IMG_0517 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0701 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0513 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1404 (resized).JPEG
IMG_1405 (resized).JPEG
IMG_7706 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,927 posts in this topic. You are on page 117 of 219.
#5801 4 years ago

Well, it certainly sounds like you’ve covered all the bases. It’s peobably something stupid we are all looking right past.

#5802 4 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

So, I’m still having issues with my shooter plunger. It works well every other or every third plunge. When it works well, it shoots it up the wire form very well. When it doesn’t work, it doesn’t even make it all the way up the wireform. I checked the alignment and it’s good. I also checked for any loose screws. Everything seems okay. Any suggestions on what to do? Thanks everyone.

Get an iPhone and film the launch sequences in slo motion. Then watch back and you’ll see what happened.

Slo mo is invaluable for working out things like this.

I had a similar launch issue with my Metallica - the ball wasn’t sitting square on the launch forks and it would launch off centre and do really crazy stuff. Slo mo captured what was happening and I could fix it.

rd

#5803 4 years ago

Okay. I will try that. Thank you.

#5804 4 years ago

Hello, the slo mo didn’t reveal anything. It seems to lack enough power to get the ball up the wireform every few shots. I’m stumped on this.

#5805 4 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Hello, the slo mo didn’t reveal anything. It seems to lack enough power to get the ball up the wireform every few shots. I’m stumped on this.

Is the ball rattling along the lane or wireform after it is fired?

Any contact with the rails or something like that will slow the ball and make the sequence fail.

rd

#5806 4 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Change coil sleeve

#5807 4 years ago

No rattling. It’s a clean release. So, you think changing the coil will work?

#5808 4 years ago

I mean coil sleeve.

#5809 4 years ago

I know this has been posted before countless times but I can't for the life of me find it!

Anyone have a link to the recommended switch to eliminate ball hang up on the left ramp (when diverted to the right)? Thanks!

#5810 4 years ago
Quoted from isJ:

I know this has been posted before countless times but I can't for the life of me find it!
Anyone have a link to the recommended switch to eliminate ball hang up on the left ramp (when diverted to the right)? Thanks!

One with a long straight arm. I bent mine up just a little bit after I was still getting the occasional fly off

#5811 4 years ago
Quoted from isJ:

I believe this is the one:
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/12-SMSB

#5812 4 years ago
Quoted from isJ:

Talking of Slo Mo ...

Last week I filmed that switch to see why it wasn’t triggering.

I’d replaced it with a longer arm switch ... mucked around with it for a month ... and I’d still get the occasional “no trigger”

I put the footage on Facebook - check it out.

https://www.facebook.com/532998618/posts/10157373319658619?s=532998618&sfns=mo

Sorry if you don’t have facebook ...

(Spoiler alert ... for those that don’t ... the ball jumps the switch lever!)

rd

#5813 4 years ago

I just joined the club! What do people do to brighten up the upper playfield?

#5814 4 years ago

Comet strip in the back does the trick.

06711BAC-182A-4B40-8B87-962651F33DD3 (resized).jpeg06711BAC-182A-4B40-8B87-962651F33DD3 (resized).jpeg
#5815 4 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

I just joined the club! What do people do to brighten up the upper playfield?

I put a double flex led in the back right corner of the upper pf. One head pointed down towards back of game and the other pointed towards middle of upper pf. It does a pretty good job lighting up everything and super easy install.

#5816 4 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

Comet strip in the back does the trick.[quoted image]

Where did you get the brick decal for the back? That looks totally awesome

#5818 4 years ago

You’re better to keep your original switch and make an extension piece.

My videos above prove that the longer switch isn’t always reliable.

Something like this is the way to go ... I’m making one in the weekend.

rd

12C26BFB-35EB-4D91-9873-207B80ADD8D9 (resized).jpeg12C26BFB-35EB-4D91-9873-207B80ADD8D9 (resized).jpeg
#5819 4 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Where did you get the brick decal for the back? That looks totally awesome

I think it was this I used.

World Model Miniatures Dollhouse Miniature Modern Brick Wall Material https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00Q1ZTDMO/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_1-WaDb7AEXGVJ

#5820 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

You’re better to keep your original switch and make an extension piece.
My videos above prove that the longer switch isn’t always reliable.
Something like this is the way to go ... I’m making one in the weekend.
rd[quoted image]

Sorry I'm not sure what the difference is between the longer switch and the one you posted, it looks like a longer switch that's slightly bent. What am I missing?

#5821 4 years ago
Quoted from isJ:

Sorry I'm not sure what the difference is between the longer switch and the one you posted, it looks like a longer switch that's slightly bent. What am I missing?

It has a plastic bit that relocates the switch.

#5822 4 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

It has a plastic bit that relocates the switch.

Indeed.

That way, the ball is settled down before it hits the switch area.

I guess it depends how your game is set up. I know some have had success with the longer switch in the standard position. And I know others where it hasn’t. My game is super fast and the ball flies up that ramp, as you can see in the videos. It jumps the switch 1 out of 3 times on average.

rd

#5823 4 years ago

Cool idea. Do you have to extend the switch wires? I've had issues with that switch as well.

#5824 4 years ago

I wanna join this club. Some one sell me a shadow!

Also, is there a list of must have mods for this game?

#5825 4 years ago

Must have mods:

Aurich translite and speaker panel
ColorDMD

That's it, IMO. Then again, I just bought this one with a whole lot more mods than just these 2:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-shadow-the-66

#5826 4 years ago

Those are good ones... plus it really does need a decal for the back board. It looks so plain black with just the 3 flashers there.

#5827 4 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Those are good ones... plus it really does need a decal for the back board. It looks so plain with just the 3 flashers there.

The above, plus switching out the orange flasher domes for purple ones (and purple LED flashers) makes a huge difference.

#5828 4 years ago

All of the above, plus I am considering some extra lighting at the back.

#5829 4 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

Must have mods:
ColorDMD
That's it, IMO. Then again, I just bought this one with a whole lot more mods than just these 2:

Congrats! I think you got a killer deal on that one given the new playfield, new parts, mods, colordmd, and custom painting. Love the custom painted sanctum wall target. Looks like real brick.

One thing I think the game needs that most do from that time is added lighting. Upper pf and back area are a little dark.

#5830 4 years ago

Hey guys, having issues with my ball lock release (for multiball at top-right of playfield). Posted details here is anybody has run into this before: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shadow-multiball-release-help#post-5045987

Thank you! -- Craig

#5831 4 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

The above, plus switching out the orange flasher domes for purple ones (and purple LED flashers) makes a huge difference.

The only game I found that I really love Purple Dome Flashers on!! Great Light Show!

#5832 4 years ago

Hey, I have an intermitent weak launcher. I've replaced the sleeve, cleaned all parts of the mech, aligned it to the centre of the ball, checked the voltage and resoldered the coil. Can't think of much else to do. I do have my game jacked up in the back, but it works 80% of the time with way more than enough power. Any thoughts?

#5833 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

The only game I found that I really love Purple Dome Flashers on!! Great Light Show!

Art, I did this months ago based on your recommendation. Awesome change

#5834 4 years ago

Have CPR gold playfield and mini playfield and plastic set coming up for sale in the next few weeks.
This playfield has the inserts to light up the headlights ... will post a formal ad to the market place soon

#5835 4 years ago

To answer my own question, I finally fixed the weak launcher by removing the rubber stopper at the back of the pin. I built a thinner pad and my launcher is crazy powerful. Funny how I fix a problem months old immediately after I finally post. That's how she goes!

#5836 4 years ago

I've had a number of requests so I will be doing another print run of my Shadow Cityscape Decal. These run $30 including shipping to US (international shipping is extra). These are color matched with a halftone dot design from scratch similar to the plastics. Please PM me to let me know if you would like to be added (or removed) to the order list. I should receive these from the printer around the end of June.

On the list I have:

Yesh23
Spacemanratso09
Smurrill1
RobDutch
MANTO1975
attack7777
vulcan903
MikeS

Here's some feedback on the mod: https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/jonesjb/feedback
Shadow Wall 1 (resized).jpgShadow Wall 1 (resized).jpgShadow Wall 2 (resized).jpgShadow Wall 2 (resized).jpg

#5837 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I've had a number of requests so I will be doing another print run of my Shadow Cityscape Decal.

This is a great mod, looks original, fits perfectly, love it on my shadow - thanks jonesjb!

#5838 4 years ago

Hey all! So happy to find this topic

Question re: a fuse that keeps blowing every time I push the "Start" button. For whatever reason, this same fuse blows before the ball gets kicked out into the shooter lane (see attached photo).

Has anyone ever experienced this issue? If so, any insights into what the problem might be?

Thanks in advance!

IMG_0158 (resized).JPGIMG_0158 (resized).JPG
#5839 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I've had a number of requests so I will be doing another print run of my Shadow Cityscape Decal. These run $30 including shipping to US (international shipping is extra). These are color matched with a halftone dot design from scratch similar to the plastics. Please PM me to let me know if you would like to be added (or removed) to the order list. I should receive these from the printer around the end of June.
On the list I have:
yesh23
stuieb84
spacemanratso09
smurrill1
robdutch
manto1975
attack7
vulcan903
mikes
Here's some feedback on the mod: https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/jonesjb/feedback
[quoted image][quoted image]

Hi there - your backdrop is excellent, but I got a spare copy from another user on pinside, so no need for my name to be on this list for the next print run.
stu

#5840 4 years ago
Quoted from Sean_R:

Hey all! So happy to find this topic
Question re: a fuse that keeps blowing every time I push the "Start" button. For whatever reason, this same fuse blows before the ball gets kicked out into the shooter lane (see attached photo).
Has anyone ever experienced this issue? If so, any insights into what the problem might be?
Thanks in advance![quoted image]

You have a short somewhere in that circuit. That's fuse F112. Try looking up what's on that circuit. I'm not sure but guessing it has something to do with the coils. Once coils get energized on game start something shorts. Start with looking for any of the coil lugs touching metal brackets or other bare wires. Maybe wire or diode came loose.

#5841 4 years ago

Hey all I am having an issue with the drop bank on the mini-play-field and was looking for some guidance.

Issue:
When I power on the game it appears to boot fine and run through the coil test. I start a game and get the ball into the mini-playfield and it works fine the first time and even the second time. Then, when the ball attempts to go up to the playfield again, ( still within the same game) the coils pulse as if they are resetting the drop bank. It pulses about 5 times then it will give me an error message. When the ball eventually get onto the mini playfield, the drop targets fall and stay down.

I did find a few posts on this topics and here is what I have tried so far:

1. In switch edge test the optos appear to register fine.
2. I replaced the ribbon cables with ones from another game, but still have the issue. Although it did seem like it took the issue a little longer to manifest.
3. I turned off the mini playfield in the menu and played a game then turned it back on.
4. I reseated the connection to the opto board.

At this point my next step was to swap out the CPU from another game.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

thank you,

#5842 4 years ago
Quoted from Arcadevudoo:

Hey all I am having an issue with the drop bank on the mini-play-field and was looking for some guidance.
Issue:
When I power on the game it appears to boot fine and run through the coil test. I start a game and get the ball into the mini-playfield and it works fine the first time and even the second time. Then, when the ball attempts to go up to the playfield again, ( still within the same game) the coils pulse as if they are resetting the drop bank. It pulses about 5 times then it will give me an error message. When the ball eventually get onto the mini playfield, the drop targets fall and stay down.
I did find a few posts on this topics and here is what I have tried so far:
1. In switch edge test the optos appear to register fine.
2. I replaced the ribbon cables with ones from another game, but still have the issue. Although it did seem like it took the issue a little longer to manifest.
3. I turned off the mini playfield in the menu and played a game then turned it back on.
4. I reseated the connection to the opto board.
At this point my next step was to swap out the CPU from another game.
Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
thank you,

Does the reset bank move freely if you raise it with your hand? Do you feel resistance? You may have a swollen coil or a bad coil sleeve making it hard to reset (and getting harder as the coil heats up and the swelling around the interior gets more pronounced).

#5843 4 years ago

Hi,
I'm facing an issue with the mini-target that gives access to the mini-playfield.
If i push it by hand, it stays up ; but in test or during game, it never manages to raise up enough to be stuck in high position.

Can someone share some pictures on the shaft + coil + switch to try to set it right ??
thanks

#5844 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Does the reset bank move freely if you raise it with your hand? Do you feel resistance? You may have a swollen coil or a bad coil sleeve making it hard to reset (and getting harder as the coil heats up and the swelling around the interior gets more pronounced).

Good question, when I test the coil, it appears to be ok. When I move the target assembly,to reset with my hand, it appears fine. I honestly do not feel a hint of resistance.

#5845 4 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

Must have mods:
ColorDMD

hell of a deal, I had just bought one with a clear coated playfield or I would have purchased this one. Easily a $5500 machine.

#5846 4 years ago

I just saw this on a buddies AFM, his switch arm was getting hung up in the spring. May as well swap out the sleeve and clean the drop while you’re in there tho.

#5847 4 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

You have a short somewhere in that circuit. That's fuse F112. Try looking up what's on that circuit. I'm not sure but guessing it has something to do with the coils. Once coils get energized on game start something shorts. Start with looking for any of the coil lugs touching metal brackets or other bare wires. Maybe wire or diode came loose.

Will do. I'll look tonight. Thanks so much for taking the time to reply! Much appreciated.

#5848 4 years ago

Does anyone have a lead on where to get the gun grip replacements? Is there a way you can use a real gun grip as a substitute?

3B71AE36-40C0-4566-BCEB-642160337637 (resized).jpeg3B71AE36-40C0-4566-BCEB-642160337637 (resized).jpeg
#5849 4 years ago

The left one is available but the right one isn't. Kind of crazy.

https://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/catalogsearch/result/?q=gun+grip+shadow
https://www.pinballdecals.com/PartsByGamePages/Shadow_Page.html

For the rest of the crew here: Any guesses as to what a used right side grip would sell for?

#5850 4 years ago
Quoted from Johncare07:

Does anyone have a lead on where to get the gun grip replacements? Is there a way you can use a real gun grip as a substitute?[quoted image]

I have a few custom wood grips left.....theres a link, next to my avatar.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Buffalo, NY
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tucson, AZ
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

There are 10,927 posts in this topic. You are on page 117 of 219.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-club/page/117?hl=yellowghost and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.