Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by triadwatch
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

c9edb251696b9a13a0885abe6a0f9fc2.jpg
    FILE0196.JPG
    230baa53723fbadc8d0b800ed16d04e7.jpg
    31d6b241c00b027bb0f28445d22c7bff.jpg
    10a0714c7ad5c59b7f98696a58695260.jpg
    #1 11 years ago

I saw the thread a while back on this but HAD to add my own $.02.
    Am at universal Orlando this week and I had to seek out the pinball scene.

I found two arcades with machines. Both were shreks. Both were nasty! I played one and found myself counting the things that were broken. My wife played the other and commented on how dirty the playfield was because the ball just wouldn't even roll well. And the machines were so isolated it was almost like they were trying to hide them..

Go figure. Universal...they have spiderman, creature from the black lagoon, monster bash, terminator....but none of those machines....

Here are a few pics....

#2 11 years ago

Guess I can't upload from the iPad...I will try again shortly.

#3 11 years ago

Use Opera to upload stuff on iPad.

#4 11 years ago

Thank you!

10a0714c7ad5c59b7f98696a58695260.jpg10a0714c7ad5c59b7f98696a58695260.jpg 31d6b241c00b027bb0f28445d22c7bff.jpg31d6b241c00b027bb0f28445d22c7bff.jpg 230baa53723fbadc8d0b800ed16d04e7.jpg230baa53723fbadc8d0b800ed16d04e7.jpg

#5 11 years ago

Last August my wife and 3 adult children went back to Disneyworld (walk down memory lane for when they were younger and we went there). Here is a pic of a POTC we found at that Pizza Planet place in Hollywood Studios (AKA MGM). The ship was broke, both flippers were mis-aligned severely, many lights out, filthy outside and inside machine. Sticky everywhere...I don't think they even wipe them down once a day the way it looked. We went there two days in a row and the machine had the same filth on the lock down bar. What a shame. I needed a pinball fix and this machine did not provide it. I feel for your dissapointment at Universal (which is a great place like Disney, just not to take care of pins

FILE0196.JPGFILE0196.JPG

#6 11 years ago
    Quoted from NJGecko:

Both were shreks.

Seriously wow, that is sad. a place like that should have a kickin arcade.

#7 11 years ago

What a convienently placed barcode plate below the coin door! Also looks like one of those rare coin return mechs where you have to pull it out instead of push it in.

c9edb251696b9a13a0885abe6a0f9fc2.jpgc9edb251696b9a13a0885abe6a0f9fc2.jpg

#8 11 years ago

Magic Kingdom had 5 or 6 tables in their arcade. All with various issues

#10 11 years ago

Then we wonder why nobody plays them on route anymore. Because they are not maintained.

#11 11 years ago

Pinball on vacation? wtf? why? The last thing I'd want to see. Talk about boring vacation.

#12 11 years ago
    Quoted from Tommi_Gunn:

Pinball on vacation? wtf? why? The last thing I'd want to see. Talk about boring vacation.

Man, you sound like my wife! I'm always looking for my "next purchase"!
    '

#13 11 years ago

It's not really boring for those of us who don't have day-to-day access to these you know.

#14 11 years ago

I've seen dirtier machines than that around here. I've seen LotR's that you can't even see the light of the bulbs thru the crap on the pf, and the only thing not working on that one was the vuk on the 'mystery' area. A little spit and polish and that Shrek will look good as new.

#15 11 years ago

I do NOT want to see spit from anyone here!

Just amazes me...I'm not sure if it speaks to Universal or the demand of the people when they have only the one machine here hidden in a nasty corner and the centerpiece of the arcade is a 42" touch screen Fruit Ninja...

#16 11 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

It's not really boring for those of us who don't have day-to-day access to these you know.

Seriously...

Some of us here on Pinside ENJOY playing pinball, even on vacation! Shocking, I know, but true!

#17 11 years ago
    Quoted from mrSATURN2012:

Seriously...
    Some of us here on Pinside ENJOY playing pinball, even on vacation! Shocking, I know, but true

I enjoy reading about it at work, and playing it off work. My next vacation will be pinball almost exclusively (PAPA), so I can't see NOT playing pinball on vacation!

#18 11 years ago
    Quoted from Blakesell:

I enjoy reading about it at work, and playing it off work. My next vacation will be pinball almost exclusively (PAPA), so I can't see NOT playing pinball on vacation!

Live, play, and dream pinball. The bug

#19 11 years ago

heheh it looks like that Shrek is making a break for the EXIT door!

#20 11 years ago
    Quoted from Chudmeat:

heheh it looks like that Shrek is making a break for the EXIT door!

I was also thinking that too.

#21 11 years ago

Haha yeah, the less money it makes the closer the ops move it to the door until the fire marshall starts yelling.

#22 11 years ago

Njgecko I had this post about the cost to play at universal

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/150-to-play-shrek-at-universal-studios-fl-ridiculous

Even on vacation it is fun to play some pins but when it cost $1.50 on 3 ball with top flipper not working that sucks. It was also interesting that spiderman ride is next to arcade and no spiderman pinball machine.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-sad-state-of-pins-at-universal-orlando and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.