image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 8 years ago

Bally Medusa

Occasional ball start the skill shot is ruined by a 1000 point switch being triggered.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

Tried locating a closely gapped dummy switch scoring 1000 points. Interesting part was it will only trigger at ball start and no other time. Skill shot is very hard but very lucrative if you hit it. Lights the spinner for huge points. Switch ended up being one of the rollovers for the skillshot. Once the ball is in play these switches no longer score anything. One was too closely gapped and triggered frequently on ball launch. That killed the skillshot and deactivated all the rollover.

#52 8 years ago

Gottlieb Stargate

Left flipper not working.

First thing I look for is a broken wire on the coil lug. Happens a lot with all the vibration. Upon lifting the playfield this is what I found

Linkage snapped on the plunger. Pulled apart the flipper mech and found the coil stop broken apart as well. Upon rebuilding still no left flipper action so I checks the fuse. Gottliebs are great in this era. Every coil has its own fuse under the playfield in a nice bank. That had blown when all the parts grenaded.

After changing all this the flipper now works again. image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

1 week later
#53 8 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

Gottlieb/Premier Hoops
Issue is one of the top rollovers is lit to light lock. Hitting the switch does not light the lock but hitting the pop bumper below it does light lock. image_(resized).jpeg
Looking closely at the area the leaf switch for the roller was closed at all times. Hitting a pop bumper right below it made enough vibration to open the switch momentarily and then close again awarding the locks. Properly gapped the switch and all is well.

Take good care of this, I will be back for it eventually.

#54 8 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Take good care of this, I will be back for it eventually.

Never leaving!

Things have been pretty bulletproof the past couple weeks besides a major issue with full throttle which should be fixed soon.

#55 8 years ago

This is cool Jim. As a novice tech, I like seeing what the issue was then reading how you troubleshoot and then fix.

I need to get my ass down to the Sanctum again....

#56 8 years ago

Yes you do! We are open tonight actually while I start prepping the place for next weekends tournament.

#57 8 years ago

Yes you do! We are open tonight actually while I start prepping the place for next weekends tournament.

I'm coming to break things. It is my way of bumping this thread.

#58 8 years ago

I'm sure you and Holly will break one of the selfie games. Which will be the first to go down?

#59 8 years ago

I'm sure you and Holly will break one of the selfie games. Which will be the first to go down?

That depends, which of the 5 do you own? Oh, Title Fight right? 12M or bust tonight.

#60 8 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

That depends, which of the 5 do you own? Oh, Title Fight right? 12M or bust tonight.

#61 8 years ago

I'll roll over Fireball Classic while you attempt that

#62 8 years ago

One issue this week.

Bally Nip-It

Starting a game plays fine fire a second and then score reels all reset and game starts over mid ball. Once the ball drains it then starts adding players until it has 4 coined up and game starts doing it all over again.

Scratched my head for a minute and then looked at the metal start button on the coin door. It was stuck in giving constant power to start relay causing all sorts of fun behavior!

#63 8 years ago

Huge tournaments this weekend. Over 80 people total. Games were played a ton. 1200$ in prize money raised. Was too busy fixing games on the fly to log and report what was fixed but I'm left with a long list still for tonight. image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg
Never ends with 45 games setup

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 85.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

2,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Towson, MD
$ 28.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 169.00
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 32.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

£ 195.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-sanctum-weekly-game-repair-log/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.