Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by wayout440
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinFever.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Grail
a thing that is being earnestly pursued or sought after.
"profit has become the holy grail"

This topic post is two part.
1st / My Grail is Met Prem/le , I find that to me I enjoy this pin more than anything I have owned now and in past which is a lot of pins.
This Met Roadcase took the grail position over (1st grail)STTNG and(2nd) SM
Met prem was also my 1st NIB and took over the Grail spot after the code got refined and it has kept the top spot since.
not sure Maiden will change my mind as I played Modfathers pro several times now.

now part two . the definition of profit as a grail .. Well my take on this is that it is true. With all the scalpers on new pins due to speculation of success and price rises (tron, Met at one time,GB at one time, ) after release has ruined NIB buys somewhat but not the second hand market for the Pin Flippers .
It has made getting deals a bit harder to land as it is first come first serve and if you do not linger in all Pinball forums across the world you may miss the deals.
For me it is all about the deal now, if I can buy a game cheap, play it a ton , if I like I keep , If not ,I sell. most times making a buck or two or just get my money back and all the while had fun playing it . So basically a free rental. Win win !!

Was curious how many have found the grail they were looking for and what it was.
when I first got into pinball I knew not of the grail and it just Happened with Sttng which was my 3rd purchase / BK first (bad experience great game) pinbot then Sttng which thrilled me so much being a ST fan (TNG not so much) that I knew it would stay forever. But what did I know , I got tired of maintaining it and is one of the reasons I sold it. Never looked back until recently due to quality and node boards of the new pins now.
I believe I prefer the older games that are more serviceable than having to wait on sterns Lousy slow customer support.
And for that reason I am out( on new pins) - shark tank reference

What's your take ?

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

Fish Tales!!! I tried finding a trade deal but none were to be had, so I sold two games to fund buying one. Speculated on several over time that were long expeditions away then one popped up very close, in nice shape and in my price range.

if you had not found one a stellar FT popped up here in South Florida .
Glad you found your Grail. It probably will never leave. I know my Met is never leaving . I may be buried in it. COFFIN LOCK

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

I am having trouble thinking of MET being a 'grail' pin
to me a 'grail' pin is something you played years ago

that would be the Black Knight For me which as a kid in a pizza joint could not get enough of that game. fast forward to 2007 when I ran into one for sale I got it. Even though it wasn't the greatest experience as it was a problem child (40 pin connector and bad board) I enjoyed it enough to stay in the hobby.
But I had not played that many others younger and everything was new experience, however once you start playing your new one or older gem you may fall in love with it. I did with very few I been through .
Metallica Premium though has been my be all ,end all pin. Cant get enough of most of the shots . Inline drops . Snake mouth bash , it opens ,I choke the snake, Haha , Hit that newton cube and activate a hammer drop. All the modes it has in crank it up feel great ,ect ect , It will take an even better game to unseat the champ on my top 5 list .
Understood Heavy metal pins are not for everyone

#15 5 years ago

I think Grails should be harder to find, I may have messed up on topic heading for sure, Prized possession may have been better.
Did not know about that Funhouse prototypes . I probably never seen one and with only 3 may never see it .

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.95
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.50
$ 12.95
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Winston-salem, NC
$ 63.95
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinFever.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-search-for-the-grail-?tu=PinFever and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.