Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 24 days ago by dasvis
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

E1877531-02A1-4880-A738-EA32BDC0E989 (resized).jpeg

#1 25 days ago

How do I prevent the score reels from contacting the backglass on my 66 Cross Town. I have a BG Resto glass coming tomorrow and I don’t want to mess it up. This is what happened to the original glass.

E1877531-02A1-4880-A738-EA32BDC0E989 (resized).jpeg
#2 25 days ago

I keep editing-

Based upon the pic I dont see any damage corresponding to what I was expecting based on the title. Are you sure there is contact? I would have expected significant serious damage of a score reel was actually hitting the glass. Also- I dont even know how that would happen without something being seriously wrong.

#3 25 days ago

The small dots between the reels are from paint lose. When the reels are inserted in the plastic holders they can be pushed in far enough to contact the glass with tabs connected to the reel mechanism.

#4 25 days ago
Quoted from Silverstreak02:

The small dots between the reels are from paint lose. When the reels are inserted in the plastic holders they can be pushed in far enough to contact the glass with tabs connected to the reel mechanism.

To state an obvious solution... put something like felt on the tips that contact the glass

#5 25 days ago

Are the slots the reels slide into in good shape? Using the clips to secure them so they don't go in too far?

#6 25 days ago

So its the metal bracket assembly that holds the reel thats causing the damage not the actual reel?

#7 25 days ago
Quoted from rufessor:

So its the metal bracket assembly that holds the reel thats causing the damage not the actual reel?

Yes

#8 25 days ago

The bracket tips do touch the glass in those games I believe. Pretty sure my 65 Bank a Ball does

#9 25 days ago

My CT will do the same. If clips are used top and bottom on each reel you should be OK.
Putting felt on the tips would be a good precaution.
The new backglass will put the finishing touch on an awesome restoration.

#10 24 days ago

Just make sure that the reel metal tips cannot touch the glass by fitting the correct spring clips that hold the unit in the plastic slide retainers and make sure the glass is not loose and moving about.
I'm fairly sure the bgresto glasses have a hard coating on the back ( My Apollo has it) so should be stable enough but I wouldn't use felt or anything absorbent in case the glass gets mullered; many original GTB glasses that had factory fitted felt strips absorbed moisture and discoloured the glass and sometimes worse, make the artwork lift off.

#11 24 days ago

I use the fuzzy side of self adhesive velcro strips to space it back a bit. Much better than the paint removing factory Gottleib foam.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 399.95
$ 45.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 146.66
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
Electronics
nvram.weebly.com
$ 180.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Customs
€ 4.99
Flipper Parts
Multigame

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside