Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by arakissun
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

My Battlefield arm is not moving well to the right. When it goes left it is quick and fast but back to the right it jitters and struggles to move. It does have the brass pinion and the shaft slides are not lubricated. I looked at everything and all the wires appear to be attached. Also manually moved it back and forth and it does feel similar both directions. I'm not sure what to do to solve. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks

#2 6 years ago

Might be the flipper opto board. Try switching the left/right boards and see if the jitters switch sides.

#3 6 years ago

Make sure bracket does not have broken weld, then I'd look at Optos not working correctly.

#4 6 years ago

Wipe the rods down with rubbing alcohol.
the sliders get gunked up and carbon and dirt that builds up in it makes it sticky.
It may look good but just like coil sleeves it gets built up inside.

In test does it go right fine?
If it does, still clean the rods. And clean your flipper optos with a qtip and Windex.

#5 6 years ago

Update, Battlefield works great in test mode, swapped right and left flipper boards and during gameplay the BF arm still struggles to go to the right. Are there optos at the battlefield that I should clean? Looking for next steps to solve. Thanks

#6 6 years ago

bump i have the same problem but goes left

#7 6 years ago

Check the optos in the switch matrix test. Sounds like one is flickering on and off.

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Check the optos in the switch matrix test. Sounds like one is flickering on and off.

Can you be a little more detailed regarding how to do this test? Thanks

#9 6 years ago

Any results yet?

#10 6 years ago

Update on this still unresolved issue. Everything structurally is sound and clean. When the game is first fired up the arm will actully work perfectly when it tests and also the first few times the ball is shot up there, but about the third time up there the arm will stop moving to the right smoothly. Not sure why it would work and then not work. Could that be an Opto? If so, would it be the right or left one?

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinball13:

Can you be a little more detailed regarding how to do this test? Thanks

Are you familiar with the switch tests in the menu? It shows you a grid and gives you a visual of all open/closed switches. For any switch issues, you start there and see what is going on with glass off. To test optos, just put something to block the light beam. You should hear a sound and see the switch close on the switch matrix. Raise up the battlefield, find all the optos (manual should help do that, and test each opto.

2 weeks later
#12 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinball13:

Update on this still unresolved issue. Everything structurally is sound and clean. When the game is first fired up the arm will actully work perfectly when it tests and also the first few times the ball is shot up there, but about the third time up there the arm will stop moving to the right smoothly. Not sure why it would work and then not work. Could that be an Opto? If so, would it be the right or left one?

try it in test with multiple back and forth tests, see if it slows down the more ya use it.

#13 6 years ago

I'll bet you have a broken wire. I went through the same scenario with mine and found the wire broken just under the coating at the edge of the solder. While I was at it I replaced the wires with a silicone coated, more flexible wire I had left over from my slot car days. They do move back and forth quite a bit and so does the guide flag of a slot car.

#14 6 years ago

I have similar problem with friend's machine.
I'm 99% sure that it optos problem,because the first have broken houses(the plastic part that cover them),and when I adjust them little closer the battlefield works fine until they need to be adjust again.It left to be replace both of them,but when I have time and will report.

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from waltrr:

I'll bet you have a broken wire. I went through the same scenario with mine and found the wire broken just under the coating at the edge of the solder. While I was at it I replaced the wires with a silicone coated, more flexible wire I had left over from my slot car days. They do move back and forth quite a bit and so does the guide flag of a slot car.

Having gone through the same thing, this would be my guess as well.

1 week later
#16 6 years ago

SOLVED- Finally ordered an Opto from Marco. Figured it would be a good $20 gamble if it fixed it. Thought it was the left Opto if either one because it looked terrible. Both of them worked fine in test mode so I was not real optimistic. Just before jumping in and pulling the left Opto I ran the Mini Playfield test. This test has been hit and miss this entire time with the issue. Today though after running it a couple of times it said I had a bad Opto but it was the right one. Keep in mind that my entire issue has been the arm hanging upon the left side. So I went ahead and changed the Right side Opto, which was not my original intention and it fixed this problem. Thanks to all who posted here and helped identify things to try and look for.

#17 6 years ago

Looks like my guess win.
Happy to hear it that you fix it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

5,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Thornton, CO
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

7,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hamilton, ON
5,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tucson, AZ
€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-battlefield-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.