(Topic ID: 298210)

The real reason JJP playfields are chipping

By Doctor6

2 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Jack, who is to blame for these playfield issues?”

• Owners 7 votes
      50%
    • I mean... owners? 7 votes
      50%

(14 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20210807_073626 (resized).jpg
    #1 2 years ago
    20210807_073626 (resized).jpg20210807_073626 (resized).jpg
    #2 2 years ago

At least link to the Pinball News podcast. With no context you just appear to be trolling because Jack never looked at the photos you posted and responded with the words you're attributing to him. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-magazine-pinball-news-podcast-2-flip-expo-jack-guarnieri/page/2#post-6426591

He made a vague comment about some damage being owner's fault and neither unigroove or Martin Ayub pushed very hard about that. They probably knew it was a dumb comment, they're both experienced interviewers.

#3 2 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

At least link to the Pinball News podcast. With no context you just appear to be trolling because Jack never looked at the photos you posted and responded with the words you're attributing to him. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-magazine-pinball-news-podcast-2-flip-expo-jack-guarnieri/page/2#post-6426591
    He made a vague comment about some damage being owner's fault and neither unigroove or Martin Ayub pushed very hard about that. They probably knew it was a dumb comment, they're both experienced interviewers.

I dont believe anyone here would assume it was these specific incidents. I also assume most of us, by now, know that Jack said the customers are the ones damaging their own pfs per that insane interview he just gave. But thank you for the clarification for those not in the know.

#4 2 years ago

Regardless, I think Jersey Jack may now be categorised as a Pathological liar.

#5 2 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Wasn't all that vague to me.

With the number of people having issues to just kind of brush it off and not own the problem in any way is pretty ridiculous.

All he had to say was they are looking into it or working on it...

Saying "your fault" is what a ten year old would do not a CEO.

#6 2 years ago

Another thread on this subject, WOW! Don't have the time to conduct a full CrazyLevi (sp) type investigation to list them all.

#7 2 years ago

I understand where Jack was coming from with his comments, he did say he really couldn't be sure, but come on man. This is a widespread problem, clearly it isn't people doing things to damage their games, unless he's talking about just playing them normally.

#8 2 years ago

Regardless what you think of this issue, thats pretty funny!!

#9 2 years ago

What Jack said on the podcast was wrong, even hinting that customers caused the issues is wrong. When he referenced the pictures thinking it was customer damage I wonder if those are pictures of games where customers installed their own washers and fixes. What Jack needs to understand is that those customer fixes were done AFTER THE DAMAGE ALREADY OCCURED on earlier build games. Customers wouldn't have to be ironing playfields and installing washers if the playfields were made correctly in the first place.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.