(Topic ID: 186647)

THE Reason why (I think) Ghostbusters sucks....

By xyntec

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Anyone agrees?”

• Yes 103 votes
    35%
  • No 137 votes
    46%
  • Waiting for a code update 30 votes
    10%
  • No Opinion 26 votes
    9%

(296 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpeg
Peewee (resized).jpg
20170515_152643 (resized).jpg
new_Ghostbusters_LOGO_by_johnnysparks (resized).jpg
20170514_115219 (resized).jpg
20161024_191722 (resized).jpg
20170204_212146 (resized).jpg
boom-2028563_960_720 (resized).png
IMG_3066 (resized).JPG
IMG_3065 (resized).JPG
monkey_poo_for_you_pt6_by_jays_doodles (resized).jpg
IMG_1279 (resized).JPG
IMG_3067 (resized).JPG
IMG_3066 (resized).JPG
IMG_3065 (resized).JPG
IMG_3062 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tk-the-jammer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 7 years ago

Just keep practicing you'll learn where to shoot and where not to shoot. Although the pro does play easier than the premium/Le. But not by much. The one thing that makes this game difficult for me is the gap in the flippers. Longer flipper bats can be substituted to increase gameplay time. Also decreasing STDM. The classic Trudeau outlanes definitely increase ball drains. Mass hysteria multi-ball is crazy, it's supposed to be chaotic. The flippers can be reversed skillfully by hitting the right side trapped ball. I've had a couple good games on GB but for the most part it eats me alive.

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from trunchbull:

If you think it's frustrating at home, try playing it on location for a buck a game with a left scoop that fires SDTM!

Unless their unaware, vendors can adjust the power of this scoop so it doesn't blast it straight down the middle. Maybe some are aware and they do it intentionally. The last time I played it on location I lost all three balls in this manner and I walked away!

#26 7 years ago

If anyone is so frustrated with this game they would like to trade it for a Rob Zombie brand new in the box. Please feel free to contact me. Especially if it's in really good condition with no ghosting. (no pun intended). I really enjoy the pro but I'm down with the premium as well.

2 weeks later
#97 6 years ago

I was eager to own a Ghostbusters. I traded my Metallica that I was getting sick of for a GB. Metallica played great and being in the Pinside top 10 made me never want to get rid of it. I lost sleep over this trade in the first two days. Finally I started practicing on GB and got pretty good at it. The honeymoon phase is over and still I totally love this game. Getting this game tuned in and leveled good is important for gameplay. Add a Shaker motor and a decent subwoofer can make it phenomenal. I rank Ghostbusters in my personal top 10 where it will remain for some time to come. For many reasons I have to answer the poll with no to agreement. To each his own though right?

3 weeks later
#274 6 years ago

The only redundant complaint I agree about in this thread is the dimpling. This is common with all the newer Sterns from the moment they started cutting corners and started using cheap, quick grown, soft wood playfields. Luckily, I didn't see the ghosting issues that others before me were plagued with. I replaced my Slimer just by simply contacting a technician and having the new updated version sent. Now it works perfectly after a five-minute installation. I don't even mind when the ball bounces back after hitting a Scolari brother it takes a little talent to hit them right and it's as if the game is fighting back. I have over-compensated most of the issues just by increasing my skill level. It's a lot easier when you have the game at home and don't have to keep popping dollars into it. I will admit it probably took me 50 games to get to the level where I started to really enjoy it. At first I had a lot of contempt for the game and scores of 20 to 40 million. Now I consider a good game 500 million to a billion. I'm regretting letting go of my pro model later this week but I'm gearing up to buy a premium. I would expect though with all the Fiasco's associated with this game that Stern has learned their lesson and would beta test their games better and start releasing games with completed code. Doubt it will change anything for the future though just wishful thinking.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

15,699 (OBO)
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tk-the-jammer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-reason-why-i-think-ghostbusters-sucks?tu=tk-the-jammer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.