(Topic ID: 186647)

THE Reason why (I think) Ghostbusters sucks....

By xyntec

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Anyone agrees?”

• Yes 103 votes
    35%
  • No 137 votes
    46%
  • Waiting for a code update 30 votes
    10%
  • No Opinion 26 votes
    9%

(296 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpeg
Peewee (resized).jpg
20170515_152643 (resized).jpg
new_Ghostbusters_LOGO_by_johnnysparks (resized).jpg
20170514_115219 (resized).jpg
20161024_191722 (resized).jpg
20170204_212146 (resized).jpg
boom-2028563_960_720 (resized).png
IMG_3066 (resized).JPG
IMG_3065 (resized).JPG
monkey_poo_for_you_pt6_by_jays_doodles (resized).jpg
IMG_1279 (resized).JPG
IMG_3067 (resized).JPG
IMG_3066 (resized).JPG
IMG_3065 (resized).JPG
IMG_3062 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#32 7 years ago

I just want to point out that I did not start this thread....and that's all I'm gonna say.

#52 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Got to WRTBY already? how the fawk are you guys setting up your games? Carrot flippers & center post with side posts all the way down? Or is everyone on pinside Keith Elwin? I think you guys are setting your shit up to easy and that's why you get bored with it. I have yet to see anyone even come close to getting to WRTBY on any GB i've seen around here including mine. Hell, i've owned LOTR since 2007, and only got 85% of the way to valinor once, out of the past 10 years. (that's as close as I ever got). Am I going to pussy out and make it easier so I can reach the end? Fawk no!. That's the journey, that's what keeps you coming back. Waiting and striving to be better, play better, and see what takes for ever to see. If I wanted a game I could blown through on the first or second play, i'd own MB, or SS or something like that.

Get off your high horse of shame. People pay good money for pinball machines and they should be enjoyable. There's a reason the center post and other mods are making a small fortune for the mod community - it's not because people want the game "easy". It's because the game shipped with massive design flaws and linear code - and people just want their games to be a bit more fun and to see more than "Who Brought the Dog" when they play. You can set up a LOTR super hard, and a player can at least enjoy fresh content each time by starting any ring mode in any order, or any of the 3 Multiballs in any order. Imagine if you had to play Witch King first every time ...or do the multiballs in strict trilogy order...locking out basic content isn't good for pinball design. Sure - save certain things for great players - Destroy the Ring, Elf Gifts, There and Back Again, etc. By being so rigidly structured, GB has locked away most the basic content from 95% of players. People don't want it "easy", but those tweaks are the only possible way people will ever see more than a couple modes due to the cheap drains out of the box and linear modes.

#66 7 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

If you like hard games like twd or im, your probably going to love this game. If you want a walk in the park, you probably wont.

IM is one of my all time favorites. I enjoy TWD enough to play it on location. I hate GB. Difficulty is not the issue with GB. Poor/unfair design & linear code is. The game is not even remotely comparable to IM or TWD.

1 week later
#73 6 years ago
Quoted from bb2j3z:

I've had a gb premium for about 3 weeks... it's about the most frustrating game I've played. The biggest killer is the flipper gap... just not a lot of fun imho. Pretty disappointing. Tonight I just had to walk away.

It's not gonna magically become more fun. Time to walk away for real. Get a fun game!

#80 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

There are issues with the game's design, but the gap isn't one off them.

It absolutely is. Follow the money = those center post kits have sold SOOO WELLLL!

Had the game shipped with normal flipper gap and maybe a center post, that would have been a start in correcting the design flaws. Any owner/op who felt it was too easy that way could have easily removed the post and/or added lightning flippers to widen the gap.

Word is that the gap was wider than Trudeau intended, but it was too late to change it...and Trudeau has been told to put a normal gap on his next game.

