IMG_0517 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0701 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0513 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1404 (resized).JPEG
IMG_1405 (resized).JPEG
IMG_7706 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,927 posts in this topic. You are on page 125 of 219.
#6201 4 years ago
Quoted from Twister:

No, 130€ with shipping to US
But I can't promise if I can hold the price with another plating company.

Wow, great price then. I sent message a while back saying I'm in on one.

#6202 4 years ago
Quoted from Twister:

No, 130€ with shipping to US
But I can't promise if I can hold the price with another plating company.

Twister is that a decal on the front or did you screen print that on?

#6203 4 years ago

It is a decal

#6204 4 years ago

But not a cheap vinyl decal, it is a laser engraved metal decal

#6205 4 years ago
Quoted from Twister:

But not a cheap vinyl decal, it is a laser engraved metal decal

looks great.

#6206 4 years ago

def put me on the list, prob need 2 of them.

#6207 4 years ago
Quoted from Johncare07:

Any ideas on why the battlefield is not operating correctly? The kicker fires sometimes but won’t move right??

Breaks inside the wires causing intermittent shorts or bad opto or optos.

#6208 4 years ago

I would like to be on the list too!

#6209 4 years ago

Just got my Shadow powder coated by Robertstone0407

Gloss black with purple. Not sure anyone has done this combination before, but I'm happy with the result.

IMG_1945 (resized).jpgIMG_1945 (resized).jpgIMG_1946 (resized).jpgIMG_1946 (resized).jpg
#6210 4 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

Just got my Shadow powder coated by robertstone0407
Gloss black with purple. Not sure anyone has done this combination before, but I'm happy with the result.[quoted image][quoted image]

looks good, the red legs on that Getaway look great

#6211 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

looks good, the red legs on that Getaway look great

Thanks, somehow I was able to find an original getaway with almost no cabinet fade. Really pops with those legs.

#6212 4 years ago
Quoted from Twister:

Before I get a lot of private messages, here is the current status.
I get the most parts from first run back from chrome plating.
I am actually shipping these parts. First People who are on my list for first run have get a message.
3 parts I have here without chrome plating. With these parts I will go to a local plating company. If this company do good work for a good price, I ship this 3 more parts, and then I start a second new list.
Unfortunately there was an accident with some parts. They have fallen from the hook into the sink in the electroplating, and lay there unnoticed for a few days. So I have not enough parts.
Sascha

Hey Twister,
When you do have some, I'm keen to purchase one.
Stuie B

#6213 4 years ago

So I had this idea for a mod I wanted to make, but have been very busy lately with a number of projects. I recently saw @tmezel’s work on mods for the new Jurassic Park which look stellar, and have no doubt a company like Mezel Mods would do a great job.

Basically the idea is for a old radio, (Shadow blue or purple) sits over the mode shot, and lights up in sync with the “Start Scene” insert... Kind of similar to the Twilight Zone slot machine, and thematically it works with the Art Deco pulp world.

Here is a mock up sketch I did, hoping someone can pick up this idea (@tmezel, thoughts?). What do you guys think, would there be interest in this club?
3E6DCB22-996B-4814-9B7F-C20398EF2EFC (resized).jpeg3E6DCB22-996B-4814-9B7F-C20398EF2EFC (resized).jpeg

#6214 4 years ago

Anyone have some used plastics they want to sell? They don’t have to be perfect but hopefully better than the very broken set I have. I can buy new if I need to but happy to go used if possible.

#6215 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Basically the idea is for a old radio, (Shadow blue or purple) sits over the mode shot, and lights up in sync with the “Start Scene” insert... Kind of similar to the Twilight Zone slot machine, and thematically it works with the Art Deco pulp world.

I think this is a fantastic idea. I'll bet there is a small toy radio model somewhere that would fit?

#6216 4 years ago

Tech question-

Just noticed today an issue- and I'm not sure how long its been present-

When I launch the ball, if I press the right Phurba button, game goes to 'wait ball saved' and kicks out another ball.

When I press the button after ball save timer is over, it switches the right phurba diverter, but it also increases the bonus multiplier by 1.

Is that because of a diode that's gone bad? What do I need to look for?

#6217 4 years ago
Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

Tech question-
Just noticed today an issue- and I'm not sure how long its been present-
When I launch the ball, if I press the right Phurba button, game goes to 'wait ball saved' and kicks out another ball.
When I press the button after ball save timer is over, it switches the right phurba diverter, but it also increases the bonus multiplier by 1.
Is that because of a diode that's gone bad? What do I need to look for?

Switch matrix issue. You'll notice all those switches are in the same column. Look for a broken diode, or a diode installed backwards, on all those switches. You might want to open up the gun to look at the trigger switch first.

shadow switch matrix (resized).JPGshadow switch matrix (resized).JPG
#6218 4 years ago

So I'm getting a ER. BAT. DROP BAD CHK. SWITCH/COIL error. Last week I was measuring the leads going into the drop target coil and I wasn't getting anything during solenoid test. It wasn't until I measured the connector plug right before the assembly that I was actually getting power during a solenoid test. I assumed the coil was bad so I bought a new one. I put the new one in last night and it worked. I went to test it this morning and it is back to failing. When I run the solenoid test for the drop coil I hear nothing. It is like it isn't even trying to fire it. The reset coil will fire all day but the drop won't. I just tested the new and old coil I removed and they measured 5 and 4.5 ohms respectively which I assume means the old coil is just fine. What would keep this coil from firing even during solenoid test?

#6219 4 years ago

Just hooked up the Pinshakers shaker mod in my Shadow and having a real good time playing the game with a nice rumble. I've attached photos of the install - everything was super easy to install and connect, and the instructions provided were thorough. Robert from Pinshakers was super helpful with a question I had about the power supply, and all in all i think it took about 30-45 minutes to install (with a relaxed pace). I've got it hooked up to the flashers and still tweaking to find the right balance with gameplay. The other thing that's cool about these kits is that I can move it all to any other WPC era machine if i so choose, and the only destructive part of the install is drilling the holes to mount that shaker in the cabinet. Good stuff!

IMG_2435 (resized).pngIMG_2435 (resized).png
IMG_2436 (resized).pngIMG_2436 (resized).png
IMG_2456 (resized).pngIMG_2456 (resized).png
IMG_2458 (resized).pngIMG_2458 (resized).png
IMG_2470 (resized).pngIMG_2470 (resized).png
IMG_2471 (resized).pngIMG_2471 (resized).png
9D75846E-5BBF-4979-B9FA-9D1BEDC115CA (resized).png9D75846E-5BBF-4979-B9FA-9D1BEDC115CA (resized).png
IMG_2514 (resized).pngIMG_2514 (resized).png
20CDA297-35C3-4EA8-AA87-6B0F8A5E0696 (resized).png20CDA297-35C3-4EA8-AA87-6B0F8A5E0696 (resized).png
IMG_2473 (resized).pngIMG_2473 (resized).png
IMG_2516 (resized).pngIMG_2516 (resized).png

#6220 4 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

So I'm getting a ER. BAT. DROP BAD CHK. SWITCH/COIL error. Last week I was measuring the leads going into the drop target coil and I wasn't getting anything during solenoid test. It wasn't until I measured the connector plug right before the assembly that I was actually getting power during a solenoid test. I assumed the coil was bad so I bought a new one. I put the new one in last night and it worked. I went to test it this morning and it is back to failing. When I run the solenoid test for the drop coil I hear nothing. It is like it isn't even trying to fire it. The reset coil will fire all day but the drop won't. I just tested the new and old coil I removed and they measured 5 and 4.5 ohms respectively which I assume means the old coil is just fine. What would keep this coil from firing even during solenoid test?

That is an oddly touchy mechanism. Take it off and clean it up really good. My guess is it is just hanging up on itself. I assume you replaced the coil sleeves? Clean up all the metal, springs and the plastic drop target. You can even wax the side the target slides against. After that it should work fine. Mine was doing the same thing before the good cleaning.

#6221 4 years ago
Quoted from grandy:

Just hooked up the Pinshakers shaker mod in my Shadow and having a real good time playing the game with a nice rumble. I've attached photos of the install - everything was super easy to install and connect, and the instructions provided were thorough. Robert from Pinshakers was super helpful with a question I had about the power supply, and all in all i think it took about 30-45 minutes to install (with a relaxed pace). I've got it hooked up to the flashers and still tweaking to find the right balance with gameplay. The other thing that's cool about these kits is that I can move it all to any other WPC era machine if i so choose, and the only destructive part of the install is drilling the holes to mount that shaker in the cabinet. Good stuff!

