Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
IMAG1405.jpg
Shadow3.jpg
Alec.jpg
package.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aurich.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 8 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Mod - for sale

The Shadow Alt Translite Nov 2015 Run

Added: 2015-11-11 23:00:00 UTC • Re-listed: 1 time (December 24th, 2015) • Ended: December 18th, 2016
Condition: New (selling multiple, business)

Price

$ 175 (Firm)

Price is firm

I'm doing another small run of Shadow translite packages if anyone needs one. Translite, speaker panel, instruction cards, all together.

$175 Shipped in the US.

$205 Shipped international.

No money due until they're ready, you need to sign up on my list to get one here:

http://www.aurichlawson.com/shadow/pre-order.html

Item photos

package.jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are Aurich's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to Aurich's stats page

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and submitted the final sales price into our price database but opted not to disclose the price publicly.

Item location

Torrance, CA, US

#2 8 years ago

I find the new ad format hard to read, so if your eyes are glazing over here's the important part:

Taking names for pre-orders of my Shadow translite, just go here:

I'll take names for a bit, and then close this down and put the order in, probably next week, depending on response.

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Still a great looking translite.

Thanks. Every time I think I'm done with it people start asking me about it again. If you're on my waiting list from before you should have a PM from me with the link too, just sign up once.

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Thanks for doing another run Aurich! Count me in!

Sorry it took so long. Honestly organizing and shipping these takes a fair amount of time and effort, and with Alien I just plain wasn't up for it. Now that I've submitted the playfield art to Fox I've got a little breather. Still a lot going on, and we'll see how they respond, but I used the downtime to get this moving again.

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

I got one, and it really makes the machine look way better. The speaker panel also looks great. Getting rid of actors and using pulp inspired art really takes this pin to the next level. Aurich did an awesome job on this. Highest recommendation

Thanks man! I honestly thought about completely redrawing it, I did this one with a mouse, and I've got a Wacom Cintiq now that would be a lot of fun to use on this, and give me a hell of a lot more control. But I just don't have time right now to do something like that. And I didn't want to make anyone who got the old one mad because I did a "better" one. You're always your own worst critic though.

Next backglass I do is going to be the Alien LE art. Just waiting until the playfield is approved. Fox has it now, but who knows if it's good to go or needs a lot of changes. Just have to wait and see!

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Just Amazing! A must, IMO for every Shadow! Dont miss out this time!
Thanks for re-running them!

Thanks Art! I have some flakey post lights in my Shadow, thinking I might replace them with your Matrix lights.

Honestly I might put then under every post game I have, it's such a great look. Very classy. And if you want to know my personal trick, try mixing the color of your post and your LEDs. My Shadow has purple posts lit with blue LEDs, and it's a beautiful effect, almost a gradient of color, as the bottom really turns blue and then fades to a purple at the top.

I have the neon green posts from TMNT in my Scared Stiff, they would look killer I think with post LEDs. Yellow would be ideal, but since these don't come in it maybe green, maybe white.

Everyone should check this out. Doing the post lights isn't a big deal, but it is a PITA, and requires some soldering skill with the pads. This makes it drop dead easy, do it all in 20 minutes, both slingshots, unless you have to take off a lot of ramp stuff or something.

http://www.cometpinball.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=1871

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

I'd just like a speaker panel, possible you'll have any extras?

Maybe, I won't know until later. Any extras I get will be initially held to support people who have any issues. Shipping damage is rare, but it happens every once in a while. I try and stay prepared.

And to be totally honest, I just don't have a lot of time to manage special orders right now. I'm sort of squeezing between the raindrops already to make this happen.

That said, if I do later I'd be happy to help people out. Just going to prioritize the full kit folks first.

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

I would also not have first version buyers remorse. So please do not let that hold you back, Aurich, if you have ideas to improve it. I am sure most others feel the same way.

Thanks man. At least for now I'm going to leave it. Better to put energy into something new I think, and not look backwards.

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

Any chance of another run of your excellent ACDC lower playfield decals?

Do you mean for the Pro? Or literally something for the lower playfield for Premiums?

#22 8 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

For the lower playfield for Premiums. A pic is in post #57 in the thread linked below.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/helen-in-hell-on-acdc/page/2#post-2547384

Gotcha. That's a bit of a hack, it wasn't meant for that.

That said ... I did start something specifically for the lower playfields. Just haven't had time to work on it with Alien. So at some point when I'm free to tinker some more I have a Metallica mod to finish, and this ACDC one. No hacking required, different design actually meant to go down there.

