(Topic ID: 122541)

The second half of 2015 will be amazing for pinball.

By kaneda

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 38 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by kaneda
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

nowhere else.jpg
    michael-jackson-eating-popcorn-o.gif

#1 4 years ago

When you start to see posts like people wanting to leave the hobby you know it's been a bad few months for pinball. The first half of 2015 will probably go down as one of pinball's worst (and no, not because I started posting again). It was supposed to be a year where the dream of boutique pinball became reality, but instead the year started off with this (maybe not all in the right order).

Hobbit's December release delayed, early version not received well
    TBL drama...
    MMR shipping delayed
    WWE Announced, a theme not many were into
    Magic Girl reveal comes and goes
    Raza reveal comes and goes
    No project manager joins JPOP, no refunds issued
    Predator - enough said
    Captain Nemo shipping stalled due to cabinet issues
    Whoa Nelly Price excedes what people thought...

OK, that's most of it. But there is a light at the end of this tunnel and it will happen this year. Hard lessons will be learned, but when the dust settles, the following will make us all realize that 2015 wasn't that bad after all. I'm talking about:

MMR's in homes. Game looks amazing and these things will keep shipping and putting smiles on people's faces. This is an historic moment that's been overshadowed by Skit B and Jpop. Shouldn't be.

Hobbit. Holy fuck this games looks amazing. JJP heard the feedback and is gonna deliver something magical here.

Whoa Nelly: I think people are getting over the price a bit and when this game hits homes, people will be happy as hell. Again, it's a pinball machine you can buy and play today! That's a special thing. And you'll even be able to get it for $1,000 off MSRP

Stern's Next: Will it be Game of Thrones? Tron VE, LOTR VE? Who the hell cares, we'll have a new stern game to say we hate, then love, coming out.

Captain Nemo: It will ship.

The Big Fucking Lebowski: This game was and always will be the boutique pin that did it right. Sure there was a licensing hiccup, but Mr. Sharpe stepped in and all is good. These pins will ship and they will be just as amazing as we know it is.

In addition to the above, all of the amazing games for sale that have been shopped, restored, HUO, or just player quality pins that are out there. It's incredible to see how easy pinside has made it to find your dream pin in the condition you desire. Sometimes I think pre-ordering is so not necessary when you consider the amount of used quality pins that are on the market that are just AMAZING GAMES.

I know it's hard to not constantly be clicking on the JPOP and Skit B threads. We're attracted to drama. But if you look past these things, holy shit, this is going to be an amazing year for pinball!

#2 4 years ago

Pinball was way more amazing before all these vultures tried to cash in !

#3 4 years ago

I like your attitude on this.

I have not followed the Hobbit since I bailed on it but I am very happy to hear that JJP has taken the feedback and making positive changes. Way to go team JJP! Perhaps I will have another JJP game in my game room.

#4 4 years ago

There's just so much more good than bad happening in pinball and it's just a shame that two bad apples can spoil the whole damn bunch.

#5 4 years ago
    michael-jackson-eating-popcorn-o.gif
    #6 4 years ago

And Thunderbirds will arrive !

#7 4 years ago

I just really want JAWS.

#8 4 years ago

You forgot ...

The good: AMH.

The bad :Stern code protest.

#9 4 years ago

Let's not forget the Multimorphic P3 either. Manufacturing prototypes are well underway and they're still on schedule for a Q4 delivery. No money down pre-orders are open with a non-conditional, risk-free back-out clause. Slick new technologies, user re-configurable AND programmable if you are so inclined.

#10 4 years ago

I guess I live in a cave because I never had a bad pinball impression this year.

#11 4 years ago

Hey, Kaneda - Congratulations on being back on your meds again. You're finally starting to make sense, and it's nice to see a positive post from you that doesn't have a negative undertone. Have you been taking those Trolls Anonymous classes at night down at Cooper Union?

Well done, young Skywalker.

#12 4 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Hey, Kaneda - Congratulations on being back on your meds again. You're finally starting to make sense, and it's nice to see a positive post from you that doesn't have a negative undertone. Have you been taking those Trolls Anonymous classes at night down at Cooper Union?

