(Topic ID: 186647)

THE Reason why (I think) Ghostbusters sucks....

By xyntec

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Anyone agrees?”

• Yes 103 votes
    35%
  • No 137 votes
    46%
  • Waiting for a code update 30 votes
    10%
  • No Opinion 26 votes
    9%

(296 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpeg
Peewee (resized).jpg
20170515_152643 (resized).jpg
new_Ghostbusters_LOGO_by_johnnysparks (resized).jpg
20170514_115219 (resized).jpg
20161024_191722 (resized).jpg
20170204_212146 (resized).jpg
boom-2028563_960_720 (resized).png
IMG_3066 (resized).JPG
IMG_3065 (resized).JPG
monkey_poo_for_you_pt6_by_jays_doodles (resized).jpg
IMG_1279 (resized).JPG
IMG_3067 (resized).JPG
IMG_3066 (resized).JPG
IMG_3065 (resized).JPG
IMG_3062 (resized).JPG

There are 274 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.
#251 6 years ago

Skankhunt42 is on a mission... GB must be trolled at all costs.

#252 6 years ago

20170515_152643 (resized).jpg20170515_152643 (resized).jpg

I think Ill just play the hell outta this one .
Made some adjustments, like always, and this game is killer .

#253 6 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

like always, and this game is killer .

Fun killer.

#254 6 years ago

Iron Man is awesome, because the second you think you have it mastered, it will remind you who the real bitch is.

Ghostbusters is fun, but too many times it feels like you're playing the Dream Team one on five.

#255 6 years ago

You have crossed over into being a Ghostbusters troll.

#256 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Exactly why I didn't respond.

#257 6 years ago

"Yes, it's true. This man has no dick."

That's the only quote I keep hearing....

#258 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

For the 10th time. Look at the title of this thread. Who are the trolls, really? C'mon

#259 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

For the 10th time. Look at the title of this thread. Who are the trolls, really? C'mon

Well, you refer to people who disagree with you as "GB cultists" who "won't listen".

You're the troll.

#260 6 years ago
Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

Well, you refer to people who disagree with you as "GB cultists" who "won't listen".
You're the troll.

Peewee (resized).jpgPeewee (resized).jpg

#261 6 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

Just set it up yesterday and loving it! Oh fak, wrong thread.........

Hahaha

#262 6 years ago

Elementary code. And the darn air balls.... and you need plastic protected after sale. How thought out was this? And gee lets not forget bash....bash....bash..... boring for drains!

#263 6 years ago
Quoted from Radrog:

Elementary code.

That's an insult to the coder, who does one hell of a job.

Quoted from Radrog:

And the darn air balls.

Lots of games have air balls. Doesn't make it a bad game.

Quoted from Radrog:

and you need plastic protected after sale.

100% untrue. Sure you can get that stuff for it if it makes you enjoy it more, but it's absolutely not needed.

#264 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

#Truth

#265 6 years ago

Oh yeah and to that video game player-new-to-pinball dude. That is terribly noob to compare pinball 2000 to ecto goggles. The ecto goggles is nothing but a strap on piece of eye candy that adds nothing to the game play. Pinball 2000 was a completely new chassis and a paradigm shift in pinball. The reflection of the image from screen to glass is the only comparison to be made between the two.

#266 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It's nothing to do with the subject matter. You are being a broken record. Any time someone contradicts you, you are jumping back on your well beaten horse. The repetition has now reached the point that it undermines what you are saying. So much so that someone that agrees with you is saying you are a broken record. Next time I have to play GB and it asks who brought the dog, I'll respond Greg did.

#267 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Next time I have to play GB and it asks who brought the dog, I'll respond Greg did.

I'll bring my dog to this thread, how about that?

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#268 6 years ago

Greg has a lot of valid criticisms of the game but he's reached the Hilton threshold where even when I agree with him I'm like ugh. Fun thread though.

#269 6 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Greg has a lot of valid criticisms of the game but he's reached the Hilton threshold where even when I agree with him I'm like ugh. Fun thread though.

Oh god oh fuck oh jesus oh lord oh christ - I'm being compared to Hilton!? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Goodbye, cruel world....

#270 6 years ago

we are all dumber, now... for reading some of these posts!

#271 6 years ago

I logged a bunch more games on an LE today. I had said this game has problems, I still stand by that impression. No game in Stern history needs this much adjustments and tweaks to make it work. With that said I will probably buy it in the future, why? Well if you add the airball protectors and fix the right ramp and orbit etc...it becomes a fun game, with great art, light and sound package.

#272 6 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

I logged a bunch more games on an LE today. I had said this game has problems, I still stand by that impression. No game in Stern history needs this much adjustments and tweaks to make it work. With that said I will probably buy it in the future, why? Well if you add the airball protectors and fix the right ramp and orbit etc...it's becomes a fun game, with great art, light and sound package.

you can also add flipper gap issue, drop targets issue, dimples playfield issue, slimer issue...

some part of the gameplay is meh like video mode and imho skillshot is too much complicated, ball time in bumpers too long and right ramp shot too much tight and tough.

that are some reasons this game is more frustration than fun at the end.

1 week later
#273 6 years ago

Not a fan of GB. It felt like a quarter sucker arcade from the 80s.

#274 6 years ago

The only redundant complaint I agree about in this thread is the dimpling. This is common with all the newer Sterns from the moment they started cutting corners and started using cheap, quick grown, soft wood playfields. Luckily, I didn't see the ghosting issues that others before me were plagued with. I replaced my Slimer just by simply contacting a technician and having the new updated version sent. Now it works perfectly after a five-minute installation. I don't even mind when the ball bounces back after hitting a Scolari brother it takes a little talent to hit them right and it's as if the game is fighting back. I have over-compensated most of the issues just by increasing my skill level. It's a lot easier when you have the game at home and don't have to keep popping dollars into it. I will admit it probably took me 50 games to get to the level where I started to really enjoy it. At first I had a lot of contempt for the game and scores of 20 to 40 million. Now I consider a good game 500 million to a billion. I'm regretting letting go of my pro model later this week but I'm gearing up to buy a premium. I would expect though with all the Fiasco's associated with this game that Stern has learned their lesson and would beta test their games better and start releasing games with completed code. Doubt it will change anything for the future though just wishful thinking.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com
Plastics
15,999 (OBO)
$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 49.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
There are 274 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-reason-why-i-think-ghostbusters-sucks/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.