Looks great! I like how you taped the drill guide down.. I am going to steal that for the next instruction manual update. Not sure why I didn't think of that!

Let me know if you have any issues with your kits.

Best Regards,

Robert Goebel
Pinshakers
www.pinshakers.com

#6222 4 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

That is an oddly touchy mechanism. Take it off and clean it up really good. My guess is it is just hanging up on itself. I assume you replaced the coil sleeves? Clean up all the metal, springs and the plastic drop target. You can even wax the side the target slides against. After that it should work fine. Mine was doing the same thing before the good cleaning.

Yeah I completely disassembled my Wall target which was having similar problems but this one surprised me. This is just the single drop target that leads up to the Battlefield. The reset coil will pop the target back up all day. This issue is the coil that is supposed to drop the target. I'll take it back apart tonight but I can't understand why the coil does fire when I'm doing a solenoid test. This coil is just a magnet so no sleeve to replace.

#6223 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

So I had this idea for a mod I wanted to make, but have been very busy lately with a number of projects. I recently saw tmezel’s work on mods for the new Jurassic Park which look stellar, and have no doubt a company like Mezel Mods would do a great job.
Here is a mock up sketch I did, hoping someone can pick up this idea (tmezel, thoughts?). What do you guys think, would there be interest in this club?
[quoted image]

Id have to see it in the game, but it sounds cool.

#6224 4 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

Yeah I completely disassembled my Wall target which was having similar problems but this one surprised me. This is just the single drop target that leads up to the Battlefield. The reset coil will pop the target back up all day. This issue is the coil that is supposed to drop the target. I'll take it back apart tonight but I can't understand why the coil does fire when I'm doing a solenoid test. This coil is just a magnet so no sleeve to replace.

Sorry, didn’t realize it was the Battlefield drop. That one is annoying for different reasons. There is a good write of this problem. Let me find it and I’ll post.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-problem-with-drop-target-to-enter-battlefield

#6225 4 years ago

Anybody know where I can get plastic protectors for shadow? At least for the slings?

#6226 4 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Anybody know where I can get plastic protectors for shadow? At least for the slings?

Pinbits has a large set offered that protects everything.

#6227 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

So I had this idea for a mod I wanted to make, but have been very busy lately with a number of projects. I recently saw tmezel’s work on mods for the new Jurassic Park which look stellar, and have no doubt a company like Mezel Mods would do a great job.
Here is a mock up sketch I did, hoping someone can pick up this idea (tmezel, thoughts?). What do you guys think, would there be interest in this club?
[quoted image]

I like it! There seems to be a shortage of mods like this for Shadow.

#6228 4 years ago

Finally got my pinshakers shaker installed on shadow. Highly recommend. Triggering off the flashers.

#6229 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Finally got my pinshakers shaker installed on shadow. Highly recommend. Triggering off the flashers.

Lets wait 6 months and see how your shadow holds up.

#6230 4 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

The shaker has a low rumble and the intensity is adjustable with a dial. I have one in my wh20 and tspp and it's nothing like you feel with the stern shakers, which can be violent. I don't think it will cause any issues.

#6231 4 years ago

should be fine, everything is controllable, so I have it set to a low rumble. It is not like Stern shakers that rock the house.

#6232 4 years ago

Did they build earthshaker and road show differently because they put a shaker in it? I really don’t know so curious if they did for there to be concerns on the shadow not to hold up. I’ve owned both those pins and they shook like crazy. Stronger than my sterns

#6233 4 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Did they build earthshaker and road show differently because they put a shaker in it? I really don’t know so curious if they did for there to be concerns on the shadow not to hold up. I’ve owned both those pins and they shook like crazy. Stronger than my sterns

I dunno, I just want to see how the game holds up to being shaken over time.

#6234 4 years ago

Anyone have a few used plastics they want to get rid of? I really only need the slings and the main plastic that goes up the right side of the playfield... Thanks!

#6235 4 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

yes, but if you have owned ES and RS and JP before, you will notice a lot more screws and nuts laying in the bottom of the cabinet than other games. Shakers do take a little toll on games more than games without.

#6236 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

yes, but if you have owned ES and RS and JP before, you will notice a lot more screws and nuts laying in the bottom of the cabinet than other games. Shakers do take a little toll on games more than games without.

Ok, I could definitely see that happening but have not experienced it. I’ve owned all except JP and never notice more screws but I only had them for about a year. I bought RS from my buddy who had it for years and bringing it home I didn’t notice anything loose or screws. Earthshaker I got it from a guy who owned it for 19 years and again nothing loose or screws either. I have no idea how much they played them but I’m sure much, much less than a routed one

#6237 4 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

Anyone have a few used plastics they want to get rid of? I really only need the slings and the main plastic that goes up the right side of the playfield... Thanks!

I got some somewhere. I’ll gave a look after work.

#6238 4 years ago

Shoutout to Twister. Got my Shadow battlefield cover and it is even more amazing than I had hoped. Great seller, quick response and shipping was pretty quick with no damage. Anyone on the fence with this product or dealing with Twister should have zero reservations about buying from him.

51C37A07-6307-4630-884B-A222A7E94B7A (resized).jpeg51C37A07-6307-4630-884B-A222A7E94B7A (resized).jpeg
#6239 4 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

Shoutout to Twister. Got my Shadow battlefield cover and it is even more amazing than I had hoped. Great seller, quick response and shipping was pretty quick with no damage. Anyone on the fence with this product or dealing with Twister should have zero reservations about buying from him.[quoted image]

Twister I want one asap. It looks great.

Anyone know the screw size for the battlefield?

#6240 4 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

Shoutout to Twister. Got my Shadow battlefield cover and it is even more amazing than I had hoped. Great seller, quick response and shipping was pretty quick with no damage. Anyone on the fence with this product or dealing with Twister should have zero reservations about buying from him.[quoted image]

Did you go the gold or silver battlefield sign on the front? Post a pic if you get a chance. Thanks

#6241 4 years ago

If you are talking about the sticker I got the gold. I didn’t realize there was a choice.

#6242 4 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

If you are talking about the sticker I got the gold. I didn’t realize there was a choice.

Thanks - Twister posted a few photos of the decal in different colours and was asking for opinions during development, so wasn't sure whether he offer a few options. Sounds like gold won

#6243 4 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

Agreed. I just got mine too, it's beautiful. Not sure when I'll install it but I did put the decal on the front (which seems like an etched metallic decal).

mini PF cover (resized).jpgmini PF cover (resized).jpgmini PF cover 2 (resized).jpgmini PF cover 2 (resized).jpg
#6244 4 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Agreed. I just got mine too, it's beautiful. Not sure when I'll install it but I did put the decal on the front (which seems like an etched metallic decal).[quoted image][quoted image]

wow looks killer! nice job twister, can't wait for mine to arrive.

#6245 4 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

wow looks killer! nice job twister, can't wait for mine to arrive.

Is this hard to install, do you have to take apart the battlefield? Thanks.

#6246 4 years ago

Started having problems with the mini playfield. First the kicker stopped working with the flipper buttons then the drop target keeps popping up and won't let ball in to go to mini playfield. Display says mini playfield not working but doesn't give and id numbers. Where's to start?

#6247 4 years ago
Quoted from t2:

Started having problems with the mini playfield. First the kicker stopped working with the flipper buttons then the drop target keeps popping up and won't let ball in to go to mini playfield. Display says mini playfield not working but doesn't give and id numbers. Where's to start?

If the machine thinks there is an issue with the mini PF then it'll keep the drop target up to stop the ball going into the VUK and up to the Battlefield.

Have you tested the mini PF in test mode? Does the kicker move right and left at the start of the test and then can you move it right & left with the flipper buttons? This will help determine if the issue is with the motor than moves the kicker or not

#6248 4 years ago

Anyone know if there are Cliffy or Cliffy like protectors for The Shadow?

#6249 4 years ago
Quoted from Johncare07:

What are you looking to protect?

#6250 4 years ago
Quoted from Johncare07:

http://www.passionforpinball.com/protectors.htm

You can use the shooter lane and slot protectors, but I don't see anything game specific.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

7,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hamilton, ON
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

5,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Thornton, CO
Machine - For Sale
Buffalo, NY
€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,927 posts in this topic. You are on page 125 of 219.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-club/page/125?hl=mad_dog_coin_op and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.