(Topic ID: 186647)

THE Reason why (I think) Ghostbusters sucks....

By xyntec

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Anyone agrees?”

• Yes 103 votes
    35%
  • No 137 votes
    46%
  • Waiting for a code update 30 votes
    10%
  • No Opinion 26 votes
    9%

(296 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpeg
Peewee (resized).jpg
20170515_152643 (resized).jpg
new_Ghostbusters_LOGO_by_johnnysparks (resized).jpg
20170514_115219 (resized).jpg
20161024_191722 (resized).jpg
20170204_212146 (resized).jpg
boom-2028563_960_720 (resized).png
IMG_3066 (resized).JPG
IMG_3065 (resized).JPG
monkey_poo_for_you_pt6_by_jays_doodles (resized).jpg
IMG_1279 (resized).JPG
IMG_3067 (resized).JPG
IMG_3066 (resized).JPG
IMG_3065 (resized).JPG
IMG_3062 (resized).JPG
There are 274 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.
#201 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Geeze you GB culties take this shit so seriously. "Desperate attempt" lol ....If I really wanted a GB I'd go fucking buy one. Like - is that your angle? They're unavailable or I can't afford it? Okaaaaay lol. It's literally the worst game I've ever played in my life. That is the only reason I don't have it. The only thing I need to do to convince myself Hobbit was the right choice is hitting the start button. It brings me joy, rather than sapping it like the garbage dumpster that unfortunately carries the great moniker of Ghostbusters.

When you insult a game over and over again in a very negative way people are going to become defensive. There's nothing wrong with not liking the game but it's the way you go about it that is, it's rude.

There are games in your collection that I'm not a fan of but I would never called them a "garbage dumpster"...as it's simply not a cool thing to do.

When I said in another thread that I purchased a Ghostbusters premium you went on your dumpster rant yet again. Why attack an owner over their new purchase? Again, not cool.

#202 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

When you insult a game over and over again in a very negative way people are going to become defensive. There's nothing wrong with not liking the game but it's the way you go about it that is, it's rude.
There are games in your collection that I'm not a fan of but I would never called them a "garbage dumpster"...as it's simply not a cool thing to do.
When I said in another thread that I purchased a Ghostbusters premium you went on your dumpster rant yet again. Why attack an owner over their new purchase? Again, not cool.

Context is important. For years you've gone on and on about JJP's code support frequency vs. Stern. You've been posting vigorously (and rightfully so) about Stern's QC issues for about a year now. So - I found it odd that you flipped and knowingly bought a game with code and QC issues, especially when they're right in the middle of "Split Cabinetgate". Making observations and voicing opinions is not an "attack".

#203 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Context is important. For years you've gone on and on about JJP's code support frequency vs. Stern. You've been posting vigorously (and rightfully so) about Stern's QC issues for about a year now. So - I found it odd that you flipped and knowingly bought a game with code and QC issues, especially when they're right in the middle of "Split Cabinetgate". Making observations and voicing opinions is not an "attack".

See, why not try posting more like above instead of non stop attacks and insults? Doing so will generate a discussion instead of pissing people off. Telling people over and over again that their game is a garbage dumpster is not making an observation, lol, that's an attack...

I feel comfortable now buying a GB. I waited a year until after release of the game to buy one meaning that a lot of fixes have been implemented and the code is more developed. I also ordered from a distributor that I know will go to bat for me, CoinTaker, should any issues arise. Also, cabinet issues for newly built Stern games have slowed. I did hold off again on purchasing the game when I first heard about the cabinet issues.

Yes, I went on for years about WOZ code. Code support for WOZ has been incredible but The Hobbit has not received as much code support. The game is not complete and has a lot more potential yet 6 months have now gone by without an official code update. Also, a lot owners had to do several fixes on their game (including myself) so JJP isnt resolved from QC issues either.

Anyway, this is my last reply to you on defending Ghostbusters. It's a great game, is ranked well and is enjoyed by many Can't wait to get mine.

#204 6 years ago

I like Ghostbusters, but I love the theme.

I wouldn't be surprised if we end up seeing a glut of Ghostbusters for sale in the near future. Seems like a lot of non-pinhead people purchased this game...I can't imagine them still wanting to play it after owning it for a year or 2...at some point people will just tap out.

#205 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Telling people over and over again that their game is a garbage dumpster is not making an observation, lol, that's an attack

No, it's my description of the game. Please look up the definition of attack.

