IMG_0517 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0701 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0513 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1404 (resized).JPEG
IMG_1405 (resized).JPEG
IMG_7706 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,927 posts in this topic. You are on page 103 of 219.
#5101 5 years ago

Can anyone look at their game and tell me what the stack up is for the bolt that goes through the cabinet for the prop arm?

20181214_150847 (resized).jpg20181214_150847 (resized).jpg20181214_150853 (resized).jpg20181214_150853 (resized).jpg
#5102 5 years ago
Quoted from Twister:

I will make a drawing of a new version. I will make it from aluminium or stainless steel. Maybe black chrome or gold plated. Also a modified design with integrated illumination for the battlefield.
I think maybe in late january i have the first prototype.

I’m interested in one too, depending on price. I don’t think I’ll need a gold plated one.

#5103 5 years ago
Quoted from Twister:

I will make a drawing of a new version. I will make it from aluminium or stainless steel. Maybe black chrome or gold plated. Also a modified design with integrated illumination for the battlefield.
I think maybe in late january i have the first prototype.

Sounds interesting, I'd like to see how that turns out too.

#5104 5 years ago

I recommend checking out the recent Special When Lit pinball podcast, there is an interview with Brian Eddy that goes into the development of Shadow quite a bit.

Sounds like the Mongols originally would pop out like a meld between the trolls in Medieval Madness and the AFM Martian Attack.

#5105 5 years ago
Quoted from Nds777:

I’m interested in one too, depending on price. I don’t think I’ll need a gold plated one.

I will make it in black chrome. 1mm stainless steel. Integrated Illumination is cancelled.
First Prototype in January.
Optional golden decals will be available.

BF1 v3 (resized).pngBF1 v3 (resized).png
#5106 5 years ago
Quoted from Twister:

I will make it in black chrome. 1mm stainless steel. Integrated Illumination is cancelled.
Optional golden decals will be available.[quoted image]

Sign me up, I’m in!

#5107 5 years ago

I found this gem on eBay. "Shopped out and plays great".

Best sanctum wear I've seen.

s-l1600 (resized).jpgs-l1600 (resized).jpg
#5108 5 years ago

Holy crap Twister I am absolutely in!!! I have been trying to find a replacement battlefield cover for forever! Mine is destroyed and they are unobtanium!

#5109 5 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

I found this gem on eBay. "Shopped out and plays great".
Best sanctum wear I've seen.
[quoted image]

Nice! How much was it?

#5110 5 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Nice! How much was it?

$4200

#5111 5 years ago

Maybe the Discover card is a debit card loaded with $1500.

#5112 5 years ago

I've been busy working on my machine... so far I've repaired the Sanctum wear and installed the decal from Trident (great mod), installed new black flipper bats, new Titan black rubbers with purple flipper rubbers, new light blue star posts, all new Comet LED bulbs/flashers and a fresh driver board rebuild from Chris Hibler (Highly recommended). Next on the list is a ColorDMD (I may swap out my Getaway LCD and get the LED panel for it, tbd) and waiting the Aurich art package. I love this pin!

Edit: I forgot that I replaced the 3 mismatched stand up targets, the start button, the extra ball button, the battlefield paddle and the leg levelers, sheesh...

Front cabinet 1 (resized).jpgFront cabinet 1 (resized).jpgSanctum repair 4 (resized).jpgSanctum repair 4 (resized).jpgplayfield lights 1 (resized).jpgplayfield lights 1 (resized).jpg

#5113 5 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

I've been busy working on my machine... so far I've repaired the Sanctum wear and installed the decal from Trident, installed new black flipper bats, new Titan black rubbers with purple flipper rubbers, new light blue star posts, all new Comet LED bulbs/flashers and a fresh driver board rebuild from Chris Hibler (Highly recommended). Next on the list is a ColorDMD (I may swap out my Getaway LCD and get the LED panel for it, tbd) and waiting the Aurich art package. I love this pin! [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Get LED, not LCD for Shadow.

#5114 5 years ago

Made it to the Final Battle for the first time last night! Although I couldn't finish it (missed some of the battlefield shots) I managed to get 1.3Bil which was good enough for GC.

20181217_171555 (resized).jpg20181217_171555 (resized).jpg
#5115 5 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Get LED, not LCD for Shadow.

Oh, why's that, is it better? I'm good with either but that would save a few bucks...

#5116 5 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Oh, why's that, is it better? I'm good with either but that would save a few bucks...

Here’s something I posted on the LCD vs LED thread... copying here since I thought it was a good summary:

I definitely prefer the LED. Much brighter and looks clearer, vibrant with no washout. LCD even looks a little bit pixelated (like the difference of looking at an older MacBook screen after seeing the Retina display).

IMO ColorDMD is not here to help us pretend that our mid 90s pin is a modern masterpiece by denying it’s a dot matrix. There is an art in the simplicity of the dot animation that’s lost in the filters of the LCDs.

#5117 5 years ago

I like that decal from trident!
Do you have a link as I can’t find it

#5118 5 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

..... and a fresh driver board rebuild from Chris Hibler (Highly recommended).
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

How much did this cost and what exactly was done to the board? What was the noticeable improvement?

#5119 5 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

How much did this cost and what exactly was done to the board? What was the noticeable improvement?

Chris did all sorts of stuff repining, replacing components... I was having issues with some GI's not working and some lights were always on causing them to run really hot and burn out. He did the repairs quickly and was always in touch with me about the status of my board. It's like night and day, no more issues and everything works as it should now.

EDIT: His fees are listed on his website or you could PM him, I don't want to speak for him about fees but I will say my repairs were very reasonable less than half what a new board would cost

#5120 5 years ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

I think they both look good. But, I wanted to keep the chrome look as well as what I think the gun used in the movies was like, so kept it chrome.
[quoted image]

Those look amazing!! As close to the movie gun as you can get without chopping up a real 1911 and mounting that!

#5121 5 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I like that decal from trident!
Do you have a link as I can’t find it

Just PM him, that's what I did... he sells them as a package of 9, so you'll have extra just in case.

#5122 5 years ago

First Prototype is done

IMG_20181220_223751 (resized).jpgIMG_20181220_223751 (resized).jpgIMG_20181220_223753 (resized).jpgIMG_20181220_223753 (resized).jpgIMG_20181220_223813 (resized).jpgIMG_20181220_223813 (resized).jpg
#5123 5 years ago
Quoted from Twister:

First Prototype is done

Wow that was quick. Please count me in. I’d love to buy one of these and have it brassed.

#5124 5 years ago
Quoted from Twister:

First Prototype is done

Again, amazing work. I’d be in for one as well when the time comes.

#5125 5 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Just PM him, that's what I did... he sells them as a package of 9, so you'll have extra just in case.

I did, haven't heard back yet but it's that time of the year when people are away.

Quoted from Twister:

First Prototype is done

Love it, you didn't have an issue when lifting into the service position as the original has the indent on the sides towards the front.

#5126 5 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I

Love it, you didn't have an issue when lifting into the service position as the original has the indent on the sides towards the front.

No problem

IMG_20181221_001545 (resized).jpgIMG_20181221_001545 (resized).jpg
#5127 5 years ago

I would think this would look great in chrome, black chrome or brass. I am not a fan of brass, but would probably look excellent considering the colors in the game and brass habitrails. I'm in on this for sure.

#5128 5 years ago

I think it needs to ideally be black chrome or brass
Whatever makes it easier on the seller and into our hands faster

#5129 5 years ago

Where can one get the decal for the battlefield once this starts shipping?

#5130 5 years ago

I will offer it black chrome with a gold decal

#5131 5 years ago
Quoted from Twister:

Fantastic, do you have a time frame for when you will offer it for sale?

#5132 5 years ago
Quoted from Twister:

I love this hobby, so many creative and talented people (like you, Aurich, Trident... just to name a few in the Shadow forum) making mods and replacement parts so we can restore our pins to their former glory and better.

#5133 5 years ago
Quoted from Twister:

Optional golden decals will be available.[quoted image]

Illuminating the Battlefield sign would make this mod a great seller!

#5134 5 years ago

is there a post in this thread for a map on how to led Aurichs alt translight. I dont feel like experimenting right now. thanks!

#5135 5 years ago
Quoted from msj2222:

led Aurichs alt translight

#5136 5 years ago
Quoted from msj2222:

is there a post in this thread for a map on how to led Aurichs alt translight. I dont feel like experimenting right now. thanks!

Grab some LEDs and experiment. You might not like how others do it. And also don't be afraid to leave some sockets empty if you want a area to look dark

#5137 5 years ago

Almost finished swap. What a pain in butt.

20181223_105328 (resized).jpg20181223_105328 (resized).jpg
#5138 5 years ago
Quoted from msj2222:

Put any white LED's you want. My preference is natural white frosted. For added flair you get a slow blinking bulb behind the street light. Avoid color bombing.

#5139 5 years ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

Put any white LED's you want. My preference is natural white frosted. For added flair you get a slow blinking bulb behind the street light. Avoid color bombing.

I don't have the Aurich art package yet but hopefully I'll have it soon (ordered from his latest run). I agree, frosted twin SMD natural white is what I have now and will most likely leave them, I can post a pic after the install.

#5140 5 years ago

Okay, I've seen pictures of the clear plastic on the left ramp installed facing upward from the screw holes and downward. Which way is that clear plastic supposed to sit on the ramp?

#5141 5 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Okay, I've seen pictures of the clear plastic on the left ramp installed facing upward from the screw holes and downward. Which way is that clear plastic supposed to sit on the ramp?

Upwards as it stops the ball from launching over the top of the diverter if it becomes airborne from hitting the ramp (due to it's steepness). I just grabbed an image from Twister above but see how the plastic stops just short of the diverter, so removes any chance of the ball launching over the diverter yet does not foul the diverter from working. Mounting the plastic the other way around could potentially still stop these balls going over the diverter, depending upon the angle they bounce off the leading edge of the ramp and whether the plastic is high enough however IMO that is more just good luck. I do find it strange that they didn't extend the length of the plastic to allow all 4 mounting screws to hold it into place and reduce the stress on the plastic around the screw holes when the ball does impact the plastic, so highly recommend the washers (as shown in the image) to help spread the load.

Hope this helps

Shadow (resized).jpgShadow (resized).jpg
#5142 5 years ago

Had some time off for holidays so getting to some pin repair.

My shadow has been intermittantly blowing fuse on the magnet and resetting. A Kahn board told me that the 5v and 12v were fluctuating. So I replaced all BRs and caps on driver board. That took care of that.

While I had it open I repaired a broken EOS ground wire that got rid of that pesky F1 switch error. Installed the right ramp flyaway plastic I bought 9 months ago and installed a color dmd.

Oh. And leveled the thing. It's 100% and plays like butter. I love this pin.

20181226_170444 (resized).jpg20181226_170444 (resized).jpg
#5143 5 years ago

Making some progress on my new playfield.

ED1529CC-0237-4570-B8D3-6B06D6CD633F (resized).jpegED1529CC-0237-4570-B8D3-6B06D6CD633F (resized).jpeg
#5144 5 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

Making some progress on my new playfield.

Nice progress! I just did a swap on a different game and can attest to how much work it is... going to be great when done.

#5145 5 years ago

After loving this game for years, I'm finally ready to buy myself a very nice Shadow soon. Anyone have a minty one for sale, or know of one for sale?

#5146 5 years ago
Quoted from Twister:

First Prototype is done

wow, I got lucky and found a new plastic one about 2 yrs ago, but im still making payments on it! lol! id be interested in one when you offer them up.

#5147 5 years ago

Looks like a deal! Can’t wait to see the final product.

#5148 5 years ago

Just a little tweaking and I will be all done. The sanctum drop target is giving me a little bit of trouble, as it seems to rub on all sides. But I am stoked everything is working as it should.

The new Mantis ramps are superb.

20181229_193640 (resized).jpg20181229_193640 (resized).jpg1546130752825544618337 (resized).jpg1546130752825544618337 (resized).jpg1546130810208130504561 (resized).jpg1546130810208130504561 (resized).jpg
#5149 5 years ago

Yea. They look awesome!

#5150 5 years ago

Wow that looks GOOD. O_O

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Boards
Slap Save Creations

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Aurora, IL
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

5,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Thornton, CO
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

5,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tucson, AZ
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 10,927 posts in this topic. You are on page 103 of 219.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-club/page/103?hl=guinnesstime and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.