3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Nazz26
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

Do NIB sales generally sell more often during certain times of the year(tax return time or holidays)? I know with this pandemic every recreational hobby is selling and retailers can not keep their inventory in stock. Very strange. You would think the consumer would be saving during this rainy day, coming from the consumer that bought 3 machines during COVID times..Ha ha. I’m asking during normal times(pre pandemic).
    I apologize if this has been asked before.

#2 3 years ago

Among the old timers the common wisdom has always been that pin sales slow during the summer when people are “out doing things.” Checking my notes after 15 years as a small time retailer that checks out, traditionally June-August has always been my slowest sales times.

Others have other theories that don’t really make sense to me, like “after Christmas is the slowest” which isn’t really true - pins sell all winter and people are also likely to buy what they wish they’d have gotten for Xmas.

Same with the tax time theory just doesn’t make much sense nor is it reflected in my 15 years’ worth of data.

#3 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Among the old timers the common wisdom has always been that pin sales slow during the summer when people are “out doing things.” Checking my notes after 15 years as a small time retailer that checks out, traditionally June-August has always been my slowest sales times.
    Others have other theories that don’t really make sense to me, like “after Christmas is the slowest” which isn’t really true - pins sell all winter and people are also likely to buy what they wish they’d have gotten for Xmas.
    Same with the tax time theory just doesn’t make much sense nor is it reflected in my 15 years’ worth of data.

Thnx Levi. I was asking because would it makes sense for a company like Stern that will release 3 to 4 games a year release there headliner machine during that time. What Stern thinks will be there biggest seller of the year.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-sale-of-nib-by-distributors and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.