IMG_0517 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0701 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0513 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1404 (resized).JPEG
IMG_1405 (resized).JPEG
IMG_7706 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,927 posts in this topic. You are on page 100 of 219.
#4951 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I believe someone posted that backboard decal (city scape one) - can you repost again? Thanks

I created one from scratch as a vector file, with proper alignment and a CMYK color mix that will match the original pantones when printed. I also built in a halftone comic book gradient to match the style of the plastics. Reach out and contact me if interested.

#4952 5 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I created one from scratch as a vector file, with proper alignment and a CMYK color mix that will match the original pantones when printed. I also built in a halftone comic book gradient to match the style of the plastics. Reach out and contact me if interested.

Will do ......

EDIT - omg I actually have the file from before. Thanks again!

#4953 5 years ago

I'm in! I think I got a great deal, it has a rebuilt power driver board, NVRAM, new Fliptronic board but it needs a shop job and a cleaning plus the one bracket is broken that holds the 4th ring (I have the piece and the ring). The game plays great and I'll start to shop it out and swap out to LEDs. I hope that the Aurich art package will be available again.

Thanks Dan, best of luck to you!

PF with glass (resized).jpgPF with glass (resized).jpgPF without glass (resized).jpgPF without glass (resized).jpgSide art (resized).jpgSide art (resized).jpgTranslite (resized).jpgTranslite (resized).jpginside back box (resized).jpginside back box (resized).jpg
#4954 5 years ago

Anyone have an Aurich package for sale? PM me.

#4955 5 years ago

guys - my shooter kicker is 7 out of 10 right now. Anything I should check in particular b.c upon visual inspection coil looks good, etc. It does work just not 100% all the time. Usually strong but sometimes soft. lmk thanks!

EDIT - fixed.

#4956 5 years ago

Where is best place to buy a set of plastics? I’ve recently picked up this all original shadow that definitely needs to be updated. I was able to get an Aurich art package from a fellow pinsider and have ordered new comet leds. Are there any sites that sell the plastic set?

44ED66D0-27DC-476F-A827-B6E9ADE76335 (resized).jpeg44ED66D0-27DC-476F-A827-B6E9ADE76335 (resized).jpeg970179E3-F7B0-4C04-B997-D09D1DCD3297 (resized).jpeg970179E3-F7B0-4C04-B997-D09D1DCD3297 (resized).jpeg

#4957 5 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Where is best place to buy a set of plastics? I’ve recently picked up this all original shadow that definitely needs to be updated. I was able to get an Aurich art package from a fellow pinsider and have ordered new comet leds. Are there any sites that sell the plastic set?
[quoted image][quoted image]

I'm pretty sure CPR offers the plastics now with their new system.

#4958 5 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

I'm pretty sure CPR offers the plastics now with their new system.

Ok, found them. Are they a good company to buy from? Good quality? Any other alternatives, these seem quite expensive

E4EC83E8-0F26-4CC0-B39F-B771A3F82976 (resized).pngE4EC83E8-0F26-4CC0-B39F-B771A3F82976 (resized).png
#4959 5 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Ok, found them. Are they a good company to buy from? Good quality? Any other alternatives, these seem quite expensive

Yes, I like their stuff. I agree, it is crazy how much plastic costs. Expensive hobby.

#4960 5 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Ok, found them. Are they a good company to buy from? Good quality? Any other alternatives, these seem quite expensive [quoted image]

IMO they do great work, I guess there may be mixed reviews from others but I've purchased a plastic set (EATPM) and 2 backglasses (EATPM and The Getaway) they've been great. Playfield work is great too from what I've seen...

#4961 5 years ago

CPR has been in business making Plastics, Playfields, and Backglasses since 2003 ( 15 Years ).....

#4962 5 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Are they a good company to buy from?

I got both my Whirlwind and Earthshaker plastic kits from CPR. Really good quality stuff. I certainly can't tell the difference between original and the repros, except for the fact that the repros are flawless, and the originals are crusty and old.

If you buy from another retailer, more than likely, you'll just be getting the same CPR kit, just rebranded or repacked.

#4963 5 years ago

Hi, Just finished shopping out my, new to me The Shadow. Filthy pig. When the ball comes out of the Battlefield and it lands on the plastics below and gets stuck there. Seems I heard that this is common. Anyone come up with a fix for the problem.

IMG_0782~photo (resized).JPGIMG_0782~photo (resized).JPG
#4964 5 years ago
Quoted from Demoman1:

Hi, Just finished shopping out my, new to me The Shadow. Filthy pig. When the ball comes out of the Battlefield and it lands on the plastics below and gets stuck there. Seems I heard that this is common. Anyone come up with a fix for the problem.
[quoted image]

Hmmm. Is that plastic on there the right way? I don't remember there being that much of a gap. I swear mine fits much closer to the wireform ramp... enough so that when the ball lands there it rolls into the wireform ramp. I would have to look later tonight.. I'm sure someone can chime in.

#4965 5 years ago

Any setup tips people would like to share to get this pin flowing correctly. I notice when it comes out of the right loop to the right flipper it is hitting the top edge of the right pop bumper, is that normal? Rebuilt the flippers, all drop targets, new ramps with rebuilt divertors, new plastics as needed. Here are a few pictures after shop job.

IMG_0783~photo (resized).JPGIMG_0783~photo (resized).JPGIMG_0784~photo (resized).JPGIMG_0784~photo (resized).JPG
#4966 5 years ago

I have the same problem. I dug into it not long ago thinking I could flip that plastic or something. Turns out the plastic only can go on one way. Mine is curved a bit. Not sure if it is warped or supposed to be like that.

#4967 5 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I have the same problem. I dug into it not long ago thinking I could flip that plastic or something. Turns out the plastic only can go on one way. Mine is curved a bit. Not sure if it is warped or supposed to be like that.

Going to have to give this problem some attention. Just can't keep pulling the glass or tilting. Gotta be a solution.

#4968 5 years ago
Quoted from Demoman1:

Any setup tips people would like to share to get this pin flowing correctly. I notice when it comes out of the right loop to the right flipper it is hitting the top edge of the right pop bumper, is that normal?

The Shadow doesn't have any pop bumpers ... did you mean the ball will hit the top edge of the upper right flipper? I notice this with mine and it'll make the ball bounce out enough to go SDM. Going the upper Shadow Loop stops this but it seems that the ball guide doesn't sit out quite far enough. Interested in others peoples thoughts on this

#4969 5 years ago

The LED's really helped out the dark play, but the side mirrors really nailed it. Don't need the Pin Stadiums now. Want to keep the retro look. Dam, this game is fast.

#4970 5 years ago
Quoted from Demoman1:

Any setup tips people would like to share to get this pin flowing correctly. I notice when it comes out of the right loop to the right flipper it is hitting the [...].

Assuming it is either hitting the top of the upper right flipper... or going past that and hitting the top of the right slingshot (rather than going to the flipper). If I remember correctly either of these should be correctable by moving the metal guide that for the upper right portion of the orbit (just above the upper right flipper). You'll likely need to take off plastics (and perhaps even the wireform ramp) but then you should have access to loosen, move around, and retighten. (then test a bunch before you put everything back on).

An alternative, if it is the flipper that is getting hit, is to move that a bit if possible... or use thinner bands around the flipper.

Good luck.

#4971 5 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

I hope that the Aurich art package will be available again.

I'm gonna email my list soon and see who's still in, I think I have enough people to do a run.

My Shadow is currently out of commission, something is shorting in the upper playfield, blowing an IC. Need to take it apart and find the bare wire or whatever is frayed and causing the problem, and just haven't found the time/energy to get to it.

#4972 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm gonna email my list soon and see who's still in, I think I have enough people to do a run.
My Shadow is currently out of commission, something is shorting in the upper playfield, blowing an IC. Need to take it apart and find the bare wire or whatever is frayed and causing the problem, and just haven't found the time/energy to get to it.

Sorry to hear you're having problems, I have a few issues to address on mine but it still plays ok.

That would be great, I'm in if you make a new run

Thanks!

#4973 5 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

That would be great, I'm in if you make a new run

Are you on my list already? I have it by email, which is handy for contacting people, but not so great with matching up with forum names.

#4974 5 years ago

My left Phurba Dagger is broken. Can anyone point me in the direction of where to find one or have one for sale?
Thanks in advance

#4975 5 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

My left Phurba Dagger is broken. Can anyone point me in the direction of where to find one or have one for sale?
Thanks in advance

There are a few reproductions although not sure how they compare to the originals

http://www.ministryofpinball.com/en/the-shadow-phurba-dagger.html
http://www.ministryofpinball.com/en/the-shadow-phurba-dagger-gold.html
https://shop.thepinwitch.com/Game-Specific/Bally/The-Shadow/The-Shadow---Phurba-Dagger---gold-colored.html?language=en

#4976 5 years ago
Quoted from Demoman1:

Going to have to give this problem some attention. Just can't keep pulling the glass or tilting. Gotta be a solution.

I removed the tilt bob on mine so I can move the game around when needed. I've heard that pitch makes a lot of difference in gameplay. Is yours at the recommended pitch? Mine is a bit low so that might be part of the problem.

#4977 5 years ago

I built my own plastic protectors for the big plastics on the left and right in yellow, looks amazing!!!

TS_Proti_gelb_01 (resized).jpgTS_Proti_gelb_01 (resized).jpgTS_Proti_li_gelb_01 (resized).jpgTS_Proti_li_gelb_01 (resized).jpgTS_Proti_re_gelb_01 (resized).jpgTS_Proti_re_gelb_01 (resized).jpg
#4978 5 years ago

I really like that back panel City Scape decal. Mine came with a Dragon, which looks good, but yours looks better.

#4979 5 years ago

Factory defect with this ramp, and I'm sure some of you have seen breakage. It'd break at the welds on the right side due to excess shock.

So I re-designed the ramp guard to accommodate all four screws. No problem ever since then. Here's the original ramp guard:
shadow_original_ramp_guard (resized).jpgshadow_original_ramp_guard (resized).jpg

Adding the new piece solved the breakage problem:
shadow_modified_ramp_guard-lh (resized).jpgshadow_modified_ramp_guard-lh (resized).jpg

New design:
shadow_new_design_ramp_guard (resized).jpgshadow_new_design_ramp_guard (resized).jpg

#4980 5 years ago

Just recently joined the club! Bought the game in a semi-working state and filthy, cleaned it up and with the help of some friends got it up and running. It’s a keeper!

#4981 5 years ago

Thanks for the link
Ministry of Pinball is closed down for a week and I can’t seem to buy from Pinwitch
Any other suggestions here?

#4982 5 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Thanks for the link
Ministry of Pinball is closed down for a week and I can’t seem to buy from Pinwitch
Any other suggestions here?

Wait a week?

#4983 5 years ago
Quoted from ramegoom:

Factory defect with this ramp, and I'm sure some of you have seen breakage. It'd break at the welds on the right side due to excess shock.
So I re-designed the ramp guard to accommodate all four screws. No problem ever since then. Here's the original ramp guard:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
New design:
[quoted image]

Very cool. Any chance you'd make them available to buy?

#4984 5 years ago
Quoted from ramegoom:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]
New design:
[quoted image]

I was wondering too. I'm missing that shield and would rather buy an upgraded one than just an original!

#4985 5 years ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

Very cool. Any chance you'd make them available to buy?

I think another thing to look out for is too make sure the diverters are centered. If its too far left or right , it slaps against the sides of the ramp. I think thats what causes the welds to break over time

#4986 5 years ago

Anyone know where I can find cabinet decals (not just the back box ones)?

#4987 5 years ago
Quoted from mab487:

Anyone have an Aurich package for sale? PM me.

Message Aurich. Hes doing another run

#4988 5 years ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

I think another thing to look out for is too make sure the diverters are centered. If its too far left or right , it slaps against the sides of the ramp. I think thats what causes the welds to break over time

I noticed the welds had broken recently at an event and checked after reading your post - sure enough the diverter has been hitting that side of the ramp and you can see the ramp wall flex now that the weld is not holding it in place. Thanks for your post

#4989 5 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

I noticed the welds had broken recently at an event and checked after reading your post - sure enough the diverter has been hitting that side of the ramp and you can see the ramp wall flex now that the weld is not holding it in place. Thanks for your post

If your ramps are broken, I highly recommend these reinforced replacements:
https://mantispinball.com/product/shadow-ramp-a/
https://mantispinball.com/product/shadow-ramp-b/

#4990 5 years ago

Already got them ready to drop in

#4991 5 years ago

Has anyone experienced some of the buttons not working on start up? The credit button doesn’t work (game won’t start), no sound from gun trigger. After a few minutes it starts up fine. Any suggestions? Thanks.

#4992 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Has anyone experienced some of the buttons not working on start up? The credit button doesn’t work (game won’t start), no sound from gun trigger. After a few minutes it starts up fine. Any suggestions? Thanks.

CPU corrosion run down to the switch matrix connectors.

#4993 5 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

CPU corrosion run down to the switch matrix connectors.

Thanks for the feedback. Is there a possible solution? Any specific parts I need? Thanks for the help.

#4994 5 years ago

Post a pic of the CPU board so we can see if that is the problem.

#4995 5 years ago

I’m about to order a Titan rubber ring set for the shadow. What color would people recommend? I’m thinking of going translucent

#4996 5 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I’m about to order a Titan rubber ring set for the shadow. What color would people recommend? I’m thinking of going translucent

I think Purple would look good.

#4997 5 years ago

I find the colors to be a little ehh but the translucent ones look really cool imo.

#4998 5 years ago

I stock bulk clear for all my games....Makes the cost drop, and am happy on all my games....
I gave up on color coordinating games....just too much to stock.

#4999 5 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Tried purple and blue. Still deciding which to use or go back to white or black.

20181110_211726 (resized).jpg20181110_211726 (resized).jpg
#5000 5 years ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

Tried purple and blue. Still deciding which to use or go back to white or black.[quoted image]

Definitely translucent.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Aurora, IL
5,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Thornton, CO
$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 10,927 posts in this topic. You are on page 100 of 219.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-club/page/100?hl=sebo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.