View topic image gallery

10151178_10203926727662802_5252777865914497685_n (resized).jpeg
IMG-1315 (resized).jpg
IMG-1314 (resized).jpg
IMG-1311 (resized).jpg
IMG-1313 (resized).jpg
IMG-1312 (resized).jpg
#1 2 years ago

My battlefield dropdown isn't going down all the way...drop like 2/3 of the way down. Trying to figure of the best way to adjust it. Here are some photos of what the assembly looks like in both the UP and DOWN positions. You'll see in the down position the target isn't all the way to the end of it's track. Seems when i hit the target manually to make it drop that there is too much resistance against the switch at the bottom to allow it to drop more.

Just bend the switch leaf to allow for more room for the target to drop?

IMG-1311 (resized).jpgIMG-1311 (resized).jpgIMG-1312 (resized).jpgIMG-1312 (resized).jpgIMG-1313 (resized).jpgIMG-1313 (resized).jpg
#2 2 years ago

The leaf looks a bit long on that microswitch. You could try triming it down a little. Are there any other screw holes on the bracket? If so, you could try lowering the switch a little.

Replace the spring while you're at, it looks stretched out.

#3 2 years ago
Quoted from Shogun00:

Replace the spring, it looks stretched out.

I'll probably do that. I did bend the leaf on the switch to where the drop target does down all the way now. Will add the spring on my next parts order.

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from kansasjhawk:

I'll probably do that. I did bend the leaf on the switch to where the drop target does down all the way now. Will add the spring on my next parts order.

I added a few suggestions into my previous. I was hoping to sneak it in with a simple edit, but you were too quick on the reply.

#5 2 years ago

I do have one more related question. Seems the switch test seems that it thinks that switch is always closed whether the drop target is up or down. There is a coil on the backside of what's in the photo. When I do the solenoid test to test up/down it will raise drop the target but when I'm looking I see that that metal shaft comes back down each time and will keep the switch always down.

Is that how that should function? Or should that metal shaft be held up in the coil and not depressing the switch?

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from kansasjhawk:

I do have one more related question. Seems the switch test seems that it thinks that switch is always closed whether the drop target is up or down.

I can see that in your pictures. It looks like the leaf is putting too much pressure onto the little black button even when the target is up. Try bending the leaf further down (while drop target is down), so the two screws are touching. This will relieve the pressure on the black button once the target goes back up.

There is a coil on the backside of what's in the photo. When I do the solenoid test to test up/down it will raise drop the target but when I'm looking I see that that metal shaft comes back down each time and will keep the switch always down.

Can you post a picture of the backside (coil)?

#7 2 years ago

Added some photos. It's back in the machine now.

IMG-1314 (resized).jpgIMG-1314 (resized).jpgIMG-1315 (resized).jpgIMG-1315 (resized).jpg
#8 2 years ago

I'm not sure if that is the proper functionality...for the coil to fire the target back up and then have the that shaft drop all the way down again and repress the switch.

#9 2 years ago

That's nomal! The shaft always comes back down.

When the target is up, there is a latch for drop target to hook onto. Hitting the target will knock it off from the latch and the high tensioned spring pulls drop target down, which in return hits the microswitch.

#10 2 years ago
Quoted from Shogun00:

That's nomal! The shaft always comes back down.
When the target is up, there is a latch for drop target to hook onto. Hitting the target will knock it off from the latch and the high tensioned spring pulls drop target down, which in return hits the microswitch.

So even the metal shaft that goes into the coil should pop up to push the target back up and then immediately come back down and hit the switch again? Basically the only time that switch is not be depressed is the split second it fires to push the target back up.

That's normal?

#11 2 years ago
Quoted from kansasjhawk:

So even the metal shaft that goes into the coil should pop up to push the target back up and then immediately come back down and hit the switch again? Basically the only time that switch is not be depressed is the split second it fires to push the target back up.
That's normal?

That seems like to be the case here. It looks like the microswitch is being treated as an opto (optical). The WPC uses mainly opto switches, which works backwards from a traditional leaf/micro switch.

Interesting enough, Williams was the first company to use opto switches. They first used them on their drop target banks with their System 11 games (starting with Millionaire).

#12 2 years ago
Quoted from Shogun00:

That seems like to be the case here. It looks like the microswitch is being treated as an opto (optical). The WPC uses mainly opto switches, which works backwards from a traditional leaf/micro switch.
Interesting enough, Williams was the first company to use opto switches. They first used them on their drop target banks with their System 11 games (starting with Millionaire).

Ok. Good to know. Have to do some more research then as in game the drop target won't pop back up when expected. I do get an error about the switch/coil in game so need to look some more.

#13 2 years ago
Quoted from kansasjhawk:

Ok. Good to know. Have to do some more research then as in game the drop target won't pop back up when expected. I do get an error about the switch/coil in game so need to look some more.

Check the microswitch's black button. Make sure it clicking when pressed.

#14 2 years ago
Quoted from kansasjhawk:

If we are talking about the sanctum wall then no, that metal arm is not supposed to trigger the switch on its own. The metal arm is supposed to come down after firing but it’s not supposed to trigger the switch, hence the game thinking the wall is always down. You are likely getting sanctum magnet lock errors too? The switch needs adjusted so only the metal arm doesn’t hit it but the wall coming down does.

#15 2 years ago

There is a common mistake here!

The metal tab is not what is supposed to actuate the switch lever its the tab on the Drop Target that is supposed to do that job.

10151178_10203926727662802_5252777865914497685_n (resized).jpeg10151178_10203926727662802_5252777865914497685_n (resized).jpeg
#16 2 years ago
Quoted from Eddie:

There is a common mistake here!
The metal tab is not what is supposed to actuate the switch lever its the tab on the Drop Target that is supposed to do that job.
[quoted image]

Awesome. That makes more sense!

#17 2 years ago

Working as expected now!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Aurora, IL
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

5,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tucson, AZ
€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

5,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Thornton, CO
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-battlefield-dropdown-not-dropping-all-the-way and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.