IMG_0517 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0701 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0513 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1404 (resized).JPEG
IMG_1405 (resized).JPEG
IMG_7706 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,927 posts in this topic. You are on page 114 of 219.
#5651 4 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

On my second shadow. I noticed I get a ton of balls jumping off the wireforms on this game. My first I never had the issue. I installed new ramps made by Mantis I believe. On the left ramp it will jump the wireform going right. On the left ramp diverting left it will slam the ring bracket on the ramp and sort of stop, drop in place and then roll down the wireform. The right ramp diverting left will sometimes jump the wireform as well. Anyone have similar experience with the newer ramps? Tempted to weld up the old ones and give them a try. I'm thinking even a slight degree in variance from the originals might be causing this. I noticed when installing the ramp flaps they are super rigid, not sure if that matters? I'm thinking the angle on the ramps are too steep or something.

Just thought I would follow up. Reinstalled the old ramps and game works like a champ. I think the mantis ramps have a slightly higher pitch causing the ball to ride up on the wire forms. I'm stoked. Selling the mantis ramps now.

#5652 4 years ago
Quoted from Hangman01:

Shadow got some color tonight!
[quoted image]

The ColorDMD looks a must on The Shadow, the dots look brilliant. Pity it’s so expensive.

#5653 4 years ago

I might have missed something or am to ignorant to recognize a photo-shop joke when I see one, but here goes:

This picture that I found, is that a available alternative translite - or is it some homemade fan-stuff ?

Edit: Found it ! sorry bout that- but I leave the post anyway if someone else havent seen this translite alternative yet.
Here is a link

https://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/shadow-alternate-translite.13753/

score9738_20140608232451 (resized).jpgscore9738_20140608232451 (resized).jpg

#5654 4 years ago
Quoted from vulcan903:

Like this!
[quoted image]

i like it first time i ve seen it with green

#5655 4 years ago

Delivery seems to have been delayed by a day. Shadow was supposed to show up tomorrow but now it looks like Monday. Would have been nice to play it over the weekend though.

#5656 4 years ago

I'm doing an alt translite package run if anyone is interested and isn't already on my list. Just shoot me a PM.

image001 (resized).jpgimage001 (resized).jpg

#5657 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm doing an alt translite package run if anyone is interested and isn't already on my list. Just shoot me a PM.
[quoted image]

LOVE MINE!! AMAZING work, Aurich!!

#5658 4 years ago
Quoted from SeaLawyer:

LOVE MINE!! AMAZING work, Aurich!!

Thanks! Still one of my all time favorite games, didn't know I'd end up spreading the love for it when I bought it as my first pin, but glad it worked out that way.

#5659 4 years ago

Its here!

Arrived around noon. Had to let some condensation disappear. All seems well so far except a ring snapped right off of its screw. Little glue and she will be good as new again.

20190513_125432 (resized).jpg20190513_125432 (resized).jpg20190513_132433 (resized).jpg20190513_132433 (resized).jpg20190513_175632 (resized).jpg20190513_175632 (resized).jpg20190513_133341 (resized).jpg20190513_133341 (resized).jpg
#5660 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Thanks! Still one of my all time favorite games, didn't know I'd end up spreading the love for it when I bought it as my first pin, but glad it worked out that way.

Now can you PLEASE work with Dan at TiltTopper to design a 3-D (layered) topper to complement your masterpiece?? You’ll LITERALLY sell a thousand of them!! I tried to mock up something with a phurba, but it just looked like the Shadow was getting stabbed in the head...

#5661 4 years ago
Quoted from SeaLawyer:

Now can you PLEASE work with Dan at TiltTopper to design a 3-D (layered) topper to complement your masterpiece?? You’ll LITERALLY sell a thousand of them!! I tried to mock up something with a phurba, but it just looked like the Shadow was getting stabbed in the head...

I'm not much of a topper guy, so I honestly haven't given it any real thought before. Not really interested in any more team ups, kinda soured on that experience, but if I wanted to tackle something like that I'd do my own interactive lighting etc.

Toppers just feel like add-ons to me, I prefer mods that are more integrated with the game as a rule. Never say never though, I'll at least think about it for fun, not sure how I'd approach a Shadow topper.

#5662 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

[quoted image]

I would be in but price stucks me for overseas shipment . Nice translite anyway

#5663 4 years ago

Does anyone have a spare one of the threaded pins that holds
down the battlefield or know where to buy one? Mine is missing
one.

Also I'm trying to decide which titans to put on. I have some
spares around so I've been trying to see what works. I assumed
purple or light blue but a have an orange ring on the sling and it
compliments the orange trim. Has anyone used orange in their game?
If so can you send a pic please. It looks good with the one but I
could see mostly orange becoming too much. Open to other
suggestions if you have pics. So far I'm leaning toward purple
flippers rings with orange rings most of the rest of the game

#5664 4 years ago

I wonder why that post^^^ showed up so wierd

#5665 4 years ago

Purple superbands shown but went with purple titans in the end.

20181230_201751 (resized).jpg20181230_201751 (resized).jpg
#5666 4 years ago

I just replaced my purple titans with light blue. They look pretty good!

#5667 4 years ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

I would be in but price stucks me for overseas shipment . Nice
translite anyway

Yeah, international shipping sucks. I actually lose money shipping to a lot of countries compared to the extra I charge over US shipping. Is what it is!

#5668 4 years ago

Managed to get my hands on a Dutch promotional postcard for the movie from 1994
Will look great framed on the wall next to my Shadow pin!

Postcard 1994 (resized).jpegPostcard 1994 (resized).jpeg
#5669 4 years ago

My gi and backglass lights have a slight flickering to them. Any advice is appreciated.
Also need to find a battlefield lockdown pin (I just have the one)
Thanks

#5670 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

My gi and backglass lights have a slight flickering to them. Any
advice is appreciated.
Also need to find a battlefield lockdown pin (I just have the
one)
Thanks

Only uses one pin to lock down battlefield.
Check your plugs re flickering

#5671 4 years ago
Quoted from Pingball:

Only uses one pin to lock down battlefield.
Check your plugs re flickering

I'm a dummy. I just noticed it was only the one while waxing. At first glance it looks like there is a hole for the right side but it's just a black dot lol.

#5672 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

advice is appreciated.
one)
Thanks

I think there’s only one pin. Heck my game only has one hole.

#5673 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

advice is appreciated.
one)
Thanks

Check your settings. Dimming should be turned off for leds.

#5674 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm not much of a topper guy, so I honestly haven't given it any real thought before. Not really interested in any more team ups, kinda soured on that experience, but if I wanted to tackle something like that I'd do my own interactive lighting etc. Toppers just feel like add-ons to me, I prefer mods that are more integrated with the game as a rule. Never say never though, I'll at least think about it for fun, not sure how I'd approach a Shadow topper.

I'm with you on most aftermarket toppers. My TAF came with one, obviously, and I opted for the LE version of the AFMr (for a variety of reasons, not only the AMAZING topper). But Dan's toppers are things of beauty. I have his T2 topper and it looks OEM, and with the dynamic lighting, it's the PERFECT compliment to T2.

Here it is, if you haven't seen it:

I also ordered this one for my AC/DC Premium, since I was so happy with my T2 one. Again, looks OEM, and the 3D/layered effect with the dynamic lighting is just super awesome!

That leaves my TS as my only modern pin without a topper... None on my early-SS or EM machines, obviously. Dan is interested in doing one for TS, but is looking for design ideas.

#5675 4 years ago

My vote is for black flipper bats and purple Titans. Looks sooooo good.

IMG_20190514_154832 (resized).jpgIMG_20190514_154832 (resized).jpg
#5676 4 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

Purple superbands shown but went with purple titans in the
end.[quoted image]

I actually went with translucent titans throughout as there is plenty of color on the playfield already

05749BA0-6B76-46E1-AC59-27DB98941C07 (resized).jpeg05749BA0-6B76-46E1-AC59-27DB98941C07 (resized).jpeg2DA23F04-3154-4A82-971D-A75A1AAA6E27 (resized).jpeg2DA23F04-3154-4A82-971D-A75A1AAA6E27 (resized).jpeg33ABE068-2A85-4693-B621-EC4590F379B8 (resized).jpeg33ABE068-2A85-4693-B621-EC4590F379B8 (resized).jpeg717E2228-7A62-4A64-B5F1-6DD8D8EAF66C (resized).jpeg717E2228-7A62-4A64-B5F1-6DD8D8EAF66C (resized).jpeg
#5677 4 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Check your settings. Dimming should be turned off for leds.

That seems to have done it. Thanks

#5678 4 years ago

Blue and Yellow bitches. And dump the playfield bulbs under the slings. Rock lit star posts only. Look at that lighting. No blaring shit.

20190514_200547 (resized).jpg20190514_200547 (resized).jpg

#5679 4 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

Blue and Yellow bitches. And dump the playfield bulbs under the slings. Rock lit star posts only. Look at that lighting. No blaring shit.
[quoted image]

This makes me want to play xmen

#5680 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

This makes me want to play xmen

No way stern is this innovative. In addition, I don't know why anyone would want to play one over a sweet b/w. I don't even look at sterns on location if one happens to be in the establishment that is lucky enough to have me patron. Fool, do you know what thread you're in?

#5681 4 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

No way stern is this innovative. In addition, I don't know why anyone would want to play one over a sweet b/w. I don't even look at sterns on location if one happens to be in the establishment that is lucky enough to have me patron. Fool, do you know what thread you're in?

The flipper colours are xmen looking. Settle down agro

#5682 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

The flipper colours are xmen looking. Settle down agro

That was sarcasm.

#5683 4 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

That was sarcasm.

What part of it was supposed to seem sarcastic?

#5684 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Yeah, international shipping sucks. I actually lose money
shipping to a lot of countries compared to the extra I charge over
US shipping. Is what it is!

Would it be feasible to find a printer in Europe and process the order ? I can try to find a guy in my pinball group ?

#5685 4 years ago
Quoted from BrewNinja:

My vote is for black flipper bats and purple Titans. Looks sooooo good.
[quoted image]

I have green Titans on mine and it blends perfectly with the car. Pic isn’t great sorry.

F085FC8A-AD8C-4466-8681-9A2D0CBE32B0 (resized).jpegF085FC8A-AD8C-4466-8681-9A2D0CBE32B0 (resized).jpeg
#5686 4 years ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

Would it be feasible to find a printer in Europe and process the order ? I can try to find a guy in my pinball group ?

Seems like that would be a lot of work for Aurich, instead of you just paying an extra $20-$30 to cover shipping.

#5687 4 years ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

Nah, I want to personally see everything before it goes out. This is a really small boutique operation here, I'm just a guy trying to do some fun projects for a tight knit little community. I don't sell outside of Pinside, and it's important to me that everything looks right. I have a personal relationship with my printer, really enjoy working with him, and he's done a lot of work to make sure what we do lights up beautifully, because he's a pinball guy and gets it.

Anyone who's ever had any kind of problem with anything I've done knows that I stand behind my product and want everyone to be happy. If there's a minor issue it's still an issue, I'll always do whatever I can to make it right. Someone else printing in a country I'm not in and not seeing what's going out? Not something I'd want.

I'm not complaining about the shipping stuff, I've been doing this for years now, never raised the price. It can cost me $65 to ship to some countries though. So just being honest when I say that the international shipping price is the best I can do, and if it's too much I hear you, but it is what it is. It's frankly easier and better for me to ship to people in the United States. No customs forms, no smaller profit margin, no stress about overseas travel damaging boxes or nonsense.

Tell you my favorite one: Shipped a package to a customer in Austria. It's taking forever, where is the damn package? We check the tracking. Post office sent it to Australia.

Amazingly enough, they figured it out, shipped it back to the US, and then it was routed to Austria. Arrived undamaged, just took like 6 weeks. Customer told me it's actually not uncommon, and that they recommend anyone who ships to Austria write "Europe" after it.

#5688 4 years ago

I had a package going to Ontario, California. The label showed ONTARIO CA. My bad for assuming the post office actually can read a label.

Somehow the post office read that as Canada. They even called me asking for the proper postal code When I repeated the five digit Zip code, the light bulb went off and said, oops, we misread it. Four weeks later...

#5689 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Tell you my favorite one: Shipped a package to a customer in Austria. It's taking forever, where is the damn package? We check the tracking. Post office sent it to Australia.
Amazingly enough, they figured it out, shipped it back to the US, and then it was routed to Austria. Arrived undamaged, just took like 6 weeks. Customer told me it's actually not uncommon, and that they recommend anyone who ships to Austria write "Europe" after it.

Haha how funny as we sometimes see it the other way around, whereby we request shipping to Australia and it ends up in Austria

#5690 4 years ago

I've shipped a lot of packages, and I honestly have almost nothing but good experiences with the postal service. But sometimes funny mistakes do happen.

#5691 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Nah, I want to personally see everything before it goes out. This is a really small boutique operation here, I'm just a guy trying to do some fun projects for a tight knit little community. I don't sell outside of Pinside, and it's important to me that everything looks right. I have a personal relationship with my printer, really enjoy working with him, and he's done a lot of work to make sure what we do lights up beautifully, because he's a pinball guy and gets it.
Anyone who's ever had any kind of problem with anything I've done knows that I stand behind my product and want everyone to be happy. If there's a minor issue it's still an issue, I'll always do whatever I can to make it right. Someone else printing in a country I'm not in and not seeing what's going out? Not something I'd want.
I'm not complaining about the shipping stuff, I've been doing this for years now, never raised the price. It can cost me $65 to ship to some countries though. So just being honest when I say that the international shipping price is the best I can do, and if it's too much I hear you, but it is what it is. It's frankly easier and better for me to ship to people in the United States. No customs forms, no smaller profit margin, no stress about overseas travel damaging boxes or nonsense.

thanks a lot for your post. That was really an open idea, and I totally get your point.
I'll think about that, once the Shadow is tuned.
Thanks and keep this line, that's exactly what I like in pinball community ^^

#5692 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

[quoted image]

I'm on the Aurich list and can't wait to get mine.

A couple of questions from a new 'the Shadow' devotee (mine arrived 6 days ago):

* are the new mantis ramps worth it?
* if I am to metal plate the ramps and wireframes, does this wear quickly?
* what does this group think about pinblades? do the ones that are available fit this theme?
* what are the best rubbers/silicone for the shadow pinball?
* what colors do you recommend for powdercoating the sides and lock bar? the one that I purchased came with a gold/black, but I am thinking to get it replaced with a metallic blue or purple.
* Any other pearls of wisdom for a newbie shadow owner?

Stuie B

#5693 4 years ago
Quoted from Stuieb84:

A couple of questions from a new 'the Shadow' devotee (mine arrived 6 days ago):
* what does this group think about pinblades? do the ones that are available fit this theme?
* what colors do you recommend for powdercoating the sides and lock bar? the one that I purchased came with a gold/black, but I am thinking to get it replaced with a metallic blue or purple.
Stuie B

....P.S within my apartment space I can only fit one pinball machine, so I want to make this one shine, and make the shadow run as best as it can.

#5694 4 years ago
Quoted from Stuieb84:

Stuie B

- if you need new ramps they’re great but no better than the originals.
- not that I know of, especially if you have a good job done.
- pinblades are cool. The city ones fit the theme pretty well IMO, especially if you have the city backboard decal.
- I’m going with clear titan rings and already have light blue Titan flipper rubbers and color matched Cliffy posts on mine. This is really subjective tho, so you be you.
- I think the black nickel looks really good.
- Before you do a bunch of mods/upgrades, know what you have... if your cabinet/PF isn’t great, all the upgrades in the world won’t make it better so you’re probably better off making it play perfect than spending a bunch of cash dressing it up!

#5695 4 years ago
Quoted from Stuieb84:

are the new mantis ramps worth it?

If your welds are broken on your original ramps, then the new mantis ones are absolutely worth it. They also have stainless ramp flaps on them which really modernize the look of the game.

Quoted from Stuieb84:

what are the best rubbers/silicone for the shadow pinball?

Marco specialties, in my opinion has the best rubber quality. Grab a white kit. It has more bounce. I’m not a fan of silicone or colored rubber rings. They just don’t play right, and look tacky. If you MUST add a touch of color, purple flipper rubbers look pretty sharp.

Quoted from Stuieb84:

what does this group think about pinblades?

I personally believe that they’re too distracting. I’m not a fan, but I can see the allure.

Quoted from Stuieb84:

what colors do you recommend for powdercoating the sides and lock bar? the one that I purchased came with a gold/black, but I am thinking to get it replaced with a metallic blue or purple.

Again, not a fan of powder coating. I think the traditional stainless steel trim looks clean and timeless. I have seen black powder coating though, and that does look sharp. But as always, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Do what you like and enjoy the game!

Quoted from Stuieb84:

Any other pearls of wisdom for a newbie shadow owner?

Make sure the sanctum is protected. Wax and slap on a piece of Mylar. Keep your optos clean, and check the battlefield motor rack for damage. The metal bracket is infamous for being easily broken.

Have fun!

#5696 4 years ago

Where can one find these mantis ramps?

#5697 4 years ago
Quoted from Stuieb84:

Stuie B

For Mantis stuff - https://mantispinball.com/

Mantis parts work great as factory replacments but I would ramps unless they are broken. In general, I would not spend too much on plating, blades, powdercoating, etc. I get trying to make the game nice but you will not get that money back. Better to save your money to trade up to a nicer game later or find a way to squeeze in another pin. If you can only have one pin, I would plan on rotating games often to keep things fresh. Any one pin gets old pretty fast.

For rubbers, check out Titan. They are silicon rubbers and work well as a rubber replacement. They don't get dirty as fast as rubbers and of course you get lots of color choices. I use them on all my games but still use regular rubbers on flippers.

#5698 4 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

For Mantis stuff - https://mantispinball.com/
Mantis parts work great as factory replacments but I would ramps unless they are broken.

Thanks. My left ramp has some welds popping. Nothing major yet but I might buy a set of mantis ramps for the future.

#5699 4 years ago
Quoted from Stuieb84:

Stuie B

I just ordered the v1 Tilt Graphics blades from Mezel (as part of a larger order). I think they go perfectly with jonesjb's back cabinet sticker (which I love). The inside walls of my cab are pretty banged up, such that they'd need to be filled/sanded/painted to look good again. Covering them up seemed like the better option.

The-Shadow-CityScape-GameBlades-222 (resized).jpgThe-Shadow-CityScape-GameBlades-222 (resized).jpg

I'm thinking about going with brass rails/lockdown bar/legs and wireforms. It will be expensive, no doubt, but brass looks really good on this game (although I didn't want the brass mirror blades), and since I'm never selling this puppy anyway, I don't really care if I won't recoup that cost. I do wonder how long it will last, though. I think plated ramps wouldn't hold up as well as wire forms, but I could be wrong. Pinballplating does sell some plated ramps in brass only (not for TS), and the other ramps they sell are polished. Polishing for ramps seems like the better option.

#5700 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Thanks. My left ramp has some welds popping. Nothing major yet but I might buy a set of mantis ramps for the future.

My ramp welds were shot and i got the mantis ramps. I was already re-plating all of the wireforms so i had the mantis replacements plated at the same time and they look amazing and work just fine.

I'm not the kind of guy who gets stuff powdercoated unless it was powdercoated originally, but if you are going that route you should scroll through the history of this topic for inpiration. There are some very good examples, and some very bad examples!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

Machine - For Sale
Buffalo, NY
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tucson, AZ
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Aurora, IL
€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,927 posts in this topic. You are on page 114 of 219.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-club/page/114?hl=brewninja and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.