Topic Stats

• 60 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by westofrome
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“If you have a Bad Cats game, is the spring steel protector on the fishbowl ramp attached to the ramp (in addition to the rivets) or is there a gap between the steel and plastic?”

• The protector appears to be attached to the side of the ramp in addition to the rivets. 1 vote
    100%
  • The protector doesn't appear to be attached anywhere other than the rivets because there is a gap between them. 0 votes

(1 vote by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

abadrm3.jpg
DSCF1416.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lrosent345.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

{I thought these were supposed to be done by the end of last year.
It seems Starship fantasy is off to a REALLY slow start after taking over for pinball inc.
I wonder what's up w/ that?}

Here's what's up with that. James Loflin from Pinball, Inc will be the lead engineer for the production of new titles including Bad Cats. The transition from Pinball Inc to Starship Fantasy actually went quite well. The thermoforming company outside of Atlanta didn't do well with the transition. From November 4th until January 7th, they were unable to produce any ramps. This has led to an unacceptable amount of out of stock ramps.

While I could have made more money producing the Bad Cats ramps I felt an obligation to my distributors to continue to produce the core products before introducing new products. I am praying that all the difficulties with the thermoforming company have been solved.
They are producing ramps as we speak. As soon as core products, Addams Family as an example, are back in stock, we will slip in Bad Cats. Hopefully with in 2 to 3 months.

3 months later
#11 8 years ago

Problems with the thermoforming company have been solved. They are producing ramps now but it is going to take a while for them to get caught up. James Loflin is still responsible for the development of all new titles. He is currently working on Bad Cats and the Cyclone Ferris wheel.

2 months later
#22 8 years ago

All of the ramps and parts for Bad Cats are at their respective manufacturers. I continue to be amazed at how many things can go wrong and delay the production of ramps. I have underestimated time in all my guesses and I'm getting a little gun shy cause I get upset when I don't keep my word. We are still waiting for the first set of ramps to be done and then the fitting process starts. Cyclone Ferris wheel is next then WCS.

1 month later
#26 8 years ago

We are getting close. The second trial fitting is done and we are making small changes to the CNC machine. All parts have been received except the decal and those are printing right now. Hopefully less than a month.

3 weeks later
#31 8 years ago

Update. We are ready to go to production. I can't get a for sure date from the thermoforming company. I'm gun shy about giving a release date cause I always seem to be wrong, so I'm gonna say a month.

1 month later
#45 8 years ago

Just sticking in my 2 cents. Yep another delay and this one is all my fault. I have everything I need except the exit bracket for the fishbowl ramp which I forgot to order several months ago. The bracket has been ordered but there is always a lag time before they get produced. I will announce here when they are ready to go. I can tell you retail will be $229 for the set.

#47 8 years ago

Curley got the only 5 sets I could make so you should be good.

2 weeks later
#56 8 years ago

Well, I know this is going to be almost impossible to believe but wave one of Bad Cats ramps are available for purchase. Go here, "http://starship-fantasy.com/ramps/Bad-Cats-Ramp-Set". This wave will consist of 75-100 sets. Wave 2 will be available around December 8th. If you are ordering from outside the continental United States, please order via email to [email protected].

#59 8 years ago

Wayne: Too funny. I must admit I had never heard of Vail until your order and I have lived in AZ for 41 years. Cyclone Ferris wheel ramp is next then WCS. Thanks everyone for all your support.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lrosent345.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-scoop-on-bad-cats-ramps?tu=lrosent345 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.