#26 8 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I somehow imagine you'll find ways to keep busy without further tinkering with this package, but I'm another buyer that wouldn't object if you decided to redo the art at some point (if you offer prior customers a token discount and the new package looks cool, I'd probably even buy it again!)

Yeah, "list of things to keep busy with" is one of the few thing I'm having no problem continuing to build!

#28 8 years ago

Weekend bump, I think I'll try and put the print order in next week, just want to give everyone a chance to see this first.

#32 8 years ago

I honestly dunno if I'll ever try and do Demo Man, that might be a project for someone else to tackle. We'll see, but there's a list of things I'd rather do instead.

#35 8 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

I've been very happy with mine...even though Aurich yells at me every time he notices that I never changed out the speaker panel.

Damnit Pete, you still haven't swapped that speaker panel? Don't make me buy a plane ticket!!

#37 8 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I know you had some issues with some of your other translites and wonder what the difference is with this one.

Took this to PM, not really something I want to get into.

pmWolf, you know, someone wants just a speaker panel. If you want to sell it to him lemme know and I'll hook you two up.

#38 8 years ago

Looks like the pre-orders have slowed down. I'll make it a goal to put the order in with my printer this week. If you want in best to do it soon, but I'll get a few extras to cover people who missed this.

#40 8 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Hey Aurich, thank you for arranging this reprint! It's much appreciated.

I've been meaning to do it for a while, people PM me slowly but regularly about it still. Sorry it took so much time.

I'm going to try and wrap up this little Metallica roadcase speaker panel decal I'm doing for anyone who needs one so I can get it in with the same order and then I'll put it in.

#43 8 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

I am ordering The Shadow pack, can I add a Star Trek TL to ship with it?

Star Trek project is dead now.

I'm going to put the Shadow order in today, so give me a couple weeks to get them printed and shipped to me and I'll contact everyone.

#47 8 years ago

I've emailed my printer, waiting to hear back from him. Assuming all goes well the order will be going in shortly. I'll keep everyone updated.

#49 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer22:

Too late to get in??

I ordered a few extra, so just sign up, any extras will go to people on the list in order.

2 weeks later
#54 8 years ago

I have a couple people still on my waiting list, so if you got in late and haven't heard from me that's why. If people drop out I'll contact anyone who's at the bottom of the list.

#58 8 years ago

Got the prints, need to start breaking it all down, taping up boxes, etc.

#61 8 years ago

The first batch of orders will go out tomorrow, started packing today and will do more tonight. Anything I can't finish tomorrow will get packed up this weekend. You should start getting shipping notices from PayPal once I print up the labels.

#62 8 years ago

Okay, I have a few special orders to take care of, everyone who's in that group has talked to me personally already and I'll get back to you shortly. And I have a few international people to do, those take longer because of the customs paperwork. All you guys will be set soon.

Everyone else should have a shipping notice. About to run boxes to the post office so these can get processed while I work on the things that take more personal attention to get packed up. Depending on how your local post office is you'll either get 2 or 3 day priority, so I'd think everyone should have them by Tuesday.

1 week later
#64 8 years ago

If you're on my list and didn't get my email, spam filters or whatever, please PM me. I'm sitting on your order, and if I don't hear from you I'm going to move on to other people who are waiting and you might find that you miss out.

Every time I do these now I wonder if it's the last time, at some point the demand just won't be there.

Or, if you're on the list and don't want it anymore, no worries, just let me know! Be helpful to hear you're out, no problem.

#66 8 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

I just need a speaker panel and instruction cards if they can be bought without the translite too. PM me if possible.

I just want to make sure I don't need my last extra one to cover something damaged in shipping, it happens occasionally (luckily pretty rare). So prefer to sell these other first, be sure everyone is okay, and then that would be fine.

#71 8 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

I would love to see Aurich create a new Translite for Getaway......One of my favorite games of all time, that just needs help!

Ha, technically I already did!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-hsii-restoration-and-customization/page/9#post-2736363

Was just a one off though, not my photography, wouldn't sell it.

1 week later
#73 8 years ago
Quoted from Time4akshun:

Paid a few days ago. Can't wait!

I've got a couple orders to get out, with the post xmas stuff I'm a little behind, took some time off. I'll get those out.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aurich.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-alt-translite-nov-2015-run?tu=aurich and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.