IMG_0517 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0701 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0513 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1404 (resized).JPEG
IMG_1405 (resized).JPEG
IMG_7706 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,927 posts in this topic. You are on page 110 of 219.
#5451 5 years ago

I am assuming no one has posted this yet. I spotted it on craigslist and I got a pretty good giggle out of it so I thought I would share. So much so, I may post it in the regular general forum as well. Apparently, when it comes to the sanctum, it pays to discover.

Sanctum wear (resized).jpgSanctum wear (resized).jpg
#5452 5 years ago

Someone posted that in the worst hacks thread. Honestly, that doesn't look too bad! I've seen worse paint matching jobs!

#5453 5 years ago

Can anyone post a picture of the upper flipper coil and it's wiring?

I had an the upper coil seize up a while back. I replaced it, but it hasn't seemed right ever since. Though I'd double check my wiring first and then work from there.

Thanks!

#5454 5 years ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

Can anyone post a picture of the upper flipper coil and it's wiring?
I had an the upper coil seize up a while back. I replaced it, but it hasn't seemed right ever since. Though I'd double check my wiring first and then work from there.
Thanks!

Hope this helps...

20190314_172117 (resized).jpg20190314_172117 (resized).jpg
#5455 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballCoug:

Hope this helps...
[quoted image]

Perfect. Much appreciated!

#5456 5 years ago
Quoted from Demoman1:

Chromed mine......
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I like the purple lights replacing the green on the playfield.
I've put spot lights on the sling shots.will post once my 5A fuses arrive as I blew F110 this week.

#5457 5 years ago

Does anyone have a spare bracket and plunger assy for the wall target they could sell me? Mine is worn and the wall won’t reach high enough and so isn’t working. Everywhere seems out of stock:

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-18752

#5459 5 years ago
Quoted from MANTO1975:

Hi everyone,
I am currently having my Shadow fully stripped and refurbed to like new, would just like to know what you all would do with the legs, side rails and lock down bar, I cant decide on gloss black or fully chromed.
cheers
Trevor

Thanks for your opinions everyone, still cant make up my mind.
cheers

#5460 5 years ago
Quoted from MANTO1975:

cheers

Rails and legs black, gun chrome (to match the movie, unless you just don’t care about that kind of thing) would be my vote.

Going all chrome would be cool too.

#5461 5 years ago

Fixed -Alright I was able to work on my Shadow last night for a couple of hours and got the magnet area fixed. Seemed to be the switch at the bottom of the drop target causing problems for me.. I adjusted the switch so it only registers when the drop target drops, mine was registering from the little metal bar instead and everything now seems to be working correctly now. Thanks everyone for your help!

#5462 5 years ago

Black chrome (nickel plating) looks beautiful...my vote.
blackchrome_shadow_gun (resized).jpgblackchrome_shadow_gun (resized).jpg

#5463 5 years ago
Quoted from dluth:

Does anyone have a spare bracket and plunger assy for the wall target they could sell me? Mine is worn and the wall won’t reach high enough and so isn’t working. Everywhere seems out of stock:
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-18752

Keep looking. It probly will be back in stock eventually

#5464 5 years ago

Hey,

I finally got around to attempting to adjust my diverters, but from the looks of it, there will be more work involved. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like it's a matter of loosening the hex screw and adjusting the arm assembly. Everything looks warn out and the left diverter is actually hitting the coil. Check out these videos and let me know what you think I need to do, and if parts are needed the best place to get them. Also, the one hitting the coil is the left diverter and the other one is the right diverter.

Thanks!!

#5465 5 years ago

Does anyone know the type and size of the screws holding the gun to the cabinet?

#5466 5 years ago
Quoted from MANTO1975:

cheers

Here’s my all black one we just finished recently. Everything black. Almost.

rd

2A458BDE-29D3-4979-AAA5-D1727EA0F9B1 (resized).jpeg2A458BDE-29D3-4979-AAA5-D1727EA0F9B1 (resized).jpegCCAB4CB5-D2F6-4BA5-8EA2-9468F8060D23 (resized).jpegCCAB4CB5-D2F6-4BA5-8EA2-9468F8060D23 (resized).jpeg
#5467 5 years ago
Quoted from RockBass14:

Hey,
I finally got around to attempting to adjust my diverters, but from the looks of it, there will be more work involved. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like it's a matter of loosening the hex screw and adjusting the arm assembly. Everything looks warn out and the left diverter is actually hitting the coil. Check out these videos and let me know what you think I need to do, and if parts are needed the best place to get them. Also, the one hitting the coil is the left diverter and the other one is the right diverter.
Thanks!!

That looks like the set screw collar on the diverter arm is moving independently from the crank arm. The collar and arm should be one solid piece. It used to be hard to find, but Marco now has them in stock. It might just need this piece: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-18983

#5468 5 years ago

Thanks, I'll start with that. Hopefully, that's all that it needs! Is there something I should just swap out while I'm down there and do a overhaul of the diverter assemblies?

#5469 5 years ago
Quoted from RockBass14:

Thanks, I'll start with that. Hopefully, that's all that it needs! Is there something I should just swap out while I'm down there and do a overhaul of the diverter assemblies?

If you didn't take the spring off to make it easier to see, you're missing the tension spring.
You probaby want to replace the roll pin that connects the crank arm to the armature.
Maybe replace the coil sleeves while you have things apart.
Nice diagrams with part numbers in the manual, which is available on IPDB as PDF if you don't already have it.

#5470 5 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

If you didn't take the spring off to make it easier to see, you're missing the tension spring.
You probaby want to replace the roll pin that connects the crank arm to the armature.
Maybe replace the coil sleeves while you have things apart.
Nice diagrams with part numbers in the manual, which is available on IPDB as PDF if you don't already have it.

More good info; I don't have that manual but I'll be sure to get it. I didn't remove any springs so maybe it popped off, I'll have to look inside the cabinet for it. Are the parts you mentioned all available on Marco?

#5471 5 years ago
Quoted from RockBass14:

More good info; I don't have that manual but I'll be sure to get it. I didn't remove any springs so maybe it popped off, I'll have to look inside the cabinet for it. Are the parts you mentioned all available on Marco?

I dont think that plunger is available anymore but I could be wrong. You could have somebody spot weld it until you can find one

#5472 5 years ago
Quoted from RockBass14:

Are the parts you mentioned all available on Marco?

Should be. Those are pretty standard, inexpensive parts.
If the tension springs are missing, that's probably a lot of the looseness in your diverters, since they keep tension on the assembly. If that exact spring is not available, it seems like any generally similar size spring would work. The collar on the crank arm in the lower video does look broken though.
yg is probably right about the plunger armature not being available. It would be surprising if that needs to be replaced though. Just clean that up and make sure the plunger ends are smooth when you have it apart. The broken collar on the crank arm might be weldable, but it is now available as a replacement part.

#5473 5 years ago
Quoted from RockBass14:

Hey,
Thanks!!

Another thing. That arm comes very close to that coil but should not touch. Thats why its wrapped in that thick paper. A new arm and coil stops should sort that out.

#5474 5 years ago

Battlefield mod get a little bit polished before black chrome plating.

IMG_20190323_115019 (resized).jpgIMG_20190323_115019 (resized).jpgIMG_20190323_151753 (resized).jpgIMG_20190323_151753 (resized).jpg
#5475 5 years ago
Quoted from Twister:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great!

#5476 5 years ago
Quoted from Twister:

Absolutely stunning, what the hell was I thinking not ordering one of these...? Sheesh

#5477 5 years ago

I like it judt the way it is.

#5478 5 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Absolutely stunning, what the hell was I thinking not ordering one of these...? Sheesh

Don’t worry, you can’t order it yet
That pic is the prototype

#5479 5 years ago
Quoted from Twister:

looks great, cant wait for when it is completed.

#5480 5 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Don’t worry, you can’t order it yet
That pic is the prototype

I am not sure. I have made 30 pieces, 40 people have interest. I am not sure if I make a second run. It is more complicated with the black chrome plating than expected.

#5481 5 years ago

Anyone sell the Shadow car used as a topper sometimes? Where did this originate? Thanks.

#5482 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Anyone sell the Shadow car used as a topper sometimes? Where did this originate? Thanks.

It’s from the toy line. Look up Shadow Thunder Cab on eBay and they go for $20 - $40.

If someone knows a cool way to make this into a topper let me know.

#5483 5 years ago

As of last Wednesday I'm new to this owners group
Does anybody know what version DA76 is ?
Usually they are L versions

#5484 5 years ago

Looking for the gun launcher to replace the button I have instead. Want add posted too. Thanks!
E

#5485 5 years ago

Just joined the club, managed to rip the side art the first day I installed it .

Cityscape backboard piece was super easy to install tho and the seller was awesome enough to include a backup. If anybody would like a cityscape backboard decal, I will send you my extra one free if you just pay shipping.

20190324_021930 (resized).jpg20190324_021930 (resized).jpg20190324_024514 (resized).jpg20190324_024514 (resized).jpg
#5486 5 years ago
Quoted from ruzeo:

Just joined the club, managed to rip the side art the first day I installed it .
Cityscape backboard piece was super easy to install tho and the seller was awesome enough to include a backup. If anybody would like a cityscape backboard decal, I will send you my extra one free if you just pay shipping.

I would keep it. I bought one somewhere and it started to bubble and wrinkle.

#5487 5 years ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

I would keep it. I bought one somewhere and it started to bubble and wrinkle.

That wasn’t my decal though

#5488 5 years ago

I mean, I am pretty good at destroying decals and side art but I trust it, looks and feels quality. TRANSPRTR4U was first to message me so I am going to send it to him for his shadow. Thanks again jonesjb

#5489 5 years ago
Quoted from ruzeo:

I mean, I am pretty good at destroying decals and side art but I trust it, looks and feels quality. TRANSPRTR4U was first to message me so I am going to send it to him for his shadow. Thanks again jonesjb

You’re very welcome.

I still have a few other decals left if anyone else is interested in buying:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/73433

#5490 5 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

You’re very welcome.
I still have a few other decals left if anyone else is interested in buying:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/73433

Love mine! Perfect in every way!

#5491 5 years ago

Twister The black chrome coating is nice but if it’s giving you difficulties, I would buy one without it. I could get it powder coated or chromed locally.

#5492 5 years ago
Quoted from Nds777:

twister The black chrome coating is nice but if it’s giving you difficulties, I would buy one without it. I could get it powder coated or chromed locally.

ME TOO!

#5493 5 years ago

Me three..if my plastic peice becomes damaged

#5494 5 years ago

At the moment, I have a couple parts at the guy who make the coating.
He make samples with black chrome, and he make samples with black glossy powder coating.
When it is done, I have the final price. So I can offer with price for black chrome, black powder and without coating. So everybody from the list can choose.

Sascha

#5495 5 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

You are on my interest list on place 4 from this forum. So don´t worry, you are definitely in

#5496 5 years ago
Quoted from Twister:

You are on my interest list on place 4 from this forum. So don´t worry, you are definitely in

#5497 5 years ago

On my second shadow. I noticed I get a ton of balls jumping off the wireforms on this game. My first I never had the issue. I installed new ramps made by Mantis I believe. On the left ramp it will jump the wireform going right. On the left ramp diverting left it will slam the ring bracket on the ramp and sort of stop, drop in place and then roll down the wireform. The right ramp diverting left will sometimes jump the wireform as well. Anyone have similar experience with the newer ramps? Tempted to weld up the old ones and give them a try. I'm thinking even a slight degree in variance from the originals might be causing this. I noticed when installing the ramp flaps they are super rigid, not sure if that matters? I'm thinking the angle on the ramps are too steep or something.

#5498 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Here’s my all black one we just finished recently. Everything black. Almost.
rd[quoted image][quoted image]

That looks great mate

#5499 5 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

On my second shadow. I noticed I get a ton of balls jumping off the wireforms on this game. My first I never had the issue. I installed new ramps made by Mantis I believe. On the left ramp it will jump the wireform going right. On the left ramp diverting left it will slam the ring bracket on the ramp and sort of stop, drop in place and then roll down the wireform. The right ramp diverting left will sometimes jump the wireform as well. Anyone have similar experience with the newer ramps? Tempted to weld up the old ones and give them a try. I'm thinking even a slight degree in variance from the originals might be causing this. I noticed when installing the ramp flaps they are super rigid, not sure if that matters? I'm thinking the angle on the ramps are too steep or something.

I've installed a new left ramp from Mantis, and I did end up having to adjust the wireform, but it was all the way to the right where the end of the wireform ties in. I probably posted about it in this thread somewhere.

Another thing I recommend is installing this
https://www.pinballlife.com/sub-microswitch-with-4-straight-wire-actuator.html

It will help keep the ball aligned a bit more. The original switch there ends up having issues registering, and can sometimes even trap the ball when it barely makes it up the ramp an into the wireform.

#5500 5 years ago

Pick up my second and forever shadow tomorrow so pumped
Only pin I’ve ever missed after it was gone

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 37.50
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

5,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tucson, AZ
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Machine - For Sale
Buffalo, NY
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
There are 10,927 posts in this topic. You are on page 110 of 219.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-club/page/110?hl=djshakes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.