(Topic ID: 186647)

THE Reason why (I think) Ghostbusters sucks....

By xyntec

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Anyone agrees?”

• Yes 103 votes
    35%
  • No 137 votes
    46%
  • Waiting for a code update 30 votes
    10%
  • No Opinion 26 votes
    9%

(296 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpeg
Peewee (resized).jpg
20170515_152643 (resized).jpg
new_Ghostbusters_LOGO_by_johnnysparks (resized).jpg
20170514_115219 (resized).jpg
20161024_191722 (resized).jpg
20170204_212146 (resized).jpg
boom-2028563_960_720 (resized).png
IMG_3066 (resized).JPG
IMG_3065 (resized).JPG
monkey_poo_for_you_pt6_by_jays_doodles (resized).jpg
IMG_1279 (resized).JPG
IMG_3067 (resized).JPG
IMG_3066 (resized).JPG
IMG_3065 (resized).JPG
IMG_3062 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CaptainNeo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#51 6 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

I was a loyal follower of GB from well before it was announced. It was my dream theme machine. Lol
I ordered the LE as soon as it was announced. I agree the game looks amazing. My playfield, no issues. Colours great, toys well integrated and plentiful. Cabinet and green rails beautiful along with the translite art.
However as many have said about many other games, you don't play the art. After 7 months or so I just have not been able to love the game. Most of the ops comments I agree with. You can have a regular multiball along with WCWS and when MHMB starts it ruins the whole party. Just really poorly done. It was said months ago that the code is finished. I believe this to be true and aside from a few bug fixes Stern will let this one ride on the theme alone without further code development.
I completed all mode ladders as well as WRTBY. It is lackluster still. The modes just go through the same linear action again and the final "wizard mode" is nothing special at all.
The code has ruined this game and even if they do add some things (which they could) it won't change the boring progress of starting one mode at a time and playing mainly those same first few modes again and again and again. Even getting through all those modes, at the end there is no reward for finishing them.
Sold my GBLE for $1000+ less than what I had into it. Could have sold it for more but really felt the next owner is getting ripped off for the money to spend on such a narrow and poorly done code. Stern should be ashamed on this one. i am sure others can still love it but I am one who wanted it so bad and wanted to love it and keep it forever but it just hurt too much to hear "ok who brought the dog" again... bye bye GBLE

Got to WRTBY already? how the fawk are you guys setting up your games? Carrot flippers & center post with side posts all the way down? Or is everyone on pinside Keith Elwin? I think you guys are setting your shit up to easy and that's why you get bored with it. I have yet to see anyone even come close to getting to WRTBY on any GB i've seen around here including mine. Hell, i've owned LOTR since 2007, and only got 85% of the way to valinor once, out of the past 10 years. (that's as close as I ever got). Am I going to pussy out and make it easier so I can reach the end? Fawk no!. That's the journey, that's what keeps you coming back. Waiting and striving to be better, play better, and see what takes for ever to see. If I wanted a game I could blown through on the first or second play, i'd own MB, or SS or something like that.

#60 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Get off your high horse of shame. People pay good money for pinball machines and they should be enjoyable. There's a reason the center post and other mods are making a small fortune for the mod community - it's not because people want the game "easy". It's because the game shipped with massive design flaws and linear code - and people just want their games to be a bit more fun and to see more than "Who Brought the Dog" when they play. You can set up a LOTR super hard, and a player can at least enjoy fresh content each time by starting any ring mode in any order, or any of the 3 Multiballs in any order. Imagine if you had to play Witch King first every time ...or do the multiballs in strict trilogy order...locking out basic content isn't good for pinball design. Sure - save certain things for great players - Destroy the Ring, Elf Gifts, There and Back Again, etc. By being so rigidly structured, GB has locked away most the basic content from 95% of players. People don't want it "easy", but those tweaks are the only possible way people will ever see more than a couple modes due to the cheap drains out of the box and linear modes.

i'm just asking how the hell we have so many Keith Elwins on pinside.

#64 6 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Factory settings but I change free game to extra ball so there is one extra ball. Tournament play is set up with no extra balls so I would have 3 extra balls (two from factory code and 1 extra from scoring). That is my 6 balls against his 3 and yes I am not too bad of a player. Also in 8 months I likely played 1000+ games myself including and hour or two at a time.
Toward the end I also started doing I reset if I didn't get the mode started with the skill shot. Because without a mode the game sucks really really bad.
Now someone might say after playing so much of course I would get bored... not true. I did the same with METLE and the same with STLE and same with LOTR and TSPP yet they remain still after years with different games every time I play. GBLE was just the same game, same options after ghost 20,50, etc and same mode options on each ladder 1 by 1.
For the record I have gotten 1 shot away from Valinor and never finished TSPP. I have completed METLE and have completed 2 sets of STLE inserts only. Games are all set the same - factory with just an extra ball instead of credit.

awesome. That's what I was curious about. Many on here say they do all these things really quickly on games, and i'm curious on how. Like getting to cybertron on TF. I havn't even reached sentinal prime yet and I wonder if I have my games set that hard or what the problem is. Because others that come over for tournaments and leagues don't do it either, yet Pinside seems to be cranking out wizard modes left and right. I have yet to see a wizard mode on any of my newer sterns. All my B/W and DE titles I would see a wizard mode in hours or months from owning it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
10,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Auburn, MA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CaptainNeo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-reason-why-i-think-ghostbusters-sucks?tu=CaptainNeo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.