(Topic ID: 186647)

THE Reason why (I think) Ghostbusters sucks....

By xyntec

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Anyone agrees?”

• Yes 103 votes
    35%
  • No 137 votes
    46%
  • Waiting for a code update 30 votes
    10%
  • No Opinion 26 votes
    9%

(296 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpeg
Peewee (resized).jpg
20170515_152643 (resized).jpg
new_Ghostbusters_LOGO_by_johnnysparks (resized).jpg
20170514_115219 (resized).jpg
20161024_191722 (resized).jpg
20170204_212146 (resized).jpg
boom-2028563_960_720 (resized).png
IMG_3066 (resized).JPG
IMG_3065 (resized).JPG
monkey_poo_for_you_pt6_by_jays_doodles (resized).jpg
IMG_1279 (resized).JPG
IMG_3067 (resized).JPG
IMG_3066 (resized).JPG
IMG_3065 (resized).JPG
IMG_3062 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hawkeyepin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#89 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

For those of us who don't like it, the issue isn't "difficulty", it's a design that is anti-fun and rules that are repetitive. You keep bringing up the billions of points - sure that might be interesting for a tournament player, but most people who approach a story/comedy/mode-based pin like GB aren't looking for points exploits...they're looking for a fun time with those characters and one-liners...due to the cheap design and linear rules, you rarely experience what you want to experience since the characters and audio clips are locked away in the modes no one can reach. I can set up any mode based game to be super difficult, but because most games randomize their modes and have lots of other shots that give satisfying reactions, you can have a different experience every time you play. GB is exactly the same, in the same order every time.
I've had the occasional long billion-point game on GB, but it still wasn't satisfying as I only got through 2 or 3 modes. It always feels more like a survival grind than fun.

Good God. Are u hoping Stern tracks your amount of negative reviews and pays you to stop posting or are you on another company's payroll? It's bordering on hysterics.

#92 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Look at the title of this thread.
Look at other people's comments.
Ask yourself why you're focusing on me?
Don't like it, put me on ignore.

There might be 50 monkeys in a zoo cage. People pay attention to the one in a jumping up and down, screaming and throwing it's own poo.

Did you catch ghostbusters in bed with your wife or something?

#98 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Nah, but I think I'm catching you ------- - ---- on Ghostbusters as we speak...while your wife has a finger up your ---------, your cat licks your ----- while your dog ----- it, and your gramma watches.
Cuz...yeah, cuz that's where this has gone.
Cheers!
Also Ghostbusters sucks, as the subject says. If that bothers you, please go to the "Lets ---- ----- on Ghostbusters" thread.

Dude!!! OMG this is a PG-13 forum! Please edit!!!

#107 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You first. You insinuated that GB banged my wife. Don't be a hypocrite. Don't insult if you can't take it flung back atchya.

I have special privileges though. I can say things to you but not vice versa.

#130 6 years ago

Looks like Rarehero is going to have to sit on the bench for the next few plays due to thread eject.

It's cool not to like a game. When a guy gets to the point of stalking forum topics and actually seems to get mad at folks who don't agree with his rants, something might be a little off?

#135 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Ghostbusters makes pinball less enjoyable.
LOOK AT THE NAME OF THIS THREAD! ...and take note that I didn't start it.
If you don't like the sentiment, GTFO of this thread. I'm not really doing this (much) elsewhere at this point.
If my existence pains you so much - use the f'ing ignore button....and when you do, you'll notice it isn't just me shitting ok this game!

Rarehero called Avatar LE "Fast, fun and addictive (Ironman style)" and he's owned Popeye Saves the Earth so we all should take his opinion seriously.

#143 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Your obsession with Rarehero and redundant posting is ironic.

I can't argue with that. I've hit bottom.

#144 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Look at you Stalker McStalkerson - posting the same "burn" in two threads. Well allow me to retort thru the magic of copy/paste:
Avatar is fast fun and addictive. Tell me why it's not. Main reason I see people not liking Avatar is the theme or the one ramp....and that's fair. Ultimately I sold t because I have similar games I like better. I still think it's an underrated game and fun for what it is.
As for Popeye...you're telling me you wouldn't pick up a nice $1000 Popeye locally just to jam on for a bit? Popeye's my favorite old cartoon character. I got it, shopped it, played it, sold it. It's not a great game but it's not horrible. It has its charm.
Interesting that you picked the two games with an environmental message as a basis to insult me. Hmmmm.....

Oh I think the insults have been traded.

1 week later
#198 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

No you actually left out a lot in attempt to undermine the game again.
Do you really want to go down this path? What does the TNT mech do in ACDC, the buzzing plastic band, heck even the mini playfield? Not much due to very little rules coded for each. There are only so many things a pinball toy / feature can do regardless of the game. I wish the Ecto Goggles could spot real ghosts and grill me a steak but its not going to happen, lol.

He traded out his GB for the lower rated and more expensive Hobbit which has a very pretty playfield. I find it to be too wide open and kind of a snooze fest. Ball times are long like Rbion. All his GB hate may be just a desperate attempt to convince himself he made a good choice. I certainly wouldn't have done it.

#238 6 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

isnt Hobbit linear with doing exact same thing to get to the 3 arkenstones that are linear also? even more linear then GB. How does Hobbit not feel like your repeating the same thing over and over to get to the linear Arkenstone modes but GB does to you? The modes on GB are coded much better then Hobbit if you stop and think about it. The modes on Hobbit are pointless, plus GB at least offers a challenge and much more shots then Hobbit where the ball just bounces around collecting ruins. Hobbit is a no skill game and GB takes actual skills, maybe thats your issue and why your always seeing who brought the dog which takes 5 seconds to complete.

Roflmao!!!!!!!

#239 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Because there are 3 Arkenstones. Those are Wizard modes...similar to "We're Ready To Believe You" and such on GB. There are 30-something modes that are NOT in the same order every time you play. All games have certain special modes that must be earned. That's fine.

HAH! You've never played Hobbit, then. GB modes "Shoot the colored shots". Hobbits shots and modes are actually clever and use the shots and toys in ways that are relevant to the mode's story.

Hah, and there comes the "skill shaming". This is why I'm repetitive - because you GB cultists don't LISTEN. GB is a game where skill is irrelevant because the design is so horrible and cheap. Skill is not the issue with my GB complaints...it's lack of fun due to poor design.

Name calling now? People who like GB (awesome game) and defend against you repeatedly calling it cheap etc are now GB cultists. Good to know.

#240 6 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

so you can dish it out but cant take it...so the arkenstone modes arent linear? to get the ruins isnt repetitive? Hobbit has a few moments that are great but GB it has more. sorry that you cant except my opinion, its not like you havent pushed your opinion down everybodys throat over and over. now give me another downvote!

I'd give this guy a +100 if I could.

#246 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Look.
At.
Title.
Of.
Thread.
G
T
F
O

Hobbit is very snoozy. In my opinion, GB is awesome and you made a bad decision. Had you owned it and made the small adjustments the other owners like myself have done, you might think differently. Maybe that's why we "GB cultists" aren't listening to you. Maybe u realize Hobbit isn't that great and are taking it out on us?
Go ahead and push your instant joy button on Hobbit and relish in your decision. I think it's unlikely you're gonna convince a GB owner their game is garbage or that Hobbit is better.

#259 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

For the 10th time. Look at the title of this thread. Who are the trolls, really? C'mon

Well, you refer to people who disagree with you as "GB cultists" who "won't listen".

You're the troll.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
15,699 (OBO)
14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hawkeyepin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-reason-why-i-think-ghostbusters-sucks?tu=hawkeyepin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.