of my machines. My chief niggle with them was the striping effect on the ramps, which Chris solved with the Omegas. I ordered a set from his first batch but haven’t installed them yet. I was planning to put them on STTNG.

My thought on TS is that since the universe is darker (film noir-ish), it might be better as a darker game (with your perfect distribution of added color). So I figured I wouldn’t add PS lighting to it. Seeing yours now (other than the striping), it looks even better than before, and yours was already the nicest looking TS on Pinside! I might divert the Omegas from STTNG to TS after I completely ripoff your LED scheme for my TS. Hmmm...

#6448 19 days ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-club/page/23#post-1931151[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

If you don't mind drilling out another hole in the backbox and adding another socket, a comet "fire" bulb looks behind the latern.

#6449 19 days ago
Quoted from dudah:

Read the post, they're translucent WPC repros from Pinball Life with green LED's in there.

#6450 19 days ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

If you don't mind drilling out another hole in the backbox and adding another socket, a comet "fire" bulb looks behind the latern.

I actually have a slow blinker behind the lantern.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 13.00
Playfields
Lermods
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
Boards
PCB Emporium
$ 12.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
3,600 (Firm)
Sale Pending!
Suffield, CT
There are 6521 posts in this topic. You are on page 129 of 131.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside