Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 57 posts
  • 37 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by cal50
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pinball Wizard.jpg
    IMG_2543-733.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RogerKlotz27.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

I think you are correct! The "limited to 1500" announcement when the reality is a whole lot less will be made at 9k is quite deceptive. After people snapped up 1000 MMR's in two days like rabid dogs, at 8k.......

Coast 2 Coast podcast touched on it as well, if people are willing to buy a 1000 15 year old games at 8k in one day, Jack is going to say to himself "why shouldn't my machine, which is no doubt much better quality, cost more..."

You may not like it but it's true, market sets the value. So get used to that terrible $9000 Witch laugh callout every time you fire up that WOZ. ugh

My personal opinion for what it's worth,The 90's games while having their place in pinball history can't hold a candle to the games of the last 3 years.

Maybe WhiteWater can...... that games amazing.

#6 10 years ago
    Quoted from cal50:

Its not just any +15 year old machine, it happens to be a VERY desirable one and one of the most expensive ones traded today. It took a long time to climb up to that price pinnacle. Its pretty straight forward thinking making a re-run of that title based on popularity / desirability.
    Pricing a new and different game based off of the example above is just trying to ride the coat tails.
    MM is not a WOZ and vice versa.

The reason for it's #1 status is do to its "limited availability" appeal, clearly not the only factor but it definitely has a role in this. If I had to bet I think that it will be bumped from the #1 spot once all these remakes are out.

#9 10 years ago
    Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Most of the games that I like best are from the 90s. The only game that came out in the last 3 years that I can say I really dig is AC\DC, so I guess I disagree.

I hope you can try a social experiment for me then.

Go find a highly touted 90's game you haven't played in a while, or maybe that you never experienced.
    Then go play Metallica or Star Trek. See which you like better
    There is no question that there is something special about the generic themes (I guess it just seems like a total pinball designers dream coming to fruition rather than, oh a new movie came out) but the overall build quality and fun factor is greater in the newer games, for me at least.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RogerKlotz27.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-reason-for-the-9k-price-tag?tu=RogerKlotz27 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.