IMG_0517 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0701 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0513 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1404 (resized).JPEG
IMG_1405 (resized).JPEG
IMG_7706 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,927 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 219.
#451 10 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

I just installed this plastic in my Shadow and it looks great. Expensive but it does look good.
Ebay link
Super easy to install too. Just remove the 3 domes and the ramp return. Took about 5 minutes. I put on blue domes on mine.

I'm sure a lot of happy new translite owners would love Aurich to design a matching skyline decal for that area behind the sanctum. I'm keeping mine plain black until that happens.

#452 10 years ago

Here comes a TS from Germany.

the-shadow02.jpgthe-shadow02.jpg the-shadow05.jpgthe-shadow05.jpg the-shadow06.jpgthe-shadow06.jpg
#453 10 years ago
Quoted from MMP:

I'm sure a lot of happy new translite owners would love Aurich to design a matching skyline decal for that area behind the sanctum

And how about skyline decals for the inner side walls?

#454 10 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

And how about skyline decals for the inner side walls?

This isn't a bad idea at all.....

#455 10 years ago

I can see it now!

IMG_0714.JPGIMG_0714.JPG

#456 10 years ago

Anyone know the proper alignment for the third flipper?

#457 10 years ago
Quoted from Carl_694:

Anyone know the proper alignment for the third flipper?

You want it aligned with the metal ball guide above it. A smooth, bump-less flow to the flipper. (think of the upper flippers on F14).

#458 10 years ago

Hey guys got a new plastic set in the other day, I'm wondering where this one goes?20131125_131211.jpg20131125_131211.jpg

#459 10 years ago
Quoted from MagicMako:

Hey guys got a new plastic set in the other day, I'm wondering where this one goes?

I think that's the stand that hold the "desktop" topper. Not actually something for the playfield.

#460 10 years ago

It would appear your are correct, thank you very much, lol

#461 10 years ago

Hi Everyone, I am having issues with my supposed "mint" Shadow (surprise, surprise!). I have posted video and explanations at the following thread. Thanks for your help!

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-weird-problems#post-1278596

#462 10 years ago

I think i finally made it in boys
shaddow pic.jpgshaddow pic.jpg

#463 10 years ago
Quoted from skywalker:

I think i finally made it in boys

shaddow pic.jpg 93 KB

Congrats mate well done!
With some luck I will be joining the club soon as well.

#464 10 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

Congrats mate well done!
With some luck I will be joining the club soon as well.

pretty stoked with mine, LED the inserts already L@@ks Great

#465 10 years ago

had a quick look at the previous 10 pages,
trying to find out whats involved to remove the mini battle field, want to replace the globes & clean PF underneath

#466 10 years ago

Hey,

There's a thumb screw on the left side of the mini playfield. Unscrew and it tilts upwards.

Luke

#467 10 years ago

thanks champ, will check it out in the morning,

#468 10 years ago

Congrats! How is the sanctum wear?

#469 10 years ago
Quoted from lukerp:

There's a thumb screw on the left side of the mini playfield. Unscrew and it tilts upwards.

Yep, and this is precisely why The Shadow is one of the easiest games to clean. Once you flip up the mini-playfield, you have access to nearly the entire playfield.

#470 10 years ago
Quoted from Carl_694:

Congrats! How is the sanctum wear?

Looks ok, seems original sanctum area with very slight wear & big piece of mylar covering that area, the Wall spring needs to be replaced, either its not the correct one or its been over stretched,

#471 10 years ago

noticed when shooting the ball off going up the wire ramp ball hits the glass, dosent always do it, may have the wrong coil

#472 10 years ago

Mine used to hit the glass too, the coil was ok. I think the ramp had to to be adjusted a little

#473 10 years ago
Quoted from Benfica99:

Mine used to hit the glass too, the coil was ok. I think the ramp had to to be adjusted a little

had a quick look at the ramp, doesn't seem to be any adjustment, you could probably lift the back of the ramp higher, thats all, if anyone has any other ideas

#474 10 years ago

Hey guys, finally joined the club! It's still early, but I may have my second keeper (first was BSD). What an incredible pin! Can't wait to LED this sucker.

#475 10 years ago

So what does every body use to polish up the wire form ramps? I want to make them shiny, but don't want to mess up the brass finish.

#476 10 years ago
Quoted from Spraynard:

So what does every body use to polish up the wire form ramps? I want to make them shiny, but don't want to mess up the brass finish.

The brass finish from the factory is not very good and comes off very easy. Once I had my TOTAN wire form off and thought I would try to polish it up and ended up taking off the brass coating! Your best bet would be to send to Mike Chestnut for replating if you want it to be real nice and shiny.

#477 10 years ago
Quoted from Spraynard:

I was wondering that myself. Mine look really good but I have yet to polish them.

#478 10 years ago
Quoted from Spraynard:

First off, congrats on joining the club! I agree that it (and BSD) are keepers. I've always used Novus 2 gently with a rag along with Brasso. They really are barely plated at all, so if you are seeing oxidization and it really bugs you, re-plating is the way to go. Also, if you need new ramps, Kerry Stair(Mantis Amusements) is your man. Congrats and enjoy the game!

#479 10 years ago

I used Mike Chestnut for the wire forms as well as chroming the gun. What a difference!!

#480 10 years ago

I currently have my new ramps (direct-shipped from Mantis to Chestnut), diverters and gun at Mike's for plating. Not sure what I'm doing with the gun yet, but I have a feeling after I see the ramps, I'll probably want to send in my wire forms as well!

I'll post pics when I get them back.

#481 10 years ago
Quoted from Jnewton:

First off, congrats on joining the club! I agree that it (and BSD) are keepers. I've always used Novus 2 gently with a rag along with Brasso. They really are barely plated at all, so if you are seeing oxidization and it really bugs you, re-plating is the way to go. Also, if you need new ramps, Kerry Stair(Mantis Amusements) is your man. Congrats and enjoy the game!

Already ordered new ramps from mantis! The welds on my left one were completely broken. I thought about sending to MC for plating, but one of my wireform a seems to be slightly bent. Kind of a bummer. Plays fine, but since it's not otherwise perfect, it seems silly to have MC plate them. Anyone know if it's possible to straighten this out?

image.jpgimage.jpg

#482 10 years ago
Quoted from Spraynard:

Anyone know if it's possible to straighten this out?

Two thumbs in the center and carefully push up!

#483 10 years ago

SHADOW SOUND AND DMD PROBLEM (SOLVED)

Hi all. I recently bought a restored TS and was having a great time until I hit a few hurdles. I treated myself to the Aurich alternate translite and after installing it I have about 12 evenly spaced vertical lines running across the DMD. Also, only some sound effects and music are working. During the install I took the DMD panel out and cleaned it up before putting on the new Aurich artwork and then putting it all back in the machine to start playing.

The above may be irrelevant because as I was playing the first game my GF turned off the room lights. The pinball machine is powered by a power point that also has the light switch in it. I think this it when things went downhill. Could there have been a power surge or similar that cooked a few things? I'm not sure where to start really. Other than to re-seat the things I disconnected when I remove the DMD panel. Got opto faults too, but that may unrelated. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Solution: I sent the boards off to a local guy Ken Shipley (Skybeau on Aussie Arcade forums) who kindly checked them over for me on Christmas Day. They were fine. So I then double checked all of the ribbon cables - first visually and then for continuity with a multimeter. Took ages and was very fiddly considering I had to jury rig my multimeter with thin wire on each end of the probes so they would fit into the ribbon pin slots. There it was - the signal wasn't getting through one of the outside wires (#1?) between two of the connectors on the 34 pin ribbon. I prised the connector open and found that the wire had snapped. A bit of back-yard basic electronics and after separating the wire from the ribbon, I joined the cut wire with the wire from a garbage bag tie and covered the join with some heat shrink. I then crimped it back into the connector, put all the boards back in the machine, connected it all up and voila! Everything worked. No more sound problems or "jail bars" on the DMD. Thanks all for your suggestions - which were all on the money as the ribbons being the cause.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#484 10 years ago
Quoted from DMC:

Other than to re-seat the things I disconnected when I remove the DMD panel.

So you already re-seated the ribbon cable? Make sure all the pins line up and you have them on right in the first place, meaning the red stripe is on the left side, although it would be somewhat difficult to hook this up backwards. Whenever I have dmd & sound problems, it's usually associated with the ribbon cable.

#485 10 years ago

When I pull that panel to replace the panel I don't even disconnect it, just lay it down on the glass with the cable still attached. Definitely re-seat, that sounds like a cable issue to me.

#486 10 years ago

Thanks RonB and Aurich for getting back to me so soon. At the pub having a few beers and playing pins. I'll be sure to double check the ribbon connection. I removed the DMD panel because the surround plastic was stuck fast to the panel MDF (wood) and had to get physical to remove the old one. Is there a particular ribbon I need to check for the sound?

Very happy with new translite too Aurich. Thanks. Good job on getting to batch #3.

#487 10 years ago
Quoted from DMC:

Is there a particular ribbon I need to check for the sound?

There's only one ribbon cable connected to the dmd, but also make sure the other end at the controller board is seated properly as well. With you moving/disconnecting wires and cables it only takes a fraction to distort signals. There's other ribbon cables you may as well check while you're in there (backbox).

#488 10 years ago
Quoted from DMC:

Very happy with new translite too Aurich. Thanks. Good job on getting to batch #3.

Thanks! Good luck getting your machine happy again so you can enjoy it properly, with the game kicking your ass.

#489 10 years ago

Just had a herd of cattle shuffle across the DMD....how did that happen? I don't see it on the Cows and Easter eggs sheet.

#490 10 years ago
Quoted from Spraynard:

Just had a herd of cattle shuffle across the DMD....how did that happen? I don't see it on the Cows and Easter eggs sheet.

Just another random cow easter egg. Did they moo? Or maybe you pull the trigger to make them moo. I forget.

#491 10 years ago

When you drain fast through an outlane after just have hit a target, a bunch of cows walks across the screen, moo´ing.
The same cows appears if you either become the new Shadow Loop Champ or get 8 or 9 loops.

#492 10 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

or get 8 or 9 loops

Welp there's one I don't have to worry about seeing any time soon.

#493 10 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

When you drain fast through an outlane after just have hit a target, a bunch of cows walks across the screen, moo´ing.
The same cows appears if you either become the new Shadow Loop Champ or get 8 or 9 loops.

It was definitely the first one, ha.

#494 10 years ago

Anyone know what sort of gun the shooter on the game is based on? Is it a real replica of what the Shadow uses? I want to look at the handles of the real thing for ideas.

#495 10 years ago
Quoted from DMC:

Anyone know what sort of gun the shooter on the game is based on? Is it a real replica of what the Shadow uses? I want to look at the handles of the real thing for ideas.

The guns in the movie are 1911s with custom extended barrels, and mother of pearl grips.

800px-TheShadowLAR1911.jpg800px-TheShadowLAR1911.jpg

#496 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The guns in the movie are 1911s with custom extended barrels, and mother of pearl

Cool thanks. I guess the Matrix one-upped them with the Desert Eagle but that extended barrel looks mean.

#497 10 years ago

Slightly off topic but the 1911 is a damn sexy gun. Blast to shoot as well. If I ever own a handgun it will be a 1911.

#498 10 years ago

I recently replaced my left ramp, and now when I hit a left ramp/ right diverted shot, the ball tends to fly off the rails. I also recently waxed it, so that could be contributing. Any tips for adjusting? Can't seem to get it on my own.

#499 10 years ago
Quoted from Spraynard:

I recently replaced my left ramp, and now when I hit a left ramp/ right diverted shot, the ball tends to fly off the rails. I also recently waxed it, so that could be contributing. Any tips for adjusting? Can't seem to get it on my own.

Man, that's probably the hardest part of the game to tune, for that issue, and also that switch there can be a PITA. I don't get shots that fly off that often, but it does happen if I whip it up there just right.

#500 10 years ago
Quoted from Spraynard:

the ball tends to fly off the rails.

Loosen the screws that secure the right side of the ramp and retighten it pulled all the way to the right hand side.

It only takes a few mm and all will be right with the world again.

(I just did this a few weeks ago on a customer's machine)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

5,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Thornton, CO
7,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hamilton, ON
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

There are 10,927 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 219.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-club/page/10?hl=hoopertriplett and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.