IMG_0517 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0701 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0513 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1404 (resized).JPEG
IMG_1405 (resized).JPEG
IMG_7706 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,927 posts in this topic. You are on page 126 of 219.
#6251 4 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

If the machine thinks there is an issue with the mini PF then it'll keep the drop target up to stop the ball going into the VUK and up to the Battlefield.
Have you tested the mini PF in test mode? Does the kicker move right and left at the start of the test and then can you move it right & left with the flipper buttons? This will help determine if the issue is with the motor than moves the kicker or not

Looks like the bracket is broken that holds the rods for kicker to move left and right.
Is there a replacement or just weld it? Thanks

#6252 4 years ago
Quoted from t2:

Looks like the bracket is broken that holds the rods for kicker to move left and right.

if anyone has a replacement it is probably Marco

#6253 4 years ago
Quoted from t2:

also, pinwow on pinside is parting out a Shadow and I believe he still has the battlefield parts

#6254 4 years ago
Quoted from t2:

Might struggle to find that as a replacement, more likely you find a used one - there's a whole kicker assembly for sale for $180

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/82225

#6255 4 years ago

Sounds like I have to try and weld it.
I'm having trouble getting it over the gear. Maybe just tired and hot so I'll try again tomorrow.
Any tricks or info to make it easy?

#6256 4 years ago

So currently none of my playfield flashers work but my backbox flashers do. What is crazy is the backbox flashers fire on the same solenoid as a few of the playfield flashers so I don’t think it is a driver issue as none of them would work. I’m pretty confident that it isn’t a fuse as I checked every one. Thoughts?

#6257 4 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

So currently none of my playfield flashers work but my backbox flashers do. What is crazy is the backbox flashers fire on the same solenoid as a few of the playfield flashers so I don’t think it is a driver issue as none of them would work. I’m pretty confident that it isn’t a fuse as I checked every one. Thoughts?

with a meter? your eyes are worthless.

#6258 4 years ago

Sorry I forgot to update. I'm an idiot and it turns out that every single playfield flasher was burnt out...

#6259 4 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

Sorry I forgot to update. I'm an idiot and it turns out that every single playfield flasher was burnt out...

You're not an idiot, since you figured it out.
Easy problems are sometimes the most difficult to diagnose.
Glad you're fixed up.

#6260 4 years ago

I have an extra Aurich alternative The Shadow translite. The Shadow I bought came with one so I no longer need the one that I purchased. Message me if your interested.

#6261 4 years ago
Quoted from pincrazzzy:

I have an extra Aurich alternative The Shadow translite. The Shadow I bought came with one so I no longer need the one that I purchased. Message me if your interested.

Sent ya a pm

#6262 4 years ago

If anyone needs the original Alec Baldwin trans light, I have one.

#6263 4 years ago

Mirror blades or art blades for The Shadow? I just bought Pinstadiums and need to figure out which “blades” to get before I attract them. Thoughts?

#6264 4 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

Mirror blades or art blades for The Shadow? I just bought Pinstadiums and need to figure out which “blades” to get before I attract them. Thoughts?

Neither... well, maybe I'm the only one but I think the black sides are perfect.

#6265 4 years ago

I have art blades and wish I did mirror. Especially with pinstadiums because the pinstadiums cover up a lot of the art on mine. I have the ones with the shadow character on each side.

#6266 4 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

Gold mirror blades look sick.

#6267 4 years ago

Began working on the shop job on two of my Shadows this weekend.

IMG_1118 (resized).jpgIMG_1118 (resized).jpgIMG_1101 (resized).JPGIMG_1101 (resized).JPG
#6268 4 years ago

best target decals for shadow? who has them?

#6269 4 years ago

I like the LED job, not a fan of the silver sides and back.

#6270 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

These are on Ebay.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#6272 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

These are on Ebay.[quoted image]

I bought these, and was disappointed to see they looked different from the pictures. I was really hoping to see "TOP-NOTCH TARGETSHIELDS" written on the artwork, but sadly it was missing from the product

#6273 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

I know who has the best wall cityscape decal, just sayin'.

#6274 4 years ago

I have those decals on one of the Shadows and I think they're a nice touch.

The cityscape background also adds a nice look to that empty back area. I bought one for my first Shadow and then scanned it & printed it out for my other Shadow.

#6275 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I bought these, and was disappointed to see they looked different from the pictures. I was really hoping to see "TOP-NOTCH TARGETSHIELDS" written on the artwork, but sadly it was missing from the product

I woudnt disagree with your experience on these, mine, for maybe 20 different games over the years, this vendor out performed the others.

In any case, choice is good.

#6276 4 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

I went with black mirror blades and they look fantastic.

#6277 4 years ago

For those who haven't seen this tread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-big-is-too-big-for-a-dmd-
If you have the LED version of a ColorDMD you can buy bigger panels. I love them. Pics don't do it justice.

IMG_8136 (resized).jpegIMG_8136 (resized).jpeg
#6278 4 years ago

Here is some video for you.

#6279 4 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

For those who haven't seen this tread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-big-is-too-big-for-a-dmd-
If you have the LED version of a ColorDMD you can buy bigger panels. I love them. Pics don't do it justice.[quoted image]

pretty cool, do the speakers still sit behind it??

#6280 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

pretty cool, do the speakers still sit behind it??

Correct. The panels are held on with magnetic standoffs so the sound just comes out around the edges of the display. I just turned it up a few clicks and it sounds good to me!

#6281 4 years ago

Perfect idea if also still using the original speaker panel plastic and translite.

#6282 4 years ago
Quoted from t2:

Here's one if you are still looking - think it may be the same one that was posted previously but now with the motor removed, so the price might be more to your liking

ebay.com link: Bally The Shadow pinball machine Battlefield kicker assembly Rare Spare Parts

#6283 4 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

If you have the LED version of a ColorDMD you can buy bigger panels. I love them. Pics don't do it justice.[quoted image]

This may cost me some more money.

#6284 4 years ago

So, the brick back wall goes down right when I turn on the machine. It should go up or stay up. I tested it in the coil test and it goes up and down fine. Any ideas what could be wrong? Also, when I turn the machine on, I get an error message saying wall target down and wall target bad/check coil.

#6285 4 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

So, the brick back wall goes down right when I turn on the machine. It should go up or stay up. I tested it in the coil test and it goes up and down fine. Any ideas what could be wrong? Also, when I turn the machine on, I get an error message saying wall target down and wall target bad/check coil.

Check the switch on the drop target. Its probably not detected the wall is down.

#6286 4 years ago

Great idea. Thanks!!!

#6287 4 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

Here is some video for you.

That is cool. Hopefully color dmd sees this and designs and plug n play version.

#6288 4 years ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

Check the switch on the drop target. Its probably not detected the wall is down.

Yup, likely the switch needs adjustment or replacement.

#6289 4 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

I think I had the same problem previously. For some reason I recall it may relate to a fuse. Maybe check my old posts as I may have posted something on this before. Thanks.

#6290 4 years ago

It was the switch. It wasn’t soldered. Thanks fellas!!

#6291 4 years ago

Does anyone have an extra left ramp clear plastic? Or an Aurlich translite they would sell? Thank you.

#6292 4 years ago

People with Pinstadiums... which flasher did you connect yours to?

#6293 4 years ago

Anyone know if a darker decal is made? This looks so stupid. How could they get the color this wrong. I'm thinking of having some made if this is the best out there.

image-20190926_162228 (resized).jpgimage-20190926_162228 (resized).jpg
#6294 4 years ago

Any one have the alternative speaker panel ...I have the alternative translite but need the alternative speaker panel ..

#6295 4 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

Anyone know if a darker decal is made? This looks so stupid. How could they get the color this wrong. I'm thinking of having some made if this is the best out there.[quoted image]

I feel the same, I made my own years ago, but no longer have the art. I matched it pretty close using a pantone color book. Was one of the cool greys I think.

#6296 4 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

Anyone know if a darker decal is made? This looks so stupid. How could they get the color this wrong. I'm thinking of having some made if this is the best out there.[quoted image]

This is a near perfect match - https://plaidonline.com/products/apple-barrel-colors-country-grey-2-oz

Check this also https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shadow-sanctum-repair-2017

I put the green dot on and love it

#6297 4 years ago
Quoted from spikelou2:

Any one have the alternative speaker panel ...I have the alternative translite but need the alternative speaker panel ..

I needed one also. You can tell Aurich and he'll keep you on a list if he ever does another run. I put up an ad and got lucky and found one from a Pinsider.

#6298 4 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

Hmmm, I wonder if it would be worth creating a decal to go over the light blue plastic at the back, it seems like a random color. Something like that would go with my cityscape decal or a red side wall.

#6299 4 years ago

I would like to do this too but my lettering is messed up at the bottom.

Honestly, I am strongly considering making a plastic mod like I did my airball mods. Let me know what you all think of this (i'm not sure it can be done but you never know). Might not be worth the hassle.

Imagine a plastic mod shaped just like the decal, color matched as close as possible, lettering printed on. It would be slightly thinner than a credit card and rigid. Adhesive on the backside. I would shave both ends for a smooth transition. You could simply adhere and be done, no body filler, jb weld, sanding etc.

I got the idea because I am using a credit card until I get this patched. The bondo I used must have reacted with the heat from the magnet and it caused it to lift under the decal. I had to remove it all after I applied the decal in the image above. The sanctum wasn't working again as the ball just fell down. The surface must be perfectly smooth as you know. So I am back to square one. I planned on replacing the sticker because it stuck out like a sore thumb. The individual who sold it to me on ebay is very cooperative and making a few darker versions for me to see which one matches best and he can then sell a more accurate product. The credit card works fine but the edge does cause the ball to jump and hit the plastic above.

Imagine a product in which you never had to patch, just apply and be done. Think it would sell?

#6300 4 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

I would like to do this too but my lettering is messed up at the bottom.
Honestly, I am strongly considering making a plastic mod like I did my airball mods. Let me know what you all think of this (i'm not sure it can be done but you never know). Might not be worth the hassle.
Imagine a plastic mod shaped just like the decal, color matched as close as possible, lettering printed on. It would be slightly thinner than a credit card and rigid. Adhesive on the backside. I would shave both ends for a smooth transition. You could simply adhere and be done, no body filler, jb weld, sanding etc.
I got the idea because I am using a credit card until I get this patched. The bondo I used must have reacted with the heat from the magnet and it caused it to lift under the decal. I had to remove it all after I applied the decal in the image above. The sanctum wasn't working again as the ball just fell down. The surface must be perfectly smooth as you know. So I am back to square one. I planned on replacing the sticker because it stuck out like a sore thumb. The individual who sold it to me on ebay is very cooperative and making a few darker versions for me to see which one matches best and he can then sell a more accurate product. The credit card works fine but the edge does cause the ball to jump and hit the plastic above.
Imagine a product in which you never had to patch, just apply and be done. Think it would sell?

I did this also, had about 40 of them made and gVe them away years ago. It worked perfect for bad sanctum areas and I matched the grey pretty close. I just put a couple strips of double sided tape on the back.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Boards
Slap Save Creations

€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Buffalo, NY
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Aurora, IL
€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 37.50
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,927 posts in this topic. You are on page 126 of 219.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-club/page/126?hl=manny65 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.