(Topic ID: 186647)

THE Reason why (I think) Ghostbusters sucks....

By xyntec

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 274 posts
  • 93 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by tk-the-jammer
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Anyone agrees?”

• Yes 102 votes
    35%
  • No 137 votes
    47%
  • Waiting for a code update 30 votes
    10%
  • No Opinion 25 votes
    9%

(294 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 16 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image (resized).jpeg
Peewee (resized).jpg
20170515_152643 (resized).jpg
new_Ghostbusters_LOGO_by_johnnysparks (resized).jpg
20170514_115219 (resized).jpg
20161024_191722 (resized).jpg
20170204_212146 (resized).jpg
boom-2028563_960_720 (resized).png
IMG_3066 (resized).JPG
IMG_3065 (resized).JPG
monkey_poo_for_you_pt6_by_jays_doodles (resized).jpg
IMG_1279 (resized).JPG
IMG_3067 (resized).JPG
IMG_3066 (resized).JPG
IMG_3065 (resized).JPG
IMG_3062 (resized).JPG

There are 274 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.
#151 2 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

I'll be up in that area soon to drop off a game. Probably a weekday evening in the next couple of weeks. If he wants my help I'll be glad to swing by to fix it for you guys.
(Thanks for finally mentioning which GB needs fixing btw... )

Oh they all need fixing

#152 2 years ago

All of AYCE's games?
Or just the GB's in the LA area...
(You might want to be more specific. )

From the map:
82 has a pro.
Pinz has a pro.
Family Amusement...ehhh, pass.
AYCE has an LE
Button Mash has what, a premium?

#153 2 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Button Mash has what, a premium?

Pro...unless they swapped it out recently.

#154 2 years ago

Sometimes I think the balance between a game 'sucking' or not can be as simple as a few tweaks here and there. Some to scoring and others to rules. I think GB falls into the category where I think a few tweaks will go a long way to making the game better. And if some of those tweaks involve adding more difficulty settings to the menus, I think that would be excellent! I don't think GB sucks and I really don't think it needs more content than what it has, but it still could use a few tweaks and bug fixes.

Rob

#155 2 years ago

Played several games of GB Premium at a friend's house this weekend. Without exception, every time someone got SFMB, they also started loopin' supers, which was completely ruined by the drop targets. I can't think of a more frustrating, pointless playfield feature. Which is why they're disabled on my GB Pro.

#156 2 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Played several games of GB Premium at a friend's house this weekend. Without exception, every time someone got SFMB, they also started loopin' supers, which was completely ruined by the drop targets. I can't think of a more frustrating, pointless playfield feature. Which is why they're disabled on my GB Pro.

Can't argue that at all. Other than the Scolari brothers though GB is bad azz!

#157 2 years ago

Played it a few times in Allentown, thought it was a load of fun, but of course I had no idea what the rules where. I was just flipping it.

#158 2 years ago

Solid game. A lot of fun. Definitely can use some improvements, particularly in score balance, but lots to do and keep people interested. Great art, theme, music, and overall generates a lot of excitement for people.

In fact, one of the only pinball games teenagers that visit my house are willing to play (they generally find pinball quite boring).

Everyone's got an opinion though. I find the "ghostbusters sucks" phrasing a bit hyperbolic. Not perfect, maybe not to the taste of some, but still an impressive machine by most metrics. It takes quite an ego to claim it sucks flat out.

#159 2 years ago

My Wife played it at NYNY with the center post and a lot of tweaks. But still a lot of cheap drains so she wasnt impressed at all and said there was something wrong with it. I however played the crap out of it and thought it was a lot of fun. Still I would never buy it for my collection, just not my kind of game.

We played it at beach hut deli without a center post, she played 2 games and all the balls drained before any one of them could be flipped.
She walked away from it and said it was broken.

#160 2 years ago
Quoted from ThiagoValdez:

Everyone's got an opinion though. I find the "ghostbusters sucks" phrasing a bit hyperbolic. Not perfect, maybe not to the taste of some, but still an impressive machine by most metrics. It takes quite an ego to claim it sucks flat out.

Nah, it just takes experience with other pinball machines as a point of comparison. Nothing to do with ego or hyperbole...just experience. I've been playing pinball heavily for 10 years...and probably played every "modern" (DMD+ era) pinball machine. I understand the rules of a good percentage of them thoroughly. So - compared to all the games I've played, I can confidently say that it is my opinion that Ghostbusters is one of the worst games I have ever played. Period. It's certainly the biggest disappointment I've seen come out of Stern. It has an unholy combination of terrible design, repetitive modes, cheapness and anti-fun that I just have not experienced in any other game. I can usually find something positive to say about games I dislike...the only thing I like about GB is the art, but that's ceases to be relevant once I hit "Start". I'd rather play Avengers, Austin Powers, 24, NBA, or any number of Stern games that are considered "duds". They all have issues, but I can find fun in them.

#161 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Nah, it just takes experience with other pinball machines as a point of comparison. Nothing to do with ego or hyperbole...just experience. I've been playing pinball heavily for 10 years...and probably played every "modern" (DMD+ era) pinball machine. I understand the rules of a good percentage of them thoroughly. So - compared to all the games I've played, I can confidently say that it is my opinion that Ghostbusters is one of the worst games I have ever played. Period. It's certainly the biggest disappointment I've seen come out of Stern. It has an unholy combination of terrible design, repetitive modes, cheapness and anti-fun that I just have not experienced in any other game. I can usually find something positive to say about games I dislike...the only thing I like about GB is the art, but that's ceases to be relevant once I hit "Start". I'd rather play Avengers, Austin Powers, 24, NBA, or any number of Stern games that are considered "duds". They all have issues, but I can find fun in them.

I had no idea we had such a pinball expert in our midst! You've been playing pinball for 10 years!?

I thought I really enjoyed my Pro, but now I realize I don't have the proper credentials or history to hate it. I could never see the "anti-fun" before. Time to trade it for an Austin Powers, I guess.

#162 2 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

I had no idea we had such a pinball expert in our midst! You've been playing pinball for 10 years!?

Is that not enough time to have played every modern game thoroughly?

Quoted from Allibaster:

I thought I really enjoyed my Pro, but now I realize I don't have the proper credentials or history to hate it. I could never see the "anti-fun" before.

You never had airballs of doom? Never had outlane hops of death? Never had constant STDM from the left pops exit? Never played Who Brought the Dog so many times you wanna bash your own skull in?

Quoted from Allibaster:

Time to trade it for an Austin Powers, I guess.

Cool, it's a better game!

My point was - GB fans act as though GB non-fans are somehow lacking a good reason for not enjoying it...but when you compare it to 100's of other games, it does so much wrong that all those other games do right.

#163 2 years ago
Quoted from ThiagoValdez:

In fact, one of the only pinball games teenagers that visit my house are willing to play (they generally find pinball quite boring).

Teenagers turning up their noses at something fantastic like pinball? Oh the horror! Such angst within the teenage community.

#164 2 years ago

Rules are kinda a mess. Was watching jack on Dead Flip and it seems like the only way to play for big points is right orbit ladder modes for Stay Puff. Is anything else even worth shooting?

#165 2 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Teenagers turning up their noses at something fantastic like pinball? Oh the horror! Such angst within the teenage community.

I'm very family oriented. I like this sort of thing to be more inclusive than exclusive. It's a big win for me if I can find a game that a kid and/or their friends will go back to and maybe even get competitive over.

#166 2 years ago

Premium owner very happy however code needs another update before final especially ecto goggles

#167 2 years ago

How is GOT so good with scoring strategies, and Ghostbusters left out sucking eggs when its both Dwight games?

#168 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Premium owner very happy however code needs another update before final especially ecto goggles

Absolutely. I did ask Stern on Facebook if more code updates for Ghostbusters would be coming and they simply said "Yes!".

#169 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Absolutely. I did ask Stern on Facebook if more code updates for Ghostbusters would be coming and they simply said "Yes!".

I hope this is the case. I like it none the less though.

#170 2 years ago

Stern should send out every Ghostbusters owner a new playfield with the correct flipper gap.

When the game is fighting you, you simply don't have a chance.

#171 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Stern should send out every Ghostbusters owner a new playfield with the correct flipper gap.
When the game is fighting you, you simply don't have a chance.

#173 2 years ago

Hey Everyone,

I'm a brand new pinball player. I started playing pinball when Ghostbusters (pro) hit my local scene (yes that new). Pinball completely skipped my generation as I was a video game / pc / basement kid (and always will be). Pinball provided this incredible difficulty that video games weren't able to provide (I can murder any machine on Pinball arcade.. billions easy, it's the same physics) but the physical nature, real world / rule set of an actual machine? Nothing beats it. This is where Ghostbusters comes in. (I bought a premium... There was just something about it that no other pinball machines had, it almost called to me - TZ did the same thing...)

As a "gamer" Ghostbusters - Premium is the hardest challenge I have ever experienced trying to get to the next level. Yes, I understand I'm still only about a year in and my skills aren't perfect but honestly, Ghostbusters makes me a better player. I'll put in 5-10 games of Ghostbusters in (while wanting to set it on fire by the way) then go out to my local pubs, arcades etc and play the "other" machines. What I started to realize is I could hit shots so much better and get higher scores incrementally, more an more I played. It was almost as if this machine was literally training me in the hardest way possible.

I may be too new school to say this but this is the only pinball machine that fights you back. Just like a video game would. When you bring that kind of "hard" into the physical world it's a brand new high I have yet to come across yet. I feel as though Ghostbusters is the next level in pinball, not so much a discussion, as it is an "evolve or perish."

I've also never seen a pinball machine yet that goes from Pro to Premium that are completely different games. I have done nothing to mine (factory settings all the way) and those mag slings are pure punishment. Maybe I'm a masochist? I don't know but I also don't understand a lot of people complaints about it. I think there has been a lot of posts that touched on these points that can be summed up as such:

- If you don't like it don't play it.
- Don't disregard a machine in the "ether" of pinball just because you aren't good at it. (In the gaming world you're a what we call a "N00b")
- Ghostbusters is still doing code updates don't forget (and in my opinion have gotten better each update - PLEASE DWIGHT... It's not done yet)
- All that talk of "Ghostbusters will drop out of the top 50 in the next 6 months" sounds elitist as hell.

----------------------------------------------

At the end of the day this game really symbolizes the next step in doing what Pinball 2000 couldn't do. It's the perfect time for pinball's evolution and I feel as though this machine (with a few more code updates) will fly that flag high.

"Adapt or Die"

hawke

--------- funny, true quote below -------------

https://www.facebook.com/sternpinball/videos/10154237649154244/

"Everything about this game has the potential to be the best game ever and right now I'm extremely nervous because only the software can fuck it up." - Dwight Sullivan

#174 2 years ago
Quoted from hawke:

- Don't disregard a machine in the "ether" of pinball just because you aren't good at it. (In the gaming world you're a what we call a "N00b")

Quoted from hawke:

I'm a brand new pinball player.

N00b.

Quoted from hawke:

At the end of the day this game really symbolizes the next step in doing what Pinball 2000 couldn't do.

18 years ago Revenge From Mars did PERFECTLY what GB failed to do with the Ecto Goggles: Animated "holograms" that meaninfully interact with the ball.

Quoted from hawke:

It's the perfect time for pinball's evolution and I feel as though this machine (with a few more code updates) will fly that flag high.

You're new to pinball, and you're calling GB an evolution!?! You need to play more games. Not saying that as an insult...but seriously, you need to play more games. There's zero in GB that's "evolutionary"....and it barely does well what 100's of games have done better.

Quoted from hawke:

I've also never seen a pinball machine yet that goes from Pro to Premium that are completely different games.

AC/DC, Transformers, GOT, etc...plenty of games that are quite different from Pro to Prem/LE.

Quoted from hawke:

- Ghostbusters is still doing code updates don't forget (and in my opinion have gotten better each update - PLEASE DWIGHT... It's not done yet)

Welcome to pinball. Hoping for code updates doesn't mean they'll happen. Plenty of Stern games are still waiting for updates...the only ones that always make the cut are Lyman games...unfortunately he's stuck on B66 for who knows how long.

Quoted from hawke:

those mag slings are pure punishment.

Yes, that's called POOR DESIGN lol

Quoted from hawke:I may be too new school to say this but this is the only pinball machine that fights you back.

Play Iron Man. That fights you back legitimately through fun design. GB isn't fighting back, it's just being an a-hole.

#175 2 years ago

I think your assessment of GB stinks. But your persistent ... I'll give ya that

#176 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

N00b.

18 years ago Revenge From Mars did PERFECTLY what GB failed to do with the Ecto Goggles: Animated "holograms" that meaninfully interact with the ball.

You're new to pinball, and you're calling GB an evolution!?! You need to play more games. Not saying that as an insult...but seriously, you need to play more games. There's zero in GB that's "evolutionary"....and it barely does well what 100's of games have done better.

AC/DC, Transformers, GOT, etc...plenty of games that are quite different from Pro to Prem/LE.

Welcome to pinball. Hoping for code updates doesn't mean they'll happen. Plenty of Stern games are still waiting for updates...the only ones that always make the cut are Lyman games...unfortunately he's stuck on B66 for who knows how long.

Play Iron Man. That fights you back legitimately through fun design. GB isn't fighting back, it's just being an a-hole.

I live in Toronto. Probably the greatest pinball scene in Canada (Thanks to the hard work of City Pinball). The games get switched out regularly. All of the games you mentioned I have played at length, currently my home barcade has this lineup side by side. Quite a good stroll through pinball's evolution. I'm very lucky to have access to machines like this all year long.

Twilight Zone
Attack from Mars
White Water
Metallica
Batman 66
Bram Stoker's Dracula
AC / DC Pro
Stern's Meteor.

In the past year I've been studying and playing almost every day so I feel as though I'm caught up (I also own a Shadow... Not many people have finished final battle on that either...) I understand your comments (and humor actually) but I really feel as though Ghostbusters is the next step, or in time a really good study on pinball design (good or bad). At the moment I feel as though it'll be a fan favorite for years to come.

#177 2 years ago

I'd be lying if I said I didn't have days where I want to just sell my Ghostbusters LE or just throw it out the window.

#178 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I'd be lying if I said I didn't have days where I want to just sell my Ghostbusters LE or just throw it out the window.

Often when I get to that, I have this strange saying that pops into my head.

"I want to drag it outside and set it on fire, just to prove a point."

#179 2 years ago

So wife and I finally got to play an LE on Saturday. I was unimpressed with the pro. We will be buying a premium once funds are available. Yes it can be clunky with shots, but so can Shadow. Brick a shot there and it is SDTM in an instant. Yet when you get a hold on Shadow it plays super smooth like butter. GB was much the same for me.

#180 2 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

So wife and I finally got to play an LE on Saturday. I was unimpressed with the pro. We will be buying a premium once funds are available. Yes it can be clunky with shots, but so can Shadow. Brick a shot there and it is SDTM in an instant. Yet when you get a hold on Shadow it plays super smooth like butter. GB was much the same for me.

...but imagine if Shadow made you play the "Farley" mode first every single time before you could play other modes....or if you had to do a ton of shit in order before you could ever see the Battlefield (basically ensuring you'll never see it). That's the dif.

#181 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

...but imagine if Shadow made you play the "Farley" mode first every single time before you could play other modes....or if you had to do a ton of shit in order before you could ever see the Battlefield (basically ensuring you'll never see it). That's the dif.

For shadow that would be frustrating and you do have a point BUT the shadow also has a game defining flaw. You literally don't need to do anything in the game except shoot loops for combos... All other modes literally get in your way from a high score (minus stacking multiballs if you wanted to). What would you say to something like that compared to ghostbusters? At least it's spread out.

#182 2 years ago
Quoted from hawke:

I understand your comments (and humor actually) but I really feel as though Ghostbusters is the next step, or in time a really good study on pinball design (good or bad).

What is that step though? I mean that's cool that you dig it and all - but I'm not seeing anything on GB that's evolutionary. It's got magnets. Tons of games have magnets (used to better effect IMO). It's got a dangly thing to hit - so does BDK/B66 and Junkyard, again - to better effect. It's got a hologram that doesn't do much. RFM did that better. It's got a "rollercoaster" type of ramp. Whitewater did that. Back and forth captive balls - tons of games have done that. Playfields drop targets - again, tons of games have done it.

Where's the evolution? It's a game like any other game...

Quoted from hawke:

Often when I get to that, I have this strange saying that pops into my head.
"I want to drag it outside and set it on fire, just to prove a point."

...see, you like the game and STILL feel that way. That's telling. That means you get where I'm coming from. No other game gives me that feeling. There are hard and challenging games that make me go "OOHHHH, you bastard - lets go again!!!" Bit drag it outside to set on fire? That's something else. That's anti-fun.

#183 2 years ago
Quoted from hawke:

For shadow that would be frustrating and you do have a point BUT the shadow also has a game defining flaw. You literally don't need to do anything in the game except shoot loops for combos... All other modes literally get in your way from a high score (minus stacking multiballs if you wanted to). What would you say to something like that compared to ghostbusters? At least it's spread out.

That's tourney logic - I don't play games that way. But even if I did - that's my choice to make. GB doesn't really give you choices. You're restricted to linear ladders and that's that.

#184 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

What is that step though? I mean that's cool that you dig it and all - but I'm not seeing anything on GB that's evolutionary. It's got magnets. Tons of games have magnets (used to better effect IMO). It's got a dangly thing to hit - so does BDK/B66 and Junkyard, again - to better effect. It's got a hologram that doesn't do much. RFM did that better. It's got a "rollercoaster" type of ramp. Whitewater did that. Back and forth captive balls - tons of games have done that. Playfields drop targets - again, tons of games have done it.
Where's the evolution? It's a game like any other game...

...see, you like the game and STILL feel that way. That's telling. That means you get where I'm coming from. No other game gives me that feeling. There are hard and challenging games that make me go "OOHHHH, you bastard - lets go again!!!" Bit drag it outside to set on fire? That's something else. That's anti-fun.

Of course I'm being extremely dramatic with that quote and completely understand where you're coming from. Me needing to walk away from a pin is usually the fire quote, the first 100 times is the "OOHHHH, you bastard - lets go again!!!" I think if you combine both of our opinions on it, there is nothing else that needs to be said for GB

#185 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

That's tourney logic - I don't play games that way. But even if I did - that's my choice to make. GB doesn't really give you choices. You're restricted to linear ladders and that's that.

Agreed but if you were to do tourney logic, it's easy pease. Right lane ladder all day, stack multipliers to stay puft and watch the game EXPLODE (great feeling when it happens too... never gets old)

#186 2 years ago
Quoted from hawke:

You literally don't need to do anything in the game except shoot loops for combos... All other modes literally get in your way from a high score

You need to practice Vengeance more.

#187 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

N00b.

There's more to pinball then two orbits and two ramps in traditional locations that return the ball directly to the flippers.

Also, Ghostbusters Premium offers the most "premium" features and extras then any other modern Stern, easily.

#188 2 years ago

Also, in defense of Ghuostbusters "linear" rules I'll say that it benefits the game.

1. You don't start the same mode each time as modes can start based on the mode ladder you CHOOSE through gameplay.

2. Playing modes based on scenes in the film that occur later on doesn't make sense from a story perspective. It's cool that those modes have to be earned and are not able to be played at anytime. With Ghostbusters you can actually say how far you made it into the game.

#189 2 years ago

I'm glad there are people who enjoy GB.

#190 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Also, in defense of Ghuostbusters "linear" rules I'll say that it benefits the game.

Ok, enjoy then. It has alienated many from the game when it didn't have to.

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

1. You don't start the same mode each time as modes can start based on the mode ladder you CHOOSE through gameplay.

It's still linear and repetitive and due to the cheap airballs, stdm and outlane hop drains...you're basically seeing the same mode or two every game. We got one and Who brought the Dog. Not to mention the super annoying "miss the mode skill shot, you'll prob cheap-drain while attacking Slimer to start a mode" logic.

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Playing modes based on scenes in the film that occur later on doesn't make sense from a story perspective.

Yet non-linear modes have worked perfectly in every movie based game ever. No one has ever complained about random modes before.

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

There's more to pinball then two orbits and two ramps in traditional locations that return the ball directly to the flippers.

GB has two orbits and two ramps that return the ball directly to the flippers lol. Except the orbits spelt ones return the ball down mile-wide gapsville.

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Also, Ghostbusters Premium offers the most "premium" features and extras then any other modern Stern, easily.

ACDC prem got me this over Pro:

Color changing inserts
Color changing GI
Molded train
Dancin' band
Swinging bell & bell magnet
Highway fire lights
Animated TNT
ACDC and TNT Drop targets
Lower playfield
Crossover ramp
Bigger subwoofer
Powder coated trim

GB Prem:
Butt dragging side to side Slimer
Ecto Goggles
Different Ramps
Molded library & storage
Magna Slings

The most Prem features and Extras, you say?

#191 2 years ago

Oh Rarehero, attempting to purposely undermine Ghostbusters Premium feature yet again. Tisk tisk. Let me help educate you

Ecto Goggles
Metal subway ramp that drops under the playfield
Physical ball lock integrated with subway ramp
Magna slings with 4 playfield flashers
Moving left to right Slimer
Molded library
Molded storage facility
Cross over right ramp
Additional scoop eject
Metal apron

There are more substantial extras on GB, and ones actually made out of metal, compared to ACDC (great game btw, grew tired of rules and sold mine).

#192 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You always have a choice between 3 different scenes, unless a ladder is completed or your end shot starts the next scene. So you analogy holds little weight to it.

Rob

#193 2 years ago

I owned a Pro, twice. It was the head banging against the wall, hard as hell code in the game that kept me coming back for some reason.

I liked some of it when it all clicked, but more often than not, the game just F-ed you over and over again and shot like a shit in a box when the ball would get out of control.
If the ball wasn't trying to hop the rails, it was shooting straight down the middle, out the side like a vortex, going half way up a ramp, or screwing you with something else not registering. I swore at this game more times than any other game, and I ended up beating the whole game once, then kicked it out the door.

Some of the code in the game and dot work is done very well, but it's not a game for most people to enjoy. If you're a die hard with serious flipper skills, you'll get what you bargain for with GB.

#194 2 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

You always have a choice between 3 different scenes, unless a ladder is completed or your end shot starts the next scene. So you analogy holds little weight to it.
Rob

boom-2028563_960_720 (resized).png

#195 2 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Rob

Mmmm except LOTS of people bump on it - so it's not just a "me" thing. Lots of people don't like the mode structure/logic. I don't think it would be as divisive if the playfield didn't have all the frustrating cheap drain issues. But it is what it is - design and code must work in tandem.

#196 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Oh Rarehero, attempting to purposely undermine Ghostbusters Premium feature yet again. Tisk tisk. Let me help educate you
Ecto Goggles
Metal subway ramp that drops under the playfield
Physical ball lock integrated with subway ramp
Magna slings with 4 playfield flashers
Moving left to right Slimer
Molded library
Molded storage facility
Cross over right ramp
Additional scoop eject
Metal apron
There are more substantial extras on GB, and ones actually made out of metal, compared to ACDC (great game btw, grew tired of rules and sold mine).

So you mentioned the same shit I did ...and metal apron, really? lol. I guess I should mention ACDC's translucent red apron ($100 from Stern now lol) and apron flashers, too. ACDC Prem has more shit vs. pro, period. Substantial is subjective - but ass dragging back and forth Slimer doesn't add anything (Pro is better) and the Goggles don't really do much either.

#197 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

So you mentioned the same shit I did ...and metal apron, really? lol. I guess I should mention ACDC's translucent red apron ($100 from Stern now lol) and apron flashers, too. ACDC Prem has more shit vs. pro, period. Substantial is subjective - but ass dragging back and forth Slimer doesn't add anything (Pro is better) and the Goggles don't really do much either.

No you actually left out a lot in attempt to undermine the game again.

Do you really want to go down this path? What does the TNT mech do in ACDC, the buzzing plastic band, heck even the mini playfield? Not much due to very little rules coded for each. There are only so many things a pinball toy / feature can do regardless of the game. I wish the Ecto Goggles could spot real ghosts and grill me a steak but its not going to happen, lol.

#198 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Do you really want to go down this path? What does the TNT mech do in ACDC, the buzzing plastic band, heck even the mini playfield? Not much due to very little rules coded for each. There are only so many things a pinball toy / feature can do regardless of the game. I wish the Ecto Goggles could spot real ghosts and grill me a steak but its not going to happen, lol.

He traded out his GB for the lower rated and more expensive Hobbit which has a very pretty playfield. I find it to be too wide open and kind of a snooze fest. Ball times are long like Rbion. All his GB hate may be just a desperate attempt to convince himself he made a good choice. I certainly wouldn't have done it.

#199 2 years ago
Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

He traded out his GB for the lower rated and more expensive Hobbit which has a very pretty playfield. I find it to be too wide open and kind of a snooze fest. Ball times are long like Rbion. All his GB hate may be just a desperate attempt to convince himself he made a good choice. I certainly wouldn't have done it.

Geeze you GB culties take this shit so seriously. "Desperate attempt" lol ....If I really wanted a GB I'd go fucking buy one. Like - is that your angle? They're unavailable or I can't afford it? Okaaaaay lol. It's literally the worst game I've ever played in my life. That is the only reason I don't have it. The only thing I need to do to convince myself Hobbit was the right choice is hitting the start button. It brings me joy, rather than sapping it like the garbage dumpster that unfortunately carries the great moniker of Ghostbusters.

#200 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Lol whatever bro....enjoy. Hope they worked out the QC.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 218.00
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 274 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside