piano1 (resized).jpg
20210321_200635 (resized).jpg
3185F7AC-F2C2-488B-A30E-FAD42AC148C1 (resized).jpeg
5BBD2D44-35C2-4CFD-9FBC-05688FB49A3E (resized).jpeg
9A23AF08-89C1-4C28-ACBD-93F6AC918D16 (resized).jpeg
3B2BDDBA-DFCD-495B-A2AF-964375B51AD3 (resized).jpeg
tz1 (resized).jpg

#1 3 years ago

The piano mod is ready for production! We have tested it in the Twilight Zone for weeks, everyone who played our TZ loved this add on.
This mod is a combination of molding the base, 3D FDM printing the keyboard, SLA printing the pianola rol and vacforming the frame of the rol and the top piece.
Our design is made to fit easily under the clock at the right angle and has a space at the top for the connectors of the clock.

Underneath there's a block to help you to center the piano in place. To secure this position we have added a longer screw which is included in the package. This screw holds the clock plate together with the piano in position.

By removing the old red and yellow light bulb, turning the lamp bracket position 180 degrees and inserting the new connectors, there is no soldering or replacing underneath connectors neccesary. There is a bright Yellow and Red LED behind the piano rol that lightens up the playfield included.

Offcourse you will get documentation with it that helps you install this step by step.

We think every TZ owner loves this new mod and we have taken much time in making this. We have done our best to give it high details. The keyboard has five octaves as the real pianola and the roll has the punctures to automatically play the piano.
The design is based on the drawing from the backglass and have the same colors as the targets below the piano.

Soon we will post more pictures of this mod in action.

Price will be 55 euro ex. shipping costs. If you want to preorder this mod. Please write a mail to [email protected] and tell us where you live. We then put you a on the list in incoming order and you will soon get a quote from us when yours is ready.

tz1 (resized).jpg

3 weeks later
#2 3 years ago

85 euro ? What happened to 55 Euro ? 36.97 US for shipping ?

#3 3 years ago

Again, you like to post this in all topics, as you can read above the price was 55 ex shipping. Shipping is 25 euro to USA and Paypal buyers protection is 5 euro.
But why I have to explain this? You are free to buy and I can't make the Fedex price lower. You have the piano within 3 days, so it's quick. You can also pick it up at my door for 55 euro cash. Or emigrate to the Netherlands, then shipping is 6,95 euro.

#4 3 years ago

The clock looks like it's pointing at a funny angle in that photo.. is that how it normally looks? It looks like the clock is pointing upwards?

#6 3 years ago

Fair enough, just looked a bit odd in the photo. Nice looking piano mod

#7 3 years ago

cuda3134

In your mail to me you stated that the shipping costs are way to high. You also stated this in the topics about the Piano Mod.
You told me that you pay 4 or 5 euro's shipping from Germany to US. That's amazing, because shipping from one place in the Netherlands to another place in the Netherlands is 6,95 euro for the minimal package.
I still didn't receive your information where you bought this with this cheap shipping costs. This will certainly help make this mod cheaper! I now use Fedex as lowest price to US (25 euro's look on fedex.com).
Also if someone else knows a cheaper option to send from Netherlands to US, I like to read that.

#8 3 years ago

I have six Piano's left after servicing the prescribers. Let's wait a few days on the shipping costs answer to lower the price.
In the mean time you can still reserve one, send a mail to [email protected]

#9 3 years ago

No response to lower the shipping costs, I looked again and fedex is the cheapest to send to USA. 5 piano mods left

3 years later
#10 7 months ago

After 3 years still no response on lowering the shipping costs for US people Some Cuda points here!
The first batches are gone, mostly to EU.. Meanwhile the USA shipping fees are rised

If you are still interested, please mail to [email protected] and we will start a new batch.

#11 7 months ago

Why is the clock all angled funny? Seems like it doesn’t fit right in there?

#13 7 months ago

Mine isn’t

#14 7 months ago

Than it doesn't fit in yours luckily the other clocks are in the same correct position

#15 7 months ago
Quoted from georgio:

Than it doesn't fit in yours luckily the other clocks are in the same correct position

Got a nice piano for mine that doesn’t require bending the clock bracket up.

#16 7 months ago
Quoted from alexanr1:

Got a nice piano for mine that doesn’t require bending the clock bracket up.

Don't know where you want go to, but sold many and the feedback said it fits perfectly. No bending of the bracket. Even on the Flyer the clock has some tilted angle.

https://www.ipdb.org/images/2684/Flyer.jpg

#17 7 months ago
Quoted from georgio:

Again, you like to post this in all topics, as you can read above the price was 55 ex shipping. Shipping is 25 euro to USA and Paypal buyers protection is 5 euro.
But why I have to explain this? You are free to buy and I can't make the Fedex price lower. You have the piano within 3 days, so it's quick. You can also pick it up at my door for 55 euro cash. Or emigrate to the Netherlands, then shipping is 6,95 euro.

I'm 3 years too late but that's funny

#18 7 months ago

Started out with a question on it being angled up at a funny angle. We evidently got into a debate on whether or not the clock is angled up or if your mod required it to be bent. (I wasn’t the only person to comment on it being bent up.)

Guess it went from a simple question into a debate on whether or not it is bent that way originally. I like your last comment that the flyer has “some” angle. I can’t see any, but we went from it’s bent that way to it looks like “some angle” in a flyer.

Lets leave it at your mod requires some level of bent clock bracket regardless if it came that way or if you will have to bend it to make your mod fit.

Sorry for the debate. I guess being cooped up [removed] elevates my need to debate and critique on line.
GLWS of the mods!

#19 7 months ago
Quoted from alexanr1:

Started out with a question on it being angled up at a funny angle. We evidently got into a debate on whether or not the clock is angled up or if your mod required it to be bent. (I wasn’t the only person to comment on it being bent up.)
Guess it went from a simple question into a debate on whether or not it is bent that way originally. I like your last comment that the flyer has “some” angle. I can’t see any, but we went from it’s bent that way to it looks like “some angle” in a flyer.
Lets leave it at your mod requires some level of bent clock bracket regardless if it came that way or if you will have to bend it to make your mod fit.
Sorry for the debate. I guess being cooped up from the China Virus elevates my need to debate and critique on line.
GLWS of the mods!

Let me clarify based on data. My TZ has factory bracket, and no piano mod.

Distance rear side (playfield-clock housing): 66 mm
Distance front side (playfield-clock housing): 66 mm

Based on this the angle is zero.

#21 7 months ago
3B2BDDBA-DFCD-495B-A2AF-964375B51AD3 (resized).jpeg
#22 7 months ago
Quoted from Davi:

Let me clarify based on data. My TZ has factory bracket, and no piano mod.
Distance rear side (playfield-clock housing): 66 mm
Distance front side (playfield-clock housing): 66 mm
Based on this the angle is zero.

Quoted from alexanr1:

Sorry for the debate. I guess being cooped up from the China Virus elevates my need to debate and critique on line.
GLWS of the mods!

Haha, Why sorry, discussions are great to get things better!
I've measured the angle with an inclinometer on my TZ clock bracket and it is 6 degrees, my friends TZ also. When we made this piano mod we've tested the installation on a couple more TZ's of the Dutch Pinball Association. Went all smooth. From the feedback 3 people said they had some struggle with mounting the mod, but they succeeded. Now I think that was because of a zero or less angled clock base. They had to bent the bracket I guess, going to ask that. Just curious.
So my big question is now, should it be 0 or 6 degrees angle? From the installation feedback I would say 6 degrees.
From the players perspective point I would also say 6 degrees, just like the Phone in Dialed in. You want to have a straight look on the clock.

See what Pat Lawlor can tell me

#23 7 months ago
Quoted from georgio:

Haha, Why sorry, discussions are great to get things better!
I've measured the angle with a inclinometer on my TZ clock bracket out of the playfield and it is 6 degrees, my friends TZ also. When we made this piano mod we've tested the installation on a couple more TZ's of the Dutch Pinball Association. Went all smooth. From the feedback 3 people said they had some struggle with mounting the mod, but they succeeded. Now I think that was because of a zero angled clock base. They had to bent the bracket I guess, going to ask that. Just curious.
So my big question is now, should it be 0 or 6 degrees angle? From the installation feedback I would say 6 degrees.
From the players perspective point I would also say 6 degrees, just like the Phone in Dialed in. You want to have a straight look on the clock.
See what Pat Lawlor can tell me

Too bad he isn’t on here. That would be fun to be able to chat with him.

#24 7 months ago
Quoted from alexanr1:

Too bad he isn’t on here. That would be fun to be able to chat with him.

I have contact with him. Hope he answers quickly today

#25 7 months ago

This is a little ridiculous already, I've worked on enough Twilight Zones over the years to say without a doubt that clock does not come from the factory bent up, it is straight and the bracket is bent at a 90 degree angle.

#26 7 months ago

Its clearly bent here because the piano mod requires you to bend it up for the mod to fit under the clock. One would think the mod could have been made so the clock doesn’t require you to bend the clock up.

#27 7 months ago

My clock is not bent at all and my piano fits perfectly and looks amazing. Your mod looks like junk.

#28 7 months ago

Mine is straight

9A23AF08-89C1-4C28-ACBD-93F6AC918D16 (resized).jpeg
#29 7 months ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

Mine is straight[quoted image]

Yours and everyone else's...

#30 7 months ago

OP’s mod doesn’t have a cut out for the clock to sit in, so is obviously bent up.

Every other piano mod I’ve seen has the recess for the clock to sit in, but OP is telling everyone that the clock is supposed to be pointing up? It’s not.

3185F7AC-F2C2-488B-A30E-FAD42AC148C1 (resized).jpeg5BBD2D44-35C2-4CFD-9FBC-05688FB49A3E (resized).jpeg
#31 7 months ago

Jesus Christ, it's Pianogate...

mine is straight.

20210321_200635 (resized).jpg
#32 7 months ago

I like pinball

#33 7 months ago
Quoted from Spencer:

Yours and everyone else's...

Not “everyone” apparently as shown here

#34 7 months ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Not “everyone” apparently as shown here

I stand corrected. Thank you.

#35 7 months ago

Ok, it's now clear that the original angle is 0 degrees, thanx for the feedback!
The above picture was taken from installing the prototype. As seen on the lower picture coming from the video, the clock connector isn't in the cutout slide made for the connector to slide in. So it looks more dramatic indeed
When the piano is slided towards the clock it will click in place and the clock is bend around 6 degrees upwards. That way it doesn't look like a dremel cut out and there is more room for more "piano".

If you think this mod is Junk or don't want the clock bracket to be bend, you don't have to buy this and are free to choose the Piano mod you like. There are some models shown above, go ahead

So if you are interested, please mail to [email protected].

Below a picture of this piano mod from another angle.

piano1 (resized).jpg
2 months later
#36 5 months ago

I currently have 2 TZ and love them.

One has a metal diverter on the back of the clock. Looks like to keep balls from getting stuck up behind it. Its like a inch wide 2-1/2” long with a 30 degree bend. Can anyone please post up a pic of it properly attached?

Whats the best way to fix striped out plastic in the clock back screws?

Thanks

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside