IMG_0517 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0701 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0513 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1404 (resized).JPEG
IMG_1405 (resized).JPEG
IMG_7706 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,927 posts in this topic. You are on page 112 of 219.
#5551 5 years ago
Quoted from Swainer80:

Is that it? Is that your refute? You slam someone and then have the balls to try to walk it back and say you are not personally slamming someone? You have posted the video of the game goofing off . . . call out the tech to look at it, it sounds like that contingency has been planned as well as paid for, and get it figured out. It is 25 year old machine, shit happens, deal with it. Speaking of doth protest too much, did you hear your self on the video!? . . .sheesh, fking drama queen.

Quoted from Swainer80:

Elevator man, save it! For some reason the Pinbot my friend bought from you, for his mom, was flaky as f**k after playing it for anything more than 15 mins. It took a while to figure out, but after seeing the flashers flicker when the flippers were flipped we found the the snubber diode leads were just twisted loosely through the flipper coil lug eyelets. Don't throw any stones buddy.

Pot calling the kettle black!!!

#5552 5 years ago
Quoted from SDTMinSTL:

I would like to take the opportunity to clear some things up here and give some facts related to this sale and Marshall's ( spacemanratso09 ) attempt at dragging my name in the mud.
Here is the timeline:
-Marshall calls me to come see a machine at my home. He brings his family. He comes over, they all play games for a while and then admits to me later he had no intention of buying the game (it was a Last Action Hero, HUO, mint condition). He had just bought one and wants to see how mine compares to his. I had no issue with that at all. It's pinball. We are all family. He notices my Shadow and flips out about how nice it is. His wife agrees. He says he would love to own it someday.
-He flakes out on another "sale." Commits to it, backs out. Two other opportunities to sell missed. No problem. I say nothing. We talk on the phone from time to time.
-Shadow functions fine all this time. I replace the ramps with Mantis ramps. I replaced the phurba parts I was able to. I end up selling the game to a random guy in Kentucky for a moderate price. He loves the game.
-Marshall contacts me and says he wants the game bad. I tell him I no longer have it.
-Calls again. Insists he wants the game. Is willing to pay, what in my mind, is crazy money for it. $4,400. I contact the original person who bought the machine and ask if there is anyway he would sell the game back to me. He agrees to sell it to me for slightly higher than I sold it for. Despite the 5 hour drive, there is a few hundred bucks profit I am looking at. Marshall is pinfamily, so I go pick it up. In KENTUCKY. I am in St. Louis. I tell him I need a $500 deposit if I am to make the drive. I know his reputation of not following through. He agrees. The machine will be picked up by March 29th to prevent flaking. He pays deposit. I give him the invoice shown. I drive to Kentucky. The machine checks out.
-Machine comes home. It will be a few weeks till he gets it. I set it up in my home. Machine plays fine, but I notice the sound is cutting out. I check connections, wires etc. Everything checks out. I do not want this to be a surprise. I contact Marshall and tell him what it is doing. I offer to give him his deposit back and cancel the deal. He insists he still wants it. I tell him I will pay to have it fixed, and just because I feel bad, I knock $200 off. Both texts pictured below. The tech comes, I pay him double his normal rate and he fixes it and assures me he will follow up with Marshall if it has any further problems at no extra charge. Marshall knows the tech, and he confirms this with him, and also confirms that the machine was tested and working.
-Marshall, of course, flakes on the pickup. It gets pushed back, and back. I never threaten to keep his deposit. I just grin and bear it.
-He finally picks it up yesterday. (4-4-19) He claims he is in a hurry so he asks if I will pack the game, take it out of my basement, and have it ready in my driveway for pickup. I begrudgingly agree.
-He arrives, loads the game, and leaves. Happy as hell. Says he would take the game "even if it wasn't working" and thanks me for handling it the way I did.
-I receive a text saying he didn't realize it wasn't as nice as he thought and he wants his money back.
-I slap my forehead and tell him no. He harassed me via text till 1am last night. He now claims it was not functioning at all. The tech was wrong, I am wrong. We are all lying I suppose.
I take a lot of pride in my reputation. Not only here on pinside, but everywhere. My experiences with buyers and sellers is always near perfect, and my feedback reflects that. I gave Marshall ample opportunity to back out of this deal, refunded him money I didn't have to, and PREPAID a tech in case he had any further issues. Now I am a "fucker." Exhausting. On premise alone, this is absurd.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Seller looks like he went out of the way to accommodate. The buyer comes across as rather impusive. Why not wait and get a Shadow when it becomes available instead of overpaying to try to get a pin that’s already sold? Just wait.

#5553 5 years ago

You know what the weirdest thing
I got lucky and I think all problems are solved
My bad obviously I over reacted big time
I was wrong
Ive apologized to the other side and it’s all good
Nothing to see here

#5554 5 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Seller looks like he went out of the way to accommodate. The buyer comes across as rather impusive. Why not wait and get a Shadow when it becomes available instead of overpaying to try to get a pin that’s already sold? Just wait.

I was approached about the game coming available I had been looking for awhile its my favorite game but doesn’t matter it’s squashed it’s all good

#5555 5 years ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

I was wrong
Nothing to see here

How about this? Instead of getting a game, noticing some game-breaking faults, then immediately coming on Pinside and calling out and cussing the seller by his real name, why don't you call that tech that has been prepaid for you? It's clear from the seller's post and screenshots that he noticed some problems with the game a few weeks ago, told you about them, paid a tech to fix them, paid that tech extra to follow up with you after you bought the game since they were never able to reproduce the issue, and then knocked $200 off the price for the hassle.

It's no wonder that he doesn't want anything to do with you anymore with your attitude. You got a game you're excited about and it has a major issue, that sucks. It's happened to all of us. You were warned about the potential issue before you even bought it. And steps were taken to resolve it before you even bought it. So don't come on here screaming and cussing about it and skewing the story to make yourself look like a victim, try and resolve the problem like an adult. Call the tech that's already been paid to resolve this exact issue.

#5556 5 years ago

J bird very meticulous totally that’s why I was so pumped to get a chance at his shadow for sure
Yup your right
All good

#5557 5 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

Pot calling the kettle black!!!

There is a distinction. I understand that shit can happen with machines, I've had my fair share and I get it. Diodes laced through coil eyelets with a game passed off as good to go is weak. If the solder joints got cold I get it, but that wasn't the case. Perhaps it was "working" just fine before it was sold, but I have my reservations. I'm just not going to stand for it when others pile it on.

#5558 5 years ago

Damnit, i almost got a good buy !!!

8E68E3FE-17C8-4BF6-9386-6C4664A95114 (resized).png8E68E3FE-17C8-4BF6-9386-6C4664A95114 (resized).png

#5559 5 years ago

Damn!

The Shadow thread is the new hot place to come for Pinside drama!

rd

#5560 5 years ago

I was wrong
Nothing to see here

Well wtf? After all the drama has now unfolded how about posting a followup of what the damn problem was and how it got resolved?
Holy shit, everyone come back tomorrow for another action-packed drama-filled episode of as the Pinball World Turns

#5561 5 years ago

the shadow knows

#5562 5 years ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

how about posting a followup of what the damn problem was and how it got resolved?

Loose connector from the move would be my guess.

#5563 5 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

Loose connector from the move would be my guess.

Was guessing loose connector also or a cracked solder joint from a bumpy ride home.

#5564 5 years ago

I was wrong
Nothing to see here

What was the issue?

#5565 5 years ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Was guessing loose connector also or a cracked solder joint from a bumpy ride home.

If it was moved on the roads in my area it would have a split cabinet.

#5566 5 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

What was the issue?

The buyer overpaid and was a little emotional.

#5567 5 years ago

Unfortunately I've sold my last custom Shadow cityscape decal for a little while ago. I didn't expect so many people to want to the decal, and for it to sell out so quickly!