I think we all got dragged down by some really dramatic, dark shit. When I read a post about Predator making someone want to leave the hobby, I thought it was time we remind ourselves just how awesome the hobby is.

Thanks to others for adding in more of the fun that's on its way. Gonna be a great second half of 2015 for sure.

#13 4 years ago

Bad things happen

Its life...

Just move forward and hope for better tomorrow

#14 4 years ago

Honestly, there are worse things. Basically, most of these issues in the pinball world are centered around preorders and first-time manufacturers. It's only one small corner of the pinball world as a whole. By now, everybody in on any preorders should expect problems and setbacks--it's par for the course.

For folks not dropping/risking big bucks on these ventures and the drama surrounding them, things have been pretty good (not to say new pins/manufacturers aren't good too--they are, once you get past the drama).

For older machines, the number of newly produced reproduction parts has been fantastic. Previously unobtainable parts are now obtainable, and machines have been saved from being parted out because of some of those critical parts being reproduced.

Also, awareness for pinball is spreading. Several TV spots have aired this year alone, and a few major (online) publications have posted articles about pinball.

New pinball shows are springing up everywhere. A few new first-time shows have been organized just in this alone year.

I'd say it's a good year for pinball.

#15 4 years ago

You forgot: WOOLY did not achieve it's pre-order minimum and commence production.

-mof

#16 4 years ago
    Quoted from mof:

You forgot: WOOLY did not achieve it's re-order minimum and commence production.

-mof

Really? On their website, it says they are going into production:

http://riotpinball.com/node/6

[edit] Nevermind, it looks like it's old news, according to the dates further down in the preorder payment schedule.

[edit2]: Frank still seems to be working on the software: http://www.pinballcontrollers.com/forum/index.php?topic=805.msg13591#msg13591

#17 4 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Misleading read a bit down:
    Wrath of Olympus Pinball - WOOLY

Attention Fans of WOOLY! Wrath of Olympus the Pinball Machine is moving into production! We have an agreement with Spooky Pinball, LLC to build our games for us! If you're interested in buying one please contact me at scott@riotpinball.com! Here are the details:
    Cost: $7950.00 USD + applicable taxes, fees, shipping, etc.
    Shipping Estimate: First units starting to ship Q3-Q4 2015.

Minimum Number of Units: A minimum of 100 orders will be required to start production.

#18 4 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

http://riotpinball.com/node/6

Read the whole thing.
    -mof

#19 4 years ago
    Quoted from mof:

Read the whole thing.
    -mof

Oops...read that as mofo!

#20 4 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

More like booted from every other arcade forum.

nowhere else.jpg
    #21 4 years ago
    Quoted from TOK:

nowhere else.jpg

Oh Tok...you are like my shadow, you follow me everywhere I go. I'm still on KLOV. You just don't know who I am! HAHAHAHAHA!

#22 4 years ago

JJP #3 announcement at Chicago Pinball Expo?

Please?!? Anything?!?

#23 4 years ago
    Quoted from kaneda:

Oh Tok...you are like my Shadow, you follow me everywhere I go. I'm still on KLOV. You just don't know who I am! HAHAHAHAHA!

Yea, I follow you everywhere you go by getting there years ahead of you. The real trick is that I'm there long after you're banned because I don't rip people off or post the same idiotic threads 10 times a week.

It won't take any work at all to figure out what your new name is, you'll be the only one defending the reputation of your prior banned name. Right, Megaton?

#24 4 years ago

I don't know about any KLOV drama, but I think his post is spot on about the state of pinball at the moment.

#25 4 years ago
    Quoted from mrclean:

I just really want JAWS.

GET THIS MAN A QUINT LE, STAT!

You and me both man. Maybe stern will revisit the idea? Never know...

#26 4 years ago

Nice to stay positive! Lots of great things in this post.

#27 4 years ago
    Quoted from TOK:

Yea, I follow you everywhere you go by getting there years ahead of you. The real trick is that I'm there long after you're banned because I don't rip people off or post the same idiotic threads 10 times a week.
    It won't take any work at all to figure out what your new name is, you'll be the only one defending the reputation of your prior banned name. Right, Megaton?