#206 6 years ago

I didn't expect to come into this thread again, with 17 new posts since last visit, to see Rarehero shit on Ghostbusters AGAIN......and AGAIN.....and AGAIN

We get it bubs...

#207 6 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

I didn't expect to come into this thread again, with 17 new posts since last visit, to see Rarehero shit on Ghostbusters AGAIN......and AGAIN.....and AGAIN
We get it bubs...

GB Cult making me their Satan AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN.

Please address all of the other people posting similar opinions, bubs.

#208 6 years ago

People tend to take offense in other people's negative opinions on something they own or take pride in.
I believe it's worth striving for to stop caring about what other people think regarding stuff you care about personally.
My guess is Pinside's silent majority already does.

Peace out.

#209 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

There's more to pinball then two orbits and two ramps in traditional locations that return the ball directly to the flippers.
Also, Ghostbusters Premium offers the most "premium" features and extras then any other modern Stern, easily.

I'm still waiting for those color changing inserts. Like the other premiums.

#210 6 years ago

Not making you out to be the Satan of GB, more of the DJ of Broken GB records.

Yes, I own a GB. Yes, I don't think it's perfect. No, I don't think it's as bad as some make it out to be.

To each their own, but reading through a GB related thread, we can see your disdain for GB, and we've all been made well aware of it. You can simply make your expected negative review once per thread and that's all good, instead of hitting the repeat throughout each page of GB threads.

For as often as I hear "Who let the dogs out" while playing the game, I read "GB is trash" just as often while reading your GB posts.

#211 6 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

For as often as I hear "Who let the dogs out" while playing the game, I read "GB is trash" just as often while reading your GB posts.

I'm not charging you thousands to hear it tho.

#212 6 years ago

Maybe a 6-pack of Lagunitas Lucky 13 will do the trick. Drinking a 6er of these, I can find fun in any pinball machine, and maybe you can too, because after all, it is just pinball. Sure beats doing chores and yardwork.

So I guess we can agree to disagree on GB being turrible.

#213 6 years ago

Don't worry, for every time a GB owner hears who brought the dog Hobbit owners are hearing this damn song. Trust me I'm one of them, lol. All pinball music and sounds are repetitive at some point.

#214 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Don't worry, for every time a GB owner hears who brought the dog Hobbit owners are hearing this damn song. Trust me I'm one of them, lol. All pinball music and sounds are repetitive at some point.
» YouTube video

Missing the point. Wasn't complaining about sounds or music. Complaint is about progression being exactly the same game to game.

#215 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Missing the point. Wasn't complaining about sounds or music. Complaint is about progression being exactly the same game to game.

So if they changed it so that a random mode was lit on a shot them you would like the game better?
Just trying to understand. I agree that would be nice but I do not think that it will happen. Also it progresses just like the movie and that is kinda cool.

#216 6 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

So if they changed it so that a random mode was lit on a shot them you would like the game better?
Just trying to understand. I agree that would be nice but I do not think that it will happen. Also it progresses just like the movie and that is kinda cool.

Definitely would like it better but it would require a complete reimagining and it's not going to happen. So, it is what it is. Past movie-based pins have all been "random" and that's the proven way to go - a player gets a taste of the theme they love, and the fun content isn't locked away - except perhaps some wizard modes or special multiballs. Imagine if in LOTR or Spider-Man you had to go in the order of the movies. Complete movie 1 events in order before going to movie 2. It would ruin those games. Spider-Man is brilliant design in that sense - it boiled down the movies into their cool elements, and a player can enjoy all those elements in the context of a pinball machine - you can fight the 4 villains from all movies in any order at any time - and the story based objectives (white modes) are random, so if a player plays once they might see Bonesaw - the next time they play they might see Save MJ. No one has ever cared that they're not chronological. However, even if you like this concept on GB, it's clearly divisive - not everyone likes it. I guarantee if GB's modes were done like other games - not one person would say "I wish the modes were in the order of the movie!"

#217 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I guarantee if GB's modes were done like other games - not one person would say "I wish the modes were in the order of the movie!"

I agree. Still gives it a nice build. Not sure if it would be redundant or not though. I put probably 30 games on the premium over the weekend and I was not tired of "always getting who got the dog" or "we got one". Maybe at home I will tire of it. Not sure and will not be getting one till next spring provided they are still being made.

#218 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

isnt Hobbit linear with doing exact same thing to get to the 3 arkenstones that are linear also? even more linear then GB. How does Hobbit not feel like your repeating the same thing over and over to get to the linear Arkenstone modes but GB does to you? The modes on GB are coded much better then Hobbit if you stop and think about it. The modes on Hobbit are pointless, plus GB at least offers a challenge and much more shots then Hobbit where the ball just bounces around collecting ruins. Hobbit is a no skill game and GB takes actual skills, maybe thats your issue and why your always seeing who brought the dog which takes 5 seconds to complete.

#219 6 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

isnt Hobbit linear with doing exact same thing to get to the 3 arkenstones that are linear also? even more linear then GB.How does Hobbit not feel like your repeating the same thing over and over to get to the linear Arkenstone modes but GB does to you?

Because there are 3 Arkenstones. Those are Wizard modes...similar to "We're Ready To Believe You" and such on GB. There are 30-something modes that are NOT in the same order every time you play. All games have certain special modes that must be earned. That's fine.

Quoted from Phbooms:

The modes on GB are coded much better then Hobbit if you stop and think about it.

HAH! You've never played Hobbit, then. GB modes "Shoot the colored shots". Hobbits shots and modes are actually clever and use the shots and toys in ways that are relevant to the mode's story.

Quoted from Phbooms:

The modes on Hobbit are pointless, plus GB at least offers a challenge and much more shots then Hobbit where the ball just bounces around collecting ruins. Hobbit is a no skill game and GB takes actual skills, maybe thats your issue and why your always seeing who brought the dog which takes 5 seconds to complete.

Hah, and there comes the "skill shaming". This is why I'm repetitive - because you GB cultists don't LISTEN. GB is a game where skill is irrelevant because the design is so horrible and cheap. Skill is not the issue with my GB complaints...it's lack of fun due to poor design.

#220 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Because there are 3 Arkenstones. Those are Wizard modes...similar to "We're Ready To Believe You" and such on GB. There are 30-something modes that are NOT in the same order every time you play. All games have certain special modes that must be earned. That's fine.

HAH! You've never played Hobbit, then. GB modes "Shoot the colored shots". Hobbits shots and modes are actually clever and use the shots and toys in ways that are relevant to the mode's story.

Hah, and there comes the "skill shaming". This is why I'm repetitive - because you GB cultists don't LISTEN. GB is a game where skill is irrelevant because the design is so horrible and cheap. Skill is not the issue with my GB complaints...it's lack of fun due to poor design.

sorry but i had a Hobbit and seen the entire game in 2 days, i did like it for awhile. i also beat were ready to belive you on GB. if i had to buy a GB or Hobbit easily would buy a GB again. Hobbit is to linear and repetitive. Had way more fun on GB, Hobbits not even close in the fun department. Sold GB due to Stern shafting me on replacement playfield ghosting but sold Hobbit because of it being boring with no challenging shots or satisfying shots.

#221 6 years ago

GB was much more fun then Hobbit to complete the modes!

20170204_212146 (resized).jpg20170204_212146 (resized).jpg
20161024_191722 (resized).jpg20161024_191722 (resized).jpg

#222 6 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Hobbit is to linear and repetitive.

If you don't like it fine...but don't lie. That's just a flat out lie. There is no game that has more stuff to do...and the game gives you the choice of the task order.

#223 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

If you don't like it fine...but don't lie. That's just a flat out lie. There is no game that has more stuff to do...and the game gives you the choice of the task order.

Hobbit is very repetitive and a no skill game, sorry but its the truth. Lots of guys are realizing the weak code by JJP and selling there Hobbits. Sure Hobbit has lots of modes but not a single one is fun. I did enjoy killing Smaug but after awhile killing smaug a few times per game gets old. On the other hand GB is fun. There both linear games and repetitive but GB is more fun.

#224 6 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Hobbit is very repetitive and a no skill game, sorry but its the truth. Lots of guys are realizing the weak code by JJP and selling there Hobbits. Sure Hobbit has lots of modes but not a single one is fun. I did enjoy killing Smaug but after awhile killing smaug a few times per game gets old. On the other hand GB is fun. There both linear games and repetitive but GB is more fun.

LOL, please stop lying. There is nothing linear about Hobbit. You don't know what linear means if you think Hobbit is linear.

The reset is just subjective. I think GB is the most un-fun game I've ever played, and every moment of Hobbit is a joy and a thrill.

#225 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

LOL, please stop lying. There is nothing linear about Hobbit. You don't know what linear means if you think Hobbit is linear.
The reset is just subjective. I think GB is the most un-fun game I've ever played, and every moment of Hobbit is a joy and a thrill.

so you can dish it out but cant take it...so the arkenstone modes arent linear? to get the ruins isnt repetitive? Hobbit has a few moments that are great but GB it has more. sorry that you cant except my opinion, its not like you havent pushed your opinion down everybodys throat over and over. now give me another downvote!

#226 6 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

so you can dish it out but cant take it...

Whoa, back off the roids, brotendo!!!

Quoted from Phbooms:

so the arkenstone modes arent linear?

Dude, are you new to pinball? Or do you just not listen?

Once again - ALL pinball machines have special modes...mini-wizard modes, that you can only get to by accomplishing certain things first. That is NOT linearity. For example - LOTR - you need to play the 3 Multiballs first before you can play Destroy the Ring...or play all the ring modes before you can play There and Back Again. Having SOME special modes that require goals to reach is NOT linearity. Linearity is when the main game modes force you to play them in order. Hobbit would be linear if the BOOK MODES required you to go in the same exact order every time...or if you had to do Smaug-Beasts-Feast-Map in order...but you don't! You can do any of those things in any order!

Quoted from Phbooms:

Hobbit has a few moments that are great but GB it has more. sorry that you cant except my opinion, its not like you havent pushed your opinion down everybodys throat over and over. now give me another downvote!

You're entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts.

GB modes are linear. Fact.
Hobbit modes are not. Fact.
You like GB. Opinion.
I like Hobbit. Opinion.

#227 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Whoa, back off the roids, brotendo!!!

Dude, are you new to pinball? Or do you just not listen?
Once again - ALL pinball machines have special modes...mini-wizard modes, that you can only get to by accomplishing certain things first. That is NOT linearity. For example - LOTR - you need to play the 3 Multiballs first before you can play Destroy the Ring...or play all the ring modes before you can play There and Back Again. Having SOME special modes that require goals to reach is NOT linearity. Linearity is when the main game modes force you to play them in order. Hobbit would be linear if the BOOK MODES required you to go in the same exact order every time...or if you had to do Smaug-Beasts-Feast-Map in order...but you don't! You can do any of those things in any order!

You're entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts.
GB modes are linear. Fact.
Hobbit modes are not. Fact.
You like GB. Opinion.
I like Hobbit. Opinion.

LOL! So you can shit on a game(GB) but somebody cant say anything about a game YOU like (TH)? Your so full of it you actually believe yourself. As i said Hobbit is repetitive to the point of boredom, like talking to you actually. the Arkentone modes are linear(not like LOTR)say what you want cause we all know you will but they are. You only see things your way and dont except anything else which is fine. Hobbit modes are selectable but they are pointless to the actual game basicly and just feel like filler and are not fun in any way. oh wait i wouldnt know anything cause i didnt own a hobbit or im new to pinball, shit your wrong again. Now wheres that downvote for not bowing down to your opinion?

#228 6 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

LOL! So you can shit on a game(GB) but somebody cant say anything about a game YOU like (TH)? Your so full of it you actually believe yourself.

Bro, how F'ing THICK are you!?!? I DON'T CARE if you don't like a game! Just don't LIE about it! If you think it's boring, cool. If you think it's linear - you don't understand the concept of linear modes in pinball.

Quoted from Phbooms:

Now wheres that downvote for not bowing down to your opinion?

Once again - YOU'RE ENTITLED TO YOUR OPINION.

Downvote for NOT READING & being obsessed with downvotes. Constantly writing that you care about downvotes is the sure way to get downvotes lol

#229 6 years ago

Jeezuz Rare,
Don't you have something better to do ?

#230 6 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Jeezuz Rare,
Don't you have something better to do ?

Slow day...

I think the real question is, why are you GB Cultists in the "sucks" thread?

#231 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Bro, how F'ing THICK are you!?!? I DON'T CARE if you don't like a game! Just don't LIE about it! If you think it's boring, cool. If you think it's linear - you don't understand the concept of linear modes in pinball.

Downvote for NOT READING & being obsessed with downvotes. Constantly writing that you care about downvotes is the sure way to get downvotes lol

super confused dude, you owned a GB got a Hobbit and are happy with a Hobbit.

- We know the bad and good for GB
- We like it anyway
- your job is done, thank you for your passion, assistance and time. Your tour of Duty is over. *pinball salute*

#232 6 years ago

Go outside or something man

#233 6 years ago
Quoted from hawke:

super confused dude, you owned a GB got a Hobbit and are happy with a Hobbit.

No, I pre-ordered GB, played it a ton on location before it was delivered...and the combination of hating it & playfield issues caused me to cancel before delivery.

Quoted from golfingdad1:

Go outside or something man

You.

I love when people post on a forum to tell people they should be doing something else besides posting on a forum.

#234 6 years ago

Already played 18

#235 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

No, I pre-ordered GB, played it a ton on location before it was delivered...and the combination of hating it & playfield issues caused me to cancel before delivery.

You.
I love when people post on a forum to tell people they should be doing something else besides posting on a forum.

Apologies, you had it on pre-order... Aside from that detail my statement still stands (probably for everyone too)

#236 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I think your the one thats thick headed with out question. Get over this GB hate fest you got your brain looping on over and over everyday, doesnt it get old? I could care less about downvotes, your the one always giving them out when someone doesnt agree with you so quickly, its comical at this point.

Hobbit is way more repetive then GB, GB is more linear but Hobbit is linear too with its Arkenstones having to be played in order. Thats the facts argue them all you want im done.

#237 6 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Get over this GB hate fest

Look.
At.
Title.
Of.
Thread.

G
T
F
O

#238 6 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

isnt Hobbit linear with doing exact same thing to get to the 3 arkenstones that are linear also? even more linear then GB. How does Hobbit not feel like your repeating the same thing over and over to get to the linear Arkenstone modes but GB does to you? The modes on GB are coded much better then Hobbit if you stop and think about it. The modes on Hobbit are pointless, plus GB at least offers a challenge and much more shots then Hobbit where the ball just bounces around collecting ruins. Hobbit is a no skill game and GB takes actual skills, maybe thats your issue and why your always seeing who brought the dog which takes 5 seconds to complete.

Roflmao!!!!!!!

#239 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Name calling now? People who like GB (awesome game) and defend against you repeatedly calling it cheap etc are now GB cultists. Good to know.

#240 6 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

so you can dish it out but cant take it...so the arkenstone modes arent linear? to get the ruins isnt repetitive? Hobbit has a few moments that are great but GB it has more. sorry that you cant except my opinion, its not like you havent pushed your opinion down everybodys throat over and over. now give me another downvote!

I'd give this guy a +100 if I could.

#241 6 years ago
Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

Name calling now? People who like GB (awesome game) and defend against you repeatedly calling it cheap etc are now GB cultists. Good to know.

Yes Brother Hawkeye, we must retreat to the basement to play our daily offering to the lord GB. If not god Gozer will be upset with us.

*hold's hawkeye's hand and retreats downstairs holding candles*

#242 6 years ago

Threads devoted to discussing why a game sucks should be locked on Pinside. These types of threads create the type of negativity and arguing that I thought Pinside is trying to decrease.

#243 6 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Hobbit is way more repetive then GB, GB is more linear but Hobbit is linear too with its Arkenstones having to be played in order. Thats the facts argue them all you want im done.

Whaaat? Hobbit is MORE repetitive than GB??? Those are facts? Bwaaaaahahahahaaa! TH has its issues with its current code revision no doubt, but linearity and repetitiveness aren't issues. You can pick any one of THIRTY (30!) unique modes to play and they are all pretty different (including the fantastic music). Some are very easy to complete, some are VERY difficult. I highly doubt you've beat all the modes. You've played them all in a single game, and that's impressive. You must really be a stellar player as that's no easy task. Sounds like you should have opened up the outlanes, removed the center post, and tweaked difficult settings? A game can always be made harder to suit the owner. GB forces you into one of a couple modes and you always start at the bottom of the mode ladders and go up them in order. That's way more repetitive. That's a fact. There is simply no denying that. I'm not sure why you are trying to refute that. GB can be more fun to you, that's an opinion and that's cool. In MY opinion, TH is leagues more fun than GB at this point even though the game does has a few code issues at the moment.

Quoted from Phbooms:

Hobbit is very repetitive and a no skill game, sorry but its the truth. Lots of guys are realizing the weak code by JJP and selling there Hobbits.

*their Hobbits.

Your version of truth is a lie. That's a fact. TH is a no skill game? I find the opposite. TH is a shooters game that takes a ton of skill. No denying that it has long ball times, but that doesn't mean it is a no skill game. Is LOTR or SM a no skill game?? Of course they aren't and neither is TH! If you find a game easy, make it harder!!!! Put lightning flippers on it if you're that good after adjusting all the other stuff I mentioned!!

#244 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Threads devoted to discussing why a game sucks should be locked on Pinside. These types of threads create the type of negativity and arguing that I thought Pinside is trying to decrease.

There are like 4 or 5 of you could have just stopped typing instead of having to get the last word in.
The problem isn't Pinside, all the "negativity" is just a few people (IF you even call it negativity, just seems like talking to me).
Instead of Pinside policing & locking threads (which pisses people off even more), try policing yourself.
Or price police instead...I love it personally

#245 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Whaaat? Hobbit is MORE repetitive than GB??? Those are facts? Bwaaaaahahahahaaa! TH has its issues with its current code revision no doubt, but linearity and repetitiveness aren't issues. You can pick any one of THIRTY (30!) unique modes to play and they are all pretty different (including the fantastic music). Some are very easy to complete, some are VERY difficult. I highly doubt you've beat all the modes. You've played them all in a single game, and that's impressive. You must really be a stellar player as that's no easy task. Sounds like you should have opened up the outlanes, removed the center post, and tweaked difficult settings? A game can always be made harder to suit the owner. GB forces you into one of a couple modes and you always start at the bottom of the mode ladders and go up them in order. That's way more repetitive. That's a fact. There is simply no denying that. I'm not sure why you are trying to refute that. GB can be more fun to you, that's an opinion and that's cool. In MY opinion, TH is leagues more fun than GB at this point even though the game does has a few code issues at the moment.

*their Hobbits.
Your version of truth is a lie. That's a fact. TH is a no skill game? I find the opposite. TH is a shooters game that takes a ton of skill. No denying that it has long ball times, but that doesn't mean it is a no skill game. Is LOTR or SM a no skill game?? Of course they aren't and neither is TH! If you find a game easy, make it harder!!!! Put lightning flippers on it if you're that good after adjusting all the other stuff I mentioned!!

Yes Hobbit is no skill compared to LOTR and SM, Hobbit is full of gimmies to get the ruins.How many times have you gotten Feast, Beast, or Erebor ruin by doing nothing just the ball bouncing around? I seen players get to ITF without ever playing game before or knowing the games rules. Its way to easy to get the ruins. So after you beat ITF what is different to get all 5 ruins to get to Barrel Escape? Thats when the game gets boring and repetitive. It just felt like to me the Arkenstone modes were the real modes and the rest was just blah.

GB on the other hand has hard to make shots that requires skill to hit them all. The code is well done and goes great with the layout. Overall the fun level on GB is over the top when you get the game going. Only thing that feels repetitive on GB is the first few modes but never feels boring.

#246 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Look.
At.
Title.
Of.
Thread.
G
T
F
O

Hobbit is very snoozy. In my opinion, GB is awesome and you made a bad decision. Had you owned it and made the small adjustments the other owners like myself have done, you might think differently. Maybe that's why we "GB cultists" aren't listening to you. Maybe u realize Hobbit isn't that great and are taking it out on us?
Go ahead and push your instant joy button on Hobbit and relish in your decision. I think it's unlikely you're gonna convince a GB owner their game is garbage or that Hobbit is better.

#247 6 years ago

Just set it up yesterday and loving it! Oh fak, wrong thread.........

20170514_115219 (resized).jpg20170514_115219 (resized).jpg

#248 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

There are like 4 or 5 of you could have just stopped typing instead of having to get the last word in.
The problem isn't Pinside, all the "negativity" is just a few people (IF you even call it negativity, just seems like talking to me).
Instead of Pinside policing & locking threads (which pisses people off even more), try policing yourself.
Or price police instead...I love it personally

new_Ghostbusters_LOGO_by_johnnysparks (resized).jpgnew_Ghostbusters_LOGO_by_johnnysparks (resized).jpg

#249 6 years ago
Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

In my opinion, GB is awesome and you made a bad decision.

So buying a game I hate would have been a good decision?

Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

Maybe u realize Hobbit isn't that great and are taking it out on us?

LOL...it's like 10 year olds took a psychology course in here. If I realized Hobbit wasn't great, I'd sell it. Why would I "take it out" on anyone? What am I even taking out on you? I'm in the GB sucks thread saying GB sucks...I don't care to take anything out on anyone LOL...

#250 6 years ago

I don't know what all the complaining is about. GB Prem is fantastic.
Yes - things can always be done to refine a game, but right out of the box it is a blast and stays challenging.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 26.50
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 49.95
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 274 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-reason-why-i-think-ghostbusters-sucks/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.