If there is enough interest, I may run another print run. Please send me a message if you want to be on a wait list.

To those that bought one... Thanks for the support, and I'd love to see photos!

IMG_9980 (resized).jpgIMG_9980 (resized).jpgDecal 2 (resized).jpegDecal 2 (resized).jpeg
#5568 5 years ago

Hi, haven't been coming here for quite some time (2 yrs or more), haven't been firing up my Shadow much either in that time and now it has developed a strange DMD issue that reminds me of something I read here while ago, but I can't find it anymore and I tried searching all kinds of DMD issues. Namely, the letters shown on DMD are not in the same row anymore, they are alternating a-little-above then a-little-below in a wobbly pattern much more prominent with bigger fonts than with regular letters, they each have a fixed offset and go up and down, it is annoying and looks disturbing and is a symptom of something promising to fail further (DMD also started degassing). Has anyone seen anything like it, is it memory problem, wonky connections? Thanks

#5569 5 years ago
Quoted from Ika:

Hi, haven't been coming here for quite some time (2 yrs or more), haven't been firing up my Shadow much either in that time and now it has developed a strange DMD issue that reminds me of something I read here while ago, but I can't find it anymore and I tried searching all kinds of DMD issues. Namely, the letters shown on DMD are not in the same row anymore, they are alternating a-little-above then a-little-below in a wobbly pattern much more prominent with bigger fonts than with regular letters, they each have a fixed offset and go up and down, it is annoying and looks disturbing and is a symptom of something promising to fail further (DMD also started degassing). Has anyone seen anything like it, is it memory problem, wonky connections? Thanks

If you haven't already, reseat your ribbon cables in the back box.

#5570 5 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Yea. It's the right tab on mine. I'll get a pic in here later.

Seems I didn't remember that correctly. It's the left tab that's broken.
Here's how it looks.
Hard to notice when you are playing, and basically invisible when the drops are up.

mpf2 (resized).jpgmpf2 (resized).jpgmpf3 (resized).jpgmpf3 (resized).jpg
#5571 5 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

If it was moved on the roads in my area it would have a split cabinet.

I thought to myself: come to MN and then complain about your roads. Then I saw your location.

#5572 5 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Here's how it looks.
Hard to notice when you are playing, and basically invisible when the drops are up.[quoted image][quoted image]

Look up a few posts and you'll see I ordered that part last week and you can check if another is available. Was like $25 shipped.

#5573 5 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

If you haven't already, reseat your ribbon cables in the back box.

Especially the one ribbon cable that goes to the dmd.

#5574 5 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Here's how it looks.
Hard to notice when you are playing, and basically invisible when the drops are up.[quoted image][quoted image]

You could hit that repair with a little black paint or marker and it would just disappear.

#5575 5 years ago

After ignoring them for years I finally did it; I bought a ColorDMD for my Shadow!
Wasn't a fan of it at first and thought they made 90's games look "too modern", but played it in the wild with a ColorDMD and I HAD to have one myself.. So much more detail!
Will post a photo once I have it.

#5576 5 years ago

joining the club
a good deal on a DIRTY Shadow.
a good cleaning step and tweaking, but everything works.
what are the current option to repair the burnt sanctum area ? overlay from pinball.center had a lot if negative feedbacks..
first balls were enjoyable , a lot to do !

#5577 5 years ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

joining the club
a good deal on a DIRTY Shadow.
a good cleaning step and tweaking, but everything works.
what are the current option to repair the burnt sanctum area ? overlay from pinball.center had a lot if negative feedbacks..
first balls were enjoyable , a lot to do !

le mieux c de reboucher au mastic carrosserie et repeindre la zone entière et ensuite vernir.
le reste c du bricolage pour moi.

the best thing is to repaint all the area and then clear it all.

#5578 5 years ago

thanks (Merci )

#5579 5 years ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

what are the current option to repair the burnt sanctum area ?

The method I used has been holding up really well, and is almost a seamless repair, without the use of stickers or decals.

If you can find it in France, the paint company called “Apple Barrel” (sold at most big box craft stores, at least here in the states) sells a color called “country grey” which is almost a perfect match for the grey already on the playfield.

Clean up the area with some Novus 2, tape off the edges, and fill in any divot or worn wood with epoxy. Let that cure completely, then block sand it down flat.

Then paint the area with the aforementioned paint, and seal it in with a small square of Mylar. Unless you’re standing right over it, or specifically looking for the repair, it really isn’t noticeable.

If you search, you’ll see my brief write up, but this is the before:
3673D421-B8E0-4F9F-A935-6369C63AC83D (resized).jpeg3673D421-B8E0-4F9F-A935-6369C63AC83D (resized).jpeg
And the after:
8692EF14-E233-471F-9FA6-DC830E402051 (resized).jpeg8692EF14-E233-471F-9FA6-DC830E402051 (resized).jpeg

#5580 5 years ago

Thanks a lot, i'll dig that

#5581 5 years ago

Gray is the hardest color to match. To avoid the mis match . paint all the gray in that area. Not just the small area.And you wont see it.

#5582 5 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Unfortunately I've sold my last custom Shadow cityscape decal for a little while ago. I didn't expect so many people to want to the decal, and for it to sell out so quickly!
If there is enough interest, I may run another print run. Please send me a message if you want to be on a wait list.
To those that bought one... Thanks for the support, and I'd love to see photos!
[quoted image][quoted image]

I like the purple theme going on here. Put me on the wait list please.

#5583 5 years ago
Quoted from vulcan903:

I like the purple theme going on here. Put me on the wait list please.

vulcan903 you’re on the waiting list!

#5584 5 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

vulcan903 you’re on the waiting list!

I want one too!

#5585 5 years ago

Recently bought this title and just started having a problem with the wire form to the upper playfield. I’ve had a couple of air balls where the ball seems to clip the corner of the yellow stand up target where the wire form dumps the ball onto the playfield. I didn’t really notice how the wire form was positioned until this started happening. There is a slight amount of overlap between the top of the wire form and a corner of one of the stand up targets. Wondering if that bit of overlap is normal?? The wire form is solid, not cracked anywhere and doesn’t appear to be bent at all. Thanks

#5586 5 years ago
Quoted from Brog319:

Recently bought this title and just started having a problem with the wire form to the upper playfield. I’ve had a couple of air balls where the ball seems to clip the corner of the yellow stand up target where the wire form dumps the ball onto the playfield. I didn’t really notice how the wire form was positioned until this started happening. There is a slight amount of overlap between the top of the wire form and a corner of one of the stand up targets. Wondering if that bit of overlap is normal?? The wire form is solid, not cracked anywhere and doesn’t appear to be bent at all. Thanks

Maybe get a picture and we can compare for you?

#5587 5 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Maybe get a picture and we can compare for you?

D14549BF-7604-42BE-99C4-27837DE5C920 (resized).jpegD14549BF-7604-42BE-99C4-27837DE5C920 (resized).jpeg
#5588 5 years ago
Quoted from Brog319:

[quoted image]

Mine lines up the same way, it’s not in line with the space between the targets

#5589 5 years ago

mines like that too. think its normal. could always add a few washers to lift ramp up a little higher I guess.

#5590 5 years ago

1EFFC395-780B-48FE-A9E0-A44505B59404 (resized).jpeg1EFFC395-780B-48FE-A9E0-A44505B59404 (resized).jpeg

Mines a little off center but not quite as much. Also seems to be a little taller?

Are you sure your battleground is seated all the way down?

#5591 5 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

[quoted image]
Mines a little off center but not quite as much. Also seems to be a little taller?

That’s what I was thinking too. I know the previous owner had done some work on the UP, I’ll check that first.

Thanks guys

#5592 5 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

[quoted image]

Ok, definitely not seated all the way. Take a look at difference in backboard. Problem is I don’t see anywhere that I can make an adjustment. In the second photo it shows where the base of the kicker assembly is bottoming out on the plexi guard piece on the playfield.

Any ideas?

Thanks

5DC9E084-D300-411A-AC4D-A57871327F79 (resized).jpeg5DC9E084-D300-411A-AC4D-A57871327F79 (resized).jpegE1C2F7D6-41ED-4662-90C1-9C59A64306D4 (resized).jpegE1C2F7D6-41ED-4662-90C1-9C59A64306D4 (resized).jpeg
#5593 5 years ago
Quoted from Brog319:

Ok, definitely not seated all the way. Take a look at difference in backboard. Problem is I don’t see anywhere that I can make an adjustment. In the second photo it shows where the base of the kicker assembly is bottoming out on the plexi guard piece on the playfield.
Any ideas?
Thanks
[quoted image][quoted image]

Lift the mini playfield up and reseat it .

It is hinged and lifts up like a car hood. Probably wasn't aligned properly the last time it was set back down before it was tightened.

#5594 5 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

Lift the mini playfield up and reseat it .
It is hinged and lifts up like a car hood. Probably wasn't aligned properly the last time it was set back down before it was tightened.

I’ve had it up and back down. The problem is the base of kicker assembly is bottoming out. It can’t lay down any further. The thumb screw is perfectly aligned and goes in easily.

Maybe this thing was completely taken apart and not put back together correctly.

IDK??

#5595 5 years ago
Quoted from Brog319:

I’ve had it up and back down. The problem is the base of kicker assembly is bottoming out. It can’t lay down any further. The thumb screw is perfectly aligned and goes in easily.
Maybe this thing was completely taken apart and not put back together correctly.
IDK??

The ends of the panels at the back are not alligned on mine and it should be that way. Wiggle it a bit side to side and it should seat fine. Roll a ball down at the back and if it rolls smoothly, its in right

#5596 5 years ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

The ends of the panels at the back are not alligned on mine and it should be that way. Wiggle it a bit side to side and it should seat fine. Roll a ball down at the back and if it rolls smoothly, its in right

Thanks. Good to know yours is offset too. I added a couple washers under the front attachment point at base of wire form. That tilted it nicely and it’s now clear of the standup target. Appreciate the help.

#5597 5 years ago

Just installed my first ColorDMD in my Shadow and it looks awesome!
But I do have a question: there seems to be some delay between animations and sometimes the screen goes black for a second, is this normal?

WhatsApp Image 2019-04-14 at 20.22.50 (resized).jpegWhatsApp Image 2019-04-14 at 20.22.50 (resized).jpeg
#5598 5 years ago
Quoted from RobDutch:

Just installed my first ColorDMD in my Shadow and it looks awesome!
But I do have a question: there seems to be some delay between animations and sometimes the screen goes black for a second, is this normal?
[quoted image]

That is not normal. There should be no change in performance. Maybe reseat the ribbon cables. I have noticed sometimes after installing a color dmd, I may encounter problems with 12v light mods I might have installed.

#5599 5 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

That is not normal. There should be no change in performance. Maybe reseat the ribbon cables. I have noticed sometimes after installing a color dmd, I may encounter problems with 12v light mods I might have installed.

Thank you Scoot , will reseat and check

#5600 5 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

The buyer overpaid and was a little emotional.

Buyer actually paid what it’s worth but anyway,now that the game is actually working I have a lot of issues I may need some help with
Buyer let all that go cause it’s not worth it

If anyone knows where to get the upper ramp behind the battlefield I would greatly appreciate it I did the foam suggestion and worked like a charm thank you but obviously would love locate a replacement
Also,with the new ramps on my game I have old ones that are I pretty good shape nothing broke anybody needs one shipping only hit me up
Thanks

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

7,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hamilton, ON
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Aurora, IL
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

There are 10,927 posts in this topic. You are on page 112 of 219.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-club/page/112?hl=benetnath and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.