Whoa. That's like, some crazy internet stalker stuff right there.

#28 4 years ago

Year is half over in March? Someone not tell me that we are now on a 6 month year?

#29 4 years ago
    Quoted from balboarules:

Year is half over in March? Someone not tell me that we are now on a 6 month year?

Well I think we got a few more months of drama left. By May I hope all predator money is returned and hobbit is shipping.

#30 4 years ago
    Quoted from kaneda:

By May...... all predator money is returned and hobbit is shipping.

Lol

#31 4 years ago

I think one of the positives in pinball is the expanding set of people twitch streaming some pinball from their home, along with the improvements in streaming set ups at the bigger events. I quite enjoy a good pinball stream, always learn something from it

#32 4 years ago
    Quoted from dirtbag66:

Whoa. That's like, some crazy internet stalker stuff right there.

That comment is so f'ing backwards it's hilarious. He has burned his bridges on every arcade forum but this one. Multiple times on some forums, which he seems proud of. I wouldn't have written anything if someone else didn't first. Its a real ringing endorsement when someone basically compliments you for being less of an a-hole than usual.

Don't sell him anything is the only advice I can offer.

#33 4 years ago

SEND MONEY NOW!

#34 4 years ago
    Quoted from TOK:

nowhere else.jpg

I want your DOR!

#35 4 years ago
    Quoted from TOK:

That comment is so f'ing backwards it's hilarious. He has burned his bridges on every arcade forum but this one. Multiple times on some forums, which he seems proud of. I wouldn't have written anything if someone else didn't first. Its a real ringing endorsement when someone basically compliments you for being less of an a-hole than usual.
    Don't sell him anything is the only advice I can offer.

Oh tok I feel sad for you. I pay top dollar for my stuff. Sellers are all very happy. Even Colton is happy. did the guy I bought my LOTR le complain about a bad transaction?

#36 4 years ago
    Quoted from kaneda:

Oh tok I feel sad for you. I pay top dollar for my stuff. Sellers are all very happy. Even Colton is happy. did the guy I bought my LOTR le complain about a bad transaction?

Possibly, which of your 8 user names did you buy it under?

Goodbye, weirdo. I'm done with you.

#37 4 years ago

Don't forget Heighway. They've been incorporating feedback very well and should be shipping games soon.

#38 4 years ago
    Quoted from TOK:

Possibly, which of your 8 user names did you buy it under?
    Goodbye, weirdo. I'm done with you.

Tok, you really enjoy digging holes and the jumping in them. Here we are talking about the great stuff happening in pinball in 2015 and what do you do? You come in, all negative, calling me names. Unlike you who constantly hides and trolls my threads, I'm 100% transparent about who I am. My name is Chris Kooluris. I live in NYC. I work in marketing. I have a LOTR LE pinball machine that is now repaired YAY! I have an open invitation to anyone who wants to visit my arcade. If you beat a high score, you win $100.

I often play pinball at Modern Pinball, where everybody there knows me. I don't see them coming on here and calling me a weirdo.

Yes, I've got a history on KLOV and honestly, I'd do it all again. When I shared my arcade with the world, the world loved it, yet KLOV trolls tore me down time and time again. Guys like you TOK who constantly acted like the hobby belonged to you and nobody else. But it's all good man. It's just arcade and pinball machines...two things are just toys. The fact that grown men argue and debate these things is inane, no?

This is like the 15x you've said you're done with me...how about you stick to your word this time. What still makes no sense to me is this: if you hate me so, why do you even click on my thread? Why do you even post? Because you just want to spread hate. Let go of the hate man and let me hug the shit out of you.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 5,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 279.95
    Lighting - Led
    Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 26.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 23.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 495.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    MI Pinball Refinery
    $ 249.99
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 189.00
    Boards
    Little Shop Of Games
    € 6.50
    Flipper Parts
    Buthamburg
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 15.00
    $ 259.99
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 74.00
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 26.50
    $ 25.00
    Apparel - Unisex
    T-shirt- Grey Color Out of stock
    Project Pinball Charity

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside