2014Dec30 032.JPG
image-197.jpg
image-922.jpg
grrr.jpg
image.jpg
image-727.jpg
image.jpg
image-161.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wickerman2.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from BCpinhead:

Could anyone please tell me if there are any special blinker bulbs on the back glass?

They look good behind the "swimmers".

#33 9 years ago
Quoted from BCpinhead:

Yes there is a machine screw missing.

Check your chime unit for a screw that isn't "essential" in the meantime...pretty sure some of those are the same exact screw. Not the ones that hold it to the cabinet but the actual screws that hold the 2 pieces of the unit together...it won't miss one until you find a replacement.

#36 9 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

The chime unit will not have any 4-40 screws.

Mine had the EXACT same screws that fit score reel circuit board--whether those are 4-40 or not (the one he is missing--I had same exact issue), on an Atlantis too actually. Fit like a glove.

#72 9 years ago
Quoted from BCpinhead:

Also, I forgot to ask earlier, but since it looks like I'm finished with the backbox for now, if I wanted to clearcoat the back glass a) how would I clean it b) use krylon clear satin spray can?

Krylon Triple Thick Clear Glaze Spray Can. Take glass out without touching any flaking/bubbling spot. I covered the "clear" areas (score squares/credits etc.) with card board squares...otherwise you'll have to razor the clear back off the clear area. As for cleaning painted areas on back of glass...if you are having paint loss, cleaning it will make it worse.

From pinrepair.com:

Preparing the Backglass for Triple Thick.
Before spraying the backglass, clean it if possible. If there is any or significant ink/paint flaking, skip this step! If the ink/paint is mostly intact and just starting to delaminate, I would suggest this. Often a backglass can have a thin film of oil, grease or other crud on it from the stepper units and score reels. If this is not removed, the Triple Thick may not "stick", resulting in "fish eyes". Because of this, I personally find it is best to try and clean the painted side of the backglass if possible. Again, if the backglass ink/paint is starting to delaminate, skip this step!

To clean the painted side of the backglass, take a paper towel and spray the paper towel with Windex (don't soak it!) Never spray Windex directly on the backglass. Spray the Windex on the paper towel. Now gently wipe the score windows and credit window. After doing those, *gently* wipe any other "solid" (not delaminating) sections of the backglass. Remember, don't go nuts and cause more problems. "The enemy of good is better" is something that should be repeated while doing this chore. Examine the paper towel for crud or potential paint loss. See all the dirt on the paper towel? Removal of this crud really helps the Triple Thick "stick" to the backglass ink/paint.

On backglasses with score reel windows, a business card can be cut and layed over the clear score reel windows. Use a penny or a nickle to hold the card down. This is optional (often I just spray over the score windows completely).

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist
Decals
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lincoln, MI
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wickerman2.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-secrets-of-atlantismy-resto-thread?tu=wickerman2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.