• Latest reply 9 years ago by Gills
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CA20140929202558.png
#1 9 years ago

Hello everyone! While I am not new to the game of pinball I am new to owning one. I picked up a Shadow a couple weeks ago. So far it's been great...unfortunately, yesterday while I was playing the battlefield ball popper stopped working, at least during play. At the beginning of a game the drop target in front of the popper will be up, I hit it and it goes down and battlefield lights. When I shoot the ball into the hole it does nothing. When the ball search starts searching it will pop the ball up to the battlefield. Since the popper works during the ball search I am assuming the issue is not due to a bad wire or solenoid.

If anyone has any info or tips to point me in the right direction I'd greatly appreciate it!!! Thanks a bunch!!!

#2 9 years ago

adjust your popper switch. Check it in switch test first with a ball not your finger.

#3 9 years ago

Awesome! Thank you! Will try that as soon as I get home!

#4 9 years ago

Hey so I checked out the popper mechanism, I see the switch, and I bent it up a little bit...didn't want to go to crazy with it. Unfortunately it's still not working. Do I need to bend it more or not at all? I'm wondering if I need to replace the upper spring on the plunger arm? Thank you so much!
CA20140929202558.pngCA20140929202558.png

#5 9 years ago

Test that switch in the test menu. Could likely be a broken wire on that switch, or one from the switch before it in the row or column.

#6 9 years ago

Any news about this issue? Sometimes I have the same problem...

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

Test that switch in the test menu. Could likely be a broken wire on that switch, or one from the switch before it in the row or column.

This ^

#8 9 years ago

I checked for borken wires...none.

I removed the whole popper assembly and noticed that the ball cup was triggering the switch(at least I'd here the switch click) so I took the cup off and gave the upper spring a bit more tension so that the cup alone would not come down enough to trigger the switch. I put a ball in the cup to make sure it made the switch click and it did. I put the assembly back on and tested...no bueno!

In the tests...that switch does not register at all in the switch edges test, and it just remains open in the single switch test.

I'm pretty confident that it's the switch...got some in my cart at marcos, just seeing what else I can get in on this order. I'm including a new switch for the left ramp right path to do a mod to see if I can get that switch to register more consistently.

I'll keep you posted!

1 week later
#9 9 years ago

So I replaced the ball popper switch and the diode, not sure if I had to replace the diode or not but I figured I'd do it anyway. This did resolve my issue, the popper is popping properly again. Thanks for all the troubleshooting help!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Aurora, IL
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 37.50
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tucson, AZ
$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
5,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Thornton, CO
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-battle-popper-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.