#84 6 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

I have a love hate relationship with it fir sure,defiantly frustrating at times,but those 2 outta 10 games that go over a billion are so so worth it. Maybe other pins are not this hard,I agree. But for an at home game, who wants an easy pin ? I do hope the code gets upgraded (stern pinball arcade said yesterday that new code is coming! ) But anyway. GC couple weeks ago 3.7billion. The wife has high score of 3.2billion. Have the lane post low,and extra ball instead of replay Otherwise factory. Pke ramp during multiball with 6times play field. That's the trick. Local kid got 8billion on location.

For those of us who don't like it, the issue isn't "difficulty", it's a design that is anti-fun and rules that are repetitive. You keep bringing up the billions of points - sure that might be interesting for a tournament player, but most people who approach a story/comedy/mode-based pin like GB aren't looking for points exploits...they're looking for a fun time with those characters and one-liners...due to the cheap design and linear rules, you rarely experience what you want to experience since the characters and audio clips are locked away in the modes no one can reach. I can set up any mode based game to be super difficult, but because most games randomize their modes and have lots of other shots that give satisfying reactions, you can have a different experience every time you play. GB is exactly the same, in the same order every time.

I've had the occasional long billion-point game on GB, but it still wasn't satisfying as I only got through 2 or 3 modes. It always feels more like a survival grind than fun.

#87 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

If you actually owned the game and put some decent time on it, you'd realize the gap is a non-issue. The center exit from the pops is what causes the SDTM drains, and those would happen even with the standard gap. SDTM is SDTM. The droopy flippers ARE an issue, as the make ball control much harder. The center exit by the pops is an issue. Airballs can be an issue. Lane jumping can be an issue.
The gap, however, is not.
Namaste.

I agree, all of those things are issues...and I have had decent time on it. I don't have to own it to know what I know. Which is the same thing you know. Peace.

#90 6 years ago
Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

Good God. Are u hoping Stern tracks your amount of negative reviews and pays you to stop posting or are you on another company's payroll? It's bordering on hysterics.

Look at the title of this thread.

Look at other people's comments.

Ask yourself why you're focusing on me?

Don't like it, put me on ignore.

#93 6 years ago
Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

There might be 50 monkeys in a zoo cage. People pay attention to the one in a jumping up and down, screaming and throwing it's own poo.
Did you catch ghostbusters in bed with your wife or something?

Nah, but I think I'm catching you blowing a load on Ghostbusters as we speak...while your wife has a finger up your poopchute, your cat licks your balls while your dog humps it, and your gramma watches.

Cuz...yeah, cuz that's where this has gone.

Cheers!

Also Ghostbusters sucks, as the subject says. If that bothers you, please go to the "Lets blow loads on Ghostbusters" thread.

[image removed]

#100 6 years ago
Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

Dude!!! OMG this is a PG-13 forum! Please edit!!!

You first. You insinuated that GB banged my wife. Don't be a hypocrite. Don't insult if you can't take it flung back atchya.

#110 6 years ago
Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

I have special privileges though. I can say things to you but not vice versa.

Good luck with that.

[Comment removed]

#113 6 years ago
Quoted from trunchbull:

uh. ok.
I've had several really good games and I still don't like how the game handles the theme. I think the design is clumsy and annoying, and the linear modes bite. It's really un-fun.

GB has brought victim blaming mentality to pinball. If you don't enjoy the shitty game, it must be YOUR fault

#120 6 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

Your negativity makes Pinside less enjoyable, to be honest.

Ghostbusters makes pinball less enjoyable.

LOOK AT THE NAME OF THIS THREAD! ...and take note that I didn't start it.

If you don't like the sentiment, GTFO of this thread. I'm not really doing this (much) elsewhere at this point.

If my existence pains you so much - use the f'ing ignore button....and when you do, you'll notice it isn't just me shitting ok this game!

#121 6 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

RareHerO-Din?
Nah, sounds silly.

That sounds like a Brundle Fly type of nightmare.

#139 6 years ago
Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

Looks like Rarehero is going to have to sit on the bench for the next few plays due to thread eject.
It's cool not to like a game. When a guy gets to the point of stalking forum topics and actually seems to get mad at folks who don't agree with his rants, something might be a little off?

Look in the mirror, bro. Maybe one day your hypocrisy will be clear to you. This is a GB OPINION THREADS and you're the one constantly complaining about me specifically when the majority of the posters in this thread agree with the premise. Do you see me doing this in the "club threads"? No. Someone asks opinions about GB - I will chime in with an opinion, just like everyone else.

So, put me on ignore please. If you've made it a mission to point out my flaws, I'll make it a point to call out your hypocrisy at every turn. Your move. Ignore me and I vanish!

#140 6 years ago
Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

Rarehero called Avatar LE "Fast, fun and addictive (Ironman style)" and he's owned Popeye Saves the Earth so we all should take his opinion seriously.

Look at you Stalker McStalkerson - posting the same "burn" in two threads. Well allow me to retort thru the magic of copy/paste:

Avatar is fast fun and addictive. Tell me why it's not. Main reason I see people not liking Avatar is the theme or the one ramp....and that's fair. Ultimately I sold t because I have similar games I like better. I still think it's an underrated game and fun for what it is.
As for Popeye...you're telling me you wouldn't pick up a nice $1000 Popeye locally just to jam on for a bit? Popeye's my favorite old cartoon character. I got it, shopped it, played it, sold it. It's not a great game but it's not horrible. It has its charm.

Interesting that you picked the two games with an environmental message as a basis to insult me. Hmmmm.....

#142 6 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

The common advice is if you don't like a game, don't play it. And yet following that advice I still can't escape this fucking game and its fucking scream that goes off every fucking time at league

LOL - I was playing Aerosmith at Ayce Gogi - and someone was playing GB a few games down ...that scream scared the shit out of me and made me drain on Aerosmith. THATS how bad GB is - it's so cheap it makes you drain on other games.

#153 6 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Button Mash has what, a premium?

Pro...unless they swapped it out recently.

#160 6 years ago
Quoted from ThiagoValdez:

Everyone's got an opinion though. I find the "ghostbusters sucks" phrasing a bit hyperbolic. Not perfect, maybe not to the taste of some, but still an impressive machine by most metrics. It takes quite an ego to claim it sucks flat out.

Nah, it just takes experience with other pinball machines as a point of comparison. Nothing to do with ego or hyperbole...just experience. I've been playing pinball heavily for 10 years...and probably played every "modern" (DMD+ era) pinball machine. I understand the rules of a good percentage of them thoroughly. So - compared to all the games I've played, I can confidently say that it is my opinion that Ghostbusters is one of the worst games I have ever played. Period. It's certainly the biggest disappointment I've seen come out of Stern. It has an unholy combination of terrible design, repetitive modes, cheapness and anti-fun that I just have not experienced in any other game. I can usually find something positive to say about games I dislike...the only thing I like about GB is the art, but that's ceases to be relevant once I hit "Start". I'd rather play Avengers, Austin Powers, 24, NBA, or any number of Stern games that are considered "duds". They all have issues, but I can find fun in them.

#162 6 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

I had no idea we had such a pinball expert in our midst! You've been playing pinball for 10 years!?

Is that not enough time to have played every modern game thoroughly?

Quoted from Allibaster:

I thought I really enjoyed my Pro, but now I realize I don't have the proper credentials or history to hate it. I could never see the "anti-fun" before.

You never had airballs of doom? Never had outlane hops of death? Never had constant STDM from the left pops exit? Never played Who Brought the Dog so many times you wanna bash your own skull in?

Quoted from Allibaster:

Time to trade it for an Austin Powers, I guess.

Cool, it's a better game!

My point was - GB fans act as though GB non-fans are somehow lacking a good reason for not enjoying it...but when you compare it to 100's of other games, it does so much wrong that all those other games do right.

#174 6 years ago
Quoted from hawke:

- Don't disregard a machine in the "ether" of pinball just because you aren't good at it. (In the gaming world you're a what we call a "N00b")

Quoted from hawke:

I'm a brand new pinball player.

N00b.

Quoted from hawke:

At the end of the day this game really symbolizes the next step in doing what Pinball 2000 couldn't do.

18 years ago Revenge From Mars did PERFECTLY what GB failed to do with the Ecto Goggles: Animated "holograms" that meaninfully interact with the ball.

Quoted from hawke:

It's the perfect time for pinball's evolution and I feel as though this machine (with a few more code updates) will fly that flag high.

You're new to pinball, and you're calling GB an evolution!?! You need to play more games. Not saying that as an insult...but seriously, you need to play more games. There's zero in GB that's "evolutionary"....and it barely does well what 100's of games have done better.

Quoted from hawke:

I've also never seen a pinball machine yet that goes from Pro to Premium that are completely different games.

AC/DC, Transformers, GOT, etc...plenty of games that are quite different from Pro to Prem/LE.

Quoted from hawke:

- Ghostbusters is still doing code updates don't forget (and in my opinion have gotten better each update - PLEASE DWIGHT... It's not done yet)

Welcome to pinball. Hoping for code updates doesn't mean they'll happen. Plenty of Stern games are still waiting for updates...the only ones that always make the cut are Lyman games...unfortunately he's stuck on B66 for who knows how long.

Quoted from hawke:

those mag slings are pure punishment.

Yes, that's called POOR DESIGN lol

Quoted from hawke:I may be too new school to say this but this is the only pinball machine that fights you back.

Play Iron Man. That fights you back legitimately through fun design. GB isn't fighting back, it's just being an a-hole.

#180 6 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

So wife and I finally got to play an LE on Saturday. I was unimpressed with the pro. We will be buying a premium once funds are available. Yes it can be clunky with shots, but so can Shadow. Brick a shot there and it is SDTM in an instant. Yet when you get a hold on Shadow it plays super smooth like butter. GB was much the same for me.

...but imagine if Shadow made you play the "Farley" mode first every single time before you could play other modes....or if you had to do a ton of shit in order before you could ever see the Battlefield (basically ensuring you'll never see it). That's the dif.

#182 6 years ago
Quoted from hawke:

I understand your comments (and humor actually) but I really feel as though Ghostbusters is the next step, or in time a really good study on pinball design (good or bad).

What is that step though? I mean that's cool that you dig it and all - but I'm not seeing anything on GB that's evolutionary. It's got magnets. Tons of games have magnets (used to better effect IMO). It's got a dangly thing to hit - so does BDK/B66 and Junkyard, again - to better effect. It's got a hologram that doesn't do much. RFM did that better. It's got a "rollercoaster" type of ramp. Whitewater did that. Back and forth captive balls - tons of games have done that. Playfields drop targets - again, tons of games have done it.

Where's the evolution? It's a game like any other game...

Quoted from hawke:

Often when I get to that, I have this strange saying that pops into my head.
"I want to drag it outside and set it on fire, just to prove a point."

...see, you like the game and STILL feel that way. That's telling. That means you get where I'm coming from. No other game gives me that feeling. There are hard and challenging games that make me go "OOHHHH, you bastard - lets go again!!!" Bit drag it outside to set on fire? That's something else. That's anti-fun.

#183 6 years ago
Quoted from hawke:

For shadow that would be frustrating and you do have a point BUT the shadow also has a game defining flaw. You literally don't need to do anything in the game except shoot loops for combos... All other modes literally get in your way from a high score (minus stacking multiballs if you wanted to). What would you say to something like that compared to ghostbusters? At least it's spread out.

That's tourney logic - I don't play games that way. But even if I did - that's my choice to make. GB doesn't really give you choices. You're restricted to linear ladders and that's that.

#190 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Also, in defense of Ghuostbusters "linear" rules I'll say that it benefits the game.

Ok, enjoy then. It has alienated many from the game when it didn't have to.

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

1. You don't start the same mode each time as modes can start based on the mode ladder you CHOOSE through gameplay.

It's still linear and repetitive and due to the cheap airballs, stdm and outlane hop drains...you're basically seeing the same mode or two every game. We got one and Who brought the Dog. Not to mention the super annoying "miss the mode skill shot, you'll prob cheap-drain while attacking Slimer to start a mode" logic.

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Playing modes based on scenes in the film that occur later on doesn't make sense from a story perspective.

Yet non-linear modes have worked perfectly in every movie based game ever. No one has ever complained about random modes before.

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

There's more to pinball then two orbits and two ramps in traditional locations that return the ball directly to the flippers.

GB has two orbits and two ramps that return the ball directly to the flippers lol. Except the orbits spelt ones return the ball down mile-wide gapsville.

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Also, Ghostbusters Premium offers the most "premium" features and extras then any other modern Stern, easily.

ACDC prem got me this over Pro:

Color changing inserts
Color changing GI
Molded train
Dancin' band
Swinging bell & bell magnet
Highway fire lights
Animated TNT
ACDC and TNT Drop targets
Lower playfield
Crossover ramp
Bigger subwoofer
Powder coated trim

GB Prem:
Butt dragging side to side Slimer
Ecto Goggles
Different Ramps
Molded library & storage
Magna Slings

The most Prem features and Extras, you say?

#195 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

You always have a choice between 3 different scenes, unless a ladder is completed or your end shot starts the next scene. So you analogy holds little weight to it.
Rob

Mmmm except LOTS of people bump on it - so it's not just a "me" thing. Lots of people don't like the mode structure/logic. I don't think it would be as divisive if the playfield didn't have all the frustrating cheap drain issues. But it is what it is - design and code must work in tandem.

#196 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Oh Rarehero, attempting to purposely undermine Ghostbusters Premium feature yet again. Tisk tisk. Let me help educate you
Ecto Goggles
Metal subway ramp that drops under the playfield
Physical ball lock integrated with subway ramp
Magna slings with 4 playfield flashers
Moving left to right Slimer
Molded library
Molded storage facility
Cross over right ramp
Additional scoop eject
Metal apron
There are more substantial extras on GB, and ones actually made out of metal, compared to ACDC (great game btw, grew tired of rules and sold mine).

So you mentioned the same shit I did ...and metal apron, really? lol. I guess I should mention ACDC's translucent red apron ($100 from Stern now lol) and apron flashers, too. ACDC Prem has more shit vs. pro, period. Substantial is subjective - but ass dragging back and forth Slimer doesn't add anything (Pro is better) and the Goggles don't really do much either.

#199 6 years ago
Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

He traded out his GB for the lower rated and more expensive Hobbit which has a very pretty playfield. I find it to be too wide open and kind of a snooze fest. Ball times are long like Rbion. All his GB hate may be just a desperate attempt to convince himself he made a good choice. I certainly wouldn't have done it.

Geeze you GB culties take this shit so seriously. "Desperate attempt" lol ....If I really wanted a GB I'd go fucking buy one. Like - is that your angle? They're unavailable or I can't afford it? Okaaaaay lol. It's literally the worst game I've ever played in my life. That is the only reason I don't have it. The only thing I need to do to convince myself Hobbit was the right choice is hitting the start button. It brings me joy, rather than sapping it like the garbage dumpster that unfortunately carries the great moniker of Ghostbusters.

#200 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

No you actually left out a lot in attempt to undermine the game again.
Do you really want to go down this path? What does the TNT mech do in ACDC, the buzzing plastic band, heck even the mini playfield? Not much due to very little rules coded for each. There are only so many things a pinball toy / feature can do regardless of the game. I wish the Ecto Goggles could spot real ghosts and grill me a steak but its not going to happen, lol.

Lol whatever bro....enjoy. Hope they worked out the QC.

#202 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

When you insult a game over and over again in a very negative way people are going to become defensive. There's nothing wrong with not liking the game but it's the way you go about it that is, it's rude.
There are games in your collection that I'm not a fan of but I would never called them a "garbage dumpster"...as it's simply not a cool thing to do.
When I said in another thread that I purchased a Ghostbusters premium you went on your dumpster rant yet again. Why attack an owner over their new purchase? Again, not cool.

Context is important. For years you've gone on and on about JJP's code support frequency vs. Stern. You've been posting vigorously (and rightfully so) about Stern's QC issues for about a year now. So - I found it odd that you flipped and knowingly bought a game with code and QC issues, especially when they're right in the middle of "Split Cabinetgate". Making observations and voicing opinions is not an "attack".

#205 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Telling people over and over again that their game is a garbage dumpster is not making an observation, lol, that's an attack

No, it's my description of the game. Please look up the definition of attack.

#207 6 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

I didn't expect to come into this thread again, with 17 new posts since last visit, to see Rarehero shit on Ghostbusters AGAIN......and AGAIN.....and AGAIN
We get it bubs...

GB Cult making me their Satan AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN.

Please address all of the other people posting similar opinions, bubs.

#211 6 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

For as often as I hear "Who let the dogs out" while playing the game, I read "GB is trash" just as often while reading your GB posts.

I'm not charging you thousands to hear it tho.

#214 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Don't worry, for every time a GB owner hears who brought the dog Hobbit owners are hearing this damn song. Trust me I'm one of them, lol. All pinball music and sounds are repetitive at some point.
» YouTube video

Missing the point. Wasn't complaining about sounds or music. Complaint is about progression being exactly the same game to game.

#216 6 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

So if they changed it so that a random mode was lit on a shot them you would like the game better?
Just trying to understand. I agree that would be nice but I do not think that it will happen. Also it progresses just like the movie and that is kinda cool.

Definitely would like it better but it would require a complete reimagining and it's not going to happen. So, it is what it is. Past movie-based pins have all been "random" and that's the proven way to go - a player gets a taste of the theme they love, and the fun content isn't locked away - except perhaps some wizard modes or special multiballs. Imagine if in LOTR or Spider-Man you had to go in the order of the movies. Complete movie 1 events in order before going to movie 2. It would ruin those games. Spider-Man is brilliant design in that sense - it boiled down the movies into their cool elements, and a player can enjoy all those elements in the context of a pinball machine - you can fight the 4 villains from all movies in any order at any time - and the story based objectives (white modes) are random, so if a player plays once they might see Bonesaw - the next time they play they might see Save MJ. No one has ever cared that they're not chronological. However, even if you like this concept on GB, it's clearly divisive - not everyone likes it. I guarantee if GB's modes were done like other games - not one person would say "I wish the modes were in the order of the movie!"

#219 6 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

isnt Hobbit linear with doing exact same thing to get to the 3 arkenstones that are linear also? even more linear then GB.How does Hobbit not feel like your repeating the same thing over and over to get to the linear Arkenstone modes but GB does to you?

Because there are 3 Arkenstones. Those are Wizard modes...similar to "We're Ready To Believe You" and such on GB. There are 30-something modes that are NOT in the same order every time you play. All games have certain special modes that must be earned. That's fine.

Quoted from Phbooms:

The modes on GB are coded much better then Hobbit if you stop and think about it.

HAH! You've never played Hobbit, then. GB modes "Shoot the colored shots". Hobbits shots and modes are actually clever and use the shots and toys in ways that are relevant to the mode's story.

Quoted from Phbooms:

The modes on Hobbit are pointless, plus GB at least offers a challenge and much more shots then Hobbit where the ball just bounces around collecting ruins. Hobbit is a no skill game and GB takes actual skills, maybe thats your issue and why your always seeing who brought the dog which takes 5 seconds to complete.

Hah, and there comes the "skill shaming". This is why I'm repetitive - because you GB cultists don't LISTEN. GB is a game where skill is irrelevant because the design is so horrible and cheap. Skill is not the issue with my GB complaints...it's lack of fun due to poor design.

#222 6 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Hobbit is to linear and repetitive.

If you don't like it fine...but don't lie. That's just a flat out lie. There is no game that has more stuff to do...and the game gives you the choice of the task order.

#224 6 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Hobbit is very repetitive and a no skill game, sorry but its the truth. Lots of guys are realizing the weak code by JJP and selling there Hobbits. Sure Hobbit has lots of modes but not a single one is fun. I did enjoy killing Smaug but after awhile killing smaug a few times per game gets old. On the other hand GB is fun. There both linear games and repetitive but GB is more fun.

LOL, please stop lying. There is nothing linear about Hobbit. You don't know what linear means if you think Hobbit is linear.

The reset is just subjective. I think GB is the most un-fun game I've ever played, and every moment of Hobbit is a joy and a thrill.

#226 6 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

so you can dish it out but cant take it...

Whoa, back off the roids, brotendo!!!

Quoted from Phbooms:

so the arkenstone modes arent linear?

Dude, are you new to pinball? Or do you just not listen?

Once again - ALL pinball machines have special modes...mini-wizard modes, that you can only get to by accomplishing certain things first. That is NOT linearity. For example - LOTR - you need to play the 3 Multiballs first before you can play Destroy the Ring...or play all the ring modes before you can play There and Back Again. Having SOME special modes that require goals to reach is NOT linearity. Linearity is when the main game modes force you to play them in order. Hobbit would be linear if the BOOK MODES required you to go in the same exact order every time...or if you had to do Smaug-Beasts-Feast-Map in order...but you don't! You can do any of those things in any order!

Quoted from Phbooms:

Hobbit has a few moments that are great but GB it has more. sorry that you cant except my opinion, its not like you havent pushed your opinion down everybodys throat over and over. now give me another downvote!

You're entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts.

GB modes are linear. Fact.
Hobbit modes are not. Fact.
You like GB. Opinion.
I like Hobbit. Opinion.

#228 6 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

LOL! So you can shit on a game(GB) but somebody cant say anything about a game YOU like (TH)? Your so full of it you actually believe yourself.

Bro, how F'ing THICK are you!?!? I DON'T CARE if you don't like a game! Just don't LIE about it! If you think it's boring, cool. If you think it's linear - you don't understand the concept of linear modes in pinball.

Quoted from Phbooms:

Now wheres that downvote for not bowing down to your opinion?

Once again - YOU'RE ENTITLED TO YOUR OPINION.

Downvote for NOT READING & being obsessed with downvotes. Constantly writing that you care about downvotes is the sure way to get downvotes lol

#230 6 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Jeezuz Rare,
Don't you have something better to do ?

Slow day...

I think the real question is, why are you GB Cultists in the "sucks" thread?

#233 6 years ago
Quoted from hawke:

super confused dude, you owned a GB got a Hobbit and are happy with a Hobbit.

No, I pre-ordered GB, played it a ton on location before it was delivered...and the combination of hating it & playfield issues caused me to cancel before delivery.

Quoted from golfingdad1:

Go outside or something man

You.

I love when people post on a forum to tell people they should be doing something else besides posting on a forum.

#237 6 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Get over this GB hate fest

Look.
At.
Title.
Of.
Thread.

G
T
F
O

#249 6 years ago
Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

In my opinion, GB is awesome and you made a bad decision.

So buying a game I hate would have been a good decision?

Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

Maybe u realize Hobbit isn't that great and are taking it out on us?

LOL...it's like 10 year olds took a psychology course in here. If I realized Hobbit wasn't great, I'd sell it. Why would I "take it out" on anyone? What am I even taking out on you? I'm in the GB sucks thread saying GB sucks...I don't care to take anything out on anyone LOL...

#253 6 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

like always, and this game is killer .

Fun killer.

#258 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

You have crossed over into being a Ghostbusters troll.

For the 10th time. Look at the title of this thread. Who are the trolls, really? C'mon

#260 6 years ago
Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

Well, you refer to people who disagree with you as "GB cultists" who "won't listen".
You're the troll.

Peewee (resized).jpgPeewee (resized).jpg

#267 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Next time I have to play GB and it asks who brought the dog, I'll respond Greg did.

I'll bring my dog to this thread, how about that?

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#269 6 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Greg has a lot of valid criticisms of the game but he's reached the Hilton threshold where even when I agree with him I'm like ugh. Fun thread though.

Oh god oh fuck oh jesus oh lord oh christ - I'm being compared to Hilton!? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Goodbye, cruel world....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 26.50
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 49.95
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-reason-why-i-think-ghostbusters-sucks?tu=rarehero and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.