Topic Stats

• 6,508 posts
  • 549 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by Wmsfan
  • Topic is favorited by 183 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,715 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

9585A586-ABF3-40DF-9C45-D87EECF62F76.jpeg
20191207_171446 (resized).jpg
shadow (resized).png
IMG_20191128_085228 (resized).jpg
6BF1F4D7-1AEC-4149-B7D9-F8C7E0FF3912 (resized).jpeg
07B5FF77-D083-491F-B2D0-E2265BADE01B (resized).jpeg
D2C0D758-F9D5-4430-B74E-AA2DCCD26058 (resized).jpeg
SW_02 (2) (resized).jpg
0D8E8B02-5CDD-4059-8C30-31C7B1A30CCC.jpeg
cityscape decal (resized).jpg
playfield lights 1 (resized).jpg
Shadow 2 (resized).jpg
Shadow 3 (resized).jpg
Shadow (resized).jpg
IMG_20191122_232936 (resized).jpg
94BB8972-A47A-47CF-8169-CCD27ECA364F (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6508 posts in this topic. You are on page 118 of 131.
#5851 5 months ago

Looking for a players condition Shadow in the Chicagoland/southern Wis/West Indy area...…..

#5852 5 months ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I have a few custom wood grips left.....theres a link, next to my avatar.

I highly recommend this mod.

#5853 5 months ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

Hi,
I'm facing an issue with the mini-target that gives access to the mini-playfield.
If i push it by hand, it stays up ; but in test or during game, it never manages to raise up enough to be stuck in high position.
Can someone share some pictures on the shaft + coil + switch to try to set it right ??
thanks

someone, please ?

#5854 5 months ago
Quoted from Johncare07:

Does anyone have a lead on where to get the gun grip replacements? Is there a way you can use a real gun grip as a substitute?

I got @oldpinguy wooden grips (highly recommended). But DM me about taking my old plastic grips off my hands.

#5855 5 months ago

Thank you!
Shipped out today!

I have about 9 sets left, and thats it!

Robs been busy doing designs for celebrity custom desks and boxes...ill have to get a link for the last one....made for a host of a tv knife/blade weapon show, I think.

#5856 5 months ago

Im almost in guys....got one in my sights.....

#5857 5 months ago

Whats your favorite powder coat color scheme?

Ive seen green legs with black rails and bar, all purple, etc.

I thought I wanted all black but the purple looks pretty awesome...

purple powder (resized).jpg
#5858 5 months ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Whats your favorite powder coat color scheme?
Ive seen green legs with black rails and bar, all purple, etc.
I thought I wanted all black but the purple looks pretty awesome...[quoted image]

all black looks great.

#5859 5 months ago

For The Shadow I like the chrome quite a lot. Because of that, it's not something I'd invest in for this title, but if someone were to gift me any option I wanted, I'd probably do an antique brass.

#5860 5 months ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

For The Shadow I like the chrome quite a lot. Because of that, it's not something I'd invest in for this title, but if someone were to gift me any option I wanted, I'd probably do an antique brass.

I have seen chrome, brass, and black nickel trim on shadow, the black nickel looked the best. It was mine and I sold it a couple years ago.

#5861 5 months ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Its really not that expensive. Like $200 or less I think.

#5862 5 months ago

Im in!

D2C04054-1D06-4977-A9C2-922BB073836F (resized).jpeg
#5863 5 months ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Chrome for my tastes..

IMG_0760~photo (resized).JPG
#5864 5 months ago

Oooo chrome does look nice. Id want to do black or purple wireforms then probably.

Got my game in. Wow, what an upgrade all the service rails and spring loaded playfield hinges make. Feels like such luxury.

Found a few probs.

Left sling isnt firing. Wiring looked good.

Left phurba is missing the spring and its a bit loose. The allens need tightening i think.

Other than that, it plays great. Love the flow on this game.

I need a manual... i think theyre free online right?

1C17276E-DBB8-4DF2-BAE6-F036887AA0D5 (resized).jpeg49065EBD-265E-4580-97C1-9768A6F4F1E2 (resized).jpeg
#5865 5 months ago

Oooo chrome does look nice. Id want to do black or purple wireforms then probably.
Got my game in. Wow, what an upgrade all the service rails and spring loaded playfield hinges make. Feels like such luxury.
Found a few probs.
Left phurba is missing the spring and its a bit loose. The allens need tightening i think.
I need a manual... i think theyre free online right?[quoted image][quoted image]

You need some springs, I put 2 springs on each of mine. Prevents any loose play.

#5866 5 months ago

Found a few probs.
I need a manual... i think theyre free online right?[quoted image][quoted image]

Game looks good! Minor issues.

You can DL the manual from IPDB.

#5867 5 months ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Game looks good!https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1180-slap-save-creations/02484-the-shadow-backboard-decal Minor issues.
You can DL the manual from IPDB.

Cool! Hoped so...

Sweet, Ill download it today.

Any one know if this is the right spring for the phurba mech? One guide said it was but Marco doesnt have it listed as compatible...
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/10-320

Who makes the best back panel decal?

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1180-slap-save-creations/02484-the-shadow-backboard-decal

#5868 5 months ago

Alright, got my manual downloaded. Looks like 10-320 IS the correct spring. My local pinball supplier doesnt have it in stock. Does any one know if there are any readily available alternatives I could use? They have other springs that look close....

Sorry I am blowing this club up guys, just really excited to have a new game.

Are these the purple domes you all use for the back panel and above the ramps?

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-8149-18

#5869 5 months ago

2 questions.
I'm running LA-4. Is it worth getting a LA-6 stick?
My left ramp has a break in the left roll through and a popped weld under the right side. What are your feelings toward either having it spot welded at a shop or getting mantis ramps? I read a little bit saying that the mantis ramps dont feel right.
Thanks

#5870 5 months ago

Did the gun in a silver powder coat with a red trigger. Really came out nice.

I decided to the the habitrails in purple. Very pleased.

0FF05C99-40D3-4D6E-838C-110CD05FF1D4 (resized).jpeg48A87C79-07FC-483D-BDB4-3E864B1C3A42 (resized).jpegCD01C511-04B6-4C03-942A-602A3047E3F6 (resized).jpegD90076D4-B2DB-4003-880E-6208B0D95C62 (resized).jpeg
#5871 5 months ago

I chose these as side rail and back graphics.

A275EDBA-5EC4-4A93-916A-677A53179ECB (resized).jpegA1966280-7A66-47C4-AF9C-05408F40E898 (resized).png
#5872 5 months ago

Alright, got my manual downloaded. Looks like 10-320 IS the correct spring. My local pinball supplier doesnt have it in stock. Does any one know if there are any readily available alternatives I could use? They have other springs that look close....
Sorry I am blowing this club up guys, just really excited to have a new game.
Are these the purple domes you all use for the back panel and above the ramps?
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-8149-18

yes for ramps, I use the red ones on the back wall but I have the brick scene.

#5873 5 months ago

Cool thanks for the info johncare07

I like the purple. Can you post a pic of them on the playfield?

Can any one with the brite buttons lighted flipper buttons tell me how they stacked their power for these? They already piggyback off a connector in the backbox, so what about with the two sets of buttons?

Didnt realize the buttons got so expensive. They must have gone up in quality or design in the last 6 years since I bought a set. They were like 19.99 before now theyre $39.99. Of course we need TWO lol.

#5874 5 months ago

Cool! Hoped so...
Sweet, Ill download it today.
Any one know if this is the right spring for the phurba mech? One guide said it was but Marco doesnt have it listed as compatible...
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/10-320
Who makes the best back panel decal?
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1180-slap-save-creations/02484-the-shadow-backboard-decal

marco has a suitable alternative spring. I bought some a few weeks ago. Let me see if I can find my packing list.

#5875 5 months ago
Quoted from woody76:

marco has a suitable alternative spring. I bought some a few weeks ago. Let me see if I can find my packing list.

Marco had the actual spring. I ordered it this morning. 3 actually.

#5876 5 months ago

Marco had the actual spring. I ordered it this morning. 3 actually.

cool, I have had several shadows. I always put 2 springs on if there is any play. Sometimes you can have the set screws super tight and there is still some wiggle and it slows the ball down.

#5877 5 months ago
Quoted from woody76:

cool, I have had several shadows. I always put 2 springs on if there is any play. Sometimes you can have the set screws super tight and there is still some wiggle and it slows the ball down.

Good tip!

Any tips on the ring bulbs? My left most ring goes out unless i push/bend the wires a little on the back of the bulb.

#5878 5 months ago

Anyone know the most up to date code version?

#5879 5 months ago
Quoted from Johncare07:

Anyone know the most up to date code version?

Shadow

ROM Revision History

Provided by: Action Pinball & Amusement, LLC
Web: www.actionpinball.com
--------------------------------------------

Version LX-5
Date: April 27, 1995
U6: Checksum: A205 (X - Export)

The export version supersedes all A ROMs.

Changes from revision L-4:

Fixed adjustment A.1 07 Replay Start. It now correctly adjusts
in the range 10 million to 900 million.

Fixed the jackpot lights being stuck on from collecting
a Khan super jackpot during the grace period.

Fixed the 5x6 font used in the skill shot screen. The number
"7" showed up as a "6".

Fixed a glitch in the enter initials screen.

Fixed buy-in cancel to require both flippers to be hit.

Farley mode can now score more than 99 million.

Playing the same mode twice in one ball now allows the scores
to be added together.

Tilting now cancels multiball autofire.

Version L-4
Date: February 1, 1995
U6: Checksum: B604 (A - USA/Canada)
Checksum: 9904 (X - Export)
Checksum: A804 (F - France)

Changes from revision L-3:

Mini playfield no longer gets marked bad when a ball enters the
ball popper during ball search.

Ball search now jiggles the mini playfield kicker.

Version L-3
Date: January 25, 1995
U6: Checksum: CD03 (A - USA/Canada)
Checksum: D203 (X - Export)
Checksum: D103 (F - France)

Changes from revision L-2:

Enhanced the broken gun trigger compensation logic.

Fixed a few display effect text glitches.

Added a grace period to Khan super jackpot.

Closing coin door (and activating interlock switch) now causes
the ball shooter to fire if a ball is resting on it.

Version L-2
Date: December 6, 1994
U6: Checksum: AD02 (A - USA/Canada)
Checksum: 5D02 (X - Export)
Checksum: AA02 (F - France)

Changes from revision L-1:

Changed German buy-in pricing.

Changed German preset to 1 replay level. (Was 2.)

Enhanced ball shooter and ball save logic.

Version L-1
Date: December 1, 1994
U6: Checksum: CE01 (A - USA/Canada)
Checksum: 7E01 (X - Export)
Checksum: 7801 (F - France)

Initial release to production.

#5880 5 months ago

To those interested in my second reprinting of the Shadow Cityscape, the decals have arrived! I've PM'd those on the list directly.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/73433

I have some extras so PM me if interested. Here's some feedback on the mod:
https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/jonesjb/feedback

Shadow Wall 1 (resized).jpgShadow Wall 2 (resized).jpg
#5881 5 months ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

To those interested in my second reprinting of the Shadow Cityscape, the decals have arrived! I've PM'd those on the list directly.
https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/jonesjb/feedback[quoted image][quoted image]

Love mine. Makes a huge improvement

#5882 5 months ago

So, the saga continues...

Fuse F112 blows when I turn the machine on with the door closed. It doesn't blow if I turn the machine on with the door open. So, I imagine it has something to do with high power, coils, etc.

After investigating under the playfield, it doesn't look like anything is loose e.g. wires or diodes.

Any suggestions as to what I should do to troubleshoot from here? Any insights you can provide would be much appreciated!

e2dd4fa919679c7dc4c17b217579f64d31b23531 (resized).jpg
#5883 5 months ago
Quoted from Sean_R:

So, the saga continues...
Fuse F112 blows when I turn the machine on with the door closed. It doesn't blow if I turn the machine on with the door open. So, I imagine it has something to do with high power, coils, etc.
After investigating under the playfield, it doesn't look like anything is loose e.g. wires or diodes.
Any suggestions as to what I should do to troubleshoot from here? Any insights you can provide would be much appreciated![quoted image]

Im new to this game, but maybe the bridge rectifier before the fuse is bad?? Im not sure on the direction of the flow of power in this diagram.

This thread might also help you:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-wd-is-blowing-fuse-f112-at-boot

shadow (resized).jpg
#5884 5 months ago

Good tip!
Any tips on the ring bulbs? My left most ring goes out unless i push/bend the wires a little on the back of the bulb.

just order another one, it comes with wiring and new bulb. plug and play.

#5885 5 months ago
Quoted from woody76:

just order another one, it comes with wiring and new bulb. plug and play.

Im going to try and fix this one first. Im trying to save for a color dmd and powder. $40 ring seems silly when I could probably fix it for now.

#5886 5 months ago

Im going to try and fix this one first. Im trying to save for a color dmd and powder. $40 ring seems silly when I could probably fix it for now.

you don't need the ring, you need the wiring. see link below. You can still probably fix it.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/24-8856

#5887 5 months ago
Quoted from woody76:

you don't need the ring, you need the wiring. see link below. You can still probably fix it.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/24-8856

OOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH.

If I hadnt already made a marco purchase I would throw this in too.

Ill report back if I can fix it. Finger crossed.

#5888 5 months ago

Is this normal? Am I missing a plastic to stop this from happening? Happened twice last night...although Im not leveled or angled yet.....

IMG_2802 (resized).jpg
#5889 5 months ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/jonesjb/feedback[quoted image][quoted image]

LOVE my sticker from you, JB! Where did you get the purple flasher lenses?

#5890 5 months ago

lighted flipper buttons .. now theyre $39.99. Of course we need TWO lol.

Just make your own.

Clear flipper buttons - $1.75 each
Lamp holder - $1 each
LED - 50c each

5 minutes to run wires from the coin door light to the lamp holders.

Easy peasy.

PS I just noticed that Pinball Life has the brite button ones for $29 if you’re too lazy to make some.

rd

#5891 5 months ago
Quoted from SeaLawyer:

LOVE my sticker from you, JB! Where did you get the purple flasher lenses?

I believe I bought these from Pinball Life: https://www.pinballlife.com/plastic-light-domes-with-screw-tabs.html

#5892 5 months ago

I just joined the club and what's the easiest way to fix this switch? It seems like about 1/3 of the time the ball will jump over the switch. The switch works perfectly. I had a similar issue with White Water and I had my friend make me a plastic that went over top of a ramp to keep the ball down. I just didn't know what most people do for this switch?

IMG_4377_LI (2) (resized).jpg
#5893 5 months ago
Quoted from Johncare07:

Does anyone have a lead on where to get the gun grip replacements? Is there a way you can use a real gun grip as a substitute?[quoted image]

If you are looking for a set of the original grey grips, I have a spare set

#5894 5 months ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

I just joined the club and what's the easiest way to fix this switch? It seems like about 1/3 of the time the ball will jump over the switch. The switch works perfectly. I had a similar issue with White Water and I had my friend make me a plastic that went over top of a ramp to keep the ball down. I just didn't know what most people do for this switch?[quoted image]

Flick through the recent pages of this thread, it’s been covered a number of times, Rotadave in particular posted a few times about this very matter.

#5895 5 months ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

Rotadave in particular posted a few times about this very matter.

That guy is half way through making a clear Perspex extension to move the switch further along (as per the photo on my previous posts)

Only issue is the Shadow is in my apartment and I’m in my house for a few weeks. So progress is stalled.

rd

#5896 5 months ago
Quoted from rotordave:

That guy is half way through making a clear Perspex extension to move the switch further along (as per the photo on my previous posts)
Only issue is the Shadow is in my apartment and I’m in my house for a few weeks. So progress is stalled.
rd

I need to drop you a line one day RD, bought a WW off Ryza many months back and still struggling to solve the GI problem. It's driving me crazy

#5897 5 months ago
Quoted from rotordave:

rd

think you could make some extras and sell them to some folks?

#5898 5 months ago
Quoted from woody76:

think you could make some extras and sell them to some folks?

I sent him a pm and it doesn't sound like he's going to be selling them if we could get the dimensions from him i have a buddy that could make them

#5899 5 months ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

I sent him a pm and it doesn't sound like he's going to be selling them if we could get the dimensions from him i have a buddy that could make them

I think he would share the size and stuff. I would be in on one.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
$ 50.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
There are 6508 posts in this topic. You are on page 118 of 131.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside