(Topic ID: 186647)

THE Reason why (I think) Ghostbusters sucks....

By xyntec

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Anyone agrees?”

• Yes 103 votes
    35%
  • No 137 votes
    46%
  • Waiting for a code update 30 votes
    10%
  • No Opinion 26 votes
    9%

(296 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpeg
Peewee (resized).jpg
20170515_152643 (resized).jpg
new_Ghostbusters_LOGO_by_johnnysparks (resized).jpg
20170514_115219 (resized).jpg
20161024_191722 (resized).jpg
20170204_212146 (resized).jpg
boom-2028563_960_720 (resized).png
IMG_3066 (resized).JPG
IMG_3065 (resized).JPG
monkey_poo_for_you_pt6_by_jays_doodles (resized).jpg
IMG_1279 (resized).JPG
IMG_3067 (resized).JPG
IMG_3066 (resized).JPG
IMG_3065 (resized).JPG
IMG_3062 (resized).JPG
There are 274 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.
#51 7 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

I was a loyal follower of GB from well before it was announced. It was my dream theme machine. Lol
I ordered the LE as soon as it was announced. I agree the game looks amazing. My playfield, no issues. Colours great, toys well integrated and plentiful. Cabinet and green rails beautiful along with the translite art.
However as many have said about many other games, you don't play the art. After 7 months or so I just have not been able to love the game. Most of the ops comments I agree with. You can have a regular multiball along with WCWS and when MHMB starts it ruins the whole party. Just really poorly done. It was said months ago that the code is finished. I believe this to be true and aside from a few bug fixes Stern will let this one ride on the theme alone without further code development.
I completed all mode ladders as well as WRTBY. It is lackluster still. The modes just go through the same linear action again and the final "wizard mode" is nothing special at all.
The code has ruined this game and even if they do add some things (which they could) it won't change the boring progress of starting one mode at a time and playing mainly those same first few modes again and again and again. Even getting through all those modes, at the end there is no reward for finishing them.
Sold my GBLE for $1000+ less than what I had into it. Could have sold it for more but really felt the next owner is getting ripped off for the money to spend on such a narrow and poorly done code. Stern should be ashamed on this one. i am sure others can still love it but I am one who wanted it so bad and wanted to love it and keep it forever but it just hurt too much to hear "ok who brought the dog" again... bye bye GBLE

Got to WRTBY already? how the fawk are you guys setting up your games? Carrot flippers & center post with side posts all the way down? Or is everyone on pinside Keith Elwin? I think you guys are setting your shit up to easy and that's why you get bored with it. I have yet to see anyone even come close to getting to WRTBY on any GB i've seen around here including mine. Hell, i've owned LOTR since 2007, and only got 85% of the way to valinor once, out of the past 10 years. (that's as close as I ever got). Am I going to pussy out and make it easier so I can reach the end? Fawk no!. That's the journey, that's what keeps you coming back. Waiting and striving to be better, play better, and see what takes for ever to see. If I wanted a game I could blown through on the first or second play, i'd own MB, or SS or something like that.

#52 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Got to WRTBY already? how the fawk are you guys setting up your games? Carrot flippers & center post with side posts all the way down? Or is everyone on pinside Keith Elwin? I think you guys are setting your shit up to easy and that's why you get bored with it. I have yet to see anyone even come close to getting to WRTBY on any GB i've seen around here including mine. Hell, i've owned LOTR since 2007, and only got 85% of the way to valinor once, out of the past 10 years. (that's as close as I ever got). Am I going to pussy out and make it easier so I can reach the end? Fawk no!. That's the journey, that's what keeps you coming back. Waiting and striving to be better, play better, and see what takes for ever to see. If I wanted a game I could blown through on the first or second play, i'd own MB, or SS or something like that.

Get off your high horse of shame. People pay good money for pinball machines and they should be enjoyable. There's a reason the center post and other mods are making a small fortune for the mod community - it's not because people want the game "easy". It's because the game shipped with massive design flaws and linear code - and people just want their games to be a bit more fun and to see more than "Who Brought the Dog" when they play. You can set up a LOTR super hard, and a player can at least enjoy fresh content each time by starting any ring mode in any order, or any of the 3 Multiballs in any order. Imagine if you had to play Witch King first every time ...or do the multiballs in strict trilogy order...locking out basic content isn't good for pinball design. Sure - save certain things for great players - Destroy the Ring, Elf Gifts, There and Back Again, etc. By being so rigidly structured, GB has locked away most the basic content from 95% of players. People don't want it "easy", but those tweaks are the only possible way people will ever see more than a couple modes due to the cheap drains out of the box and linear modes.

#53 7 years ago

I really wanted to like this machine...Ghosbusters is one of my favorite movies. The call-outs are hilarious, the artwork is gorgeous, the scream! Just an awesome theme for any fan of the original movie(s). The play field just looks awesome with all of it's toys. Then I played it, SDTM. Then I played it again, SDTM. I spent an hour on the machine (set to free play thankfully) on a busy Saturday. Now I included the fact that the arcade was busy as their was no line waiting to play GB nor onlookers, and I seemed to be the only person to put more than a few plays on it. Since at the time I was considering it for a Stern NIB purchase and wanted to make an educated decision I diligently tried to put it through it's paces.

This game had so much potential, but a few design details made it unbearably difficult for me and took the fun out of it. Now this is just my opinion and I'm genuinely happy for the users that really enjoy this machine, but it's not for me. The good news is that we have so many choices, we can really buy a machine that makes us happy and keeps is coming back for more. But, it's a big disappointment for me that such an awesome theme turned out to be a turd of a game.

But on a positive note, at least Stern hasn't ruined my favorite movie of all time "Karate Kid." lol

#54 7 years ago

It really does shoot like crap.

#55 7 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

No modification. You can do 1 5/8" and that's about as low as it can go. At that point the terminals for the ramp switch are just about touching plastic.

Just ordered one! Very curious, hope it will improve the right ramp shot, sometimes when a mode requires this shot I just spend all remaining balls just trying to nail it and end up with nothing....and there goes the off switch.....

#56 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Be nice to get some more use of the Ecto Goggles.
And Loopin Supers needs to be held over until multiball is finished. Its a really fun mode, such a shame it gets lost so often in SFMB.

TOTALLY AGREE!

#57 7 years ago
Quoted from xyntec:

Just ordered one! Very curious, hope it will improve the right ramp shot, sometimes when a mode requires this shot I just spend all remaining balls just trying to nail it and end up with nothing....and there goes the off switch.....

Huge improvement...the game should come installed with the shorter hex spacer.

#58 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

It's not the linearity of the scenes, but the first scenes are just too simple. There's no incentive to play them other than just to get to the next scene. The awarded points are always the same and how well (or poorly) you do has no effect on anything else. That's the big thing wrong with the scenes IMHO. Later scenes have more scoring opportunities and score higher which makes them more fun, but they still have no purpose other than just getting to WCWS which is a very shallow mini wizard mode.

If you can't qualify the scenes, you need to play better. Scene qualification has been dumbed down since the first code release so only 1 hit of the ghost target brings slimer out. Hit him 2 or 3 times and the scenes are lit. That's not a lot of shots. The real problem I think with the skill shots is that a few are not worth going for - ever. Mainly, the 'add 3 million to super jackpot' is the worst one. I think the skill shots should time out on the lower playfield too.

I completely agree. There are reasons this happens which I have discussed with Dwight. I hope it gets eventually tweaked.

I don't mind the stacking, but the lack of purpose to these different modes is what disappoints me. So the flippers reverse in MHMB, is that it? So each shot scores several million points in WCWS, what else is there? Stacking modes together is what makes them somewhat fun right now.
Rob

Biggest problem for me is probably that I'm an "on the fly" player, I don't like to catch aim and so on, for me the most fun is continuous motion, but this is exactly the problem with GB, if you miss a shot, you're 98% sure the ball will fly somewhere and drain....
And like said the right ramp on the LE is hard to make (at least on mine, hope the lower standoff is going to change this), so some modes I just can't seem to pass and therefor just loose my the rest of the balls trying.
I have the Ghost targets on hard, because I don't like to just hit it once and have slimer come down, it has 5 letters, so I like to hit it 5 times, BUT on GB of course this might not be the smart choice, cause 9 out of 10 shots result in a drain....
That's why I normally always go for the skillshot to start a mode, soft plunge, catch on the right flipper, and backhand the right orbit.

#59 7 years ago

I installed the shorter hex post on my premium ramp and that shot is still tough as nails. I can't tell if I'm just terrible at hitting it or if I need to adjust it some more.

#60 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Get off your high horse of shame. People pay good money for pinball machines and they should be enjoyable. There's a reason the center post and other mods are making a small fortune for the mod community - it's not because people want the game "easy". It's because the game shipped with massive design flaws and linear code - and people just want their games to be a bit more fun and to see more than "Who Brought the Dog" when they play. You can set up a LOTR super hard, and a player can at least enjoy fresh content each time by starting any ring mode in any order, or any of the 3 Multiballs in any order. Imagine if you had to play Witch King first every time ...or do the multiballs in strict trilogy order...locking out basic content isn't good for pinball design. Sure - save certain things for great players - Destroy the Ring, Elf Gifts, There and Back Again, etc. By being so rigidly structured, GB has locked away most the basic content from 95% of players. People don't want it "easy", but those tweaks are the only possible way people will ever see more than a couple modes due to the cheap drains out of the box and linear modes.

i'm just asking how the hell we have so many Keith Elwins on pinside.

#61 7 years ago

I want to love this game as the theme is very close to my heart it looks the dog's bollocks, but everytime I play it on location I walk away unimpressed. Maybe it is a hardcore game for the home pinhead, but to me the drain factor and clunky shots equate to zero fun. I have every reason to believe that at least 3 out of the 4 location games I've played have been setup so it's more than that. It's shame as like I said it's gorgeous as pinball art goes.

#62 7 years ago

Gb is one of sterns best games - full package with art sounds and gameplay. The code is really good too.

It is very hard, if you brick a shot etc then yea your probably going to drain, which is why I think alot of people get frustrated with it.

If you like hard games like twd or im, your probably going to love this game. If you want a walk in the park, you probably wont.

#63 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Factory settings but I change free game to extra ball so there is one extra ball. Tournament play is set up with no extra balls so I would have 3 extra balls (two from factory code and 1 extra from scoring). That is my 6 balls against his 3 and yes I am not too bad of a player. Also in 8 months I likely played 1000+ games myself including and hour or two at a time.

Toward the end I also started doing I reset if I didn't get the mode started with the skill shot. Because without a mode the game sucks really really bad.

Now someone might say after playing so much of course I would get bored... not true. I did the same with METLE and the same with STLE and same with LOTR and TSPP yet they remain still after years with different games every time I play. GBLE was just the same game, same options after ghost 20,50, etc and same mode options on each ladder 1 by 1.

For the record I have gotten 1 shot away from Valinor and never finished TSPP. I have completed METLE and have completed 2 sets of STLE inserts only. Games are all set the same - factory with just an extra ball instead of credit.

#64 7 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Factory settings but I change free game to extra ball so there is one extra ball. Tournament play is set up with no extra balls so I would have 3 extra balls (two from factory code and 1 extra from scoring). That is my 6 balls against his 3 and yes I am not too bad of a player. Also in 8 months I likely played 1000+ games myself including and hour or two at a time.
Toward the end I also started doing I reset if I didn't get the mode started with the skill shot. Because without a mode the game sucks really really bad.
Now someone might say after playing so much of course I would get bored... not true. I did the same with METLE and the same with STLE and same with LOTR and TSPP yet they remain still after years with different games every time I play. GBLE was just the same game, same options after ghost 20,50, etc and same mode options on each ladder 1 by 1.
For the record I have gotten 1 shot away from Valinor and never finished TSPP. I have completed METLE and have completed 2 sets of STLE inserts only. Games are all set the same - factory with just an extra ball instead of credit.

awesome. That's what I was curious about. Many on here say they do all these things really quickly on games, and i'm curious on how. Like getting to cybertron on TF. I havn't even reached sentinal prime yet and I wonder if I have my games set that hard or what the problem is. Because others that come over for tournaments and leagues don't do it either, yet Pinside seems to be cranking out wizard modes left and right. I have yet to see a wizard mode on any of my newer sterns. All my B/W and DE titles I would see a wizard mode in hours or months from owning it.

#65 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

awesome. That's what I was curious about. Many on here say they do all these things really quickly on games, and i'm curious on how. Like getting to cybertron on TF. I havn't even reached sentinal prime yet and I wonder if I have my games set that hard or what the problem is. Because others that come over for tournaments and leagues don't do it either, yet Pinside seems to be cranking out wizard modes left and right. I have yet to see a wizard mode on any of my newer sterns. All my B/W and DE titles I would see a wizard mode in hours or months from owning it.

I own Transformers LE, purchased in December 2012...I finally got to Cybertron for the first time the other night...one of those times where I couldn't miss a shot. As for my other games, I have never made a wizard mode. Iron Man, I have made it to the do or die shot and jerricho missile mayhem...not sure what those are considered.

#66 7 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

If you like hard games like twd or im, your probably going to love this game. If you want a walk in the park, you probably wont.

IM is one of my all time favorites. I enjoy TWD enough to play it on location. I hate GB. Difficulty is not the issue with GB. Poor/unfair design & linear code is. The game is not even remotely comparable to IM or TWD.

#67 7 years ago

I got to say all the ghostbusters talk. There's a lot of it. That in itself is a good thing. To me.

I've played it, I have friend who has it and loves it. So does his wife. They are pretty good players too. I probably will never get my own but he is very happy. I'm very happy to play theirs. I am only turned off by all the weird ass production issues. That stuff has to go. But my buddy had no issues with his gb not sure which version.

#68 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

IM is one of my all time favorites. I enjoy TWD enough to play it on location. I hate GB. Difficulty is not the issue with GB. Poor/unfair design & linear code is. The game is not even remotely comparable to IM or TWD.

What this guy said.

1 week later
#69 6 years ago

Finally got that shorter hex post, it fits a bit weird but it works! Of course the shot ain't getting any easier to hit, but when I do, it makes it around instead of just rolling back all the time, so that's an improvement!

#70 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I think GB sucks because it's the only machine sinestro owns and he thinks it's the shit. So I tell him how much it sucks because it really annoys him.
(It's actually quite a bit of fun, though... )

Nah, I have my issues with it too. Some code, some design.

The single biggest problem is lack of ball control.

#71 6 years ago

I kind of agree with all comments good and bad. It's a frustrating game where things just don't seem to work very well. I still enjoy playing it for some reason. Definitely not Stern's worst.

#72 6 years ago

I've had a gb premium for about 3 weeks... it's about the most frustrating game I've played. The biggest killer is the flipper gap... just not a lot of fun imho. Pretty disappointing. Tonight I just had to walk away.

#73 6 years ago
Quoted from bb2j3z:

I've had a gb premium for about 3 weeks... it's about the most frustrating game I've played. The biggest killer is the flipper gap... just not a lot of fun imho. Pretty disappointing. Tonight I just had to walk away.

It's not gonna magically become more fun. Time to walk away for real. Get a fun game!

#74 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It's not gonna magically become more fun. Time to walk away for real. Get a fun game!

I'm honestly considering it now... I've owned tron... currently have iron man, Star Trek, and got le and they have been way better and fun. I don't want to jump on a game.. but holy crap this game is bad.

#75 6 years ago

10 months of Pure Fun for me!

New Code Release to be coming!

#76 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

10 months of Pure Fun for me!
New Code Release to be coming!

He said the biggest killer for him is the flipper gap. Now I dont agree that is the worst thing because there are far worse things after you play it more but how is code going to fix the flipper gap for him?

Great that you have enjoyed it and continue to. It really does depend on the player and what you are looking for. I wish I could have enjoyed it more long term because it really was a nice looking pin.

I held on for so long before deciding to stop fooling myself. Haven't missed it yet and don't think I ever will. Someone could just play the audio clip "OK Who Brought the Dog" and I am good for 12 more months. Lol

#77 6 years ago

I've put a lot of $ into the Pro and Premium on location and I just cannot get away from the huge flipper gap, terrible side drains off those shitty low rails, balls flying all over the place. Gap and side drains - pure fun killer. I don't even take the free games all the drunks leave anymore.

#78 6 years ago
Quoted from bb2j3z:

There are issues with the game's design, but the gap isn't one off them.

#79 6 years ago

I don't get the criticism with GB at all. It (Premium or LE anyway) is the most fun game I can remember in a long, long time. I think the modes, callouts, shots, music, and dots are all fantastic although I'm looking forward to a color DMD. The entire artwork package is just fantastic. Both me and my kids have lengthy ball times so I don't understand the suggestion that this is somehow a drain monster either. Absolutely love the game but to each his own.

#80 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

There are issues with the game's design, but the gap isn't one off them.

It absolutely is. Follow the money = those center post kits have sold SOOO WELLLL!

Had the game shipped with normal flipper gap and maybe a center post, that would have been a start in correcting the design flaws. Any owner/op who felt it was too easy that way could have easily removed the post and/or added lightning flippers to widen the gap.

Word is that the gap was wider than Trudeau intended, but it was too late to change it...and Trudeau has been told to put a normal gap on his next game.

#81 6 years ago

I put the carrot flippers on, gap is still bigger then a normal gap and i love playing the game kept the outlane posts at factory dont have any real complaints still will get some cheap drains but its pinball.

#82 6 years ago

This is my first pin, bought the premium beginning of February. Casual player before owning this pin,now the wife and I have competed in over 25 tournaments! (there are 10 a month where we live We both love our machine. I have a love hate relationship with it fir sure,defiantly frustrating at times,but those 2 outta 10 games that go over a billion are so so worth it. Maybe other pins are not this hard,I agree. But for an at home game, who wants an easy pin ? I do hope the code gets upgraded (stern pinball arcade said yesterday that new code is coming! ) But anyway. GC couple weeks ago 3.7billion. The wife has high score of 3.2billion. Have the lane post low,and extra ball instead of replay Otherwise factory. Pke ramp during multiball with 6times play field. That's the trick. Local kid got 8billion on location. Super fun game that, like most pinball machines can be frustrating. Just try harder it's a blast when you have a good game.

#83 6 years ago
Quoted from bb2j3z:

I'm honestly considering it now... I've owned tron... currently have iron man, Star Trek, and got le and they have been way better and fun. I don't want to jump on a game.. but holy crap this game is bad.

Well I sold mine very quickly. Look, good, bad, or indiff'rent to design it just wasn't rewarding game to play for me. If that's how you're feeling, just sell the damn thing and let someone else enjoy it and you can move on. Not every game is for everyone, it isn't a sign of failure to get rid of it

#84 6 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

I have a love hate relationship with it fir sure,defiantly frustrating at times,but those 2 outta 10 games that go over a billion are so so worth it. Maybe other pins are not this hard,I agree. But for an at home game, who wants an easy pin ? I do hope the code gets upgraded (stern pinball arcade said yesterday that new code is coming! ) But anyway. GC couple weeks ago 3.7billion. The wife has high score of 3.2billion. Have the lane post low,and extra ball instead of replay Otherwise factory. Pke ramp during multiball with 6times play field. That's the trick. Local kid got 8billion on location.

For those of us who don't like it, the issue isn't "difficulty", it's a design that is anti-fun and rules that are repetitive. You keep bringing up the billions of points - sure that might be interesting for a tournament player, but most people who approach a story/comedy/mode-based pin like GB aren't looking for points exploits...they're looking for a fun time with those characters and one-liners...due to the cheap design and linear rules, you rarely experience what you want to experience since the characters and audio clips are locked away in the modes no one can reach. I can set up any mode based game to be super difficult, but because most games randomize their modes and have lots of other shots that give satisfying reactions, you can have a different experience every time you play. GB is exactly the same, in the same order every time.

I've had the occasional long billion-point game on GB, but it still wasn't satisfying as I only got through 2 or 3 modes. It always feels more like a survival grind than fun.

#85 6 years ago

I fully agree with that. Defiantly linear and repetitive. Difficult to get to multiball as well. I really hope for code that makes more things happen! I'm very new to tournement. When I play gb in tourney I usually fail miserabley. Under 100m every time. Also,I'm a huge GB movie fan. Growing up in the 80s. So when ya do get to the higher modes,call outs and dmd are very rewarding !! But getting there is hard. The big games I had,only completed a couple modes. But usually get 2 sf mb with multipliers going. I really do hope for code change,and apparently it is coming. Keeping my fingers crossed. I'm super interested in buying my second pin as soon as I find one I like available in Canada. I love Metallica!! Would like to own that one. Have not heard anyone complain about the callouts other than who brought the dog of course...

#86 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It absolutely is. Follow the money = those center post kits have sold SOOO WELLLL!
Had the game shipped with normal flipper gap and maybe a center post, that would have been a start in correcting the design flaws. Any owner/op who felt it was too easy that way could have easily removed the post and/or added lightning flippers to widen the gap.
Word is that the gap was wider than Trudeau intended, but it was too late to change it...and Trudeau has been told to put a normal gap on his next game.

If you actually owned the game and put some decent time on it, you'd realize the gap is a non-issue. The center exit from the pops is what causes the SDTM drains, and those would happen even with the standard gap. SDTM is SDTM. The droopy flippers ARE an issue, as the make ball control much harder. The center exit by the pops is an issue. Airballs can be an issue. Lane jumping can be an issue.

The gap, however, is not.

Namaste.

#87 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

If you actually owned the game and put some decent time on it, you'd realize the gap is a non-issue. The center exit from the pops is what causes the SDTM drains, and those would happen even with the standard gap. SDTM is SDTM. The droopy flippers ARE an issue, as the make ball control much harder. The center exit by the pops is an issue. Airballs can be an issue. Lane jumping can be an issue.
The gap, however, is not.
Namaste.

I agree, all of those things are issues...and I have had decent time on it. I don't have to own it to know what I know. Which is the same thing you know. Peace.

#88 6 years ago

The reason I think GB sucks is because I don't have time to play it more.

#89 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

For those of us who don't like it, the issue isn't "difficulty", it's a design that is anti-fun and rules that are repetitive. You keep bringing up the billions of points - sure that might be interesting for a tournament player, but most people who approach a story/comedy/mode-based pin like GB aren't looking for points exploits...they're looking for a fun time with those characters and one-liners...due to the cheap design and linear rules, you rarely experience what you want to experience since the characters and audio clips are locked away in the modes no one can reach. I can set up any mode based game to be super difficult, but because most games randomize their modes and have lots of other shots that give satisfying reactions, you can have a different experience every time you play. GB is exactly the same, in the same order every time.
I've had the occasional long billion-point game on GB, but it still wasn't satisfying as I only got through 2 or 3 modes. It always feels more like a survival grind than fun.

Good God. Are u hoping Stern tracks your amount of negative reviews and pays you to stop posting or are you on another company's payroll? It's bordering on hysterics.

#90 6 years ago
Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

Good God. Are u hoping Stern tracks your amount of negative reviews and pays you to stop posting or are you on another company's payroll? It's bordering on hysterics.

Look at the title of this thread.

Look at other people's comments.

Ask yourself why you're focusing on me?

Don't like it, put me on ignore.

#91 6 years ago
Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

His hate toward Ghostbusters is beyond stupid and its literally consuming him and sucking the life out of him. He needs to get over it and move on already.

#92 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Look at the title of this thread.
Look at other people's comments.
Ask yourself why you're focusing on me?
Don't like it, put me on ignore.

There might be 50 monkeys in a zoo cage. People pay attention to the one in a jumping up and down, screaming and throwing it's own poo.

Did you catch ghostbusters in bed with your wife or something?

#93 6 years ago
Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

There might be 50 monkeys in a zoo cage. People pay attention to the one in a jumping up and down, screaming and throwing it's own poo.
Did you catch ghostbusters in bed with your wife or something?

Nah, but I think I'm catching you blowing a load on Ghostbusters as we speak...while your wife has a finger up your poopchute, your cat licks your balls while your dog humps it, and your gramma watches.

Cuz...yeah, cuz that's where this has gone.

Cheers!

Also Ghostbusters sucks, as the subject says. If that bothers you, please go to the "Lets blow loads on Ghostbusters" thread.

[image removed]

#94 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well I sold mine very quickly. Look, good, bad, or indiff'rent to design it just wasn't rewarding game to play for me. If that's how you're feeling, just sell the damn thing and let someone else enjoy it and you can move on. Not every game is for everyone, it isn't a sign of failure to get rid of it

I took his advice and couldn't be happier. I do enjoy the pro though. BTW The Tobin insert started ghosting too (the game was made late december ).

#95 6 years ago

Love love love the theme, but after playing it at two friends' houses I have zero desire to own one.

#96 6 years ago

Game is a dud.... sad to say, but true....

#97 6 years ago

I was eager to own a Ghostbusters. I traded my Metallica that I was getting sick of for a GB. Metallica played great and being in the Pinside top 10 made me never want to get rid of it. I lost sleep over this trade in the first two days. Finally I started practicing on GB and got pretty good at it. The honeymoon phase is over and still I totally love this game. Getting this game tuned in and leveled good is important for gameplay. Add a Shaker motor and a decent subwoofer can make it phenomenal. I rank Ghostbusters in my personal top 10 where it will remain for some time to come. For many reasons I have to answer the poll with no to agreement. To each his own though right?

#98 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Nah, but I think I'm catching you ------- - ---- on Ghostbusters as we speak...while your wife has a finger up your ---------, your cat licks your ----- while your dog ----- it, and your gramma watches.
Cuz...yeah, cuz that's where this has gone.
Cheers!
Also Ghostbusters sucks, as the subject says. If that bothers you, please go to the "Lets ---- ----- on Ghostbusters" thread.

Dude!!! OMG this is a PG-13 forum! Please edit!!!

#99 6 years ago

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion of Stern's Ghostbusters. But you can throw me in the pool of die hard fans. Everyone that comes over plays GB the most. Not one complaint about the machine (but they don't complain about any other machines as well lol). I read all the good and all the bad in this thread. To each their own I guess.

This pin will never leave my collection, and sits nicely next to my A pins .

#100 6 years ago
Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

Dude!!! OMG this is a PG-13 forum! Please edit!!!

You first. You insinuated that GB banged my wife. Don't be a hypocrite. Don't insult if you can't take it flung back atchya.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

15,699 (OBO)
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 103.00
14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 274 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-reason-why-i-think-ghostbusters-sucks/page/2?hl=billrz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.