IMG_7706 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7705 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0617 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0618 (resized).jpeg
shadow-repairdone (resized).jpg
IMG_4396 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,922 posts in this topic. You are on page 119 of 219.
#5901 4 years ago

Looks like I’m in the club. Game gets delivered next week. I’ve played / owned a lot of pinballs but never a single game of The Shadow. I made the purchase solely on game recommendations from fellow Pinsiders. Looks like something I’d like. I hope you guys know what you’re talking about.

#5902 4 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Looks like I’m in the club. Game gets delivered next week. I’ve played / owned a lot of pinballs but never a single game of The Shadow. I made the purchase solely on game recommendations from fellow Pinsiders. Looks like something I’d like. I hope you guys know what you’re talking about.

Im loving mine so far. Very fun, satisfying shots. Modes that stack. Hard to accomplish wizard mode. Easter egg secret mode. It has it all.

Got mine playing nice tonight. Then i went and scratched the inner right side of the cab when one of the pivot latches didnt click all the way. Im still learning this service system....

Im planning on tilt art blades any ways, but a tough lesson was learned. Now maybe I will be more careful when i have the blades installed.

Im still getting ball hang ups here out of the battlefield. Is it normal? No one replied. Im leveled side to side and im above the manual’s recommendation for pitch. It still feels a tint bit floaty but Im going to leave it here for now:
7E83AA64-98BC-404C-9FFD-C990361FF3CB (resized).jpeg7E83AA64-98BC-404C-9FFD-C990361FF3CB (resized).jpegCD8DDDBD-7205-403C-AE05-9D61959C3D4B (resized).jpegCD8DDDBD-7205-403C-AE05-9D61959C3D4B (resized).jpeg

#5903 4 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Oh yeah!...It is one mean, fun ball buster!
Every "success" is a well earned one, any many..."I almost had it" moments.
A great Journey in a Game....

#5904 4 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Im loving mine so far. Very fun, satisfying shots. Modes that stack. Hard to accomplish wizard mode. Easter egg secret mode. It has it all.
Got mine playing nice tonight. Then i went and scratched the inner right side of the cab when one of the pivot latches didnt click all the way. Im still learning this service system....
Im planning on tilt art blades any ways, but a tough lesson was learned. Now maybe I will be more careful when i have the blades installed.
Im still getting ball hang ups here out of the battlefield. Is it normal? No one replied. Im leveled side to side and im above the manual’s recommendation for pitch. It still feels a tint bit floaty but Im going to leave it here for now:
[quoted image][quoted image]

Are you checking the level on the playfield or the glass? I have mine around 7.5 deg, plays fast & mean. TS should definitely not be floaty.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-should-the-level-bubble-be

#5905 4 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

Are you checking the level on the playfield or the glass? I have mine around 7.5 deg, plays fast & mean. TS should definitely not be floaty.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-should-the-level-bubble-be

The bubble, per the manual. 7.5 eh? Are yall on board with this? Manual says 6.5. As is im at 7....maybe Ill put it at 7.5, id like the balls to return faster. Could always go back.

#5906 4 years ago

The bubble, per the manual. 7.5 eh? Are yall on board with this? Manual says 6.5. As is im at 7....maybe Ill put it at 7.5, id like the balls to return faster. Could always go back.

If you find it floaty, then I'd suggest it's light on. As long as your flippers are strong enough, I say ramp it up. I find all my pins play much better when at 7.5 minimum.

#5907 4 years ago

no, that is not normal. You are missing a ball guard or something under there. I can't remember, but can look when I get home.

#5908 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

no, that is not normal. You are missing a ball guard or something under there. I can't remember, but can look when I get home.

I thought so. Let me know, thanks.

Any one got a lead on the plastic right under the front of the battlefield? Mine is trashed. Micro cracks all over.

#5909 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

IPDB shows nothing in that area. odd.

yo (resized).jpgyo (resized).jpg
#5910 4 years ago

Im still getting ball hang ups here out of the battlefield. Is it normal?

Had a look at mine - I think your issue is with the metal shield that covers the lugs of the mini-playfield's kicker coil as it has moved forward to hold the ball between it and the nut of the playfield plastic. See how mine sits further back from the nut (just noticed that mine is a screw and the wire habit trail doesn't have the bracing to that post that yours has - difference b/n prototype and production?? or a change during production??). Regardless I think the issue is coil shield under the mini-playfield - here's a photo of the underside of the mini-playfield, highlighting the shield that I think is causing your problem

TS2 (resized).jpgTS2 (resized).jpgTS3 (resized).jpgTS3 (resized).jpg
#5911 4 years ago

Thanks! Ill look tonight. No hang ups last night though. My left phurba is still temperamental. It gets in this weird half way position that cant be fixed unless you open th the game and do the test for it. It will line up left fine, but right it will only go half way. I cleaned both coils up, tightened the whole mech and that seemed to work a couple games. Then I ended up loosening the allens and checking the proper motion, re-tightening. Seems ok after I did that.

Decent score for only having it a week!

EEAF950B-F813-4CD5-9EF4-965849FA51BE (resized).jpegEEAF950B-F813-4CD5-9EF4-965849FA51BE (resized).jpeg
#5912 4 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

I just joined the club and what's the easiest way to fix this switch? It seems like about 1/3 of the time the ball will jump over the switch. The switch works perfectly. I had a similar issue with White Water and I had my friend make me a plastic that went over top of a ramp to keep the ball down. I just didn't know what most people do for this switch?[quoted image]

I bent the trigger straight and soldered on an extension. Never misses now.

#5913 4 years ago

My left phurba is still temperamental. It gets in this weird half way position that cant be fixed unless you open th the game and do the test for it. It will line up left fine, but right it will only go half way. I cleaned both coils up, tightened the whole mech and that seemed to work a couple games. Then I ended up loosening the allens and checking the proper motion, re-tightening. Seems ok after I did that.

If the diverter is not aligned with the ramp, the leading edge of the diverter will hit the ramp wall at the end of it's stroke. This can have 1 of 2 effects, if the allen grub screw is good and tight the force is transmitted into the wall of the ramp (which is why the ramp welds quite often fail on Shadow pins) otherwise the force is too great for the grub screw holding the diverter shaft causing screw to slip and hence change the alignment of the diverter (which I believe is what you are seeing).

#5914 4 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

If the diverter is not aligned with the ramp, the leading edge of the diverter will hit the ramp wall at the end of it's stroke. This can have 1 of 2 effects, if the allen grub screw is good and tight the force is transmitted into the wall of the ramp (which is why the ramp welds quite often fail on Shadow pins) otherwise the force is too great for the grub screw holding the diverter shaft causing screw to slip and hence change the alignment of the diverter (which I believe is what you are seeing).

Or the two-piece diverter bracket is starting to strip. You should have no wiggle room if you try to turn the top end of your diverter while holding the bracket under the PF.

#5915 4 years ago

You guys seen these? Would actually be pretty nice if it werent for the scantly clad ladies for no reason.

ebay.com link: 0

#5916 4 years ago

You guys seen these? Would actually be pretty nice if it werent for the scantly clad ladies for no reason.
ebay.com link

Thats Johns...He is here on pinside occasionally.
He has a large collection of Alt Translites......

#5917 4 years ago

ebay.com link

The remix continues I guess.

#5918 4 years ago

I honestly probably would have picked up one of those eBay translites eventually had you not made more of yours Aurich.

#5919 4 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

I honestly probably would have picked up one of those eBay translites eventually had you not made more of yours Aurich.

I'm not mad, I referenced other people's comic art to do my drawings, so no point in being a hypocrite about this stuff, just funny seeing elements of mine just outright dropped in. At least draw your own art deco border, that's gotta be the easiest part lol.

#5920 4 years ago

Hi Aurich! You know yours IS THE BEST there is!

#5921 4 years ago

Anyone have the plastic for the front of the battlefield? mine is cracked. Thx

#5922 4 years ago

Could you take better picture with flash. It looks like its resting on a part of the kicker assembly. But the game is programmed to move that kicker side to side after it goes down to unstuck stuff like that

#5923 4 years ago

Just picked up the start gun mechanism from the metal plater. Pretty happy with how it turned out

20190630_100235 (resized).jpg20190630_100235 (resized).jpg
#5924 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Anyone have the plastic for the front of the battlefield? mine is cracked. Thx

Ditto.

New high score tonight. Always something new with this game. One of the drop targets on the battlefield jumped the reset bracket so it wouldnt reset 1 target. All good ez fix.

Now my left flipper likes to stay half way up some times. Dirty coil sleeve? Dirty opto sensor?
F477323F-85E7-475D-94F6-F3B477526B49 (resized).jpegF477323F-85E7-475D-94F6-F3B477526B49 (resized).jpeg

#5925 4 years ago
Quoted from Stuieb84:

Just picked up the start gun mechanism from the metal plater. Pretty happy with how it turned out[quoted image]

Few questions, was this done locally? Were their any other finishes available? Did you have to prep it? Price? Also, where did you get the grips from? ... looks awesome!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#5926 4 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

Few questions, was this done locally? Were their any other finishes available? Did you have to prep it? Price? Also, where did you get the grips from? ... looks awesome!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-artist-made-wood-gun-grips-for-shadow

#5928 4 years ago
Quoted from Twister:

First final part with black chrome.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Any updates?

#5929 4 years ago

I did mine in black chrome, turned out nicely. All depends on your preference, they all look beautiful.

blackchrome_shadow_gun (resized).jpgblackchrome_shadow_gun (resized).jpg

#5930 4 years ago
Quoted from ramegoom:

I did mine in black chrome, turned out nicely. All depends on your preference, they all look beautiful.
[quoted image]

That looks REALLY nice man, wow.

Ive been hearing back from people that black nickel is a pain in the ass and there are lots of problems with it so PC’rs arent wanting to do it any more.

Ive got a quote on all black rails, hinges, lock bar, and gun for $200. I think the stock grips look slick with black of any type. The walnut ones are neat, but dont fit the theme. His grips always look to be that grey color like they are stock in the comics/movie. Saves me money too, lol.

#5931 4 years ago

Thanks for the awesome gun grips Art!

E3B3B5D6-731E-42C0-8D07-F72296A5EB3B (resized).jpegE3B3B5D6-731E-42C0-8D07-F72296A5EB3B (resized).jpeg
#5932 4 years ago

After plating, my gun halves made the trigger bind because of plating build-up. I solved the problem by fitting a custom-made gasket between the gun halves, loosening the trigger just enough to prevent bind. Anyone else see that issue after plating?

gun_gasket (resized).JPGgun_gasket (resized).JPG

#5933 4 years ago
Quoted from DK:

Thanks for the awesome gun grips Art![quoted image]

My Pleasure!, My friend!

Ill Post some pics later, I believe I have 4-5 pairs left in total....Thats it, No more!!

#5934 4 years ago

Are yall using colored bulbs under your purple flasher domes? Kinda washed out with the clears...

https://www.pinballlife.com/colored-906-bulbs-box-of-10.html

#5935 4 years ago

Yes, Flat 8 SMD Purples....from everywhere.

#5936 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Yes, Flat 8 SMD Purples....from everywhere.

LED eh? I was thinking I would stay incandescent for my flashers. That seems to be all the rage now. LED inserts and incandescent GI and flashers. Im a fan, did my last pin like that.

#5937 4 years ago

Now my left flipper likes to stay half way up some times. Dirty coil sleeve? Dirty opto sensor?
[quoted image]

Not going to be opto. Sounds like a mechanical issue if it sticks and returns to normal operation. Try moving flipper by hand and feel for any binding. It should move effortlessly. Take flipper off and check coil sleeve. Make sure flipper bushing is in good shape, clean everything, and gap flipper correctly when installed. There is a gap tool you can use or make your own with old credit card.

#5938 4 years ago

LED eh? I was thinking I would stay incandescent for my flashers. That seems to be all the rage now. LED inserts and incandescent GI and flashers. Im a fan, did my last pin like that.

I use incandescent flashers in backboxes. If I want color, I run Strips or Pads,
Light from a Flat 8, the most common doesnt always work.

On the playfield, Red LED on Red Dome is darker, it can vary in brightness, but doesnt matter Much.
Purple in Purple is a Big difference.

#5939 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I've had a number of requests so I will be doing another print run of my Shadow Cityscape Decal. These run $30 including shipping to US (international shipping is extra). These are color matched with a halftone dot design from scratch similar to the plastics. Please PM me to let me know if you would like to be added (or removed) to the order list. I should receive these from the printer around the end of June.
On the list I have:
yesh23
spacemanratso09
smurrill1
robdutch
manto1975
attack7
vulcan903
mikes
Here's some feedback on the mod: https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/jonesjb/feedback

I thought I was on the list : (....!

#5940 4 years ago

I use all incandescent flashers everywhere in shadow, the light show will blind you with led.

Lately I have been leaving GI and flashers incandescent in all my pins and doing led inserts and pops. I guess the older I get I dont care for all the. Brightness.

#5941 4 years ago

Is this the correct opto for the left /right movement of the plunger under the battlefield?

IMG_9122 (resized).PNGIMG_9122 (resized).PNG
#5942 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Lately I have been leaving GI and flashers incandescent in all my pins and doing led inserts and pops. I guess the older I get I dont care for all the. Brightness.

I tell ya, after I bought the most blinding game Ive ever owned (jp), Ive been slowly changing it over to incandescents. A few of my pin friends got me doing this too.

I bought those purple incandescents from PBL. Should look real a-nice.

#5943 4 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

I thought I was on the list : (....!

I thought I had added you, I printed extra anyway for additional people that may be interested. I’ll send you a PM with details.

#5944 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I thought I had added you, I printed extra anyway for additional people that may be interested. I’ll send you a PM with details.

Got mine yesterday. Super nice, thanks!

6212AFF2-6F7A-4697-A79E-D42645EEED64 (resized).jpeg6212AFF2-6F7A-4697-A79E-D42645EEED64 (resized).jpeg
#5945 4 years ago

Picked up a shadow yesterday and have been doing a little work to it. First thing was to fix the switch on the right crossover ramp, it wasn’t registering on fast shots. I understand it’s common. My fix was to put a washer under the mounting screw on the right side of the switch. This tilted the switch up slightly and solved the issue. Hope it helps.

Separately, is there a way to tighten up the arm of the battlefield mech, it has just a little side to side wobble, not sure if that’s normal.

Colordmd went in today, will add leds next, new cabinet decals for the head and a few other things.
D2203E00-A5F9-4448-84B4-4857732016FF (resized).jpegD2203E00-A5F9-4448-84B4-4857732016FF (resized).jpeg

#5946 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Perfect. Paid and PM answered with address. Thanks!

#5947 4 years ago
Quoted from DK:

Thanks for the awesome gun grips Art![quoted image]

Looks great! Is that the walnut?

#5948 4 years ago

Has anyone had an issue with the side to side arm on the battlefield sticking or delaying when pressing the right flipper? If so, how did you solve it?
3E474DB1-8960-4AF8-A00E-7C90E054FCB5 (resized).jpeg3E474DB1-8960-4AF8-A00E-7C90E054FCB5 (resized).jpeg

#5949 4 years ago
Quoted from Johncare07:

Has anyone had an issue with the side to side arm on the battlefield sticking or delaying when pressing the right flipper? If so, how did you solve it?
[quoted image]

Check the underside of the battle field and make sure the gears are lining up. Also make sure the arm manually slides left and right very smooth. I had to replace the rubber ends to the rod that the arm slides back and forth on. The rubber pieces that screw onto the rod were both compromised.

#5950 4 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Not going to be opto. Sounds like a mechanical issue if it sticks and returns to normal operation. Try moving flipper by hand and feel for any binding. It should move effortlessly. Take flipper off and check coil sleeve. Make sure flipper bushing is in good shape, clean everything, and gap flipper correctly when installed. There is a gap tool you can use or make your own with old credit card.

Ended up just being an exhausted spring. I cut it down shorter and its working great now. I guess flipper rebuilds should be on my list....game shoots fine though. I even get air balls off the G target next to the left ramp. Some times right down the left outlane....grrrr

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.
Interactive
$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits
Electronics
$ 37.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
5,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Thornton, CO
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Aurora, IL
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
Boards
Slap Save Creations
Boards
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals
Flipper parts
€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations
Other
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
Plastics
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
7,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hamilton, ON
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 10,922 posts in this topic. You are on page 119 of 219.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-club/page/119 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.